Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) (109402 Views)

Real Madrid's Champions League Exit Is A Blessing To Us (R.Madrid Fans Only) / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Strictly Ac Milan Fans Only ( Tu Sei Tutta La Mia Vita = You Sit All My Life ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 1:44pm On Apr 29, 2011
Red card or no red card, three things mystify me about the game, especially relating to Mourinho and Real Madrid:

1. Why did Real Madrid effectively stop playing after the sending off? It wasn't 5 men that were sent off, it was just one. In a previous game where a man was sent off, they regrouped and even pulled the game level. At this particular sending off they were even level at 0-0.

2. Why did Mourinho decide not to make any tactical substitution after the red card, but rather chose to look on as Messi tore the team apart? That is so unlike Mourinho. He could have closed down the game at 0-0, like he did at the Nou Camp last year. Rather, he chose to fume in silence.

3. This one is actually the most bizarre. After all the talk about finishing the game with one man short every time he plays Barca, and training to play Barca with 10 men, why is this particular sending-off so important to him? Because it's Pepe, and Pepe has a particular man-marking assignment?
If we go by his earlier words, he had already made up his mind to lose a man in every game, and had prepared for it. You could even say that, by his words, he indirectly instigated those sending-offs. This was the third game in 2 weeks, and he had lost a man in the previous two games. Who was going to bet against any referee doing the same in this particular match?

We need answers.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Pharoh: 1:46pm On Apr 29, 2011
coolguyz:

to say a red was harsh i may agree but that it was no card offense cos there was no contact is just too being bias!

I believe no one would have complained if he got a yellow card, even the whole media supports this fact even to the extent of if it actually made contact. The most disgusting thing is that even if he withdrawed his legs and held it little bit, pepe will still surely be penalized. My point is why such an amount of showmanship for a challenge that did not even make any contact with you that you even have to be carried away on a stretcher?.   undecided
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Pharoh: 2:14pm On Apr 29, 2011
Time to look forward to the weekend and well i think the line up should look in such a way that carvalho, Arbeloa, Marcelo, ozil and Di maria will be rested completely except if the match becomes tough.

Full squad list: Real Madrid Vs Zaragoza

Goalkeepers: Casillas, Dudek, Adan
Defenders: Carvalho, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Marcelo, Arbeloa, Garay, Nacho
Midfielders: Granero, Kaka, Canales, Di Maria, Ozil, Juanfran
Forwards: Adebayor, Higuain, Benzema
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by medjai(m): 3:16pm On Apr 29, 2011
In football, playing against 10 men guarantees you nothing. Last season, I watched a Mou led Inter defeat Milan 2-0 with 9 men.
If UEFA truly were biased towards Barca, there are better ways of helping them out instead of having opposing team players sent off.
Mou should just quit this conspiracy theory thingy. He's really embarrassing himself.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by cisse7575(m): 4:21pm On Apr 29, 2011
tryinmg not 2 accept ur failure is trying 2 fail 4ever. and mou is much more like that. he charges without thout.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by coolguyz(m): 5:05pm On Apr 29, 2011
please would you all also mind reading this as well. . .

and the question i ask is - must referees always be biased in favouring a team coached by mourinho to make them good?

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2011/04/29/2463454/scholes-2004-abidal-2009-milito-2010-jose-mourinho-is-a
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 9:57pm On Apr 29, 2011
coolguyz:

@usbcable

i like the pictures you posted but will want you to also objectively state if that lunge by pepe was towards the ball or to leg. now try conceptualise if that stud had the contact with Alves leg which it obviusly would but Alves saw it coming and withdrew leg in time.

What does the rules punish? not just actual tackles but also intent that look vicious.

to say a red was harsh i may agree but that it was no card offense cos there was no contact is just too being bias!
check all my earlier posts, all I said is was it worth a red card?
Watching the replay, I noticed the ref was not close to the event and judged the offence based upon shouts and cries from the barcelona players.
a referee in any derby match should the least not allow any of the players approach him for any matter as if he takes action it will breed room for controversy about his decision.
And thats where d ''wolf'' got it wrong.
showing your studs is a punishable offence(when contact is made) but having an intent to foul a player is not a red card offence and worse still a straight red card with no previous booking.

but this is football live with it but acknowledge it
what goes round would surely come around.

to my barca friends here I say congratulation but beware of the revival of los blancos and maybe we may pull an up set in the camp nou.

btw,
It goes to show that octopus predictions is crap. Its silly mythology come idolatory
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Pharoh: 2:50am On Apr 30, 2011
usbcable:

btw,
It goes to show that octopus predictions is crap. Its silly mythology come idolatory

I am sure we will give it all at the nou camp and that's why i said it is not over yet, the prediction by the octopus was different this time around. I am surprised by the change in method from predicting matches to predicting who will be in the final.

I think most sights got it wrong by saying he actually ate from the tubes which he didn't because he only sat on the Madrid tube after two minutes without eating the mussels. The interpretation also resembled what is happening now and i will post the write-up when i see it. I have not seen the videos as well but anyway is not that i am basing all my positivity on that.

We will go to the second leg and play to qualify, it is not over yet until it is over so there is still room to perform and make it to the final. So what will your line-up look like for the weekend match and we are playing at home for me i see the second string players and those red carded dominating this line-up.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Pharoh: 3:08am On Apr 30, 2011
AjanleKoko:

1. Why did Real Madrid effectively stop playing after the sending off? It wasn't 5 men that were sent off, it was just one. In a previous game where a man was sent off, they regrouped and even pulled the game level. At this particular sending off they were even level at 0-0.

This was a different match with lot of hostility and even Uefa is thinking of investigating the whole incident that happened in this match. You don't expect them to react the same way all the time to a red card and this is a semi.final where even mourinho was sent to the stand also. Removing pepe changed the dynamics of the game and the tactics, so they have to adjust with time. I just want to look at it that they were very upset will the match and decided to settle for a draw. Red carding pepe will not have the same effect as red carding a di maria in my own opinion.

2. Why did Mourinho decide not to make any tactical substitution after the red card, but rather chose to look on as Messi tore the team apart? That is so unlike Mourinho. He could have closed down the game at 0-0, like he did at the Nou Camp last year. Rather, he chose to fume in silence.

Mou was already in the stands and you know that he is not allowed to interfere in the match. If you look at some replays he later wrote something in a short note to one of his assistants which was passed on to karanka. Moreover defense wise the only tactical substitute that will be effective is already in the pitch in the person of diarra. I don't think gago and granero are up for this kind of match or they can really deliver what mou actually wants them to do.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Pharoh: 3:21am On Apr 30, 2011
AjanleKoko:

3. This one is actually the most bizarre. After all the talk about finishing the game with one man short every time he plays Barca, and training to play Barca with 10 men, why is this particular sending-off so important to him? Because it's Pepe, and Pepe has a particular man-marking assignment?
If we go by his earlier words, he had already made up his mind to lose a man in every game, and had prepared for it. You could even say that, by his words, he indirectly instigated those sending-offs. This was the third game in 2 weeks, and he had lost a man in the previous two games. Who was going to bet against any referee doing the same in this particular match?

We need answers.

Expecting something doesn't mean you wish for it or you really want it to happen and if given different options i believe he will surely settle for a full squad to play barca rather than just 10 men. Pepe was a very key factor in mou tactics of late and i don't think he has a man marking assignment but he just needs to operate at a certain zone where barca are most dangerous.

His words might have some relations to the red cards in the sense that the players will not look at the sending off solely from their point of view only as being the one to blame. But i don't believe any of those players purposely want to get a red card or a yellow card except in some rare cases like ramos and alonso to miss the next match.

I pray it doesn't happen again because this is the seventh time and hope i have given you some of the answers you need.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by usbcable(m): 5:35am On Apr 30, 2011
cisse7575:

tryinmg not 2 accept your failure is trying 2 fail 4ever. and mou is much more like that. he charges without thout.
how old are you sef with this your ways of talking sef?

@pharoh,
iker
ramos--albiol--pepe--arbeloa
lass--granero
ozil--kaka--ronaldo
benzema

subs
angel--ozil
higuain--BENZEMA
Alonso--lass/granero
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 7:32am On Apr 30, 2011
Pharoh:

Expecting something doesn't mean you wish for it or you really want it to happen and if given different options i believe he will surely settle for a full squad to play barca rather than just 10 men. Pepe was a very key factor in mou tactics of late and i don't think he has a man marking assignment but he just needs to operate at a certain zone where barca are most dangerous.

His words might have some relations to the red cards in the sense that the players will not look at the sending off solely from their point of view only as being the one to blame. But i don't believe any of those players purposely want to get a red card or a yellow card except in some rare cases like ramos and alonso to miss the next match.

I pray it doesn't happen again because this is the seventh time and hope i have given you some of the answers you need.

Thanks Pharoh for responding.

Well, I share your sentiment and hope it doesn't happen again, but I doubt that very much. Your man has only succeeded in creating a bad blood situation. As long as he's in charge, expect controversy and major bust-ups like this. That's the only thing we are protesting; we feel Real Madrid can beat Barcelona without necessarily having to resort to all these mind games and overt physicality. The team is capable of great football, and has great players.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by cisse7575(m): 8:01am On Apr 30, 2011
@usbcable, u want 2 know my age? what does that has 2 do here? age is just a number,so,forget it and face ur failure
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Krayola(m): 9:02am On Apr 30, 2011
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by RuuDie(m): 5:46pm On Apr 30, 2011
Goal. . . . .RM 0 - 1 Zaragoza

An absolute howler by Casillas - how often do we hear that. . . . .hmmmmm is there a shocker on the cards!!?
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by medjai(m): 6:03pm On Apr 30, 2011
Casillas. . .what a howler! shocked
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by medjai(m): 6:48pm On Apr 30, 2011
Another Red. . . Carvalho sent off. Barca must have bribed LFP
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Pharoh: 6:56pm On Apr 30, 2011
End of the game Madrid 2 - 3 Zaragoza . . . .time to rest and plan for the midweek match.

We tried but the game didn't go our way, so looking forward t the midweek to know what is still in store for this season.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by coolguyz(m): 7:03pm On Apr 30, 2011
medjai:

Another Red. . . Carvalho sent off. Barca must have bribed LFP
grin grin grin grin i'm also waiting to hear that. . . . happy for zaragoza sha, uche plays in top flight for another season
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by tocdee(m): 7:05pm On Apr 30, 2011
Lol!!! I hope Guardiola asks Mouthinho what he thinks about the red card!!! grin grin grin grin Bloody thugs!
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by RuuDie(m): 7:15pm On Apr 30, 2011
Special one kor'. . . .special monkey ni

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Pharoh: 7:43pm On Apr 30, 2011
Jose Mourinho, Real Madrid and Barcelona charged by Uefa after fiery Champions League clash

Hope they will reserve judgment until when the semi-finals are over.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by AjanleKoko: 9:00pm On Apr 30, 2011
Interesting weekend. Two relegation-fighting clubs pick all three points off the top two.
To tell the truth, the midweek debacle was rather draining for both sides. I'm actually happy for both Sociedad and Zaragoza, they at least have something to cheer about. 4 more games to go.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by medjai(m): 9:08pm On Apr 30, 2011
4 red cards in the last 5 matches. . . really scary
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by FBS: 9:26pm On Apr 30, 2011
oh well. . .
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Pharoh: 10:19pm On Apr 30, 2011
The Santiago Bernabeu gave the players a standing ovation before the start of the match against Zaragoza

Realmadrid.com / Translation by Michael J. O'Donnell

Real Madrid won the Copa del Rey by defeating Barcelona 1-0 in the final held at Mestalla Stadium on 20 April. The squad presented the title to their fans at the Bernabeu before the match against Zaragoza kicked-off and was given a standing ovation.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Pharoh: 4:44pm On May 02, 2011
The squad believes the team can turn the aggregate score around at Camp Nou: "Real Madrid never give up a fight"

Realmadrid.com / Translation by Michael J. O'Donnell

Real Madrid have always stood out for their hard work, drive and pursuit of victory to their very last breath. The club's values go hand in hand with unbelievable comebacks and turnarounds accomplished in Europe by the team throughout its history. Jose Mourinho's side is ready to pick up from where its predecessors left off and will travel to Barcelona sure of its chances to turn things around in the Champions League semifinals. The squad and all Madridistas dream of reaching the 28 May final at Wembley.

Iker Casillas
"The names of the two teams that will play the final haven't been inscribed yet. You never know what may happen. We will play in Barcelona knowing a final is set to take place in a month and that any of the four teams still in the championship may be in it."

Sergio Ramos
"We are in a complicated spot in this tie, but we'll have to go for it at Camp Nou. We're hopeful. We will try to do a good job and look for a victory."

Higuain
"We have a great chance in the Champions League and we will fight to the death. What matters is that we stick together to reach the final we are all so excited about. We're good enough to win the tie, so we will try our best. We must be proud and humble. The fact that Barça defeated us in Madrid means we can also defeat them in Barcelona."

Kaka
"We expect to play a great game. We have faith. Real Madrid can never give up a fight."

Jorge Valdano, Director General
"Madridismo always believes in comebacks. If there was just one team that had the habit of being heroic, it would be Real Madrid. Nothing should deprive us of feeling hope and excitement for Tuesday's match."
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Pharoh: 4:46pm On May 02, 2011
Real Madrid defeated Barcelona 2-0 at Camp Nou in the semifinals of the 2001/02 Champions League, which they eventually won in Glasgow

Jose Mourinho's team needs to win 2-0 at Camp Nou on Tuesday in order to at least draw the aggregate score in the UCL semifinals. The Whites accomplished this feat in the 2001/02 edition of the tournament thanks to goals from Zidane and McManaman. They went on to win the final against Bayer Leverkusen at Hampden Park, taking their ninth European Cup title.

Everyone agrees it will be difficult, but no one gives up hope. The only difference with the situation they were in nine years ago is that the match in Barcelona was then the first leg of the semifinals as opposed to the return.

Zidane's goal came in the 10th minute and McManaman's in injury time. Barcelona and Real Madrid drew 1-1 in the Bernabeu return leg, meaning the Camp Nou victory was really what clinched them a spot in the final.

This historic precedent is just what Real Madrid need to have even greater faith in their chances on Tuesday. Their only intention is to defeat Barcelona at Camp Nou to reach the 28 May Wembley final, where they would try to win their tenth European Cup trophy.
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by medjai(m): 6:53pm On May 02, 2011
I heard your dressing room is divided. I heard the players turned against JM. . . wonders shall never end
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by MeGaStReEt: 8:20pm On May 02, 2011
medjai:

I heard your dressing room is divided. I heard the players turned against JM. . . wonders shall never end

I heard the same thing, I learnt they are against JM's tactics, C Ronaldo claimed he did not have the chance to express himself. I just laff at Real player, they are toooo lazy, when JM allowed them to play their normal game at the Nou Camp earlier in the season, the whole world saw what happened to them, no club has ever beaten a JM coached club 5-0. When they won the Copa De Rey they did not complain, bunch of lazy players
Re: The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) by Pharoh: 7:06am On May 03, 2011

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (102)

Real Madrid Vs Juventus: UCL (1 - 3) On 11th April 2018 / Real Madrid Vs Manchester City UCL (3 - 1) On 4th May 2022 / Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.