Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him (13888 Views)

When There's No Job And You Are Ready To Accept Any Salary / Why You Don’t Have A Job Yet – And What To Do About It! / 100 Job Seekers March To Alausa In Protest Of No Job (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by greatgod2012(f): 3:55am On Nov 04, 2012
When there is life, there is hope.

1 Like

Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by onyekabe(m): 5:08am On Nov 04, 2012
The problem with my friend here, is how to get capital, bank can't give him loan to start and okada is on longer available, though some will say go and start your own business, if any body have an idea in to start your biz without money please state let us know cos i am in the same shoe him with
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by Nobody: 5:08am On Nov 04, 2012
shadrach77: This is my advice
[s](1) pray! If you've been doing so pray harder and go for deliverance sessions[/s]
(2) consider starting up a business with some funds fom a bank loan
(3) Consider relocating to another country - Ghana, Dubai or South Africa might be options to consider

1. Pray what? Stop this nonsense!
2. How does he secure a loan if he doesn't have a collateral.
3. Would you give him an airline ticket to fly to Ghana?

We have to be reasonable when we offer advise. The young says he barely makes a living with is wages from construction work...meaning he has no savings PEOPLE!
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by bigx(m): 5:19am On Nov 04, 2012
onyekabe: The problem with my friend here, is how to get capital, bank can't give him loan to start and okada is on longer available, though some will say go and start your own business, if any body have an idea in to start your biz without money please state let us know cos i am in the same shoe him with

You should stop focusing on capital and start focusing on solutions. If all you think of is capital you'd never start anything. How many successful business people take loans from banks today? Think of what you can start small and start thinking of solutions to bypass the capital issue, you don't need to pay money for everything,
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by bigx(m): 5:20am On Nov 04, 2012
Danka7777:

1. Pray what? Stop this nonsense!
2. How does he secure a loan if he doesn't have a collateral.
3. Would you give him an airline ticket to fly to Ghana?

We have to be reasonable when we offer advise. The young says he barely making a living with is wages from construction work...meaning he has no savings PEOPLE!

What would you advise him to do?
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by onatisi(m): 6:03am On Nov 04, 2012
rootedingrace: THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE ATTENDED SCHOOL DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE GUARANTEED A JOB AFTER-ALL WHAT WERE YOU EVEN TAUGHT WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW SIMPLE MATHS AND ENGLISH !!!!!

NIGERIANS FAIL TO REALIZE THE IMPORTANCE OF HAVING A SKILL.

LEARN HOW TO DESIGN A WEBSITE - YOU WILL MAKE TONS OF CASH COUNTRIES LIKE BENIN, TOGO, SENEGAL !

LEARN HOW TO SEW ( TAKES LESS THAN 6 MONTHS) ORDERS WILL NEARLY KILL YOU !

LEARN HOW TO REPAIR HOME APPLIANCES (MONEY WILL KILL YOU) DAILY MONEY. TV'S, SPLIT-UNIT, IRONS, ELECTRIC KETTLES.

STOP COMPLAINING AND DO SOMETHING AND SEE IF PAPA GOD WONT LIFT YOU UP.
out of all the posts here this is the only one that makes complete sense and one that really tackles the ops problems.

4 Likes

Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 04, 2012
Pls ADVISE him, not ADVICE him.

1 Like

Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by cjotech: 7:26am On Nov 04, 2012
bigx:

10k is more than enough for him to register an enterprise (4500), print business cards and proposals and start sourcing for contracts. When you get a contract you are mobilised meaning u use OPM. I don't know what you people's obsession with start up capital is. A good brain at times is more than enough start up capital.
Don't mind him. D guy is only busy appreciating those who says hood things about his music. But he forgot that music is capital intensive and man knows man.
Imagine a man with both practical and theoretical knowledge, and with some added skills in auto cad and he's telling me of no job. Infact am disappointed in u. As a fellow Engr, am also more disappointed in u. Engineers are meant to create jobs.
And from all ur responses, it seems u re more interested in music than engr work. Goodluck to u.

1 Like

Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by cjotech: 7:30am On Nov 04, 2012
SCAM SCAM SCAM.
Run for ur life!

bobot: Work at home on the
Internet. Free quick
courses shows you
how. We supply free
training to start your
business
There is no cost to
you. Start part time
and make money in
your spare time.
Record-breaking
growth has driven us
to the top of Internet
marketing
businesses. You can
build a profitable
home-based
business working
part-time from your
home computer!
Training, support,
Websites, and
products all
provided!
Do you want to work
for 40 years or more
to make $40,000 a
year or less just so
you can retire on
40% of what wasn't
enough in the first
place?
Imagine owning a
profitable home
business that you
could start today
WITHOUT:
- Technical know-
how,
- Large capital
investment or
overhead,
- Jeopardizing your
current career,
- Any of the
headaches of
owning a traditional
business.
What if all the tools
and techniques were
provided for you
instantly with simple-
to-follo w, step-by-
step
instructions? What if
I told you it was FREE
to join with NO
obligation
whatsoever!
Interested?
Text your name and location to 08076991926 it free

1 Like

Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by oc2fish: 7:59am On Nov 04, 2012
I am suprise at this your post becos the last time i check civil and building enginering were the most advertised job in the papers and belive me it is your experience that count becos nobody want to build a house that will not withstand time. Stop this crave for super star develop your self. In my school civil engineering student 200 level and above live large by drawing plans and suppervising projects. In Nigeria people like you shold not be talking of joblessness my take is that you prefer the office job and you want to become a star like your kinsmen.

4 Likes

Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by oolumide: 8:09am On Nov 04, 2012
My brother I feel ur pain. This is quite painful. But six years is such a long time to wait for a job that is not forthcoming. May be u should consider learning some skills that can help u launch out on your own. Besides, getting a job is not always about passing aptitude test and university grade. Interviewers look beyond that. From what I read from u seem to have a good grasp on english writing. Why not check out any of the following may be it could be any.
1.your oral communication skills
2. Grooming
3. Your attitude, are u cocky or unnecessarily timid
4. I am bothered about the fact that as a graduate the only job u could think of is site construction work except if u are a civil engineer by schooling and u think it will enhance your skill, if not u have no business there. Look for other things u could do that will give small money but u can pick up other useful skills. Also note that people u mix with at such places could also affect ur outlook towards life.
5. Please it is not every time that man know man plays out at interviews.
6. Lastly pray my brother, nothing is beyond God.

Regards
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by Africankel(m): 8:13am On Nov 04, 2012
@ Post
Several things for you to consider;
1. Make a decision of what EXACTLY you want to become (Musician, Writer, engineer, etc)
2. Improve in yourself (If you have a Bsc, consider doing a Masters or PGD)
3. Let ur gaze be on God (Dont expect help from any man or company, never be anxious)
4. Have you thought of working for other companies other than construction firms?

Look criticaly at these things... You will know what step to take next...
kelmaxart@yahoo.com
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by rusher14: 8:29am On Nov 04, 2012
olaayodele: Sincerely speaking,its not a normal condition.You need to be prayerful and for you to break this trend you must live a righteous life.pray that God should help you to restore all your virtues lost to the emptiers .secondly, when next you are invited for an interview,dont mention it to anyone,however close you are to the person, you should mention it to God in your closet.unfortunately,you may not consent to my points,it is the strategy of virtue emptiers to harden ones mind not to consent to what will yield a result.
I really do not agree with your contribution. Not having a job in a 3rd world country is not a spiritual matter. By probability it is expected that a few brilliant ones would not be employed.
This should however not discourage the OP. There are many ways to tackle (un)employment and many contributors have given some of them. I do however have a bit of problem with the notion that jobs are gotten on a man know man basis. A few might be. Yet If I'm to be honest I have cousins, siblings, friends and yours sincerely who have all been unemployed at one point in our lives some greater than 6 years but have gone on to be employed without having anyone write a note or make a phone call on our behalf (NL warriors sheath your swords I speak the truth).
Is it possible that your preparation for some of these vacant positions are a bit short?
From your write-up I wouldn't say your grammar is bad, yet I'd like to ask if you are well rounded (know stuff outside your expected sphere of knowledge)? Are you hungry for information? Truth is some Nigerian graduates know their respective disciplines and that's about all they know but most aptitude tests and interviews are designed to reveal the inner you.
Being righteous is a good thing but it is no guarantee for anything afterall this is 9ja.
The idea of not telling anyone about a job prospect I think is silly and based on superstition. If you believe you are a victor then nothing can bring you down. Fear is the mother of all failures.

2 Likes

Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by otokx(m): 8:29am On Nov 04, 2012
many things are not adding up in this story
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by ubong560(m): 8:30am On Nov 04, 2012
In life, evry1 is nt meant 2 do d same thing. U av a talent and why dont u mak use of wat God has put in u? Won't u b happy if 2moro u bcom, p.square, timaya, 2 face, d banj and d likes. Y hunting 4 jobs wen u can b a boss of ur own? Use ur head bro. Ur talent is ur destination. Think abt dat!
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by sirugos(m): 8:45am On Nov 04, 2012
9ijaprince: Guy you read civil engineering and you are still looking for a paid job? I will advice you to start your own construction firm with God,hardwork and dedication you will make it.
i can see dat u re reasoning wit ur anus. Will he go and steal to start his own firm?
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by maasoap(m): 8:46am On Nov 04, 2012
bigx:

10k is more than enough for him to register an enterprise (4500), print business cards and proposals and start sourcing for contracts. When you get a contract you are mobilised meaning u use OPM. I don't know what you people's obsession with start up capital is. A good brain at times is more than enough start up capital.
I didn't know that contracts have become what you can easily pick up on the streets just like used recharge cards until you told me. Ordinary people, and without money to bribe people don't get contracts in Naija. Of course, you know.

1 Like

Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by bigx(m): 8:50am On Nov 04, 2012
maasoap: I didn't know that contracts have become what you can easily pick up on the streets just like used recharge cards until you told me. Ordinary people, and without money to bribe people don't get contracts in Naija. Of course, you know.

Have you ever tried before? Or your just saying what you've heard? & bribes are not always paid before...
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by newmaonza: 9:04am On Nov 04, 2012
bigx:

You are disillusioned by the Power of positive thinking..... WAKE UP to the REAL WORLD

1 Like

Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by victorD3: 9:18am On Nov 04, 2012
You studied civil engineering and still in a search for a job? Well I do't know what to say. I studied civil too and now keep 2 jobs, one is a government civil service and the other a private construction firm. Not that am from a rich background but because I love what I studied and understand how hot the profession is now. Step up your game and relocate to a more busy and infrastructural tasty city.
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by bigx(m): 9:31am On Nov 04, 2012
new maonza:

You are disillusioned by the Power of positive thinking..... WAKE UP to the REAL WORLD

I am not disillusioned by it Young Man, I've been living in it for years now! If your goals/ expectations are learning to be an Auto-Mechanic that's the realm you would live in, Wake up to the REAL WORLD! Good things are happening to ordinary people all around you. I started my own business with much less than what I mentioned in that post and I know what level it has grown to now.

1 Like

Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by toyinkin(m): 9:34am On Nov 04, 2012
Don't lose hope broda God is watching u,and he knows what is best for you.and don't forget to also pray for God favour.
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by newmaonza: 9:41am On Nov 04, 2012
bigx:

I am not disillusioned by it Young Man, I've been living in it for years now! If your goals/ expectations are learning to be an Auto-Mechanic that's the realm you would live in, Wake up to the REAL WORLD! Good things are happening to ordinary people all around you. I started my own business with much less than what I mentioned in that post and I know what level it has grown to now.

Yeah Yeah,,,, I'm Feeling Bad Now embarassed
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by vascey(m): 9:43am On Nov 04, 2012
Rukemi291: I really feel for u, bro.

If u have been applying to only the big companies, pls try some small firms. It's not bad if you start small.
Hav u tried applying to a school as a teacher-instead of the construction job?
God will see you through

Very important. I met an engineering graduate who had been teaching for eight years but recently got a technical job with a top multinational conglomerate.
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by mekaboy(m): 9:56am On Nov 04, 2012
man119: I graduated in 2006 with a second class upper and completed my youth service in 2007.

Knowing that I came from a poor background,I started preparing for aptitude tests and interviews during youth service, learning vital softwares within my financial capacity.

From 2007 till date,I have written so many tests and have being invited for several interviews,but at the end of the day, the" man know man" issue crops up (don't want 2 name firms) and those of us that are children of nobody get thrown into the gutters we came from.

The issue tearing me apart right now is my mother's health. After loosing my dad in the Liberian peace keeping mission (He was a soldier @ 342 field artillery brigade, owerri), she went through a lot of trauma and was diagnosed of a heart problem.

The little money I make from daily construction site struggles (instead of staying idle) is nothing close to what is needed for her surgery. Apart from looking for daily bread, I write stories and songs to take my mind away from all I'm going through.

Click the link below, scroll down to download to listen to one song I did

http://www.mp3upload.ca/music/view/83737

A friend that has always being there for me suggested that I air the song, that it might be the breakthrough.

Considering my situation, all the years gone, the humiliation, insults and above all, my mothers health, should I keep applying for jobs or go ahead with music?

Please I need your advice to be strong. I see every one here as my strength. Your advice means a lot to me right now.

Thanks for your time.
HMM BROSS I AM SUPRISED THAT AFTER ALL YOU HAVE.BEEN THROUGH YOU STILL WANT TO KNOW IF YOU SHOULD KEEP LOOKING FOR A JOB.

COME ON.MAN, BY NOW YOU SHOULD.BE DOING WHAT EVER IS LEGALY POSSIBLE TO CHANGE YOUR FINANCIAL STATUS.

BE IT MUSIC,ACTING, TRADING ETC. AND.MOSY IMPORTANTLY SOMETHING.YOUR PASSIONATE ABOUT.

HARDSHIP BRING OUT CREATIVITY, AND YOUR CREATIVITY CAN TAKE YOU PLACES U NEVER IMAGINED. IT CAN PAY YOU MORE THAN ANY EMPLOYER.

U COULD BE THE.NEXT 2FACE, PSQUARE ETAL.
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by bigx(m): 10:08am On Nov 04, 2012
new maonza:

Yeah Yeah,,,, I'm Feeling Bad Now embarassed

Im sorry
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by maasoap(m): 10:24am On Nov 04, 2012
cjotech:
Don't mind him. D guy is only busy appreciating those who says hood things about his music. But he forgot that music is capital intensive and man knows man.
Imagine a man with both practical and theoretical knowledge, and with some added skills in auto cad and he's telling me of no job. Infact am disappointed in u. As a fellow Engr, am also more disappointed in u. Engineers are meant to create jobs.
And from all ur responses, it seems u re more interested in music than engr work. Goodluck to u.
I'm even more ashamed of you than you're disappointed in him. Coming down hard on him like this even suggests that you're more of bea$t than human. Civil engineers like you provide jobs for people yet you couldn't lend a helping hand to this one. This post of yours must be how you provide jobs for people. People who are nothing in real life are hidding behind computers calling themselves job providers.
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by gulfer: 10:29am On Nov 04, 2012
Let me take you back a little, what school did you graduate from and where did you serve? I am asking because there us somethng they call networking and if you had such good grade and have remained unemployed for 6years, then I seriously doubt the bit about not getting any worthwhile job.
Re: Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him by maasoap(m): 10:54am On Nov 04, 2012
bigx:

Just because we don't know you, any lie is welcome. What is your business, how did you start, how much was your start up capital? Abi your business is a secret one?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fan Milk Is Recriuting (sales Rep) / EFCC Recruitment 2016 / Three Vital Questions Employers Ask

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.