Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,982 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle - Autos (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle (129478 Views)

Valvoline Dexron VI Fully Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluids- Book Now! / Honda Accord Eod Parts (air Bags And Transmission Fluids (atf). / SOLD Original Honda Dw-1 Atf Automatic Transmission Fluids SOLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by victor54: 7:40am On Feb 07, 2019
Please I have a matrix 2004, the mechanic confirmed d transmission oil is low. He advised I should top up. Please what's ur take and what atf should be used?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 11:41am On Feb 07, 2019
victor54:
Please I have a matrix 2004, the mechanic confirmed d transmission oil is low. He advised I should top up. Please what's ur take and what atf should be used?
Total mvlv
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by victor54: 12:04pm On Feb 07, 2019
sooperrescue:

Total mvlv
Should I top up or change completely
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by NeyofeedNigEnt: 1:26pm On Feb 07, 2019
Please house.
I have a 2005 mercedes Benz ML.
The gear is working very good and select smoothly but sometimes I noticed some sound from d gear when I shift it to drive and no sound when shifted to neutral.
Today I checked the gear oil I noticed is somehow dirty.

What can be done pls
If I should change my oil which one is advisable?
Should I change the filter too or just d oil?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 5:16pm On Feb 08, 2019
victor54:

Should I top up or change completely
Drain completely, wash or change the gear filter and put fresh oil
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 5:18pm On Feb 08, 2019
NeyofeedNigEnt:
Please house.
I have a 2005 mercedes Benz ML.
The gear is working very good and select smoothly but sometimes I noticed some sound from d gear when I shift it to drive and no sound when shifted to neutral.
Today I checked the gear oil I noticed is somehow dirty.

What can be done pls
If I should change my oil which one is advisable?
Should I change the filter too or just d oil?
Change the oil and gear filter. Total atf is a dexron 6, it will be ideal for your car
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by NeyofeedNigEnt: 5:28pm On Feb 08, 2019
sooperrescue:

Change the oil and gear filter. Total atf is a dexron 6, it will be ideal for your car

Thank you so much Boss!

Some are saying changing the oil can cause gear failure.
Is that right?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by victor54: 5:34pm On Feb 08, 2019
sooperrescue:

Drain completely, wash or change the gear filter and put fresh oil
Thanks alot
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 7:21am On Feb 09, 2019
NeyofeedNigEnt:

Thank you so much Boss!

Some are saying changing the oil can cause gear failure.
Is that right?
To be on the safe side, change the oil when the car is cold, like after 3 hours. But it is a myth.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by weyreypey: 3:58am On Mar 04, 2019
sooperrescue:

To be on the safe side, change the oil when the car is cold, like after 3 hours. But it is a myth.
Gear gets hooked when downshifting from 4 to 3 and stays in 3 until a restart can dirty oil cause this?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 6:36am On Mar 04, 2019
weyreypey:

Gear gets hooked when downshifting from 4 to 3 and stays in 3 until a restart can dirty oil cause this?
Is it for the Benz? Change the oil and gear filter

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by niyoni: 11:17am On Mar 05, 2019
Hi @sooperrescue. Do you sell engine oils and transmission fluids? And do you have an outlet in Warri or Port Harcourt?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 12:30am On Mar 06, 2019
niyoni:
Hi @sooperrescue. Do you sell engine oils and transmission fluids? And do you have an outlet in Warri or Port Harcourt?
no, but I can recommend some to you if you tell me your car model
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by niyoni: 9:29am On Mar 06, 2019
sooperrescue:

no, but I can recommend some to you if you tell me your car model
I need 10 litres of direct American Mobil 1 5w30 fully synthetic engine oil. All I see in Mobil shops in Warri is 0w40. Any ideas where I can get what I want in Warri?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by dru23(m): 7:51pm On Mar 06, 2019
niyoni:

I need 10 litres of direct American Mobil 1 5w30 fully synthetic engine oil. All I see in Mobil shops in Warri is 0w40. Any ideas where I can get what I want in Warri?

https://www.nairaland.com/5055276/contact-number-all-mobil-1
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by niyoni: 8:11pm On Mar 06, 2019
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by dru23(m): 8:33pm On Mar 06, 2019
niyoni:

Thanks. Are you in Warri?

The business is based in Lagos.. You can call the number on the link.. And we can ship to warri ,and we ship out of Lagos frequently.. Give us a call
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Solatium(m): 9:24am On Mar 17, 2019
I drive 2008 Toyota Corolla, transmission vibrate at 80 but becomes normal immediately after 80.What do you suggest I do,as I read wrong ATF can cause this.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 7:16am On Mar 18, 2019
Solatium:
I drive 2008 Toyota Corolla, transmission vibrate at 80 but becomes normal immediately after 80.What do you suggest I do,as I read wrong ATF can cause this.
Did you use any brand that is not suitable for the car?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Solatium(m): 7:54am On Mar 18, 2019
sooperrescue:

Did you use any brand that is not suitable for the car?

I bought the Vehicle about a month ago and never know what the previous owner put in it, though the vehicle has not been in use regularly because he has multiple cars.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Awolowo86: 12:55pm On Mar 18, 2019
Please I use a Ford escape 2008, which ATF will be compatible with my engine?
Will Oando ATF be ok??
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 7:30pm On Mar 18, 2019
Solatium:

I bought the Vehicle about a month ago and never know what the previous owner put in it, though the vehicle has not been in use regularly because he has multiple cars.
Atf ws is the recommended oil. Use Total mvlv
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 7:30pm On Mar 18, 2019
Awolowo86:
Please I use a Ford escape 2008, which ATF will be compatible with my engine?
Will Oando ATF be ok??
No, it will not work. Use Total mvlv
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Solatium(m): 8:40am On Mar 19, 2019
sooperrescue:
Atf ws is the recommended oil. Use Total mvlv

Thanks bro
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by buddydway: 12:09pm On Apr 03, 2019
How to fix the Automatic Gear problem for my car
Mazda 626 EX, 1999/200 model American spec, my phone no:08038966347, living in Abuja. Please will appreciate your prompt response on this, thanx
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by ultrazone(m): 7:27pm On May 09, 2019
Please what's the recommended engine oil and gear oil for Mazda 6, 2004 model.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by wilblessed: 11:01pm On May 30, 2019
Pls I need the right atf for my Honda accord 2001.I am based in Lagos.pls assist.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 1:47pm On May 31, 2019
wilblessed:
Pls I need the right atf for my Honda accord 2001.I am based in Lagos.pls assist.
Total atf mvlv is suitable for DW1 and it is also backward compatible with ATF Z1. Go to Major Total Stations in Lagos
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by ultrazone(m): 5:48pm On May 31, 2019
ultrazone:
Please what's the recommended engine oil and gear oil for Mazda 6, 2004 model.
Please help.

[quote author=sooperrescue post=78892027
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 7:59pm On May 31, 2019
ultrazone:

Please help.

[quote author=sooperrescue post=78892027
Use the Total mvlv dexron 6 transmission fluid and look for many 5w30 engine oil that specifies gasoline engine only

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by MrBuzy: 8:43pm On May 31, 2019
Good day @sooperrescue. Please where can I get the original Honda DW1 for my Honda Odyssey 2002 Model. I changed the Gear two years ago and they said I should use Seahorse it will work. Now am changing Gear again.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by ultrazone(m): 10:48pm On May 31, 2019
[quote author=sooperrescue post=78903227][/quote]
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (41) (Reply)

Cheap Cotonou Car/suv Delivered To Nigeria By Hassan See Pictures / Dealer Plate Numbers Are Available / Come In For Your Comprehensive Vehicle History Report*+234-806-036-5068 With Pix

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.