Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,217 members, 7,811,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? (22087 Views)

Never Toil With A Child's Self Esteem: A Lesson From Micheal Jackson's Life. / Ten Steps To Better Self-esteem / Parental Guide: Bringing Up A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by africanrapper: 5:19pm On Nov 05, 2012
Richfella:

Hey bro, am very glad you liked it. There are a billion more life-transforming, reality-shattering resources I could send you if you wanted. I'd be most honoured.

Brother, that guy Jesse Charger is an awesome guy. Do you know I never knew 'Tutorials' ever existed? I also checked out some of the other links on his site - and they are awesome. Since Saturday, I've just been browsing any page on that website and it's already changing the way I see things now - especially my Romance Life.

Thank you a Million times for this.

Uche
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by code1: 6:45pm On May 19, 2013
is your home on fire, is your husband bullying you or coming home late, is your children disobedient and behaving abnormal, did you need any advise on businesses, investment, visibility studies, counseling on marriage, couples, loneliness, health tips, cures for sickness or illness like fibroid, blocked womb, or bareness. Fortune telling, vision and prophecies about the future. Please contact flaky for your general family advise. A trial will convince you. contact flaky on : 0803557387, contact counseling director Mr. Lebby on 08034163515.
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by code1: 6:50pm On May 19, 2013
Is your home on fire? Is your husband bullying you or coming home late? is your children disobedient and behaving abnormal? did you need any advise on businesses, investment, visibility studies, counseling on marriage, couples, loneliness, health tips, cures for sickness or illness like fibroid, blocked womb, or bareness. Fortune telling, vision and prophecies about the future, need a husband, match making, you are looking for husband? or need someone that will love you for real? Do not hesitate to contact us and we will give you the best attention needed in all ramifications. Please contact flaky for your general family advise. A trial will convince you. contact flaky on : 0803557387, contact counseling director Mr. Lebby on 08034163515.
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by doeying(m): 8:56pm On Dec 12, 2013
dayokanu: Nigerians are just bullies imagine a boy maybe struggling with his GPA in school telling a 4yr old girl she is not smart

Greatgod aka OluwaTobi I want to say you dissapointed me small wink wink wink.

Na that kain oponu BIL me I dey like. Being the sharp mouthed Yoruba person I am I would so yab that BIL that he would almost commit suicide

You for first ask him for his WAEC result, and his GPA in school. and bring your daughters school grades. I am certain your daughter was doing better in her school than the dunderhead BIL. Ask him why upon his "sharpness he isnt the best student in MIT, Oxford or even UNILAG or Ife? despite all the money the family has invested on his education?

That everyone has been shy to tell him that he is the dullest person in the whole family and there is a theory that he might have been switched at birth cos his dullness in unmatched in the family tree. In advanced countries he would have been categorized as a reetardd or "Children with Special needs"

Its mostly ppl who cant match their peers that pick on perceived inferior people.

I wont be surprised if the BIL is on academic probation in his school. Nonsense

calm down noww...haba.!!:-)
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by tpia5: 4:40am On Dec 17, 2013
swizz01: To me I tink low esteem is a personal stuff......cz d moment u start feelin inferior,u'll start degradin urslf......

sort of true.
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by tpia5: 4:43am On Dec 17, 2013
@ topic

imo, self esteem is innate, ie something you are born with.
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by chayooh(f): 7:51am On Dec 18, 2013
Esteem or lack thereof stems from both nature (parental upbringing ) and nurture (environment ).
Parents have a responsibility towards ensuring that they teach their children self-confidence. Not only that, listen to them and spend some time with them. It's only by doing this you find out if he or she was bullied at school, jested or called names which is where the environment comes in.
When you teach your child self-esteem without following up on the child's application of the self-esteem to his everyday situation, then it is not complete.
Parents please endeavour to spend quality time with your children.
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by unknowntoyou: 11:14am On Jan 15, 2015
i know your feel bro,i also have low self confidence because of my mother,when i was 4.i think your mind tells you didn't do anything wrong but you are convinced you are inferior due to the violent way he expressed himself makes you feels stupid for not obeying him .that's the point
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by winnieberry(f): 10:17pm On Jan 15, 2015
I personally think its a mixture of both,Most parents abuse and belittle their kids in front of their peers,siblings and strangers.If the child already has a bit of lowsel esteem in them such actions stir up the feelings. I personally tink parents should be careful with the kind of words they use on their kids,aviod people who often belittle their kids,give them reassuring advice and they are gud too go
Re: Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? by forlahkhe: 1:27am On Aug 01, 2015
Its as a result of parental upbringing o, environment(wch constitute ur parents too) has a large influence on a kid's mentality. I am talking frm experience, while I was a kid, my siblings were always mocking my complexion and my mum won't caution them, I stl av inferiority complex because of that. Although, so many pple that knows me find me fun to be with, brilliant and d likes......bt I tel u, d COMPLEX is just there. I always wana b som1 else because my siblings made me believe dt I'm not good enof*sad face*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? / Black And White Twins / Why Are Relatives Always Jealous Of One's Success?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.