Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,607 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle - Autos (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle (129359 Views)

Valvoline Dexron VI Fully Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluids- Book Now! / Honda Accord Eod Parts (air Bags And Transmission Fluids (atf). / SOLD Original Honda Dw-1 Atf Automatic Transmission Fluids SOLD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by erico2k2(m): 11:04am On Aug 27, 2019
sooperrescue:

Oh, that our autobiography? I cannot forget that beautiful ride. But how can you just park that car for one place just like that. Let me go dey help you drive it from PH to Lagos and then back or I go report you to Landrover for negligence.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by erico2k2(m): 11:05am On Aug 27, 2019
LeJeun3:

Your is an 8 Speed transmission. Its 8HP 70 first generation transmission that was bound to over 20cars at that time....

2014 use the newer 8Speed Tranny....

OK noted, my knowledge ends there grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Amypriti(f): 5:14pm On Dec 19, 2019
Hi

Please what's the right gear oil for Hyundai elantra 2007 model?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 12:23am On Dec 20, 2019
Amypriti:
Hi

Please what's the right gear oil for Hyundai elantra 2007 model?
SP 111. Total mvlv is ideal for your car
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Amypriti(f): 6:11pm On Dec 21, 2019
Thank you
sooperrescue:

SP 111. Total mvlv is ideal for your car
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by bbally: 10:10pm On Jan 16, 2020
Hello, my 2005 Nissan Pathfinder has the following codes. How can it be fixed and the possible cost:
P0710, 1764, 0128, 1148, 1168, 0031, 0051.
The temp meter work well but the gear always delay shifting.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by baddest04: 11:18pm On Jan 17, 2020
I drive a peugeot 407 with al4 gearbox automatic which atf is recommended I currently use a holt dextron III
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 4:50pm On Jan 18, 2020
baddest04:
I drive a peugeot 407 with al4 gearbox automatic which atf is recommended I currently use a holt dextron III
Total mvlv available at total ⛽ stations
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by copiescopy(m): 7:22am On Jan 22, 2020
Hi .pls I drive a Lexus Rx 330 2005 ..the mech has confirmed that the transmission fluid is low. pls I need advise on what ATF oil I will use to to do top up . also is it advisable to flush the old fluid ? as the mechanic says he will flush the old oil and fill in a new one . pls any advise on how best to go about it ..
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 4:51pm On Jan 23, 2020
copiescopy:
Hi .pls I drive a Lexus Rx 330 2005 ..the mech has confirmed that the transmission fluid is low. pls I need advise on what ATF oil I will use to to do top up . also is it advisable to flush the old fluid ? as the mechanic says he will flush the old oil and fill in a new one . pls any advise on how best to go about it ..
Follow his advice and change the gear filter also. Total mvlv will do the job. Just flush out the old oil.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by copiescopy(m): 6:54am On Jan 24, 2020
sooperrescue:

Follow his advice and change the gear filter also. Total mvlv will do the job. Just flush out the old oil.

thanks.. just did an oil flush with original total. bought five pieces of 1 quarts each...total iv original quality..
.upon draining ..he says the former oil isn't yet burnt out ..but only needed a change ..so wont be sny need to change the filter .as the new oil will do ...thank God the gear is working perfect and it has been engaging very well. I guess good oil is life ...
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by ultrazone(m): 12:18pm On Jan 24, 2020
Please what's the recommended gear oil for Accord 2007 v4. Thanks.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 6:02am On Jan 25, 2020
ultrazone:
Please what's the recommended gear oil for Accord 2007 v4. Thanks.
Dw1 but use Total mvlv dexron 6 transmission fluid

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by ultrazone(m): 9:43am On Jan 25, 2020
sooperrescue:

Dw1 but use Total mvlv dexron 6 transmission fluid
Thank you.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by alltrust(m): 7:07pm On Jan 26, 2020
I just acquired a Lexus Rx300. I would like to do a transmission oil change. Please can someone please tell me how to get the a new transmission filter.
Thanks.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 8:27pm On Jan 26, 2020
alltrust:
I just acquired a Lexus Rx300. I would like to do a transmission oil change. Please can someone please tell me how to get the a new transmission filter.
Thanks.
Your mechanic should be able to get it for you.

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by alltrust(m): 11:14am On Feb 10, 2020
sooperrescue:

Your mechanic should be able to get it for you.
Found the filter for N3k5. Changed the transmission oil with 5 litres of Toyota T-IV.
Thanks.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by DaSugarBoi(m): 9:32am On Feb 17, 2020
Hi boss . Please which ATF can i use for 2003 Toyota Camry and which affordable engine oil will you recommend?
Car is on 150k mileage already.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 11:17am On Feb 19, 2020
DaSugarBoi:
Hi boss . Please which ATF can i use for 2003 Toyota Camry and which affordable engine oil will you recommend?
Car is on 150k mileage already.
Manage total at 42, that's if your car is asking for typ tiv but if it's dexron 111, still use it. Motul energy 5w30 is 12k. Infinity Tyres are selling the oil. Our auto magazine called Auto watch is coming back to the market in print form very soon. You can like us on facebook and ask anything about your car and you will get answers like you do here. Autowatch magazine, the game changer
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by DaSugarBoi(m): 11:39am On Feb 19, 2020
sooperrescue:

Manage total at 42, that's if your car is asking for typ tiv but if it's dexron 111, still use it. Motul energy 5w30 is 12k. Infinity Tyres are selling the oil. Our auto magazine called Auto watch is coming back to the market in print form very soon. You can like us on facebook and ask anything about your car and you will get answers like you do here. Autowatch magazine, the game changer
Thanks for ur response

1 Like

Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Rotiix(m): 12:05pm On Mar 21, 2020
Hello house, pls Which transmission oil is suitable for 2008 honda accord
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 5:14am On Mar 22, 2020
Rotiix:
Hello house, pls Which transmission oil is suitable for 2008 honda accord
Total mvlv dexron 6 available in any total outlets
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by Rotiix(m): 11:42am On Mar 22, 2020
sooperrescue:

Total mvlv dexron 6 available in any total outlets
Okay thanks.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by d4Dave: 3:26pm On Mar 27, 2020
I use a Volkswagen Jetta 2009 with an automatic transmission. It suddenly had difficulty switching gears. So I changed the transmission fluid, but the problem persists.

I have also done a scan on the car, and the code shows P07031. After clearing the code, the seems to be okay from the dashboard, but it still has difficulty initialising speed and switching between gears.

Who can help, please?
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 7:15am On Mar 28, 2020
d4Dave:
I use a Volkswagen Jetta 2009 with an automatic transmission. It suddenly had difficulty switching gears. So I changed the transmission fluid, but the problem persists.

I have also done a scan on the car, and the code shows P07031. After clearing the code, the seems to be okay from the dashboard, but it still has difficulty initialising speed and switching between gears.

Who can help, please?
Sorry about that. First I want to know the particular atf that you used on the gear. Secondly just change the gear brain box and everything will be fine
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by d4Dave: 8:04pm On Mar 30, 2020
sooperrescue:

Sorry about that. First I want to know the particular atf that you used on the gear. Secondly just change the gear brain box and everything will be fine

I used a Conoil ATF.

I ran a scan afterwards and the scan read:

P0721, P0731 after each scan and the problem persists after clearing the codes.

My mechanic advised a change of gearbox.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 3:52am On Mar 31, 2020
d4Dave:

I used a Conoil ATF.

I ran a scan afterwards and the scan read:

P0721, P0731 after each scan and the problem persists after clearing the codes.

My mechanic advised a change of gearbox.
Conoil atf dexron 11d on an electronically controlled gear box!!!?
Just follow your mechanic advice.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by d4Dave: 6:53pm On Mar 31, 2020
sooperrescue:

Conoil atf dexron 11d on an electronically controlled gear box!!!?
Just follow your mechanic advice.

I do not know the difference though, but it's a Conoil Quatro ATF
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 7:30pm On Mar 31, 2020
d4Dave:

I do not know the difference though, but it's a Conoil Quatro ATF
Dexron iid is for cars that are not electronically controlled like Toyota Camry orobo 1996. So imagine the year of the orobo and that of your car and you will see where the mistake was made allowing him to use the oil on your car. You can still salvage it if you flush out the one in the car and buy total mvlv dexron 6 or liqui Molly 1800. But the gear ecu needs to be checked too.
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by phemolala07(m): 8:03pm On Mar 31, 2020
Please what's the recommended ATF for Ford focus 2001
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by sooperrescue(m): 2:37am On Apr 01, 2020
phemolala07:
Please what's the recommended ATF for Ford focus 2001
Mercon. Use Total fluide at42 , liqui Molly 1200
Re: Transmission Fluids, Getting The Right One For Your Vehicle by IghKes: 7:59pm On Apr 04, 2020
Please wat is the cheapest transmission fluid for infinity g35x gear box

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (41) (Reply)

Cheap Cotonou Car/suv Delivered To Nigeria By Hassan See Pictures / Dealer Plate Numbers Are Available / Come In For Your Comprehensive Vehicle History Report*+234-806-036-5068 With Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.