Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,990 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle - Autos (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle (129100 Views)

Valvoline Dexron VI Fully Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluids- Book Now! / Honda Accord Eod Parts (air Bags And Transmission Fluids (atf). / SOLD Original Honda Dw-1 Atf Automatic Transmission Fluids SOLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by VICTOFX(m): 4:03am On Aug 04, 2014
well done bro, n a happy new month to all. bro my Nissan premera 2.0 s clutch is sticking to the ground, n it started since my clutch cable cut, n I changed it. what do I have to do or instruct d mechanic to check?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Kingsyze: 7:21am On Aug 04, 2014
Pls wch transmission fluid is recommended for Mazda cx7?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 3:46pm On Aug 04, 2014
ATF MV is the ideal oil for your Mazda and our pureguard is very ideal for the transmission.

Victofx, I will let you know later
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 8:07am On Aug 11, 2014
Good Morning, Everyone. Total has just introduced their Dexron 111 transmission fluid according to an email sent to me by their Lubricant Manager. At least no more Dexron 11D to battle with. Caution! The fluid is meant for vehicles that requires Dexron 111 only. Also there is a new synthetic engine oil that has been silently reinvigorating the auto repairs industry. It is called RYMCO. It has 5w30 and 5w40 all fully synthetic. Since Oando is still delaying to bring out their synthetic oil, I recommend this Engine oil. It is sold in Lagos by Automaze Nigeria Limited, the Automedics people. They also have 20w50 for those that prefer that grade and the prices are good, very good.

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by arcis: 9:15pm On Aug 29, 2014
please which ATF oil can i use for 1999 toyota camry (tiny light/pencil) and which oil will you recommend.

Thank you.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 4:47am On Aug 31, 2014
arcis: please which ATF oil can i use for 1999 toyota camry (tiny light/pencil) and which oil will you recommend.
Thank you.
Dexron 11/111. Mobil is Dexron 11e, Oando, Total and MRS is Dexron 111. Use Oando. It is sold for N1000 a litre. Total is N1450 while MRS is N1400. If you want the best for your engine, use synthetic oil also from TOTAL, FORTE
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Templa(m): 12:39am On Sep 19, 2014
Good job sooper .....which engine oil type do u recommend for 2005 highlander?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 10:36am On Sep 19, 2014
Templa: Good job sooper .....which engine oil type do u recommend for 2005 highlander?
Synthetic oil. 5w 30 or 5w 40, ie, Total q9000, Forte
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by turnamaze: 10:14pm On Sep 26, 2014
Please i need the atf+4. how can i get it?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 1:54am On Sep 27, 2014
Pureguard synthetic transmission fluid is compatible with ATF plus 4 which is for Chrysler vehicles. We have it in Lagos, Abuja. Call 08098534267
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Macmilla(m): 3:09am On Sep 27, 2014
LarryTay: Good afternoon. I was searching the net to find a way of resolving the challenge I notice this morning on my car when I stumbled on your previous mail-thread and how you have helped Nairalanders. On my way to work this morning, I noticed that the drive light "grin" of the car (Honda Pilot 2003) started blinking on its own. I parked the car, off the engine and restarted, then the blinking stopped. However, please confirm if it has to do with transmission fluid and kindly advise me on where and how I can get the right one for the car (Honda Pilot 2003) I live in Lagos. Thank you. (my email address is aydought@yahoo.com)
I have the exact same problem as above but on Honda Accord 2001. I'd like to know your advice.
Also, I will like to know if I can get ATF-Z1 in Asaba, Delta state, where I stay.
My mail address is lastof4brothers@ymail.com
Thanks
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Macmilla(m): 3:53am On Sep 27, 2014
Please how do I get ATF-Z1 or ATF DW1 for my Honda accord 2001, in Asaba, Delta state? Do you have any shop in or near Asaba?
I have already sent you a mail and the site doesn't seem to be responding well.
Please reply ASAP, the life of my gearbox depends on it. (lastof4brothers@ymail.com)
Thanks for the wonderful work you are doing here.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 10:27am On Sep 27, 2014
Pureguard will work with your Honda. We dont have any outlet in Asaba but we can send it down to you. ATFZ1 has been discontinued so no need to look for it.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Macmilla(m): 2:06pm On Sep 27, 2014
sooperrescue: Pureguard will work with your Honda. We dont have any outlet in Asaba but we can send it down to you. ATFZ1 has been discontinued so no need to look for it.
I'm using Mobil ATF 220 and I feel it's not good for it. How much does the pureguard cost? And how do I get it? My email is still as stated above in case you don't want to talk business here.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 9:26pm On Sep 27, 2014
You cant use Dexron 11 on any Honda. except those before 1996. I will send you the reply by mail
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Macmilla(m): 12:05am On Sep 29, 2014
sooperrescue: You cant use Dexron 11 on any Honda. except those before 1996. I will send you the reply by mail
I'm still waiting for your mail bro.
In case the above mail is giving you issues, my second mail is lastof4brothers@gmail.com
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 3:29pm On Sep 29, 2014
I did reply. Let me send again
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Macmilla(m): 3:30pm On Sep 29, 2014
Gud day boss. How often should transmission fluid be changed?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Macmilla(m): 7:36pm On Sep 29, 2014
Please Mr. Sooperrescue, my Honda babyboy does not fire above 4000r/min whether the car is stationary or moving. Once the tachometer hits 4x1000r/min, the Engine starts jerking and will never pass that spot. Besides this, it drives normally. What could be responsible for this?
I also noticed that the sound of the car is a bit off.
Yet to change my tranny fluid, shaah.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 7:59pm On Sep 29, 2014
Transmission fluid are to be changed once in a year or every 15000 miles or 25000 kilometers. As for your second question, change your air filter. Let them scan the car to know the fault codes in the car and do change your transmission fluid.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Macmilla(m): 8:41pm On Sep 29, 2014
sooperrescue: Transmission fluid are to be changed once in a year or every 15000 miles or 25000 kilometers. As for your second question, change your air filter. Let them scan the car to know the fault codes in the car and do change your transmission fluid.
I took it to a workshop where the air filter was cleaned, spark plugs changed, fuel pump changed, and tranny fluid changed with mobil, yet problem persisted. They are now telling me to change nozzles. I don't want to change any other thing till I'm sure it will fix the problem.
I don't even know where to get a scan.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 10:31pm On Sep 29, 2014
They cleaned your air filter instead of changing it, they put Mobil atf instead of ATF Z1, they put any spark plug on your car instead of the original number meant for your vehicle, what about the fuel filter? Is there a check engine on your dashboard? Look for those mechs that own obd 11 scanners even if it is a hand held and then we will know what is wrong. Dont let mechanics without a scanner touch your car again, even if they wave to you, dont wave back. Cars have gone high tech and they have to move with the tide or they will end up with the 504s that they are used to. let me have the number written on the plugs they changed.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Macmilla(m): 11:58pm On Sep 29, 2014
sooperrescue: They cleaned your air filter instead of changing it, they put Mobil atf instead of ATF Z1, they put any spark plug on your car instead of the original number meant for your vehicle, what about the fuel filter? Is there a check engine on your dashboard? Look for those mechs that own obd 11 scanners even if it is a hand held and then we will know what is wrong. Dont let mechanics without a scanner touch your car again, even if they wave to you, dont wave back. Cars have gone high tech and they have to move with the tide or they will end up with the 504s that they are used to. let me have the number written on the plugs they changed.
1. I doubt if the air filter is the problem
2. I'm still waiting for ur mail concerning the tranny fluid.
3. I don't know much about spark plugs. I thought they are all the same. Just the variation in quality.
4. He only changed the fuel pump and the filter dt comes on it.
5. There is no check engine light on.
6. I don't know where to find the good technicians here in Asaba. I'm willing to drive to Onitsha only if I know who I'm going there to find. I wish someone can refer me to one.
7. I can't give you the number unless I have to go and loose the plugs from the car.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 12:06am On Sep 30, 2014
Can you drive to Benin? I will get someone to look at the car for you
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Macmilla(m): 12:08am On Sep 30, 2014
sooperrescue: Can you drive to Benin? I will get someone to look at the car for you
I don't mind, but I don't know my way around Benin. I'm also avoiding long distance movement with the car to avoid roadside breakdown.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by osunromade(m): 12:07pm On Oct 14, 2014
Thanks for the good work
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by osunromade(m): 12:09pm On Oct 14, 2014
Please I want to know the right ATF for sienna 2004 with about 117k mileage
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 5:52pm On Oct 14, 2014
type t1v. Pureguard works well with it
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by meetdopi(m): 8:22am On Oct 30, 2014
Hi bro, please what would you advise that I do? I have a '06 Pilot whose Drive D has started flashing intermittently now. I need your expert advise before I take it out to mechanics who may not have any clue about it. Thank you
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 12:43pm On Oct 30, 2014
There is a sensor by the side of the gear near the front left tyre. Change it and it will disappear. Hope you did not use any wrong oil?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by meetdopi(m): 6:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
I spoke to you this evening, Thank you so much for your advice. Hope to see you on Saturday.

sooperrescue:
There is a sensor by the side of the gear near the front left tyre. Change it and it will disappear. Hope you did not use any wrong oil?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by okadbest(m): 10:57am On Nov 20, 2014
Hi fellow Nairalanders,

Can anyone assist me with the best ATF for the RX300?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (41) (Reply)

Dealer Plate Numbers Are Available / Cheap Cotonou Car/suv Delivered To Nigeria By Hassan See Pictures / Come In For Your Comprehensive Vehicle History Report*+234-806-036-5068 With Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.