Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,818,997 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) (109418 Views)

Real Madrid's Champions League Exit Is A Blessing To Us (R.Madrid Fans Only) / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Strictly Ac Milan Fans Only ( Tu Sei Tutta La Mia Vita = You Sit All My Life ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by holydante(m): 9:04am On Apr 28, 2011
mama-gee:

^^That wasn't even worthy of a red card at all. . .

The referee is crazy!
and finally you have proved the shrink's doctors observation about your personality, you are hereby officially certified as the most delusional NLer and should be locked up with Ghaddaffi in the same bunker for 90 days and after that, you will be perpetually remanded in the Romance section never to be seen in the sports section again.
*bangs his gavel on the table*
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by RuuDie(m): 9:36am On Apr 28, 2011
mama-gee:

^^That wasn't even worthy of a red card at all. . .

The referee is crazy!

Yeah, i agree. . . . grin tongue
it was only worth a YELLOW & he'd still be SENT OFF!

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by RuuDie(m): 9:40am On Apr 28, 2011
Can someone please slam Chris Breezy's "Look At Me Now" ~ a special dedication from the majestic magical mystical midget maestro messi to mama-gee who claimed she can't/couldn't/wouldn't/fidin't/tod'int see anything in the Best Player on the Face of Planet Earth!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 10:08am On Apr 28, 2011
within the last few days
I observed a great sense of fear from the ranks of Barcelona supporters here
most talked so much about trying to get a draw, and only a tiny handful had envisaged they could actually win.
now they won 2-0
the song has suddenly changed

Sadly I couldn't see the match, but feelers I get point to the fact that the red card's were undeserved, and sadly my barcelona colleagues here even the most respected ones amongst them refuse to acknowledge it. and that says alot about their perceived courageousness.

But just as my very good friend Pharoh said ''its not over yet'' and I believe so.

and just as they were drooling about before the return leg of the league classico about giving us another ''manita'', they've started yanking about again like poisoned ivy's without a remedy.

its just amazing how a single man can so much put fear on a whole myriad of barcelona fan/player/COACH/mgt.

Mourinho is indeed a great person, and even in defeat he will forever remain ''the special one''
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by RuuDie(m): 10:31am On Apr 28, 2011
@ usbcable,

thats where you miss the point. . . .if Barca fans feared, they feared because of the squad they presenting for the game. No Abidal, Iniesta, Maxwell, Adriano - Mascherano played CB, Puyol played LB and the bench Afellay, Bojan, Sergi Roberto (honestly speaking, does any of those names strike fear in your heart!?); hardly the way we know Barca to line-out in such a big match!
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by holydante(m): 10:37am On Apr 28, 2011
usbcable:

within the last few days
I observed a great sense of fear from the ranks of Barcelona supporters here
most talked so much about trying to get a draw, and only a tiny handful had envisaged they could actually win.
now they won 2-0
the song has suddenly changed

Sadly I couldn't see the match, but feelers I get point to the fact that the red card's were undeserved, and sadly my barcelona colleagues here even the most respected ones amongst them refuse to acknowledge it. and that says alot about their perceived courageousness.

But just as my very good friend Pharoh said ''its not over yet'' and I believe so.

and just as they were drooling about before the return leg of the league classico about giving us another ''manita'', they've started yanking about again like poisoned ivy's without a remedy.

its just amazing how a single man can so much put fear on a whole myriad of barcelona fan/player/COACH/mgt.

Mourinho is indeed a great person, and even in defeat he will forever remain ''the special one''
Okwu nkasiobi indeed.

Surely, there were concerns and worries considering the fact that we had a make shift back line added to Iniesta's late minute injury scare. You fail to recognize that JM's ill advised rants against Pep played a part in firing up the players, it baffles me you said you didn't watch the match and yet you sufficiently concluded on the feelers you got about the appropriateness of the dished out cards. Pls i advocate that you should watch the match.

After the 5-0 thrashing, it dawned on Mou that he cant play Barca  fairly and all square and he resorted to the shameful acts of Pepe and his 3 DMFs, you may need to see CR7's frustration at his teams defensive attitude when he was left alone in the Barca triangle. I agree that there were also theatrics from Barca players especially Busquests but if your team had kept their feet on the ground, you wouldn't have seen such retaliation.

Your opinion that MOU put fear in Barca is laughable, below is an excerpts from Ian Chadband's UK's telegraph Chief Sports Correspondent, they are not part of UEFA and surely not in the payroll of Barca, its quite a long one but it makes for an objective reading,

''The only problem was that in this quite wretched third chapter of football’s most hyped tetralogy it was obvious once again that Mourinho is still only truly the boss of cynicism, the master of stifling and strangulation, the prince of risk aversion.

Off you go: Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho is sent off to the stands by the fourth official at the Santiago Bernebeu
Yes, it had to be all about him, him, him again. He will moan to the high heavens about Real being reduced to 10 men once again and he will somehow doubtless try to take the moral high ground over his own sending off for his sarcastic applause when Pepe was dismissed.
Of course, as ever, he even milked his own shame as he wandered haughtily away from the technical area.
Yet does the man ever ask himself why so many games involving his sides degenerate in this way? Real regularly end with 10 men against Barça because Mourinho knows the only way to beat them is to smack them out of their princely stride.
Does he care? Of course not. And so we should have no sympathy with him when Barcelona, the team trying to play all the football out there and worthy winners through Leo Messi’s genius, seek to finish the job next week.

Thanks to Mourinho, instead of the beautiful game we might have witnessed in our fond dreams, we had another Mou team, packed with juicy talent, set up to scrap, harry and force Barcelona into a street fight.
So we had Lassana Diarra snapping at Messi and knocking him over like a prizefighting trophy. So we had Pedro feigning serious injury under an innocuous but typically niggly Alvaro Arbeloa challenge – yes, of course, Barca were not angels either with all the diving and absurd theatrics.
And so we had an almighty melee at half-time with stewards and players all involved, the sort of fracas, which even though Barca’s substitute keeper Pinto ended up being the one sent off for slapping Arbeloa, had Mourinho’s aggravating fingerprints all over it.
Make no mistake. Only one man was responsible for setting the agenda for a poisonous Clasico with his unworthy wind ups of Guardiola the previous day. The game was just as ugly as the prelude with most of the attractive, ambitious fare being conjured by Barça, making the neutral yearn for Guardiola to have his day.
You sensed even Cristiano Ronaldo, Real’s most positive influence, was as frustrated as hell with the approach, at one point barking petulantly as team-mates who weren’t supporting him.
For long periods, you could only feel the real ‘puto amo’ out there was little Xavi Hernandez, being his usual dazzling puppeteer self.
The sweetest moment of the evening was when he and Messi bewitched Real’s defence, requiring Casillas to make a dazzling save from Xavi’s strike.
But football deserved something so much better than this. After the verbal punch-up between Pep and Jose – or the exploding quiet man versus the Alberto Einstein of the press conference room – we should have been focusing on a more authentic, appetising sporting duel between the two best footballers on the planet, not a nah-na-na-na-na playground spat between two supposed grown ups who just can’t help themselves.
Even Spain’s World Cup-winning coach, the former Real boss Vicente del Bosque had been left wondering aloud whether the atmosphere surrounding the matches was now becoming so poisonous that it might “seep into the international team dressing room.”
Yet for once, Mourinho’s outrageous pre-match approach backfired. After the news of Guardiola’s outburst had been relayed to his players, they apparently gave him a spontaneous round of applause when he returned to the team hotel.
So, perhaps the timing of the riposte actually was a deliberate ploy to charge up his charges, who had seemed fatigued and well below their peerless best of late.
Last night, they were the “------- bosses” and if there is any justice, Messi’s 51st and 52nd goals of the season will set up a Manchester United-Barcelona final at Wembley. Mr Mourinho, on this evidence again, we can do without.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 10:57am On Apr 28, 2011
Live by the sword, die by the sword – Jose Mourinho has always been the master of mind games, but this time he was beaten at his own game
The Barcelona coach gave the Portuguese a taste of his own medicine last night as he won the psychological battle of wits and helped inspire his side to victory over Real Madrid

By Ben Hayward
Apr 28, 2011 9:45:00 AM

Jose Mourinho is the master of mind games. The Portuguese knows exactly how to rile the opposition ahead of big matches, while deflecting the pressure off his own players and placing the performance of the referee under the spotlight. Indeed, when it comes to off-the-pitch psychology he is, as Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola said in more colourful language on Tuesday, the man. The boss. But this time he may have met his match.

Guardiola’s press conference rant ahead of last night’s Champions League semi-final first-leg polarised opinion. Many saw it as a sign of weakness, an act of desperation and a bitter riposte to the constant provocations from Mourinho. To the naked eye – or the naked ear – it may have seemed like he had snapped with an ill-timed outburst, but Guardiola is far too clever for that.

Having lost the final of the Copa del Rey to Mourinho’s Madrid last week and failed to win the sides' Clasico meeting in the league four days earlier, the Barcelona coach knew a different approach was necessary. His side had been bullied on and off the pitch and an example needed to be set.

With his players under pressure following two performances way below their brilliant best, Guardiola decided to engage in some of Mourinho’s very own off-field tactics. He hit back at the Portuguese, [who hours before had claimed Guardiola was one of a new breed of coaches who criticised correct refereeing decisions], defended his players and challenged Mourinho: “Tomorrow we’ll see you on the pitch at 8:45.”

The rant had everyone talking. Had Guardiola lost it? Did he finally snap, now of all times, just a day before his side’s Champions League semi-final? Or was this a carefully planned, premeditated response? The press had a field day relaying the war of words between the two coaches, while television stations must have been rubbing their hands with glee, too. This was like the build-up to a big fight, the perfect preview to an already much-hyped match.

“He may not have wanted to get involved in the mind games, but he was left with no other option. Unable to beat Jose, he joined him.”
MOU MEETS HIS MATCH

Guardiola will have cared little about all of that, but his rant served its purpose. By hitting out at Mourinho, he had deflected the attention away from his under-performing players – a technique long-utilised by the Portuguese and inspired by Inter’s 1964 and 1965 European Cup-winning coach Helenio Herrera, who also had two spells at Barca.

Talk of David Villa’s poor form, Pedro’s goal drought and the club’s defensive crisis was replaced by analysis and scrutiny of Guardiola’s words. Even Andres Iniesta’s absence through injury, revealed by the Barca coach himself in Tuesday’s press conference, appeared to pale into insignificance. Gone was the usual diplomacy and politeness; this time Guardiola was playing the press – Mourinho style.

That took the heat off his players and also sent out a clear message that his side would not be bullied. And for that message to resonate all the way through the club and down to the players, it had to come from the top.

It also brought unity to the camp: after the press conference, the Barca coach returned to the team hotel and was greeted with a rousing reception from his players and staff, who all rose to applaud their leader. Such togetherness is invaluable in these games and the former Barca captain will know that only too well, having led out his side in many a Clasico as a player.

Guardiola is a keen student of psychology, a deep thinker and a big reader. He also has a strong will to win and huge mental toughness. He may not have wanted to get involved in Mourinho’s mind games, but he will have realised he was left with no other option after the first two Clasico meetings. Unable to beat Jose, he joined him.

And it worked. Barca outplayed Madrid and Mourinho’s previous complaints about always having to cope with 10 men fell on deaf ears as official Wolfgang Stark sent off Pepe. Indeed, this time around it had been Guardiola who had discussed the referee, saying he expected a strong performance from the German official. He got it.

Lionel Messi went on to score twice after that, including a wonderful second late on, to swing the tie in Barcelona’s favour – on and off the field. On it, Barca have once again shown they are the superior side, and off it Mourinho may have just met his match as well.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 10:58am On Apr 28, 2011
^^^

and I ask you all,  please answer this question

was Pepe's foul a Red Card offence?
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 11:07am On Apr 28, 2011
Courtesy Dayokanu, not photoshopped lipsrsealed

What do you think about the challenge? Let's all be objective. Remember 4 yellows and a red had already been showed before this.

Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 11:10am On Apr 28, 2011
@ Ajanlekoko,

I vividly remember reading through the barca thread, where you all(except for eyoniggar) accussed Guardiola of being ''naive'' and ''misread'' the past matches.

So dont give me that bull crap that Guardiola is now a master in mind games.

He got fed up with mou's antics and he voiced his discontent and thats it nothing more and nothing less.

lest I forget, Congratulations on the victory
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 11:14am On Apr 28, 2011
AjanleKoko:

What do you think about the challenge? Let's all be objective. Remember 4 yellows and a red had already been showed before this.

4 yellows to both teams players of which non was Pepe's
and
1 red card to a goal keeper that would not suit up to even play.

Walahi I would be dissappointed in you of all people if you continue this way.
If it was eyo or holy or dipsex i wont be surprised and I would definately care less for one rudeboy.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 11:21am On Apr 28, 2011
usbcable:

4 yellows to both teams players of which non was Pepe's
and
1 red card to a goal keeper that would not suit up to even play.

Walahi I would be dissappointed in you of all people if you continue this way.
If it was eyo or holy or dipsex i wont be surprised and I would definately care less for one rudeboy.

You see now. You didn't answer my question.
In football, you show studs, you get sent off. It's a red card offence. Go do your research. Or haven't you ever seen a straight red before? Pepe commited what's regarded in football as 'serious foul play' targeting the shin of Alves like he was in kickboxing class grin

http://www.talkfootball.co.uk/guides/rules_of_football.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/hi/sa/football/rules/newsid_3635000/3635507.stm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misconduct_(association_football)

usbcable:

@ Ajanlekoko,

I vividly remember reading through the barca thread, where you all(except for eyoniggar) accussed Guardiola of being ''naive'' and ''misread'' the past matches.

So dont give me that bull crap that Guardiola is now a master in mind games.

He got fed up with mou's antics and he voiced his discontent and thats it nothing more and nothing less.

lest I forget, Congratulations on the victory

Bros, no be me write the article. Pep himself said that Mou was the jefe of mind games. He only knows football.
The article only said Pep turned the mind games on Jose. Like I said last night, your team decided to kick and push its way to victory. So we decided to dive. Now all of a sudden we are referee-buying scumbags. Hilarious. Well, like they say in wrestling, you lost the match - at the Bernabeu again - so you do the crying and sulking.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by medjai(m): 11:33am On Apr 28, 2011
usbcable:

^^^

and I ask you all,  please answer this question

was Pepe's foul a Red Card offence?
Ever heard the term 'studed challenge'? I'm sure you saw the pictures above. You don't show your studs when making challenges, if you do, you'd get a red.
It's the same reason Scholes got sent off against Man City in the FA cup semis.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by montelik(m): 12:55pm On Apr 28, 2011
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dmn60xEQcI?fs=1&hl=en_US"[/flash]

But is this a sending off offense? All he said was well done. Why did d 4th official feel he was being sarcastic. grin

But as unsavory as all his antics are most times, Jose is a real character. wink
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by otokx(m): 1:21pm On Apr 28, 2011
The summary of the game is that the better team won and football will be better of with a Manchester - Barcelona final.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 5:52pm On Apr 28, 2011
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 6:57pm On Apr 28, 2011
usbcable:

check the video clip and say if its worth the card.

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/1330054873516/noticia/Noticia/Television_images_show_that_Pepe_did_not_touch_Alves__leg.htm

From Madrid's website?

Seriously, don't sulk. Even Scholes can argue that he didn't touch Zabaleta. Pepe should not have shown studs. If he had actually made serious contact with Alves, his leg could have been broken, a la Eduardo. Referees usually punish intent.

See the tackle on Eduardo that broke his leg. You think Alves should have left his leg there for Pepe to break?

[flash=350,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2s0Sz54BAY?version=3"[/flash]
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by eyoniggar(m): 7:14pm On Apr 28, 2011
2nd led would probably be a fierce battle. Because you guys wud probably come out to play. Hope JM
fields higuain ,kaka and play some open football. I am predicting a 2-1 win in favor of Barca,Until then
allow me to celebrate with my many cans of Heienekens. grin
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 7:54pm On Apr 28, 2011
AjanleKoko:

From Madrid's website?

Seriously, don't sulk. Even Scholes can argue that he didn't touch Zabaleta. Pepe should not have shown studs. If he had actually made serious contact with Alves, his leg could have been broken, a la Eduardo. Referees usually punish intent.

See the tackle on Eduardo that broke his leg. You think Alves should have left his leg there for Pepe to break?

[flash=350,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2s0Sz54BAY?version=3"[/flash]
scholes tackle got zabaleta on the thigh, meaning the boots were more or less horizontal.
pepe's ''lunge'' was below the calf, was not horizontal and it didn't in the least touch alves. So Mr. AJ how are they same talkless of ed's broken leg.
am getting disgusted by the kind of arguments being put forward by all you bunch.
its appalling to say the least.

We all try to defend our clubs but when people you aften see as being more objective than you on most occassions show a base outlook towards the truth then its a real shame.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 8:01pm On Apr 28, 2011
eyoniggar:

2nd led would probably be a fierce battle. Because you guys wud probably come out to play. Hope JM
fields higuain ,kaka and play some open football. I am predicting a 2-1 win in favor of Barca,Until then
allow me to celebrate with my many cans of Heienekens. grin
CONGRATS jare ore mi.
at least you of all of them not for once saw ''naivity'' in pep's prematch comments nor saw the cdr as a tactical mistake and most of all predicted a win for barcelona when the rest were hoping praying and fasting with jesus name for a draw.
now the rest of them want to start forming rubbish.msheeeeeew.
drink on dearie but better still drink 5-alive grin
its good for your health.
but please note alcohol is bad for health
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 12:45am On Apr 29, 2011
usbcable:

scholes tackle got zabaleta on the thigh, meaning the boots were more or less horizontal.
pepe's ''lunge'' was below the calf, was not horizontal and it didn't in the least touch alves. So Mr. AJ how are they same talkless of ed's broken leg.
am getting disgusted by the kind of arguments being put forward by all you bunch.
its appalling to say the least.

We all try to defend our clubs but when people you aften see as being more objective than you on most occassions show a base outlook towards the truth then its a real shame.

Fair enough. Let's agree to disagree on this one. Whatever our opinions are can't change the outcome anyway.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by mamagee3(f): 2:34am On Apr 29, 2011
AjanleKoko:

How is that supposed to affect the thread/ issue at hand?
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by RuuDie(m): 6:03am On Apr 29, 2011
mama-gee:

How is that supposed to affect the thread/ issue at hand?

Erm. . . .area-mama, did you see the LIONel KING Messi!?

grin grin grin
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by RuuDie(m): 6:06am On Apr 29, 2011
I think we are all missing the point here - Pepe's tackle was clearly a bookable offence; doesn't matter the color of the card because he'd still have been sent off ~ at that point he was already on a yellow!
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by RuuDie(m): 6:10am On Apr 29, 2011
And bottomline is. . . . . .the game was all about tit-for-tat ~ you play rough, we simulate. Barca simply played a different kind of 'dirty' against Real's 'dirty'.

All the time they want to take advantage of Barca's desire to play football and only that, but this time the script was well and truly flipped. Ah, the stunned look on JM's face. . . . .absolutely priceless. He sure didn't see this one coming!

grin grin grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Pharoh: 8:04am On Apr 29, 2011
The play that changed the course of what was an evenly-fought match was not worthy of a red card

Realmadrid.com

Much has been said and written concerning Pepe’s send-off against Barcelona in the first leg of the Champions League semifinal, but an image speaks louder than words and video from Realmadrid TV clearly shows the player only touched the ball. Thirty minutes remained in the match and the referee sent Pepe off with a direct red card following a lose ball dispute between Alves and Pepe. The rest of the play has been publically scrutinized far and wide. Alves, who obviously appears to be in pain, abandons the pitch on a stretcher. After consulting with one of his assistants, German referee Wolfgang Stark shows Pepe the red card one minute after the play took place. Once he saw the decision made by the referee, Alves made his way back onto the pitch in full stride.

It wasn’t the only controversial play of the match, however. Arbeloa and Pedro were involved in another incident. Thirty-nine minutes into the first half, the Madridista defender blocked Barcelona forward’s running lane. There was shoulder-to-shoulder contact, but no aggressive intent. Pedro fell to the turf and clutched his face, and the entire Barcelona bench stood up to continue protesting for the foul.

An ugly gesture that appears to have become a constant. Look no further than the images of the incident between Marcelo and Busquets five minute earlier; another lose ball and again, the Barcelona player ends up on the turf. It wasn’t Alves this time, but Busquets. The dive is just as obvious as Marcelo’s expression of surprise. Marcelo protects the ball with his body and Busquets goes over the Madridista defender's back and blatantly falls to the floor with his hands over his face. Another unsportsmanlike gesture and more fuel to the fire for the referee to deal with. It lasted for 90 minutes as millions around the world watched on the small screen.

The sports world cries out
Rio Ferdinand: "This diving is a joke/embarrassing. When Pedro watches that do you think he'll think, "What was I doing!?" Rugby players must laugh at football. If you ever see me go off on a stretcher then run back on to play, I give everyone on here the green light to him me with a two-footed tackle."

Michael Owen: "Alves' actions won't please many as if he had got straight up it would have been a yellow card, but Barça fans will be happy with his actions."

Rory Mcilroy: "Dani Alves, you are a disgrace. Roll about on the floor just a bit more!"

Chad Ochocinco: "I can't believe they just gave Pepe a red card for that."

Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Pharoh: 8:27am On Apr 29, 2011
Official Announcement

Upon learning of the unprecedented decision by F. C. Barcelona to lodge a formal complaint against Real Madrid C. F. coach Jose Mourinho with the UEFA Control and Disciplinary Body, Real Madrid C. F. announces that it is obligated to follow suit concerning the repeated unsportsmanlike behavior of F. C. Barcelona, whose players consistently feigned aggressions with the sole purpose of misleading the referee of the match, which clearly led to the unfair decision to dismiss our player Pepe.

It is surprising that this chain of unsportsmanlike conduct and unfortunate decisiones finally culminates in the lodging of a complaint against our coach Jose Mourinho who, beyond opinions based on his right to freedom of speech, expressed his objection to victory at any price and the violation of the principles of loyalty, integrity and sportsmanship established in Art. 7 of the Preamble of the Statutes of UEFA and Art. 5 of its Disciplinary Regulations, by which Real Madrid C. F. expresses its full support of its coach.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Pharoh: 8:29am On Apr 29, 2011
Reyes, Rodriguez and Suarez discuss Real Madrid's chances of winning the Euroleague

Realmadrid.com

With Real Madrid about to head to the Euroleague Final Four, Felipe Reyes, Sergio Rodriguez and Carlos Suarez discussed the team's chances during an adidas promotional event. The three also sent a message of encouragement to their football counterparts: "All is not lost. You are a great team and anything can happen. It could be a great week for the both of us in Barcelona. We can win there."

Reyes:
"Winning Europe’s top prize in the city belonging to our arch nemesis would be very special. It’s a shame Barcelona is no longer in it because it would make it all the more special, but we haven’t accomplished anything yet. It’s going to be a tough road, but we will play our hearts out. We are a young team, but we have plenty of experience in these kinds of games. There is a lot at stake and we know what we have to do to win the Final Four. We are very motivated."

"Panathinaikos is probably the favorite after eliminating Barcelona, who won last year and this year hosts the Final Four. But I think all four teams are on a level playing field. We are all strong and powerful, so the games could go either way."

"Maccabi players are fast and can run the court. They also have solid players in the paint like Schortsianitis. We need to prevent them from running fast breaks. We don’t fear anyone or anything, but we must be careful in several facets. We want to have fun and play our game."

Rodriguez:
"There are several key factors being that it’s only a one-game series. Anything can happen. In a knockout tournament like the Final Four there is no team that is better than the next. You can rest a little easier knowing that you made it through the qualifying round and beat good teams in getting here. We are relaxed and excited about our chances. The Final Four is a special event, and this year it is even more important because it is being held in Spain and we are the last Spanish team standing."

Suarez:
"I think fans are excited about this competition and we hope to make them very happy."
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Pharoh: 8:32am On Apr 29, 2011
World press agrees: Pepe did not deserve a red card

L'Equipe: "The biggest mistake in the game was Pepe's send-off"

Realmadrid.com

The world press coincides in deeming the red card Pepe saw against Barcelona as unfair and decisive in the outcome of the game.

Pete Jenson, The Independent (UK)
"Pepe was shown a red card for a challenge on Dani Alves after the break with the theatrical reaction to the foul ensuring the card was red and not yellow, as it should have been."

Daily Mirror (UK)
"Real defender Pepe went on 62 minutes for a studs-up challenge on Dani Alves. It was a yellow card at worst. But the Barcelona players surrounded Stark like a pack of wolves to demand action. The official panicked and produced red."

Jacopo Gerna, Gazzeta dello Sport (Italy)
"Harsh send-off. Without Pepe's questionable red card on the 61-minute mark the match couldn't have ended the way it did."

L'Equipe (France)
"In a match plagued by errors and confrontations, the most noteworthy was Pepe's send-off."

Marca (Spain)
"An excessive red card for Pepe left Real Madrid with ten men a fourth time against Barcelona."

AS (Spain)
"Stark's mistake was to call a red card when it should have been yellow, but his greatest sin was to deprive us of football."

El Mundo (Spain)
"Once again, Real Madrid ended the match with ten men against Barcelona following Pepe's challenge on Alves, interpreted by the referee as violent when a yellow card would have probably sufficed."

ABC (Spain)
"Stark arrived and made a mess of things by booking Pepe with a red card when it should have been yellow at worst. He killed the tie with one blow. He destroyed Real Madrid and gave wings to a Barcelona side that had begun to give way."

La Gaceta (Spain)
"Germany's worst referee unfairly sent Pepe off and killed the semifinals."

El Pais (Spain)
"Pepe tackled Alves on the right leg. The red card could have been yellow, but referee Wolfgang Stark sent the Madridista off."
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 11:36am On Apr 29, 2011
dayokanu:

now you have a more objective pisture to view and not this one you want to show Odunnu so she can love you more.

Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by coolguyz(m): 12:44pm On Apr 29, 2011
@usbcable

i like the pictures you posted but will want you to also objectively state if that lunge by pepe was towards the ball or to leg. now try conceptualise if that stud had the contact with Alves leg which it obviusly would but Alves saw it coming and withdrew leg in time.

What does the rules punish? not just actual tackles but also intent that look vicious.

to say a red was harsh i may agree but that it was no card offense cos there was no contact is just too being bias!
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by chic2pimp(m): 12:47pm On Apr 29, 2011
What does that fool called Chad Ochocinco know about Soccer football?

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (102)

Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 / Real Madrid Vs Manchester City UCL (3 - 1) On 4th May 2022 / Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.