Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? (3194 Views)

Top 8 Experienced Words Of Advice For Everlasting Love / 7 Reasons Why Test Of Sexual Capability Before Marriage Leads To Marital Crisis / The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? by eldoradoxx: 7:09pm On Nov 04, 2012
Most lawyers often see themselves as sort of special breeds, even if their shoes have worn out and their suit washed from black to sun tanned brown! They re loud mouthed, boastful, egocentric and see every other non lawyers are semi literates or completely "unlearned". But this attributes seem nothing compared to the agony of living with a female Nigerian practicing lawyer as a wife, it seems in most cases compared to only the agony of living in hell for eternity. A family friend was sent to his early grave in his late 40s because his lawyer wife gave him hell and he succumbed to stroke and died. He was a perfect gentle man! My bossom childhood friend is passing through a trauma of a marriage with his lawyer wife currently. He is now the shadow of a friend I grew up with! I have heard of several other bitter tales from unlucky men who married from the high percentage of insurbordinate, obstinate, domineering, complex and irritable league of lawyers. Wonder why most of them remain unmarried!!! This has forced me to ask the above rhetoric, IS Marriage to a female lawyer always a first class ticket to a hell of a marriage! Guys what are your views!!!

1 Like

Re: Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 04, 2012
They are quick to use the law to Bleep you up.
Re: Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? by Mynd44: 7:51pm On Nov 04, 2012
So because they married the wrong women does not mean you should condemn an entire profession

2 Likes

Re: Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? by eldoradoxx: 8:06pm On Nov 04, 2012
Mynd_44: So because they married the wrong women does not mean you should condemn an entire profession
I thought that I said that it is "most" female lawyers and not all members of the profession

1 Like

Re: Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? by Amya(f): 8:25pm On Nov 04, 2012
Oh, so now we stop stereotyping women and Nigerian women and start stereotyping nigeria women lawyers? What next . . .
Re: Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? by Mynd44: 8:42pm On Nov 04, 2012
Amya: Oh, so now we stop stereotyping women and Nigerian women and start stereotyping nigeria women lawyers? What next . . .
that's the new thing now
Re: Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? by odumdesmond: 9:52pm On Nov 04, 2012
It is not the profession but the personality of the woman! I guess law only helps the women to feel liberated which most African women are not. Therefor their husbands feel threatened by that!
Re: Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? by mamagee3(f): 9:55pm On Nov 04, 2012
What does a woman's profession have to do with her personality

1 Like

Re: Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 04, 2012
rubbish
Re: Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? by amefi(m): 5:41pm On Nov 05, 2012
Interesting! I am currently having a marriage negotiations with one at the moment. Let's hear from those that have them as wives before i enter marriage once chance bus oooo
Re: Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? by fairygeh(f): 6:08pm On Nov 05, 2012
Oh gosh,what is this?its an issue of personality and has nothing to do with the profession.except some pple practice law in their houses,I dnt see why dis is an issue.A Person's character stands irrespective of whatever profession.pastor,nurse,doctor,lawyer,farmer.oooo ooh pleaseeeee angrytaking this realy personal
Re: Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 05, 2012
If you think d female lawyers are too dangerous to marry, why don't u try d professional full house wife and see which one sends u to ur premature grave faster among the two. Female lawyers are not that bad, all u need to learn is ow to beat them at their own game.
Re: Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? by deshclones(m): 7:01pm On Nov 05, 2012
Bullshit .....am about to start a fruitful relationship with one at the moment and so far so good she has proved herself in some key areas...guess the reason people run from female lawyers is because they are principled ,know their rights and are well exposed and exude immense confidence...no biggy..i dont even want to marry a woman that lacks confidence and doesn't know what she wants...and it depends alot on personality sha....the worst form of wives are house wives...sit at home all day waiting for you to come home and fcck despite the long hours a man spends to eke out a living..housewives are very troublesome..geeez tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? by Mynd44: 7:36pm On Nov 05, 2012
This thread is just poo
Re: Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? by dabrake(m): 7:40pm On Nov 05, 2012
deshclones: Bullshit .....am about to start a fruitful relationship with one at the moment and so far so good she has proved herself in some key areas...guess the reason people run from female lawyers is because they are principled ,know their rights and are well exposed and exude immense confidence...no biggy..i dont even want to marry a woman that lacks confidence and doesn't know what she wants...and it depends alot on personality sha....the worst form of wives are house wives...sit at home all day waiting for you to come home and fcck despite the long hours a man spends to eke out a living..housewives are very troublesome..geeez tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
hmm. boys are 'upgrading'
Re: Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? by mumumugu(m): 8:00pm On Nov 05, 2012
My uncle is maried to a lawyer for 18 years now. She is humble and submisive to my uncle but barks at his husband political enemies and detect 419 ner wu try to dupe him.she is a blesin

2 Likes

Re: Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? by doeeyed: 9:11pm On Nov 05, 2012
Character character character.
Main defining factor... not profession!!!

Can marry a pharmacist who could slowly poison you...
Or an accountant who cleans you out systematically with no recourse to legal aid
Or an engineer who can stage lethal "home accidents"....
Or a mechanic who messes up your brakes

Need I go on!!!

Character character character!!
Re: Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 05, 2012
when she actually starts working u still have something to complain about...useless thread
Re: Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 06, 2012
Re: Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 06, 2012
Re: Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? by Mynd44: 1:21pm On Nov 06, 2012
How about female engineers
Re: Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? by Yasmeena(f): 11:19am On Feb 01, 2013
What a dumb way of reasoning...! @OP. Guys who are scared of dating or marrying female lawyers are actually scared coz of dia high level of inferiority complex n d knowledge dat they're not on d same page, I.Q wise... Iron sharpeneth iron, its only a confident and responsible guy dat can realise d value of having a female practicing lawyer as a wife. smiley dias no way u can convince a monkey dat strawberry is sweeter than banana!
Re: Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? by stpat1(m): 11:24am On Feb 01, 2013
I think their profession gets to their head.
Re: Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? by Mynd44: 12:28pm On Feb 01, 2013
stpat1: I think their profession gets to their head.
I think you need to stop living in 1925

2 Likes

Re: Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? by trixandra(f): 1:28pm On Feb 01, 2013
Mynd_44:
Re: Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? by trixandra(f): 1:28pm On Feb 01, 2013
Mynd_44:
Seriously....
Re: Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? by trixandra(f): 1:30pm On Feb 01, 2013
Mynd_44:
Re: Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? by stpat1(m): 4:44pm On Feb 01, 2013
Mynd_44:

How do you mean? I am not against it or anything, I am just telling you. I am also not trying to generalise it, cos that will be limiting but I have a first hand experience of lawyers cos I have too many of them around me. Either s friends and families.

Its a natural thing, Engineers naturally want to fix things around, lawyers will always want to prove you you that they are the learned ones? My Dad, Uncle, Elder brother, some friends and Fiancee are all lawyers and I see the same traits in them all though at different degrees.

I try as much as possible to drive in the same car with my Dad, Elder brother and some of my friends because I don't like the way they argue with the Police, Sometimes I get scared that they might shoot in Anger grin. I have also dated lawyers and damn, they want to prove the human right in everything. In all I have said, I never mention that what they are doing is wrong, but just that sometime you just have to let some things go.
Re: Is Marrying A Female Practicing Lawyer A Recipe For Everlasting Marital Doom? by hrykanu231(m): 11:29pm On Feb 01, 2013
Op, u are not far 4m the truth. I once dated a female lawyer and ma house became a "semi-court room" objections and counter claims was the order of the day. Thank goodness I had 2 call it quit(it was almost not easy doing that 2)

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Would You Go Out With This babe/guy? / Sex Starved Wife / NCAN (NAME CHECKERS) MEMBERS ONLY!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.