Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Should Christian Women Wear Pants? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christian Women Wear Pants? (5144 Views)

Pastor Caught Pants Down While Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman.. Photos / Born Again Christian Women Wearing Make-up, Is It Biblical? / Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:06pm On Nov 05, 2012
Last saturday a fellow christian brother made a very nasty example about ladies wearing pands to church,its total prohibited to wear pants to my church but since I don't wanna start trouble I can't question the laws of the church but is it really agaisnt the will of God for a lady to wear pants @ all?

Bible reference;Deotronomy 22vs5
5 A woman shall not wear men's clothing, neither shall a man put on women's clothing; for whoever does these things is an abomination to Yahweh your God. And 1st Timothy 2vs9-10
9 In the same way, that women also adorn themselves in decent clothing, with modesty and propriety; not just with braided hair, gold, pearls, or expensive clothing;10 but (which becomes women professing godliness) with good works.

Does this scriptures clearly states pants and slacks or something else?
Ur input will be appreciated and no insults pls
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 05, 2012
Pls before I mistake the meaning of "pants" to something else.. what exactly do you mean ?
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:57pm On Nov 05, 2012
acidosis™:
Pls before I mistake the meaning of "pants" to something else.. what exactly do you mean ?
trousers/slacks etc not underwear
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:13pm On Nov 05, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: Last saturday a fellow christian brother made a very nasty example about ladies wearing pands to church,its total prohibited to wear pants to my church but since I don't wanna start trouble I can't question the laws of the church but is it really agaisnt the will of God for a lady to wear pants @ all?

Bible reference;Deotronomy 22vs5
5 A woman shall not wear men's clothing, neither shall a man put on women's clothing; for whoever does these things is an abomination to Yahweh your God. And 1st Timothy 2vs9-10
9 In the same way, that women also adorn themselves in decent clothing, with modesty and propriety; not just with braided hair, gold, pearls, or expensive clothing;10 but (which becomes women professing godliness) with good works.

Does this scriptures clearly states pants and slacks or something else?
Ur input will be appreciated and no insults pls
i donot wish to give a hard and fast rule in this matter. But deut u quoted is a portion of d mosaic law that is was eroded away by d new testament. But again i dont consider pants to be decent. D gaze of a man is more or less concentrated in specific places and for those with good imagination a tight cloth equal unclothedness. I would advise against that which delibrately over highlight those point in a womans anatomy that may prove problematic for men. Each accding to prudence.
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:25pm On Nov 05, 2012
Ubenedictus: i donot wish to give a hard and fast rule in this matter. But deut u quoted is a portion of d mosaic law that is was eroded away by d new testament. But again i dont consider pants to be decent. D gaze of a man is more or less concentrated in specific places and for those with good imagination a tight cloth equal unclothedness. I would advise against that which delibrately over highlight those point in a womans anatomy that may prove problematic for men. Each accding to prudence.
I don't find it fair because dresses too can be revealing but anyway,my problem is;Is it right according to the bible to dress in a presantable way?

Guys always see girls outside the church wearing pants,they spent time with them more than a few hours service @ church so why is it not difficult for them to pray with them @ church?

Tight clothes r to be covered,and not all pants are tight
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:46pm On Nov 05, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: I don't find it fair because dresses too can be revealing but anyway,my problem is;Is it right according to the bible to dress in a presantable way?
hey! Hey! Im not some dress advocate, and yes it is both right to d human mind and scriptures to dress in a decent way.

Guys always see girls outside the church wearing pants,they spent time with them more than a few hours service @ church so why is it not difficult for them to pray with them @ church?
have u heard of d study that says men think of sex more than once per minuite. You wouldnt want that in d church would u?

Tight clothes r to be covered,and not all pants are tight
amen, it just that most pants i've seen are shape revealers.
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:50pm On Nov 05, 2012
Ubenedictus: hey! Hey! Im not some dress advocate, and yes it is both right to d human mind and scriptures to dress in a decent way.

have u heard of d study that says men think of sex more than once per minuite. You wouldnt want that in d church would u?

amen, it just that most pants i've seen are shape revealers.
we are talking about "Christian man&women here so its clear that lust is a thing of the past to them.And by the way even guys wear tight revealing pants....
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by Ubenedictus(m): 10:08pm On Nov 05, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: we are talking about "Christian man&women here so its clear that lust is a thing of the past to them.And by the way even guys wear tight revealing pants....
u must be joking, lust is a thing of the past 4 christian men and women i doubt that. What is d cause of fornication and adultry among christians if not lust?
Been a christian isnt a bullet proof against temptation, and i would advocate lesser temptation instead of more.
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by sammy329(m): 11:18pm On Nov 05, 2012
Stupid question

Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:56am On Nov 06, 2012
sammy329: Stupid question
Silly u
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:00am On Nov 06, 2012
Ubenedictus: u must be joking, lust is a thing of the past 4 christian men and women i doubt that. What is d cause of fornication and adultry among christians if not lust?
Been a christian isnt a bullet proof against temptation, and i would advocate lesser temptation instead of more.
ur a catholic so u probably don't read the same bible that I read
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:29am On Nov 06, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: ur a catholic so u probably don't read the same bible that I read
thanks for the insult. My bible say he wu stands shuld take care lest he fall, i hope that is in ur bible.
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:46am On Nov 06, 2012
Ubenedictus: thanks for the insult. My bible say he wu stands shuld take care lest he fall, i hope that is in ur bible.
I wasn't insulting u,if it sounded that way my apologies but my point was that born again christians and roman catholics see things in a differnt way
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by Ubenedictus(m): 12:21pm On Nov 06, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: I wasn't insulting u,if it sounded that way my apologies but my point was that born again christians and roman catholics see things in a differnt way
do u mind defining what u mean by "born again" because i blive to be born again d exact way my bible puts it "born of water and d holyspirit". If u bible has a different way of been bornagain please let me know.
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:19pm On Nov 06, 2012
Ubenedictus: do u mind defining what u mean by "born again" because i blive to be born again d exact way my bible puts it "born of water and d holyspirit". If u bible has a different way of been bornagain please let me know.
da same bible as urz then but the catholics baptism is made wen the child is young
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 06, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: I wasn't insulting u,if it sounded that way my apologies but my point was that born again christians and roman catholics see things in a differnt way
Honestly, sometimes my heart goes out to you..
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 3:36pm On Nov 06, 2012
musKeeto:
Honestly, sometimes my heart goes out to you..
I know dear
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by Image123(m): 4:19pm On Nov 06, 2012
Ubenedictus: thanks for the insult. My bible say he wu stands shuld take care lest he fall, i hope that is in ur bible.
cheesy
class

1 Like

Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by UjSizzle(f): 5:11pm On Nov 06, 2012
I don't think there's anything wrong with wearing pants even though it's been a cause for debate in the past. The bible teaches modesty in dressing.
People talk about pants revealing a woman's curve and all; even skirts do that. Clothes are made to flatter your figure not hide them. A lustful man is always gonna remain the same whether you wear pants, skirts or gowns.
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 5:16pm On Nov 06, 2012
uj_sizzle: I don't think there's anything wrong with wearing pants even though it's been a cause for debate in the past. The bible teaches modesty in dressing.
People talk about pants revealing a woman's curve and all; even skirts do that. Clothes are made to flatter your figure not hide them. A lustful man is always gonna remain the same whether you wear pants, skirts or gowns.
Thanks dear
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by jcross19: 5:40pm On Nov 06, 2012
brain washed christians , the kingdom of God is in your heart not what you put on will determine how holy you are before God but what you possess inside you . the clothes you put on only interpret a certain message to others but only almighty knows the who and what you mean with the clothes you wear. in that verse where moses spoke about the dress code, remember that during their days every one used to wore garment and this garment can only be differentiated by the lining of the waist okay while the male remain straight that it's only differences then . Now the issue of what belong to man and to woman is not only a dress and that was even an ancient tradition and is not even on the ten commandment.
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by dagr8(m): 7:40pm On Nov 06, 2012
jcross19: brain washed christians , the kingdom of God is in your heart not what you put on will determine how holy you are before God but what you possess inside you . the clothes you put on only interpret a certain message to others but only almighty knows the who and what you mean with the clothes you wear. in that verse where moses spoke about the dress code, remember that during their days every one used to wore garment and this garment can only be differentiated by the lining of the waist okay while the male remain straight that it's only differences then . Now the issue of what belong to man and to woman is not only a dress and that was even an ancient tradition and is not even on the ten commandment.
U dont need to insult, just make ur point and let people see reason with u.
BTW, u made a very good point bt ur introduction was very wrong

1 Like

Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 06, 2012
dagr8:
U dont need to insult, just make ur point and let people see reason with u.
BTW, u made a very good point bt ur introduction was very wrong
Oga mi.. hailings.. been a while o.. where u hide face?
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 7:53pm On Nov 06, 2012
musKeeto:
Don't start derailing my topic Muskeeto because I know u and Dagr8 will talk till Jesus Christ come back.

But I missed u too Dagr8 wr have u been?
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 06, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: Don't start derailing my topic Muskeeto because I know u and Dagr8 will talk till Jesus Christ come back.

lol.. dis woman..
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:05pm On Nov 06, 2012
musKeeto:
lol.. dis woman..
I shud be fumingy tongue

But m not
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by dagr8(m): 8:10pm On Nov 06, 2012
musKeeto:
Na u b d oga na...i am doing gr8... just watching from d sideline...
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by Callotti: 8:11pm On Nov 06, 2012
How does it stop the "pastors" from BROWSING their H-INTERNETS? Free WIFI na free WIFI jare! Easy connectivity from HOTSPOT to HOTSPOT! kiss

Holy Ghost can still pregger vAghinz!
Abi Mary wear troziz? cheesy
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 06, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: I shud be fumingy tongue

But m not
You're in a good mood today.. keep it up... smiley

dagr8:
Na u b d oga na...i am doing gr8... just watching from d sideline...
No talk dat thing again.. hope all's well at your end.. take care..
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by dagr8(m): 8:14pm On Nov 06, 2012
HumbledbYGrace: Don't start derailing my topic Muskeeto because I know u and Dagr8 will talk till Jesus Christ come back.

My very good friend, missed u 2
Business must take preference over pleasure
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:18pm On Nov 06, 2012
dagr8:
My very good friend, missed u 2
Business must take preference over pleasure
y da silence tho?
musKeeto:
You're in a good mood today.. keep it up... smiley

No talk dat thing again.. hope all's well at your end.. take care..
Iam in da mood for Nl
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Pants? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:56pm On Nov 06, 2012
CHRISTIANITY IS NOT A RELIGION! IT HAS NO SPIRITUALITY LIKE ATR'S! IT IS ONLY A COURSE OF JEWISH GUIDELINES ON WHAT TO WEAR< EAT< DO, etc.! angry angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastors Wife You Must Not Copy Their Styles If You Desire To Get To Heaven / Are Pentecostals Really Christians? / Why I Quit Being A Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.