Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him (13895 Views)

When There's No Job And You Are Ready To Accept Any Salary / Why You Don’t Have A Job Yet – And What To Do About It! / 100 Job Seekers March To Alausa In Protest Of No Job (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by OYINBOGOJU(m): 10:41pm On Nov 03, 2012
Don't you have any talent at all?

I believe you have talent which would have fetch you million within those 6 years.......

Look inside yourself bro,there is hidden gift in there.

Stop Looking for job and let job look for you.
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by acidtalk: 10:46pm On Nov 03, 2012
violent:
what did you study for your degree?
Open your BAT eyes and read. He didn't write it in Chinese.

1 Like

Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:49pm On Nov 03, 2012
Wow, you are really a hot talent. You got skillz man, keep tha fiyah burning.
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by Denlightened(m): 10:52pm On Nov 03, 2012
[quote
author=Abbey2sam]Just six years at home and you are complaining, by the
time you spend more years at home you go use your head creat
job......you never tay for house, forget those things way you write for
up there, i fit write pass like that......

My brother go and create wealth[/quote]

how can you be so rude?here is someone complaining of his difficulties and all you do is to blame him rather than to encourage and suggest better things for him

2 Likes

Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by innocentchuks(m): 10:56pm On Nov 03, 2012
as
a civil Engineering it is a sin on ur side to lack, u have all it takes
to succeed in life just that u fell to look inward. believe u me if u
have try to use ur knowledge and idea as an Engineer to solve peoples
problem since u left school by now u would have been a very good
contractor. i know of people who are not half way ur qualification
standard and they are living big. the problem u have is u, u focus on
job hunting only instead of developing urself. for example as a civil
Engineer u suppose to know AutoCad and design if u had use this
information and design houses meet people and sell ur design to then for
the past six yrs by now u would have been building mansions for people.
stop blaming the society for ur failure, it is high time we graduates
should stop this common notion 'go to school, get good grade and look
for work' it is no longer working considering the society we are in. it
is time to be proactive. on ur music aspect if u have the gift exploit
it.

2 Likes

Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by rootedingrace: 10:59pm On Nov 03, 2012
THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE ATTENDED SCHOOL DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE GUARANTEED A JOB AFTER-ALL WHAT WERE YOU EVEN TAUGHT WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW SIMPLE MATHS AND ENGLISH !!!!!

NIGERIANS FAIL TO REALIZE THE IMPORTANCE OF HAVING A SKILL.

LEARN HOW TO DESIGN A WEBSITE - YOU WILL MAKE TONS OF CASH COUNTRIES LIKE BENIN, TOGO, SENEGAL !

LEARN HOW TO SEW ( TAKES LESS THAN 6 MONTHS) ORDERS WILL NEARLY KILL YOU !

LEARN HOW TO REPAIR HOME APPLIANCES (MONEY WILL KILL YOU) DAILY MONEY. TV'S, SPLIT-UNIT, IRONS, ELECTRIC KETTLES.

STOP COMPLAINING AND DO SOMETHING AND SEE IF PAPA GOD WONT LIFT YOU UP.

1 Like

Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by man119: 11:03pm On Nov 03, 2012
thegoodjoehunt: Wow, you are really a hot talent. You got skillz man, keep tha fiyah burning.
thanks a lot for the encouragement. I did the song in a studio I can afford.

1 Like

Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by newmaonza: 11:03pm On Nov 03, 2012
cry
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by semid4lyfe(m): 11:08pm On Nov 03, 2012
Highbros: Though the song is wacky but I will still advice you go with music because this is Nigeria - you can't predict any song that will make it. You might be the next big thing. Who knows!?.

The song is by no means wack.

The beat is a fast up-tempo beat, the rhyming lyrics though generic ain't bad and the chorus is very catchy and "sing-alongable".

I mean, this is the success formula of today's Naija urban street jamz. It kinda reminds me of Chuddy K's "gaga crazy" with it's repetitive sequence.

OP, this song has the potential to be a HIT. You've got something here. Push it as much as you can. . you know the works nah wink

2 Likes

Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by olaayodele(m): 11:11pm On Nov 03, 2012
Sincerely speaking,its not a normal condition.You need to be prayerful and for you to break this trend you must live a righteous life.pray that God should help you to restore all your virtues lost to the emptiers .secondly, when next you are invited for an interview,dont mention it to anyone,however close you are to the person, you should mention it to God in your closet.unfortunately,you may not consent to my points,it is the strategy of virtue emptiers to harden ones mind not to consent to what will yield a result.

2 Likes

Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 03, 2012
yemmy_ma: I feel for you Op. Since i can't say how you fared with your interviews and tests, it is difficult to come to a conclusion on your job chances.

Have you tried other things like studying for a masters? maybe it will improve your chances in the labour market. Best of luck!
this is rubbish ignorant talk I hate, a person can barely survive Ǎ̜̣̍Ϟd you want him †☺ go get a useless degree. I'll rather pay 120k †☺ learn how †☺ operate cat equipment than get a masters. Employment Iڪ almost automatic.

The only advice I have for poster Iڪ that you hold your God dearly, if you like de form atheists na im be say na hungry go kill you throwaway.
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by kayjegs: 11:16pm On Nov 03, 2012
@OP...one thing I have discovered in life is that you may not be able to control some things especially your past. And that no condition is permanent. You will surely make it but you just need to be focused, take some advices you have gathered from this thread and put to use. The funny thing again is that as you are trying them, it may seem not to still work but one day you will surely make a head way. The truth is that some people's case is even worse than yours. I still read on this same nairaland some minutes ago about Dangote saying confidently that PhD holders applied for the Driver vacancy in his company. Could you have believed that. At least such person must have been looking for job for upward of 10 years and you can also imagine the condition. Some people's case were worse than this and today you hardly can tell if they ever suffered in their lives. There are so many examples around us to testify.
Try make sure you acquire skills that goes along Civil Engineering, e.g knowing how to use AUTOCAD and so on. Then you can also keep working on your songs. The rule is just keep trying and one day you will surely smile. I also pray that your mum's health will be restored to normal. You are not the only one in this. It is well.....

5 Likes

Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by kunletech: 11:21pm On Nov 03, 2012
Attend God fearing mega church, join choir group in the church, try to be stand out in choir so that u can be notice and try to be connected to 2 or more wealthy God fearing members of the church, after 5 months, tell them u need a job that they should help u. U will come back for testimony.
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by Mavrick2012: 11:21pm On Nov 03, 2012
cjotech: U studied civil engineering and u re complain'n of no job.
Can't u start ur own small construction coy since u said u ve being in constructn work ever since.
Or u don't ve passion for wot u read in d uni.
If u ve, turn the theoretical knowledge u gained from d uni and d practical knowledge u gained from construction work into a passion to build ur own coy!
Did I also heard u made 2.1!
see him mouth like "small constructn coy",na sand him go take start d "construct coy" abi na water?look at how evrybody is buzi encoragin d guy to b self employd witout any body sugestin hw to raise d take-off capital.except if u advice him to start by selin tomatos or mango(ie even @ a very smal scal).guy,just as som said,start frm a smal organisatn(even primary sch),frm there u can raise capital to start ur own or mov 2 a biga firm,shikena.allah ya temeke ka mitimina
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by man119: 11:26pm On Nov 03, 2012
semid4lyfe:

The song is by no means wack.

The beat is a fast up-tempo beat, the rhyming lyrics though generic ain't bad and the chorus is very catchy and very "sing-alongable".

I mean, this is the success formula of today's Naija urban street jamz. It kinda reminds me of Chuddy K's "gaga crazy" with it's repetitive sequence.

OP, this song has the potential to be a HIT. You've got something here. Push it as much as you can. . you know the works nah wink
thanks very very much my brother.don't just kno hw to tank u. Ur words my strength

1 Like

Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by shadrach77: 11:28pm On Nov 03, 2012
This is my advice
(1) pray! If you've been doing so pray harder and go for deliverance sessions
(2) consider starting up a business with some funds fom a bank loan
(3) Consider relocating to another country - Ghana, Dubai or South Africa might be options to consider
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by sunnshyn(f): 11:32pm On Nov 03, 2012
Hi OP,

Life isn't fair, is it?

As unfair as life is, you too can/shall make it...

Please PM me your email address...

Life!!

Imagine people telling a person in dire need to go for Masters, start up a small company, bla bla bla...with what?

Talk is cheap!
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by Godogwu: 11:35pm On Nov 03, 2012
man119: I graduated in 2006 with a second class upper and completed my youth service in 2007.

Knowing that I came from a poor background,I started preparing for aptitude tests and interviews during youth service, learning vital softwares within my financial capacity.

From 2007 till date,I have written so many tests and have being invited for several interviews,but at the end of the day, the" man know man" issue crops up (don't want 2 name firms) and those of us that are children of nobody get thrown into the gutters we came from.

The issue tearing me apart right now is my mother's health. After loosing my dad in the Liberian peace keeping mission (He was a soldier @ 342 field artillery brigade, owerri), she went through a lot of trauma and was diagnosed of a heart problem.

The little money I make from daily construction site struggles (instead of staying idle) is nothing close to what is needed for her surgery. Apart from looking for daily bread, I write stories and songs to take my mind away from all I'm going through.

Click the link below, scroll down to download to listen to one song I did

http://www.mp3upload.ca/music/view/83737

A friend that has always being there for me suggested that I air the song, that it might be the breakthrough.

Considering my situation, all the years gone, the humiliation, insults and above all, my mothers health, should I keep applying for jobs or go ahead with music?

Please I need your advice to be strong. I see every one here as my strength. Your advice means a lot to me right now.

Thanks for your time.

dude u graduated since 2006 and u graduated with a 2nd class upper and u dont have a job, see eh there 2 things involded in this is your post is either your trying to advertise your songs or your just f u c king lazy. and stop telling us about your mother so many people have mothers who are in worse conditions than your mom eh.

2 Likes

Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by gulfer: 11:39pm On Nov 03, 2012
@Op, hope you applied for the Dangote graduate drivers' scheme? You might be lucky with this one and will certainly be better than the menial jobs you currently use to get by.

2 Likes

Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by mkoabiola: 12:08am On Nov 04, 2012
9ijaprince: Guy you read civil engineering and you are still looking for a paid job? I will advice you to start your own construction firm with God,hardwork and dedication you will make it.
Is he is going to start with a firm with groundnut or paper
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by Cultured(m): 12:21am On Nov 04, 2012
Guy eschew self-pity , it will do you no good , and try to assume responsibility for your actions , because there lies the key to your breakthrough . I'm looking forward to see you on top of the ladder of success soonest .
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by playahP(m): 12:32am On Nov 04, 2012
innocent chuks: as
a civil Engineering it is a sin on ur side to lack, u have all it takes
to succeed in life just that u fell to look inward. believe u me if u
have try to use ur knowledge and idea as an Engineer to solve peoples
problem since u left school by now u would have been a very good
contractor. i know of people who are not half way ur qualification
standard and they are living big. the problem u have is u, u focus on
job hunting only instead of developing urself. for example as a civil
Engineer u suppose to know AutoCad and design if u had use this
information and design houses meet people and sell ur design to then for
the past six yrs by now u would have been building mansions for people.
stop blaming the society for ur failure, it is high time we graduates
should stop this common notion 'go to school, get good grade and look
for work' it is no longer working considering the society we are in. it
is time to be proactive. on ur music aspect if u have the gift exploit
it.

Are you a graduate Ur spelling is embarassing man!!
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by vislabraye(m): 12:35am On Nov 04, 2012
Its quite mysterious that you don't have a job with a 2 1.
Sometimes I envy those who studied engr. it seems all the jobs are reserved for them. And you came out with a second class upper. Something aint right.

There are people here who make money writing proposals. If you're such a person, could you give some tips. I'm also interested.
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by playahP(m): 12:58am On Nov 04, 2012
to push your music requires alot of money, time, and connection. music aint a one two thing.
you cant make serious money unless you go for shows and you cant go for shows unless youre everywhere (tv, radio and internet). thats music for you!

i havent heard d song, im on mobile but if youre really good then God be ur guide!!

im a bsc holder but i couldnt do shit with it, became a full time music producer (wanted to use it as a hobby) and it has been paying the bills..

you gotta be strong!

1 Like

Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by Urine: 1:05am On Nov 04, 2012
@OP,

Please don't give up, mark my word, YOU WILL STILL MAKE IT BIG. I was in same situation for four good years and it was hell but today my story is different. Pray to God and never give up,your story will change soon.
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by bigdoo: 1:08am On Nov 04, 2012
I have listened to your music and feel that it is quite good. Maybe you can consider giving music a chance. You never know, perhaps that could be where your destiny, talent or luck lie. Academic qualifications are not always meant for office work alone. They are meant to equip someone for survival in life. By applying your education to whatever you do in life, you will definitely distinguish yourself provided you are not too proud to do certain things because you are a graduate. Life is all about survival and your education provides you a very good platform to be competitive and to make informed decisions in most cases far more than people with less education. I hope and feel that your faith will lead you on. Good luck.
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by dnawah(m): 1:19am On Nov 04, 2012
Only God can help u o!submit urself totaly to him.and ask him for direction & purpose of ur life.
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by Nobody: 1:39am On Nov 04, 2012
@all you see the difference of a 2.1 graduate n a thirdclass graduate,... The 2.1 guy relaxes with a strong devilish hope that I have all and wat it takes to get a job and 4gettin dat even your so called 2.1 employers know d flop in d Nigerian educational system n also hw dey got their degree disciple too (am not generalizing); But the third class guy believes that I am wat it takes to get a job he goes creating a job for himself or furthering. If Nigeria can stop this whole s*hit of grade selection and test ppl for actual merit it will do a great deal because ur uncle or father or who ever will not persuade u morally n financially to acquire a 2.1 at all cost only to guarantee u a job.

I hope our first class and 2.1 should get the driving third class mentality to be wise rather than relax if they have to.
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by kpolli(m): 1:55am On Nov 04, 2012
As a fair Nigerian, keep applying for jobs. . . . You can also keep singing but never give up on ur job search. . . Nigerian music industry is like job search "man know man"
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by kolexy(m): 2:25am On Nov 04, 2012
yemmy_ma: I feel for you Op. Since i can't say how you fared with your interviews and tests, it is difficult to come to a conclusion on your job chances.

Have you tried other things like studying for a masters? maybe it will improve your chances in the labour market. Best of luck!

Are you going to fund his MSc?
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by chino137: 2:29am On Nov 04, 2012
my good friend with God all things are possible, but please make sure you are very prayerful and also go for some spiritual councelling because sometimes it could be a spiritual cause,but please i will recoend a casual business to you that will use to be sustaining that what i took up when my own case was like that, please you can call me on 07063033001, one thing we don't know is that there are lot of things we can do to survive without waiting for govt ant companies, God will surely grant your heart desires i wish yoy all the best.
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by bigx(m): 3:46am On Nov 04, 2012
Mavrick2012: see him mouth like "small constructn coy",na sand him go take start d "construct coy" abi na water?look at how evrybody is buzi encoragin d guy to b self employd witout any body sugestin hw to raise d take-off capital.except if u advice him to start by selin tomatos or mango(ie even @ a very smal scal).guy,just as som said,start frm a smal organisatn(even primary sch),frm there u can raise capital to start ur own or mov 2 a biga firm,shikena.allah ya temeke ka mitimina

10k is more than enough for him to register an enterprise (4500), print business cards and proposals and start sourcing for contracts. When you get a contract you are mobilised meaning u use OPM. I don't know what you people's obsession with start up capital is. A good brain at times is more than enough start up capital.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Three Vital Questions Employers Ask / Fan Milk Is Recriuting (sales Rep) / 5 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Accepting A Job Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.