Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,490 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? (13362 Views)

The Best Of The Atheists In Nairaland So Far / Why Are There So Many Atheists In Nigeria Nowadays? / Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 12:04pm On Nov 04, 2012
Abbey2sam:

most of what you said are right but i have to disagreed with their being ugly,na so dem see theirselves, grin
lol! Bad nutrition and lack of good health life of the mother during pregnancy, and of the children after birth, often result in a such ugly outlook. If you like agree or disagree, it is an inalienable medical truth.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 04, 2012
trent9002:
And what's wrong with a girl having protected sex?
[s]Yahweh don't like, except her name's Mary, in which case it was unprotected... [/s] grin

1 Like

Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by ACM10: 12:05pm On Nov 04, 2012
Women should be allowed to make the choice. Why should someone on the pulpit or government decide what women should do with their body? What annoys me is that the same men-of-god or government will abandon the lady to her fate when she eventually delivers the baby. If we could devise a means to cater for the women and the babies from their unwanted pregnancy, then I will support any bill that seeks to outlaw SOME abortion. SOME, because some medical reason where the pregnant mothers life is at risk warrants therapeutic abortion.

1 Like

Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 04, 2012
CrazyMan:
Don't throw back the question at me...you're meant to answer it.
In my case, I'd advise the girl to abort. If it were dependent on my choice, the 'matter' won't even have a history...
What would you do?
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 12:07pm On Nov 04, 2012
CrazyMan:
And your burden would be to uneducate her about moral decency and religious standards.

And give her a freedom of choice to live the way she feels.

Wicked father!
last time I check, morality is anchored on individual common sense. So, stop seeking undue mischief!
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by trent9002(m): 12:08pm On Nov 04, 2012
Lord Babs: I corrected earlier a guy that puts 'unborn child', that only a morøn uses such oxyMORON. It should be an 'unborn foetus'.
P.S: *corrected a guy earlier
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by CrazyMan(m): 12:09pm On Nov 04, 2012
trent9002:
And what's wrong with a girl having protected sex?
Ask nicely and I would tell you the dangers associated with your teenage daughter having sex. Protected/unprotected.

1 Like

Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Jotonio(f): 12:09pm On Nov 04, 2012
[color=#990000][/color] :-XI really don't understand why and guy. And a girl have sex without protection....prevention is better than cure oooooo,if u don't like protection then go ahead and get married and save your self from the pain and shame that might come later. Especially for the ladies be WARNED you are on the loosing side if anything goes wrong.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by RedLight1: 12:12pm On Nov 04, 2012
well based on the topic.. am not fully an atheist but am not pro-anyreligion

and i think abortion is not killing as some people want us to believe
the foetus doesn't have life and doesn't have a soul yet ... all measure we take everyday to prevent pregnancy are also abortions in disguise ...using comdoms or masturbating, wasting spermm that could lead to pregnancy... their is no much difference from this sperms and the foetus.. both dont have life.. the only difference is that the sperm has developed in woman to foetus while comdoms or sprayed away sperm has being denied the opportunity to develop into foetus which could lead to babies
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by KINGwax(m): 12:14pm On Nov 04, 2012
Forget any arguments, in christianity, pregnancy shldnt even occur without marriage talkless of aborting it. Second, when you're married, u're expected to be able to cope with d child, otherwise, it's not by force to enter marriage. The bible says, who among u will want to build a house and not first consider all necessity for it's erection?
In christianity, abortion is not allowed because pre-marital sex aint allowed and stupidity aint allowed too. And when you're married, get protected!
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 04, 2012
KINGwax: Forget any arguments, in christianity, pregnancy shldnt even occur without marriage talkless of aborting it. Second, when you're married, u're expected to be able to cope with d child, otherwise, it's not by force to enter marriage. The bible says, who among u will want to build a house and not first consider all necessity for it's erection?
In christianity, abortion is not allowed because pre-marital sex aint allowed and stupidity aint allowed too. And when you're married, get protected!

to hell with the bible! abortion is a thing of choice,after all ur bible god killed several first born,including babies.

1 Like

Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 12:19pm On Nov 04, 2012
Jotonio: [color=#990000][/color] :-XI really don't understand why and guy. And a girl have sex without protection....
and what about coitûs interruptus?
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Nov 04, 2012
the conversation should be: ARE PASTORS ALLOWED TO OWN PRIVATE JETS?
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by trent9002(m): 12:21pm On Nov 04, 2012
musKeeto:
[s]Allah don't like, except her name's Mary, in which case it was unprotected... [/s] grin

1 Like

Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by elampiro(m): 12:21pm On Nov 04, 2012
Crazyman, I just followed you. You are grounded in christianity, not a half baked. Like John The Baptist, you are like a lone voice calling people to the right path. If christianity was to be practiced as stipulated in the scripture, the world will be a perfect place.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 04, 2012
KINGwax: Forget any arguments, in christianity, pregnancy shldnt even occur without marriage talkless of aborting it. Second, when you're married, u're expected to be able to cope with d child, otherwise, it's not by force to enter marriage. The bible says, who among u will want to build a house and not first consider all necessity for it's erection?

What if a pregnant woman's husband dies and the husband family takes away all the inheritance. The woman becomes depressed and broke

If the woman decides to abort the baby, what objections do you have?
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by thelastPope(m): 12:22pm On Nov 04, 2012
Lord Babs: I know a lady(albeit there are many of her kind), she had 5 kids for 5 different men. Very ugly children. She lives a very poor life. Living alone with her mother and the 5 bastærds...all in a one-room apartment. They are extremely religious(xtian). Those 5 ugly bæstards ALWAYS constitute a nuisance in that neighbourhood: like shîtting and pîssing all over the walk ways, barging into other neighbours' homes, eating debris with pride...and all mannerism of juvenile deliquencies. I hear that some people suggested abortion for her at a stage, to avoid the innocent bæstards from suffering, without fathers and a working mother. But she shunned them, said it is a vile abomination in her church. I laughed in anger! So, it's not a worse vilest transgression to go on frivolously sleeping around and carelessly birthing bæstards, who can't even go to school! And to cap it up, an abortion could have been the viable saving grace, if only she had unveiled the irrational lid of her religious ignorance. If I were God, I would rather advise her to abort those shabby bæstards, than allowing them to live and yet I couldn't deliver them from the shambles of impecuniousity and cruelest disgusting life. Religion is really spoiling things big time!

The irony of your post is that such a woman is not a Christian but your post is based on the assumption that she is just because she attends a church!
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by mumumugu(m): 12:24pm On Nov 04, 2012
If to say ur mama kil abi na abort una wen una dey im belle, una no go dey alive de suport abortion
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by CrazyMan(m): 12:24pm On Nov 04, 2012
ifeness: to hell with the bible! abortion is a thing of choice,after all ur bible god killed several first born,including babies.
You don't believe the bible remember...so how come you still cling on to that particular area.

If you feel the bible is false, then its ok to say God doesn't exist...and if God doesn't exist, there's no way he'd kill anyone.

So quit your ranting and stop derailing this thread...state your views on abortion and defend your stand.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 12:25pm On Nov 04, 2012
ifeness:

to hell with the bible! abortion is a thing of choice,after all ur bible god killed several first born,including babies.
imagine! Their blood-sucking god allowed Herod to maim all the innocent male children, just because of one freaking jesus! Smh

1 Like

Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 04, 2012
mumumugu: If to say ur mama kil abi na abort una wen una dey im belle, una no go dey alive de suport abortion
Stop being foolish.. u know how many pikin ur popsy don troway ontop masturbation and condom, before dem born you?
what abt miscarriages?
nonsense..
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 04, 2012
CrazyMan:
You don't believe the bible remember...so how come you still cling on to that particular area.

If you feel the bible is false, then its ok to say God doesn't exist...and if God doesn't exist, there's no way he'd kill anyone.

So quit your ranting and stop derailing this thread...state your views on abortion and defend your stand.
Most Xtians on here make good theists.. but horrible Yahweh apologists.. Won't like to derail this thread though...
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 12:28pm On Nov 04, 2012
thelastPope:

The irony of your post is that such a woman is not a Christian but your post is based on the assumption that she is just because she attends a church!
o.k. Who is a christian?
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 04, 2012
CrazyMan:

YAHWEH of the bible is not god simple! He is Mr Genocide,he even supports slavery undecided
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by mumumugu(m): 12:34pm On Nov 04, 2012
musKeeto:
Stop being foolish.. u know how many pikin ur popsy don troway ontop masturbation and condom, before dem born you?
what abt miscarriages?
nonsense..

GOLDEN RULE, do to others as u want them do unto u.

If u wishd u were aborted, then abort others. Simple
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by CrazyMan(m): 12:36pm On Nov 04, 2012
Lord Babs: o.k. Who is a christian?
Since you've insisted on derailing this thread with your questions, I've also got some for you.

1. Did you once believe in God?  If yes, Why did you stop?

2. What do you base your disbelief in God on?

3. What would make you feel open to the existence of God?

Honest answers please...this is to all the Atheist in the house.

1 Like

Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by LordBabs(m): 12:38pm On Nov 04, 2012
CrazyMan:
Since you've insisted on derailing this thread with your questions, I've also got some for you.

1. Did you once believe in God?  If yes, ask: Why did you stop?

2. What do you base your disbelief in God on?

3. What would make you feel open to the existence of God?

Honest answers please...this is to all the Atheist in the house.
now u wanna make me angry. You don't wanna make me angry.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by trent9002(m): 12:39pm On Nov 04, 2012
mumumugu:

GOLDEN RULE, do to others as u want them do unto u.

If u wishd u were aborted, then abort others. Simple
An unborn foetus is not a human being. It has NO human rights
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by mumumugu(m): 12:40pm On Nov 04, 2012
wiegraf: It's the woman's body, it's her choice

na she put d pikin 4 ha belle ? No be d man help am? She shud consult d man b4 makin any conclusion on abortion?

Pesonaly,am against it.GOLDEN RULE
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 04, 2012
Abortion existed before religion, and will survive after people become thoroughly enlightened to know that religion is actually solar politics and abandon it. The confusion surrounding abortion stems from laughable ignorance of when life begins and the genesis of soul. Every now and then the religious fellows do not allow other school of thoughts have a say on issues without dancing azonto with their infective ideologies. This thread sort the views of atheists, but I see religious fanatics flooding this forum with their ideologies without giving room for the atheists to be heard, I forbid all religious bigots to allow atheists air their views, there is always something to learn, but religion seeks to ask no questions and also welcomes no open answers by others to issues beyond the Bible, the Koran and their other story sorry holy books. Please let atheists be heard.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by Areaboy2(m): 12:42pm On Nov 04, 2012
mumumugu: If to say ur mama kil abi na abort una wen una dey im belle, una no go dey alive de suport abortion

you are building an ugly strawman for yourself here. Read through all the arguments so far to see the exact point being made.

@topic.
It should be legal, in the same way contraceptives are. The only problem is at what duration is it still safe/ethical to do so?

We have a population crises already, a few unwanted pregnancies wont hurt us that much. My take on this is simple: Educate women enough so they know what exactly their options are and the possibility of such.
Re: Atheists In The House, What Are Your Views On Abortion? by CrazyMan(m): 12:43pm On Nov 04, 2012
Lord Babs: now u wanna make me angry. You don't wanna make me angry.
What's there to be angry about...and why do you guys have this unexplainable hatred over other religions.

If you're happy with atheism, then you should be able to defend it...and not get angry and rude when questions are being asked in regards to your beliefs.

Its called maturity.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should A Believer Join A Protest Against The Government? / Exclusive: Meet Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Look Alike & They Have The Same Initial / Where do Atheists go when they die?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.