Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday (13343 Views)

PHOTOS: Why Lagos Is The Craziest City In World / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Lagos Is The World's 5th Most Unliveable City! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 08, 2012
luvinhubby:
Guy i fear you ooo.., no be this V.I. wey i don spend 2hours inside the traffic after spending 1 & half hours to enter am since morning??
I doubt if you are in VI, may be you are stucked on Lekki-Epe express way.
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by doublecross(m): 1:52pm On Nov 08, 2012
luvinhubby:
Let's try PDP at least, with the established Lagos govt institutions and an enlightened public, i think they can do better. At least they are better than this Jagaban's political empire.
shut up ......shut up.....shut up............never you see nigerians as fools. why do you wnt us to try PDP? these people and parties are the same and they will never change. They only care about themselves. What baffles me the most is that nigerians still go out there to vote when they can read the writings on the wall. As for me, i will never vote for anyone of these folks.....be from PDP, ACN and the rest of them. They will never get my vote. !just imagine! I will have to be under the sun for like 6 hrs just to vote one of these folks in......and what do i get after all the suffering? Nothing.
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Hemanwel(m): 1:52pm On Nov 08, 2012
Honestly,if I had walked down to Stadium/Barracks 4rm TBS yesternight,I wouldda gotten there much faster than the BRT I boarded.
The traffic gridlock really freaked me out.
Now I know there's a big difference btw 'hold-up' and 'go slow'.

1 Like

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Revolva(m): 1:53pm On Nov 08, 2012
Okada ban kor -- I flew okada from mile2 to iyanaoba live hahah they can phase it out in some area - even to tincan port 2nd gate yesterday sef I flew okada - but in surulere I find okada I wan mad na keke napep and treking survive me under d hot sun -
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Jolomsguy(m): 1:58pm On Nov 08, 2012
wink....It is basically because of the ban of motor-bike “okada” everyone now drives, thus, vehicular congestion.

God help us..
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by jobaskia(m): 1:59pm On Nov 08, 2012
@billionaire. I really wish to be a billionaire like you . I do like your assertions and analysis on some topics on NL.

But come to think of it , there should have been alternative way of making life comfortable and convenient for every one and do you even think the so called okada men are happy riding okada to eke out a living .The inefficiency of goverment made all this to happen. Energy has been zero all the while and comatosed. The okada men are products of the failed system called Nigeria .

Virtually manufacturing companies that are supposed to be functioning sacked the workers and before you know it they will get an okada as means to put food on the table and if same jobless people resort to crime we all cry out.

Logically , fashola could mean well for the populace but he has to create a palliative measure in place not spite himself. He has really done good certain quarters . kudos to him. But once take food from people they become belligerent and aggressive at the same time.

Nigerians are just resilent people that's why we still looking away. I can convincingly tell you that when the implosion will start no one will able to handle the conflagration

2 Likes

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by duality(m): 2:00pm On Nov 08, 2012
Billyonaire: To the contrary, I am very impressed that I drive within VI at lightening speed, no more okada getting in my way. I was especially very happy today as I drove through my routes in VI and the entire VI looks so gorgeous, organized and serene without Okada. Fashola got this right but in a very harsh way as the okada riders have no life support buoy and the Okada loving commuters have no alternatives. To me, its been wonderful.

bros have you tried ikoyi? maybe from Obalende thru ikoyi to VI. please do
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 08, 2012
duality: bros have you tried ikoyi? maybe from Obalende thru ikoyi to VI. please do
Those areas are not my natural routes, I am commenting views and news from my territory, but if you can inform us about your area, it will go a long way to paint a wider picture of the advantages and disadvantages of the partial ban on Okada.
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by azpekuliar: 2:12pm On Nov 08, 2012
Men the thing no funny ooo. Keke-Marwa don become hot cake. My route na 3rd mainland - Obalende - VI and since the ban its been war getting in and out of the Island. If u comot for Island, there's only some temporary reprieve , then you run into 3rd mainland own. Yesterday was particularly bad. Na so we meander our way through Idumota-Ijora-Otto-Oyingbo-Yaba before I reach Anthony. The policy is just ill-timed. Those mass-transit rail lines had better start running ASAP.

God punish that Buhari! angry angry angry
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Xano(m): 2:17pm On Nov 08, 2012
jumong pan: i think ph traffic is the worst i have seen so far,aba road in ph is like car park from 5pm and even in the morning atimes..ie the traffic oh

guy, if you've been in both states, you will know lagos is worse. In lagos, you've got to leave the house around 5 a.m, while in PH you can afford to leave for work around 6:30a.m. In the evening, lagos traffic to beyond words. My advice, in the evening, have a spare battery(fully charged), with the aid of earpiece on your mobile radio or listen to songs on your phone and enjoy your evening in the bus, cab or your car.

1 Like

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 08, 2012
jobaskia: @billionaire. I really wish to be a billionaire like you . I do like your assertions and analysis on some topics on NL.

But come to think of it , there should have been alternative way of making life comfortable and convenient for every one and do you even think the so called okada men are happy riding okada to eke out a living .The inefficiency of goverment made all this to happen. Energy has been zero all the while and comatosed. The okada men are products of the failed system called Nigeria .

Virtually manufacturing companies that are supposed to be functioning sacked the workers and before you know it they will get an okada as means to put food on the table and if same jobless people resort to crime we all cry out.

Logically , fashola could mean well for the populace but he has to create a palliative measure in place not spite himself. He has really done good certain quarters . kudos to him. But once take food from people they become belligerent and aggressive at the same time.

Nigerians are just resilent people that's why we still looking away. I can convincingly tell you that when the implosion will start no one will able to handle the conflagration

Thanks, I am fan of creativity, visionary leadership and painful advancement in the right direction. I dare say the ban of Okada on select routes is one of those painful advancement decision that Lagos State had to make. We just need one City in Nigeria that can be comparable to the global cities of 21st century, and If Fashola is making that a reality with the Lagos MasterPlan restoration then he has my support. I know there are going to be casualties of this advancement. We have been witnesses of the mockery of Lagos State in the international media as a slum and Makoko water front was always used a case study by Christian Purefoy, then at the CNN, thank God we are spared that embarrassment due to his disengagement from the CNN. Back to Eko Masterplan, We clamour for alternative sources of income for the Okada people, but we are quick to forget that most Okada riders are illegal immigrants from our beloved neighboring countries. What the government needs to do is set up a Hire Purchase Transport Scheme for the Nigerian Okada riders who are affected by the ban. We should rather be talking about alternative transport system for the commuters from street to street. There is a case study at Calabar where taxi ply street by street, Lagos should adopt such strategy by introducing inter-street transit systems.

1 Like

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Bolarge1(m): 2:18pm On Nov 08, 2012
bambech: Don't still understand what is going on in lagos,the traffic situation has worsened since the ban on okada .

We have to sit in Bus for almost three hour to get to our destination

We have to wait in Bus stop for hours to get a bus

Transport fare is increased everyday

Fashola do something

Lagosians are suffering

IS BETTER TO BE LATE THAN BE THE LATE.

OKADA KILL PEOPLE IN THE STATE HAS REDUCED DRASTICALLY IN THE FEW DAYS.

I WILL ONLY ENCOURAGE THE STATE TO CREATE MORE MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION IN THE STATE. EG ELECTRIC TRAINS.

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by takedat(m): 2:20pm On Nov 08, 2012
Even if Fashola procures additional BRT buses it won't ameliorate the traffic congestion in Lagos. With the influx of people that troop into Lagos on a daily bases couple with the residents, they will always be traffic. Lagos is over populated and we are all in a hurry
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 08, 2012
lonamy: Bros and sis, the traffic congestion situation has always been there. Since the ban on the okada, there is no proof that the number of cars/vehicles in Lagos has increased.
The thing is that, those of us that were used to okada to get us out of the traffic are now feeling the congestion, because there is no okada to get us out of the situation.

Fashola is working.
u got it spot on! Now you all that were jumping okada,will feel wat we car owners have been feeling, the truth is most traffic jams are built up @ the traffic light junctions.
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 08, 2012
Blimey!
got out of ikoyi not too long ago.
aswerigad, the traffic na die.
the whole stretch of Alfred rewane, awolowo road is moving at snail speed.
Spent almost 2 hours there.
The sun isn't helping matters either.
I bet I saw pple sweating profusely inside their AC padded cars
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Nkemika(f): 2:33pm On Nov 08, 2012
thank you for this post, worstttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt by the day ohhhhhhh, arghhhhhhhhhhh, too much vehicles on the road
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by manny4life(m): 2:44pm On Nov 08, 2012
I'm lost, why did they ban Okada's in Lagos?
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by olly4life: 2:51pm On Nov 08, 2012
thepo: I'm so glad that I'm out of lagos.(Now in Abuja). Its really becoming unbearable to survive in Lagos. W!sh Lagosians lucky(lol) anyways

I think I know- U̶̲̥̅̊ dey use picanto like car- abeg beware of Abj babes o compare to Lag babes. Can't wait to come back home. NY is worst off. Just that its civilized than Lag, city of murder cases.
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by jpphilips(m): 2:53pm On Nov 08, 2012
jobaskia: @billionaire. I really wish to be a billionaire like you . I do like your assertions and analysis on some topics on NL.

you seriously believe that sh!!t is a billionaire? kpele!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by OkwaIfugo(m): 3:00pm On Nov 08, 2012
going within Lagos is like traveling to the east.

1 Like

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Dee60: 3:06pm On Nov 08, 2012
We all must understand that sometimes things get worse before they get better. The traffic situation is no excuse for allowing okada riders maim themselves and their passengers as they ply express roads. Let us stop promoting lawlessness.
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by ballabriggs: 3:06pm On Nov 08, 2012
Safety first before any other consideration.

Well done Fashola, safety should be key in everything we do. However, he has to do more to improve bus services and all other means of transportation.
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Copiousworld: 3:19pm On Nov 08, 2012
I almost want to move my family out from Lagos after driving through horrible traffic since Monday. Its not only frustrating but now very irritating. You manage to get out of one and run into another horrible traffic barely few seconds of driving.
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by andyzoga: 3:22pm On Nov 08, 2012
9jacrip: I have never been a fan of Lagos even though I grew up there, its too overpopulated which has resulted in a stiff congestion.

Now coupled with the ban on Okada, its even worse and the thought of driving or hopping buses is killing, Fashola has actually lost it with the masses and I hope he'd do something soon.

Nice one bro! Govt is just irresponsible. They can't tell us Lagos is more populated than London or New York. With d tax-payers' money of over #40bn IGR a month, Lagosians deserve more than we currently have.
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 08, 2012
emyibe: Where are the Okada men
They decided to buy buses and cabs since the ban... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Ugosample(m): 3:27pm On Nov 08, 2012
Billyonaire: To the contrary, I am very impressed that I drive within VI at lightening speed, no more okada getting in my way. I was especially very happy today as I drove through my routes in VI and the entire VI looks so gorgeous, organized and serene without Okada. Fashola got this right but in a very harsh way as the okada riders have no life support buoy and the Okada loving commuters have no alternatives. To me, its been wonderful.
Are you sure about that?
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Jarus(m): 3:33pm On Nov 08, 2012
Traffic situation has worsened very markedly. It's tempting me to recant my endorsement of teh okada ban.
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by dealslip(f): 3:35pm On Nov 08, 2012

what part of V/Island are you refering to. There's traffic everywhere in VI.
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Jarus(m): 3:38pm On Nov 08, 2012
I'm getting to work late these days. Leave by my usual 6.30 - 6.45am, and get to work 8.15. Before, even if I leave by 7, with Okada, I get to my VI office before 8.
Now forced to driving to work. I hate driving in traffic. Not a few times I have parked on my way out and hopped okada, to go pick the car there on my way back home.
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by mejai(m): 3:39pm On Nov 08, 2012
OMO IBO: Blimey!
got out of ikoyi not too long ago.
aswerigad, the traffic na die.
the whole stretch of Alfred rewane, awolowo road is moving at snail speed.
Spent almost 2 hours there.
The sun isn't helping matters either.
I bet I saw pple sweating profusely inside their AC padded cars
On point bro! Awolowo rd, ikoyi is satan's route. Den ajah. Ryt now, I'm hallucinatin on hw to go back to ajah. I pity dos wit manual gear. Not to think of ikeja axis. After dis xmas, I'm waving fashola and lagos farewell! Pls u guys should not miss me o.

1 Like

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by jobaskia(m): 3:45pm On Nov 08, 2012
@jp pHILLIPS. If you want to be a billionaire , think like a billionaire! I think i like his beautiful utterances .We are all anonymous in here .

Wealth without work
Pleasure without conscience
Science without humanity
Knowledge without character
Politics without principle
Commerce without morality
Worship without sacrifice.”
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 08, 2012
It has really worsened lately, talkin frm my daily experience plying 2ru Orile-Idumota

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tanker Falls Along Ugwu Onyeama By Enugu-onitsha Expressway / National Identity Number Registration Is Free – NIMC Official / Govt Prepares Staff To Take Over Abuja Lightrail From Chinese

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.