Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,973 members, 7,952,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:13 AM

Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking (2787 Views)

Questions For Anti-tithers(frosbel, Goshen360, Pastor Kun Etc.) / Pastor Kun, Goshen, Frosbel And Everyone: Your Views On Gbile Akaani's Teachings / Pator Kun , Bookmark And Ijawkid, Let Us Discuss The Pre-existence Of JESUS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by CrazyMan(m): 4:48pm On Nov 07, 2012
I think I would subscribe to pastor's kun out burst on the so called MOGs....

They all seem to be practicing christianity not the commandment God asked them to keep...(Love thine neighbour as thy self)

Look at it this way...

If Jesus was a christian, Bodyguards would have barricaded him, the woman with the issue of blood wouldn't have got her healing.

The woman in Samaria would continually thirst,
Because he has ethnic preference.

The merchants in church would bring tithe and returns.

He would have rejected the poor widow's offering.

He would have built universities his members can't afford.

In his 'holiness', he won't wash the dirty feet of his disciples.

For his reverence, he won't sleep in the streets.

Miracles would be public spectacles,

Lazarus would have paid a handful to be raised from the dead.

He would have sold his soul to the devil, for the riches of the world.

He would send the 'holy ghost' fire, to cremate judas,

He would have used the courts, to block the pains of the cross.

He wouldn't have asked God to forgive, the mob that cursed and killed him.

he would never have died like a thief, to bring humanity everlasting relief.

Oyedepo and co should learn from the lifestyle of Jesus...christianity isn't about buying private jets collecting tithes and building universities.

Its about love...

3 Likes

Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by PastorKun(m): 5:02pm On Nov 07, 2012
teeo: Keep wasting ur time speaking gibberish. Tithe paying is scriptural case closed

Whilst giving of tithes is scriptural, it was NEVER addressed to new testament christains as we are not under the law, that is apart from the fact that the type of tithes preached today is unscriptural as we all know that scriptural tithes was not money. A very grave sin of twisting the word of God was done to arrive at the type of false tithing being preached today.
Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by flairlady(f): 6:41pm On Nov 07, 2012
is it scriptural to give an offering to connect with a prophesy?the bigger the amount,the stronger the connection?
Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by PastorKun(m): 6:48pm On Nov 07, 2012
flairlady: is it scriptural to give an offering to connect with a prophesy?the bigger the amount,the stronger the connection?

Completely un scriptural! Even though our religious merchants regularly twist scriptures to imply thus.
Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by CrazyMan(m): 6:49pm On Nov 07, 2012
flairlady: is it scriptural to give an offering to connect with a prophesy?the bigger the amount,the stronger the connection?
That's what your pastors tell you...and you'll fooolishly give your hard earned sweat to them.

Truth is that God isn't interested in your money...he wants your heart...therefore detach yourself from churches that demand for miracle offering.
Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by ogoamaka99(m): 8:56pm On Nov 07, 2012
Pastor Kun:

If it is not very obvious to you from what i have posted, then i am sorry i can't help you as your case may be beyond redemption however for the benefit of others, oyedepo for instance preaches the false prsoperity gospel. He preaches religion as a way to become rich. However this is contrary to scriptures as clearly stated in 1 timothy 6:5 which i qouted ealier. Secondly are you denying the fact that both oyedepo and oyaks come up with different stories and scams to extort money from their followers contrary to what is in the scriptures?

@ pastor kun,
I am really sorry, your major problem is mind set, you have a mind set against the two men. You quoted some verses of scriptures but FAIL to explain how the verses are related to the ministry of the two men. All you said are your personal opinion and these opinion are FALSE does not hold water AND INSIGNIFICANT. You are hurting yourself thinking you are hurting Oyedepo. It is foolishness to think that you will bring down a concrete wall with your bare foot.

Millions of men and women whose lives had been touched and transformed will look at your opinion as nonsense. I will say that the reason why you have the negative opinion about MOG especially Oyedepo and pastor Chris is because you are operating in a natural rheme. 1Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1Cor 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
1Cor 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by PastorKun(m): 10:26pm On Nov 07, 2012
ogoamaka99:
@ pastor kun,
I am really sorry, your major problem is mind set, you have a mind set against the two men. You quoted some verses of scriptures but FAIL to explain how the verses are related to the ministry of the two men. All you said are your personal opinion and these opinion are FALSE does not hold water AND INSIGNIFICANT. You are hurting yourself thinking you are hurting Oyedepo. It is foolishness to think that you will bring down a concrete wall with your bare foot.

Millions of men and women whose lives had been touched and transformed will look at your opinion as nonsense. I will say that the reason why you have the negative opinion about MOG especially Oyedepo and pastor Chris is because you are operating in a natural rheme. 1Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1Cor 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
1Cor 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

You are entitled to your deluded opinion, fact remains the bible has already condemned your idols and other religious merchants like them.
Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by PastorKun(m): 10:28pm On Nov 07, 2012
*multiple post
Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by PastorKun(m): 10:35pm On Nov 07, 2012
*multiple post
Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by PastorKun(m): 10:37pm On Nov 07, 2012
*multiple post
Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by PastorKun(m): 10:39pm On Nov 07, 2012
*multiple post
Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by PastorKun(m): 10:39pm On Nov 07, 2012
*multiple post
Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by PastorKun(m): 10:41pm On Nov 07, 2012
*multiple post
Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by PastorKun(m): 10:42pm On Nov 07, 2012
*multiple post
Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by PastorKun(m): 10:44pm On Nov 07, 2012
*multiple post
Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by truthislight: 12:37am On Nov 08, 2012
Pastor Kun:

You are entitled to your deluded opinion, fact remains the bible has already condemned your idols and other religious merchants like them.
Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by truthislight: 12:39am On Nov 08, 2012
Pastor Kun:

i think you have made your case here.

The fact that nuclear boy identify Ugoamaka as a woman but she has an ID that says male shows that she is a fraud.
Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by Nobody: 12:53am On Nov 08, 2012
truthislight:

The fact that nuclear boy identify Ugoamaka as a woman but she has an ID that says male shows that she is a fraud.

Yes, she committed fraud on her profile page. Would she try that on her CV?

The profile page is meaningless and so, we overlook it but a CV has consequences.

Prophesying as a preacher also has consequences. If god is guiding your prophecy, it shouldnt be wrong or else god is false
Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by Gracious10: 1:15am On Nov 08, 2012
Pastor Kun:

You must reall be pissed to have posted multiple times.

I don't know where this argument started, am not here to change your mind cos I was that Myopic until I knew better.

All I get from your writeup is immense anger that these men of God are rich. I would also like to draw your attention to the fact that MOG are not mapped out for the poverty mission.
For the fact that you are a Christian doesn't make u poor.

You sound like you would have believed them better if they were poor and never preached prosperity. I still don't know when that part became a taboo for Christian/MOG.

I would also draw your attention to the fact that these men are BIz owners with divers well profiting businesses apart from the congregation they pastor.

Also the issue of tithing that you are crying about is biblical and I for one is reaping from obeying just that single principle! I knew what my Thomas of a life was before I saw better. Malachi 3:8-10. I was a rebel for all who paid tithe and the hatred you have for this issue wasn't more than mine.

Again because you read and interpret bible differently doesn't make the word of God lies. Heb 7:5. tithes are for priests and if a single MOG has more than enough members which means he is touching lives and people are paying attention to him. So he gets more tithe. Know it also that there are pastors who have been in ministry for years yet they still struggling with 20 members. Some also get into where they are not called cos the call of God comes with specific gifts, some can pray for healing while others deliverance.
The person with gift for deliverance cannot take the place.of that for healing. If Oyedepo mandate is prosperity, then that's what is it and as you have observed no pastor has beaten him to it. Those who ridiculed him are beginning to add that teaching to their messages. No Christian is meant to be poor. Christ died that I may have life and have it abundantly and prosperity is definitely included.

Also if these things were not working for individuals in his congregation, they wouldn't heed his teachings neither are they being forced to give. Know also all these things are done in faith, if one person makes a seed offering with faith, receives their healing and the other doesn't, whose fault do you think it is? ( I have personally asked a MOG to give me back my seed offering cos what I prayed for didnt happen) but you know, the bible says my people perish cos of lack of knowledge. I had thought because I gave all that money, there should be answers but God is not mocked, whatever u sow you reap! If you sow faithlessness, you reap unanswered prayers.

If you feel everyone of us is deluded then you got more work on your hands. While you are busy trying to cure our deluded minds, we are busy basking in the promises of Christ.
Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by truthislight: 3:28am On Nov 08, 2012
Gracious10:

I don't know where this argument started, am not here to change your mind cos I was that Myopic until I knew better.

All I get from your writeup is immense anger that these men of God are rich. I would also like to draw your attention to the fact that MOG are not mapped out for the poverty mission.

You sound like you would have believed them better if they were poor and never preached prosperity. I still don't know when that part became a taboo for Christian/MOG.

I would also draw your attention to the fact that these men are BIz owners with divers well profiting businesses apart from the congregation they pastor.

Also the issue of tithing that you are crying about is biblical and I for one is reaping from obeying just that single principle! I knew what my Thomas of a life was before I saw better. Malachi 3:8-10. I was a rebel for all who paid tithe and the hatred you have for this issue wasn't more than mine.

Again because you read and interpret bible differently doesn't make the word of God lies. Heb 7:5. tithes are for priests and if a single MOG has more than enough members which means he is touching lives and people are paying attention to him. So he gets more tithe. Know it also that there are pastors who have been in ministry for years yet they still struggling with 20 members. Some also get into where they are not called cos the call of God comes with specific gifts, some can pray for healing while others deliverance.
The person with gift for deliverance cannot take the place.of that for healing. If Oyedepo mandate is prosperity, then that's what is it and as you have observed no pastor has beaten him to it. Those who ridiculed him are beginning to add that teaching to their messages. No Christian is meant to be poor. Christ died that I may have life and have it abundantly and prosperity is definitely included.

Also if these things were not working for individuals in his congregation, they wouldn't heed his teachings neither are they being forced to give. Know also all these things are done in faith, if one person makes a seed offering with faith, receives their healing and the other doesn't, whose fault do you think it is? ( I have personally asked a MOG to give me back my seed offering cos what I prayed for didnt happen) but you know, the bible says my people perish cos of lack of knowledge. I had thought because I gave all that money, there should be answers but God is not mocked, whatever u sow you reap! If you sow faithlessness, you reap unanswered prayers.

If you feel everyone of us is deluded then you got more work on your hands. While you are busy trying to cure our deluded minds, we are busy basking in the promises of Christ.

@ pastor kunle

you have struck a "neve"

Please keep the flag flying.

Our brothers needs to be set free from this greedy shepherd, they have been "skined and thrown away"
without food.

all the sheep has to keep warm is it skin, but it has been collect and yet they are not fed SPIRITUALY.
Jesus said.
Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by PastorKun(m): 6:26am On Nov 08, 2012
*multiple post
Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by PastorKun(m): 6:26am On Nov 08, 2012
*multiple post
Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by PastorKun(m): 6:29am On Nov 08, 2012
*multiple post
Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by ogoamaka99(m): 7:11am On Nov 08, 2012
Logicboy03:

Yes, she committed fraud on her profile page. Would she try that on her CV?

The profile page is meaningless and so, we overlook it but a CV has consequences.

Prophesying as a preacher also has consequences. If god is guiding your prophecy, it shouldnt be wrong or else god is false
truthislight:

@logicBOY AND truth is light,
Please this discussion here are for matured men and not for KIDS(SMALL BOYS). When MEN are talking you have to keep quit. It is what i call your BOYISH ATTITUDE that make you KIDS to interrupt men when they are arguing by introducing irrelevances in a thread. BOY OH BOYS learn not to interrupt men when they are talking, it is a bad attitude.
Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by PastorKun(m): 7:19am On Nov 08, 2012
Gracious10:

Your case is really bad and i don't know were to start with you but i can say you are a typical product of the poisonous gospel oyedepo and his cohorts are selling. Who gave oyedpeo the mandate to preach prosperity gospel? Is prosperity gospel infact biblical if scriptures are read in proper context and not twisted? Does that mandate include twisting of scriptures to support it? Does it include fleecing off believers? The fact that a preacher is popular is not a sign that God is blessing his ministry(list of certified popular false prophets in history is endless) . This is becos people flock after preachers that tell what what their itchy ears want to hear. Jesus christ said there is a way that seems right but it leads to destruction; this is the oyedepo and oyakhilome way. They tell people what they want to hear, they sell false hope whilst they collect their own benefit in cold hard cash upfront.

What do you understand by tithes? How does the bible define it? Who or what is it meant for? Is it applicable to new testment believers? Are christians permitted to keep the mosaic laws? Is the type of tithing being peddled today the same as the biblical one? Is it right to twist the word of God to justify monetary tithing from income? Answer all these questions to yourself honestly and you may also wish to read deut 14:22-29 to learn more about biblical tithes then read hebrews 7: 5-19 to see were tithing was brought to an end (verse 11&12) and were it was described as a weak useless and unprofitable law in verse 18&19. If you have any questions i would gladly answer them but first you have to go back to the bible and purge your mind of all the false teachings the likes of Oyedepo have been peddling.
Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 08, 2012
SMH, now we are not under the law as regards tithe. Then we shouldnt be under the 10commandments anymore. All we have to do is just love God and our neighbours simple. Thats how ur theology imply
Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by PastorKun(m): 7:38am On Nov 08, 2012
teeo: SMH, now we are not under the law as regards tithe. Then we shouldnt be under the 10commandments anymore. All we have to do is just love God and our neighbours simple. Thats how ur theology imply

Another exhibition of ignorance, there is a mojor difference between the ten commandments and the over 600 mosaic laws of which tithing is one of them. It is the mosaic laws that where repealed. they were never meant for christians to observe else you would still be doing burnt offerings today.

Romans 10:4 For Christ brought the law to an end, so that everyone who believes is put right with God.

Matthew 7: 12 Do for others what you want them them to do for you: this is the meaning of the Law of Moses and the teacchings of the prophets.

Romans 13:8-10
8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,”and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

@Teeo
I hope the above quoted scriptures answer your query sufficiently
Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by PastorKun(m): 7:44am On Nov 08, 2012
For those who insist on keeping the tithe ordinance or other parts of the law.

Galatians 3:10-11

10 For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.” 11 Clearly no one who relies on the law is justified before God, because “the righteous will live by faith.”

Galatians 5:4

4 You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.
Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by truthislight: 8:08am On Nov 08, 2012
ogoamaka99:

@logicBOY AND truth is light,
Please this discussion here are for matured men and not for KIDS(SMALL BOYS). When MEN are talking you have to keep quit. It is what i call your BOYISH ATTITUDE that make you KIDS to interrupt men when they are arguing by introducing irrelevances in a thread. BOY OH BOYS learn not to interrupt men when they are talking, it is a bad attitude.

why do most women react like this?
Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by Zikkyy(m): 8:56am On Nov 08, 2012
Gracious10:
Also if these things were not working for individuals in his congregation, they wouldn't heed his teachings neither are they being forced to give.

You assume people are cooperating only because it's working for them? That's wrong. If you conduct a survey of the % of prosperous vs. % of not prosperous, you will find that it's not working for a larger % of the peeps that believe in prosperity teachings.
Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by ogoamaka99(m): 9:15am On Nov 08, 2012
Pastor Kun: For those who insist on keeping the tithe ordinance or other parts of the law.

Galatians 3:10-11

10 For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.” 11 Clearly no one who relies on the law is justified before God, because “the righteous will live by faith.”

Galatians 5:4

4 You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.
@ pastor kun,
See how you are exhibiting your ignorance of the scripture contradicting and condemning yourself. The scripture is not complete without the old testament and going by your presenting above, obeying instruction from the old testament is obeying the law and is under condemnation.

You see, you are the one living under the curse going by the verse you quoted above Gal 3:10b "for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them." So when you refuse to obey the instruction of the scripture you are under a curse.
Re: Sorry Pastor Kun, i am Just Asking by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 08, 2012
ogoamaka99:
@ pastor kun,
See how you are exhibiting your ignorance of the scripture contradicting and condemning yourself. The scripture is not complete without the old testament and going by your presenting above, obeying instruction from the old testament is obeying the law and is under condemnation.

You see, you are the one living under the curse going by the verse you quoted above Gal 3:10b "for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them." So when you refuse to obey the instruction of the scripture you are under a curse.

God wld bless u. They accuse people of twisting scriptures and they the same. We should just ignore the whole Old testament because it doesnt suit them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

20 Ondo Youths Die From Strange Illnesses Due To Sacrilege Done To Molokun, God / Can Freewill Exist Alongside An Omnipresent God? / Human Life Circle In Pictures: Which Stage Are You Currently?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.