Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,445 members, 7,850,558 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:10 AM

How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? (9528 Views)

Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively / Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now / How Does Height Affect Your Dating Decision? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 04, 2012
@Poster

It has been proven (through endless research) that as they years past, affection and love decreases in your relationship. Passionate love turn to a more everlasting kind of love (compassionate love).

The best way to preserve your marriage or relationship is to keep this in mind. To expect it and to not expect more.

Also understand that relationships, any kind, is not bliss. It's work and sweat.
Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 04, 2012
Sagamite:

Come on, lets stop the play-acting. grin

Is this suppose to be getting back at men? undecided grin

The reality is that men have multiple tools of attraction. And muscle is not the primary one except you are trying to attract an 18 year girl.

As I said, if it is muscle you want, Agbero boys go dey smack all the fine girls in Naija. Muscle is a bonus most times for women.

https://www.nairaland.com/405445/ladies-arrange-order-preferred-attributes

Trying to change the rules of nature with snide comments will never get women far. tongue

The man I will give the life I have now for, has to look like him and have his own. Very simple. smiley smiley smiley
Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by Sagamite(m): 5:52pm On Nov 04, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

He's married. I'm just saying.

Email hm if you want to be "the other woman" wink

PS: I'm not his wife o. Olorun maje! grin

*Ileke-IdI:
Sagamite, whazzup with your profile pix sef?

Na who tell you say we wan see potbelly?

Na always the same belly. Oya, kuku do a Boxer modelling picture tongue

Haterz can continue hating.

Mo fine gan!

https://www.nairaland.com/742962/love-sagamite-lol/3#9021560

carefreewannabe:

I am not a threat. I am too mature wink
I'll send you an email some time. Girls, just for the sake of intellectually stimulating conversations. We will not get on in the long run. So don't worry. wink

Hmm!

That is what they all say at the beginning.

Until it turns to "Saga, I want to have your babies". tongue grin

You won't want me if you saw me? undecided Like if you are not human. cool
Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 04, 2012
carefreewannabe:

Have you ever experienced a platonic friendship? I have. I don't want to become his girlfriend, neither sleep with him.
If his wife asks me to stop EVEN talking to him, I will.

There is nothing like a platonic relationship, my friend. Stop that thing. grin
You never expect it to happen, but it will.

Respect Mrs. Sagamite and leave her husband be o. tongue
Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by Sagamite(m): 5:53pm On Nov 04, 2012
carefreewannabe:

Have you ever experienced a platonic friendship? I have. I don't want to become his girlfriend, neither sleep with him.
If his wife asks me to stop EVEN talking to him, I will.

No mind her. She just wan spoil market.

She wants me all to herself.

I am single for life. grin
Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 04, 2012
Sagamite:

No mind her. She just wan spoil market.

She wants me all to herself.

I am single for life. grin

Don't worry, I'll show Dupe this thread.

She'll come and tell caretobefree how free you are grin
Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 04, 2012
Sagamite:

Haterz can continue hating.

Mo fine gan!

https://www.nairaland.com/742962/love-sagamite-lol/3#9021560

Hmm!

That is what they all say at the beginning.

Until it turns to "Saga, I want to have your babies". tongue grin

You won't want me if you saw me? undecided Like if you are not human. cool

Saga, you are an interesting personality but let me be honest with you, I have no time for games. I read your story about Joanna today wink and you are not what I am after. You make things way to complicated. As you know, I wanna be carefree. wink
Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 04, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

There is nothing like a platonic relationship, my friend. Stop that thing. grin
You never expect it to happen, but it will.

Respect Mrs. Sagamite and leave her husband be o. tongue

Why you even care if you aren't the wife, nor my friend grin

Believe me, I don't have to compete with others for men. There are enough men out there.
If I get into something with someone, that will be a mutual choice and this gentleman will make sure I don't have to worry about other women.
You think there's no platonic friendship. You really missed something good.

2 Likes

Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 04, 2012
carefreewannabe:

Saga, you are an interesting personality but let me be honest with you, I have no time for games. I read your story about Joanna today wink and you are not what I am after. You make things way to complicated. As you know, I wanna be carefree. wink

Good girl, oya keep it moving lipsrsealed

If I hear say you send him an email, I'll have Dupe pull out your weave tongue

Nice doing business with you grin grin
Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 04, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

Good girl, oya keep it moving lipsrsealed

If I hear say you send him an email, I'll have Dupe pull out your weave tongue

Nice doing business with you grin grin

Do as you like. It's a free world.
Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 04, 2012
carefreewannabe:

Why you even care if you aren't the wife, nor my friend grin

Believe me, I don't have to compete with others for men. There are enough men out there.
If I get into something with someone, that will be a mutual choice and this gentleman will make sure I don't have to worry about other women.
You think there's no platonic friendship. You really missed something good.
That's the spirit. Where is 190 and Mr. Cork for you tongue

Nah, all my male friends wanna get it embarassed How can I remain platonic? Teach me embarassed embarassed
Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 04, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

That's the spirit. Where is 190 and Mr. Cork for you tongue

Nah, all my male friends wanna get it embarassed How can I remain platonic? Teach me embarassed embarassed

I can teach you but my lessons are very expensive. I have a Master of Education. I doubt you can afford it.
Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 04, 2012
carefreewannabe:

I can teach you but my lessons are very expensive. I have a Master of Education. I doubt you can afford it.

lol tongue
Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by Sagamite(m): 6:05pm On Nov 04, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
@Poster

It has been proven (through endless research) that as they years past, affection and love decreases in your relationship. Passionate love turn to a more everlasting kind of love (compassionate love).

The best way to preserve your marriage or relationship is to keep this in mind. To expect it and to not expect more.

Also understand that relationships, any kind, is not bliss. It's work and sweat.

And she is actually talking sense. grin

Women should have a great personality and judgement.

Use your looks to attract a guy, use your personality to retain him. This is only possible if you have used good judgement to select a quality guy from the start.

*Ileke-IdI:

Don't worry, I'll show Dupe this thread.

She'll come and tell caretobefree how free you are grin

Tell Bimpe, Chioma and Musonda as well. grin

carefreewannabe:

Okay o. tongue grin
Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 04, 2012
Biko, Sagamite, behave yourself. There will no be any flirting in my presence. angry

Sagamite:

And she is actually talking sense. grin

Women should have a great personality and judgement.

Use your looks to attract a guy, use your personality to retain him. This is only possible if you have used good judgement to select a quality guy from the start.

Personality is very intricate, you know.

Depends.

Are you guys generally compatible? We're not talking specific/personal compatibility.
Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 04, 2012
Use your looks to get a man and personality to retain him.
But when we age, we start to look different. Nothing we can do about it. As you said, you want both. So personality will not be enough for you and many men. And aging cannot be stopped. Hopeless and frustrating. Isn't it?
Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 04, 2012
"Tell Bimpe, Chioma and Musonda as well."

You killing me with laughter. smiley smiley smiley
Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by Sagamite(m): 6:34pm On Nov 04, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
Biko, Sagamite, behave yourself. There will no be any flirting in my presence. angry

When you are ready to confess your love and the fact you think I am hot, I would consider stopping the flirting. tongue

*Ileke-IdI:

Personality is very intricate, you know.

Depends.

Are you guys generally compatible? We're not talking specific/personal compatibility.

That is one thing you need to figure out before you settle together.

And due to the disadvantage of biology to women, I suggest they start this earlier than men and not leave it too late while having their head up their arsse when they were at their peak.

carefreewannabe: Use your looks to get a man and personality to retain him.
But when we age, we start to look different. Nothing we can do about it. As you said, you want both. So personality will not be enough for you and many men. And aging cannot be stopped. Hopeless and frustrating. Isn't it?

That is where personality kicks in.

If you select the right man, then your personality would hopefully build a bond no beauty can imitate or replicate.

There is a point in solid relationships where partners move from having se-x to making love. That is solid bonding!

Men like me will never bond with shytheads!

I bond with classy women.

Your personality can last a lifetime, your looks will not.

If you use it right, and have good judgement in selection, he would not be able to think of a world without you.

2 Likes

Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by Orikinla(m): 7:24pm On Nov 04, 2012
Bond008: abeg @op, you dont love because of looks. Love covereth all things. so aging does not matter.
But men still have quickies with babes at clubs without even knowing where they came from just based on their sexiness.
Most people date more from looks than brains.

1 Like

Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by Orikinla(m): 7:25pm On Nov 04, 2012
Sagamite:

When you are ready to confess your love and the fact you think I am hot, I would consider stopping the flirting. tongue

That is one thing you need to figure out before you settle together.

And due to the disadvantage of biology to women, I suggest they start this earlier than men and not leave it too late while having their head up their arsse when they were at their peak.

That is where personality kicks in.

If you select the right man, then your personality would hopefully build a bond no beauty can imitate or replicate.

There is a point in solid relationships where partners move from having se-x to making love. That is solid bonding!

Men like me will never bond with shytheads!

I bond with classy women.

Your personality can last a lifetime, your looks will not.

If you use it right, and have good judgement in selection, he would not be able to think of a world without you.
Good point.
Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by yme1(f): 10:19pm On Nov 04, 2012
Moral of the story. . . . Pls ladies get married to a well to do man or be wealthy yourself because when age kicks in you can always opt for surgery to relift and over lift that body cheesy cheesy

The truth is aging is inevitable in life but if u are hooked to someone you truly love and watch each other age together it won't be much of a big deal
Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by glb2012: 11:05pm On Nov 04, 2012
mondi_cheeks:
men dont go out of shape?
dont get a woman pregnant if you are not going to support her to lose weight after giving birth.
if you mother was any pretty at all in her youth, compare her pics then and now before u start talking about other women.
u think women enjoy watching their husbands getting a pot belly from all the alcohol and food. im talking about a month into marriage he already has a nasty belly! u think they enjoy being intimate wit a man who looks more pregnant than she ever did? the nasty pricky beards they keep when they get old? those same women, sadly enough ended up looking like that before they made the worst mistake of bringing airheads like you into this world! before u go out pointing at any other woman, look at how imperfect women in your own family are
haba...na fight?
Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by Sagamite(m): 11:16pm On Nov 04, 2012
y me: Moral of the story. . . . Pls ladies get married to a well to do man or be wealthy yourself because when age kicks in you can always opt for surgery to relift and over lift that body cheesy cheesy

The truth is aging is inevitable in life but if u are hooked to someone you truly love and watch each other age together it won't be much of a big deal

That is the type of marriage of "Real Housewives of [insert US city]". grin

It usually doesn't work. Most end up in divorce.

Good choice of man and a great character from both sides that builds good friendship and a cohesive bond in marriage works better. tongue

A home where there is no stress and both spouses laugh and joke all day is less likely to lead to one party disappointing the other.

When me and you marry tongue, you know I am like Michael Kyle in "My Wife and Kids". You will not need relift. cool
Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by yme1(f): 11:49pm On Nov 04, 2012
Sagamite:

That is the type of marriage of "Real Housewives of [insert US city]". grin

It usually doesn't work. Most end up in divorce.
Ehnnnn divorce with fat bank account tongue coolnot worth it tho

Sagamite:

Good choice of man and a great character from both sides that builds good friendship and a cohesive bond in marriage works better. tongue

A home where there is no stress and both spouses laugh and joke all day is less likely to lead to one disappointing the other.
ON POINT!!!! smiley smiley smiley

Sagamite:

When me and you marry, you know I am like Michael Kyle in "My Wife and Kids". You will not need relift. cool
angry angry angry You want your e-wives(Ileke-IdI and co) to panel beat me? tongue
Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by Sagamite(m): 1:24am On Nov 05, 2012
y me:
Ehnnnn divorce with fat bank account tongue coolnot worth it tho

ON POINT!!!! smiley smiley smiley

angry angry angry You want your e-wives(Ileke-IdI and co) to panel beat me? tongue

Alright! You no say money no be problem. cheesy grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D2Rd3KKuNI&feature=related
Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by yme1(f): 1:59am On Nov 05, 2012
Sagamite:

Alright! You no say money no be problem. cheesy grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D2Rd3KKuNI&feature=related
what are u waiting for? shocked
Can we get this ball rolling papi? where, how do you wanna go about this? cheesy cheesy
Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by Nobody: 5:13am On Nov 05, 2012
Considering i have not yet reached my prime as a twenty something year young tongue woman, i cant say that aging has affected me in any major way but i definitely find myself thinking about settling down and children. I guess that is natural but its not a priority now. Perhaps as i near my thirties it will be "critical" then as my bio-clock would begin ticking.
Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by Nobody: 5:15am On Nov 05, 2012
SAGAMITE! angry
Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by 5much(m): 6:39am On Nov 05, 2012
Orikinla: Imagine your slender sweetheart now looking like an elephant in jeans.
Or your once dashing romeo now a pot bellied sweaty bull.

wao.funny
Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by chukxy44(m): 7:13am On Nov 05, 2012
I have given this quite a lot of thought in the past and my simple conclusion was simple. Forget the look now, look for the inner charm, and if you are so particular about looks and aging analysis closely observe her parents (most especially if they are old) that wud provide the answers u need.
Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by ektbear: 8:34am On Nov 05, 2012
My hope is to one day find a woman I love, so that I'll still be attracted to her when she is old. Unfortunately up until this point in my life, all I have really known is lust.
Re: How Does Aging Affect Your Love Life? by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 05, 2012
When I was younger, after 13 rounds, I'm only just warming up, but nowadays, 2 rounds and I'm done sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

18+. See How Some Churches Are Celebrating Valentine (photos) / Nobody Can Abuse My Yansh Again Because This One Is Bigger – Moyo Lawal (pics) / See What I Did To My Madam. ( I'm in trouble)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.