Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,935 members, 7,956,515 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:10 PM

Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now (25743 Views)

7 Bad Habits That Can Destroy Your Relationship With Your Partner / Why Having Male Besties Will Affect Your Relationship Negatively / Annoying Boyfriend Habits That Girls Hate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by entadaplace1: 11:29am On Oct 14, 2013
People who are afraid to show emotion or, for that matter, initiate conversation—might be described as wallflowers.

1. Abandonment

People who cling to others because they’re afraid of being left and don’t feel important relationships will last. They’re usually attracted to partners who cannot be there in a committed way

2. Emotional Deprivation

Most of the time, these patients haven’t had someone to nurture them, to care deeply about everything that happens to them or someone who was tuned in to their true feelings and needs

3. Entitlement

Those who hate to be constrained or kept from doing what they want or feel that they shouldn’t have to follow the normal rules and conventions other people do

4. Defectiveness

People who think they’re unworthy of the love, attention, and respect of others and believe that no matter how hard they try, they won’t be able to get a significant partner to respect them or feel they are worthwhile.

5. Subjugation

In relationships, these people let the other person have the upper hand and worry a lot about pleasing other people so they won’t be rejected.

6. Unrelenting Standards

People who must be the best at most of what they do and feel there is constant pressure to achieve and get things done. Their relationships suffer because they push themselves so hard.

7. Mistrust/Abuse

Those who feel that they cannot let their guard down in the presence of other people, or else that person will intentionally hurt them. If someone acts nicely toward them, they assume that he/she must be after something.

8. Self-Sacrifice

People who puts others’ needs before their own, or else they feel guilty, and usually end up taking care of the people they’re close to.

9. Social Isolation

Individuals who don’t think that they relate well to other people and/or feel that they don’t fit in with any sort of group.

10. Dependence

People who often feel helpless or aren’t capable of making a decision without the aid of another person.

11. Vulnerability to Harm or Illness

Hypochondriacs and/or those who consistently fear that they will be involved in a catastrophe like an airplane crash or hurricane.

12. Enmeshment

Young’s patients who have a weak sense of personal identity and habitually cling to or “mesh” with other people do so in order to feel like a complete person.

http://www./18-childhood-habits-that-affect-your-relationship-now/

1 Like

Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by edirects: 11:36am On Oct 14, 2013
Habit: For girls, like putting gums at the back of your ear after chewing it (to be chewed later)

Probable effect: Recycling of groundnut oil to fry AKARA and PLAINTAIN daily for over two months.

Long term effect: May likely use engine oil for frying someday... who knows?

By the way, first to COMMENT... (or is it "coment" sef?) English tire me booo.

10 Likes

Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by Clemzy16(m): 3:08pm On Oct 14, 2013
My childhood habit is quite different. It's affecting my relationship positively. When i was younger, i was stubborn, cocky, a chauvinist and perhaps a pervert. Then i used to do alot of runz with girls. sometimes i'll go call girls for guys who will pay me peanut just to bang those girls later. Even a childhood friend of mind got a girl pregnant and they had to abort the child. We moved out of that area and soon enough everything began to change. My new home was quite boring, it wasen't fun like my formal area so i decided not to keep any friends around. Well to cut the long story short. now i'm less stubborn, i don't look for people's trouble.i can't even remember the last time i fought, i don't keep bad company, i'm just living a modest life.Unlike before when i used to be free with babes, now if see a girl i like so much i'll be scared to approach her. I think my new life changed my mentality of wanting to be a player when i was young. Sometimes i reminisce about those days and i still can't believe how much i've changed.

5 Likes

Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by Ruq: 3:08pm On Oct 14, 2013
I agree with some of the ish here i see why i'm single

1 Like

Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by Zammydagreat(m): 3:09pm On Oct 14, 2013
Love
Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by ceasarpoetic(m): 3:09pm On Oct 14, 2013
u ar not far 4rm d truth....nd itz nt a lie.
Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by Sammyashol(m): 3:10pm On Oct 14, 2013
Na true ooo.
1st page
Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by Okijajuju1(m): 3:10pm On Oct 14, 2013
PLAYSTATION...

5 Likes

Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by ZURYZEST(m): 3:10pm On Oct 14, 2013
Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by Ediss(m): 3:10pm On Oct 14, 2013
I have just only one bad habit and its making my relationship more loving grin
Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by harthonder(m): 3:11pm On Oct 14, 2013
Where should i comment?
Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by aventura: 3:11pm On Oct 14, 2013
early sex

1 Like

Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by ameer2: 3:12pm On Oct 14, 2013
Ok
Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by Ediss(m): 3:12pm On Oct 14, 2013
what's that bad habit I have again oooo, I can't fine it any more wink
Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by kattyagbagidi(f): 3:12pm On Oct 14, 2013
plssss I no go do embarassed ok, next year.
Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by COvo(m): 3:13pm On Oct 14, 2013
Mummy showed me too much love.Now I'm so so Romantic and she's gone crazy!YEAH!
No 13,I'm gettin dere.

1 Like

Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by Willgates(m): 3:13pm On Oct 14, 2013
angry
Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by jazinogold(m): 3:14pm On Oct 14, 2013
police and thief...ere momi ati daddygrin

2 Likes

Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by alfredo4u(m): 3:14pm On Oct 14, 2013
Eating alone

And

Fighting

3 Likes

Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by Gifted4all(m): 3:17pm On Oct 14, 2013
This write up is true for those that dont know their worth.
Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by Lilimax(f): 3:18pm On Oct 14, 2013
Social Isolation- I keep to myself a lot.
But I've really worked on myself in this area wink.

1 Like

Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by Qsscruz(m): 3:19pm On Oct 14, 2013
Business before pleasure mentality.. I was brought up to believe that women and business doesn't mix.. Money first bit*ches later#

2 Likes

Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by royale442(m): 3:19pm On Oct 14, 2013
Like if u pee on the side of the toilet to make less noise.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 14, 2013
edirects: .

Seriously,is dis all you ve got?..

Smh..this FTC tin is rily mkn som peeps go gaga

Bk 2 †ђξ topic: Guilty of no9..stil workin on it
Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by Wizdray: 3:22pm On Oct 14, 2013
Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by shevi4mb(m): 3:25pm On Oct 14, 2013
ANGER!!! angryANGER!!!
Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by TVTKOKO(m): 3:26pm On Oct 14, 2013
Dah no 8 i think say na self sarvice oh grin
Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by Sermwell(m): 3:29pm On Oct 14, 2013
V
Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by abubaka101: 3:30pm On Oct 14, 2013
I think numbers 8 & 9 hav a powerful effect...
Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 14, 2013
Masturrbation... My friend and course back then is a victim!!
Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 14, 2013
Re: Childhood Habits That Affect Your Relationship Now by excell12go(m): 3:35pm On Oct 14, 2013
Kinda true tho

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guys Are Always Too Quick To Assume That We Ladies Are Crazy! / If You Truly Love Your Girlfriend, Use Her Picture As Your DP On Valentine's Day / Six Cars Or Six Packs? Nigerian Ladies Choose (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.