Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,932 members, 7,828,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) (109705 Views)

Real Madrid's Champions League Exit Is A Blessing To Us (R.Madrid Fans Only) / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Strictly Ac Milan Fans Only ( Tu Sei Tutta La Mia Vita = You Sit All My Life ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by dayokanu(m): 9:56am On Aug 21, 2009
Last year barca lost their first game to Numancia.

Bayern has played 2 top sides Bremen and Hoffenheim and we did not lose we actually dominated both games and that shows we are going to be competitive.

Wolfsburg would have to worry about CL this season so they would lose steam
BTW we have 2 points from 6.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Krayola2(m): 10:01am On Aug 21, 2009
Ronaldinho getting standing ovation from Bernabeu faithful after raping the real Madrid defense 2ce. When Madridistas applaud barca, u know something has gone horribly wrong grin grin grin

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IeRLhKPV1g&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Krayola2(m): 10:05am On Aug 21, 2009
dayokanu:

Last year barca lost their first game to Numancia.

Barca shattared all sorts of records last season. Don't u ever compare us to this Bayern team . . EVER!!!

dayokanu:

BTW we have 2 points from 6.

Congratulations. . .Clap for urself.! grin grin
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by galatico(m): 11:56am On Aug 21, 2009
I still insist Real would beat Barcelona to the titles available this season!!!
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by eyonigger(m): 12:39pm On Aug 21, 2009
galatico:

No team is untouchable, I can understand that the 6-2 trashing it still heart-aching until now, and our treble also. Sorry to say, u guys wont give us a pay back soon, not until like 4 seasons to come.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by galatico(m): 1:23pm On Aug 21, 2009
I know that the major problem the Galaticos would face would be blending, when they do they'll destroy Barcelona I can't wait for that and with the way the boyz are playing I know in no time the blending process will be complete and will see who is better, can wait for the first ElClassico @ Camp Nou, Novemeber 29th 2009!!!
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by segunpc(m): 2:01pm On Aug 21, 2009
applauding ronie shows our spirit of sportmanship!

after this, the second leg ended in a 1-1 [/b]draw with real playing with a man down!

the following season we humbled barca [b]2-0 [/b]in the first leg and played a [b]3-3 [/b]draw in the return leg plus we claimed the league.

the third season we slapped barca [b]1-0
in the first leg and then mauled barca [b]4-1 [/b]in the second leg. plus we won the la liga.

with all these we no make noise because it's normal. is it until we acquire barcelona?

now wey them win 2-0 and 6-2 we no gree hear word again.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by chic2pimp(m): 2:43pm On Aug 21, 2009
Kai I can tell the season will soon start with all the hyperactive behaviours on this thread. Anywayz sha keep it up as it looks far more interesting than wot I see on the epl forums. The most skilful and entertaining league in the world would soon start. No more watching teams pack the bus when they play against the big boyz away from home.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by dayokanu(m): 3:53pm On Aug 21, 2009

I still believe Osama bin Laden would be President of America
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by galatico(m): 6:14pm On Aug 21, 2009
No mind all those Yeye Barca fans because they beat Real Madrid 2-6 we no go hear word again, The time wey we beat them them no talk now wey dem beat Real we no go hear word that one na history now, this season lets see who'll win the ElClassico come November 29 @ Camp Nou!!!
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by eyonigger(m): 2:51pm On Aug 22, 2009
But our own trashing was classic, apart from the 6 goals, it was a classic and entertaining mauling, Iniesta and Xavi ruled the game. So why we no go get mouth?
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by segunpc(m): 8:32am On Aug 24, 2009
But our own trashing was classic, apart from the 6 goals, it was a classic and entertaining mauling, Iniesta and Xavi ruled the game. So why we no go get mouth?

like real mauling barca 11-1 wasn't thrilling.

and don' t say it's history because they re all in the past(plus barca beating us 2-6)
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by eyonigger(m): 2:00pm On Aug 24, 2009
segunpc:

like real mauling barca 11-1 wasn't thrilling.

and don' t say it's history because they re all in the past(plus barca beating us 2-6)

Segun, be sincere, even if i were to be a madrid fan I would be jealous, wetin Barca do them last season was an embarrassing mauling,notwithstanding, we ended up being the first spanish side to ever win the treble. So i go jealous tire, its a natural thing. So make u no vex u hear?
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by galatico(m): 2:55pm On Aug 24, 2009
dayokanu (m)
I still believe Osama bin Laden would be President of America

Osama Bin Laden would never be the President of America and I promise you that This Real Madrid Team would win Three Trophies this season!!!
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Krayola2(m): 4:01pm On Aug 24, 2009
galatico:

Osama Bin Laden would never be the President of America and I promise you that This Real Madrid Team would win Three Trophies this season!!!

over my dead body
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by biina: 4:50pm On Aug 24, 2009
Bernabeu Trophy: Real Madrid F.C. v Rosenborg BK
Date: 24 August 2009
Time: 22:00 CET

Squad List:
GKs: Casillas, Dudek
D:  Pepe, Marcelo, Albiol, Garay, Arbeloa, Drenthe
M: Xabi Alonso, Lass, Kaká, Robben, Granero, Gago, Guti,  Diarra
F:  Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema, Higuaín, Raúl, Van Nistelrooy

Injured: Metzelder, Ramos
Not Called: Sneijder, Van der Vaart
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Krayola2(m): 9:23pm On Aug 24, 2009
Benzema just scored. Rosenberg's defense was non existent on that goal. Good play though,it just looked too easy

1-0 Madrid
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Krayola2(m): 9:38pm On Aug 24, 2009
3-0 in like half anhour.Lass and Benzema score.

This is a joke.  U guys look good though. Pellegrini is up to sumn

Lassanna Diarra goin to go on to become one of the best DM to play the game.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Krayola2(m): 10:21pm On Aug 24, 2009
Damn!! Raul header. 4-0.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by biina: 2:04am On Aug 25, 2009
Real Madrid F.C. 4 - 0 Rosenborg BK
[flash=480,385]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/oSwh_NFaoiY[/flash]
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by biina: 2:05am On Aug 25, 2009
Krayola2:

3-0 in like half anhour.Lass and Benzema score.

This is a joke.  U guys look good though. Pellegrini is up to sumn

Lassanna Diarra goin to go on to become one of the best DM to play the game.
I think he is too soft for his own good.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Krayola2(m): 2:23am On Aug 25, 2009
do u mean soft as in not dirty?
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by MrCrackles(m): 2:30am On Aug 25, 2009
Rosenborg got grilled on a flaming hot grill man! shocked grin
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by biina: 2:54am On Aug 25, 2009
Krayola2:

do u mean soft as in not dirty?
soft as in tackling. I believe a world class defender/ DM should be able to put the fear of God into the opposition. It doesn't speak well of a DM, if every thin legged fellow who thinks he can dribble tries to have a go at you.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Krayola2(m): 3:04am On Aug 25, 2009
I think as long as he has someone alongside him he'll be fine. His positioning today way 1st class. He intercepted so many passes just from standing on the right spot. . he's great on the ball, excellent short and long range passes. very high work rate. Put him next to Mahmoudou Diarra and only the best of teams will have a chance. He just can't be lone DM in a 4-3-3 like Barcas. When I first saw him play for Madrid I was wondering what the hell Wenger and Mourinho were thinking to let him leave their clubs.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by biina: 3:20am On Aug 25, 2009
He is definitely a quality player, and I doubt either Jose or Wenger wanted to sell him. His history suggests that he doesnt respond well to being on the bench.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by eyonigger(m): 6:29am On Aug 25, 2009
biina:

He is definitely a quality player, and I doubt either Jose or Wenger wanted to sell him. His history suggests that he doesnt respond well to being on the bench.

WORD!!! Binna when are u guys playing ur first liga match?
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by biina: 6:53am On Aug 25, 2009
Real Madrid's first game is at home against Deportivo on Saturday 29/08.
Barca's first game will be on Monday 31/08 because of playing the super cup against Shakhtar Donetsk on Friday
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by eyonigger(m): 9:45am On Aug 25, 2009
biina:

Real Madrid's first game is at home against Deportivo on Saturday 29/08.
Barca's first game will be on Monday 31/08 because of playing the super cup against Shakhtar Donetsk on Friday

Yea I know of ours. Deportivo could be a pain in the neck, lets just see the way things go.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by galatico(m): 1:21pm On Aug 25, 2009
Real Madrid showed class against Rosenborg, and it was really nice to watch Benzema score a brace, Raul scoring, if the team continues like thi will win the treble, even Pellegrini said he dream't of winning the champions league at the Bernebeu, Remember Dreams come true and this dream would definatly come through cuz we the Madrista are working towards achieving this Treble Dream!!!
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by eyonigger(m): 3:00pm On Aug 25, 2009
galatico:

Real Madrid showed class against Rosenborg, and it was really nice to watch Benzema score a brace, Raul scoring, if the team continues like thi will win the treble, even Pellegrini said he dream't of winning the champions league at the Bernebeu, Remember Dreams come true and this dream would definatly come through cuz we the Barca[i] are working towards achieving this Treble Dream!!![/i]

Yes of course, the Barca treble team, I can see you guys working towards achieving a treble team like ours in the next couple of years. VERY VERY POSSIBLE. grin
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by galatico(m): 9:24am On Aug 26, 2009
Real Madrid: Season 2009-10 Preview
The Galacticos are back! Love them or hate them, there’s simply no way to avoid their presence as the eyes of the world will be set on the latest batch of superstars from the Spanish capital.

Real Madrid
Real Madrid spent the entirety of the 2008-09 season in Barcelona’s shadow. Not only did Los Merengues have to endure a shambolic mess in the boardroom, they had to put up with the unprecedented treble success of eternal enemies Barcelona.

But ironically, it is the glorious Catalan triumph that has spurred the ‘White House’ to undergo an unparalleled revolution as they look to ensure that they will never have to suffer such ignominy ever again. And the place to start was, of course, the shopping window.

Summer Market

President Florentino Perez transformed football transfers when he took control of Madrid for the first time back in 2000, and now, nine years later, he has completely changed the face of market once again, although most will argue that it has had a negative effect on the world game.

Never has a club been so audacious, ambitious and extravagant in rebuilding a squad in one single summer. And never has a club spent over €250 million in a space of just two months, an average of €30 million a week. Fans and readers need no reminder how much Senor Perez splashed out to acquire Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo. But for Madridistas, how much was spent is irrelevant. It’s the fact that the construction tycoon delivered what he had promised… and then some.

However, the market is not all about buying, and unlike most other clubs, it is selling off their players that has been the major issue this summer. Fringe players such as Javi Garcia, Javier Saviola, Alvaro Negredo and Klaas-Jan Huntelaar have already left, as have veterans Michel Salgado, Fabio Cannavaro and Gabriel Heinze, but the club are still scrambling desperately to off-load either Rafael van der Vaart or Wesley Sneijder to boost their transfer income closer to the €60m mark.

Fantastic Four | Madrid's galactic signings

Squad

Madrid will not have any problems with squad depth. In fact, they have too much of it.

Competition for places will be fierce, but that will elevate the standard and the quality. Bar a select few, almost everyone will have to prove themselves to the new coach and directors. But one man who shouldn’t have any problems is Iker Casillas.

The goalkeeping 'Saint' will be helped by fellow Spanish internationals, Sergio Ramos and Raul Albiol in front of him, while the Portuguese-speaking duo of Pepe and Marcelo should complete the back line, leaving new signing Alvaro Arbeloa to act as cover on either flank when necessary.

From midfield onwards is where the headaches begin. Lassana Diarra and Xabi Alonso are almost certain to be permanent fixtures at the centre of the park, as the double pivot is a necessity. The two most expensive players in the world, Cristiano Ronaldo and Kaka, will be entrusted with the task of bringing the sexy back into Madrid’s football, and expect them to roam all over the pitch, switching and swapping positions. This means that the likes of Arjen Robben, Fernando Gago, Wesley Sneijder (if he stays), Guti and Esteban Granero will have to scrap for playing time.

In attack, the emblematic Raul, impressive for most of the pre-season, could be dropped from a regular starting berth, although the captain has always risen to the challenge to prove his worth. If omitted for tactical reasons, Karim Benzema will be the favourite to spearhead the front line, but the likes of Gonzalo Higuain and Ruud van Nistelrooy will be ready to pounce should the Frenchman take too long to find his stride.

Star Man

Pick your poison: Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema, Xabi Alonso, as well as the established figures like Raul, ‘Pipita’ and Iker Casillas.

In a squad full of galactic superstars, it’s hard to pin-point one particular name who will likely emerge as the hero, but if there’s one man that the team will rely on heavily, it is Kaka. The Brazilian will be expected to pull the strings in midfield and lead the attacking charge with the same kind of panache that Zinedine Zidane exhibited. Not only that, ‘Ricky’ will be required to contribute occasionally on the scoresheet. Anyone fancy him netting an out-of-this-world volley in this season’s Champions League final?

Delicious | Will Kaka leave fans licking their lips?

One To Watch

If Kaka is the star player, then Cristiano Ronaldo is certainly the one to watch, for good or for bad. Fans, media, his peers and especially his detractors will cast their full attention on ‘CR9’ from the opening whistle in the very first league match of the term. The fact that he has, by his own admission, performed poorly in the pre-season will make the spotlight on him shine even hotter, and you just have the feeling that €94 million worth of knives will be out if he fails to find his gears soon.

Star Gazing | The eyes of the world will be on CR9

Coach

Some would say that Manuel Pellegrini has just walked into a dream job after being offered with a fantasy football squad gift-wrapped with a ribbon. Others, however, would say that he will have the biggest headache a football coach has ever had to endure as he tries to assimilate his ideas and philosophies with a squadron of new players and superegos. And don’t forget the overwhelming pressure.

Like most of the megastars, the first few league games will be critical for ‘El Ingeniero’. The Madrid bosses are never shy of sacking their coaches, and Pellegrini will not be given a second chance if he fails to produce results on the scoreboard and champagne on the field.

The Engineer | The mastermind to Madrid's revival?

Objective

The ‘Casa Blanca’ have already advised their ultra-demanding fans not to heighten expectations too greatly so as to allow the team to settle, but in truth the directors will be targeting, at the very least, success in the Champions League, where the final will be played in their own backyard.

In a way, 2010 will be like 2002, their centenary year, when they were expected to march to the treble. They failed then, but this is a chance to make amends.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (102)

Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 / Real Madrid Vs Manchester City UCL (3 - 1) On 4th May 2022 / Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.