Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,695 members, 7,955,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:21 AM

Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday (13456 Views)

PHOTOS: Why Lagos Is The Craziest City In World / How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Lagos Is The World's 5th Most Unliveable City! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by valleoo2: 3:53pm On Nov 08, 2012
VolvoS60:
Of course its getting worse.

That is the only logical outcome when you have an overrated, corrupt Fashola administration/LASG which is very poor at curbing the excesses of its irredeemably corrupt traffic management officials.

As I write this, work has ceased on the "perpetually under construction" black hole that is the lekki-epe expressway. This is an "ëxpressway" that already has one operational toll point with another two set to follow, yet LCC, Hitech Construction Company and all the other actors in this macabre drama have simply gone to sleep and left the road (from just after Oando filling station onwards) to "lie fallow".

And mr fashola's hagiographers have the nerve to say lagos is working angry(whatever that means?)

I spent some time yesterday at Iponri where VIO and LASTMA officials hold court. I saw things there which left me speechless. Until that group is sorted out, traffic in this broken city WILL definitely get worse. But I know I am asking for too much.

'Eko oni baje' indeed.

jobaskia: @jp pHILLIPS. If you want to be a billionaire , think like a billionaire! I think i like his beautiful utterances .We are all anonymous in here .

Wealth without work
Pleasure without conscience
Science without humanity
Knowledge without character
Politics without principle
Commerce without morality
Worship without sacrifice.”
mmmmmmmm.
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by khalids: 4:00pm On Nov 08, 2012
lonamy: Bros and sis, the traffic congestion situation has always been there. Since the ban on the okada, there is no proof that the number of cars/vehicles in Lagos has increased.
The thing is that, those of us that were used to okada to get us out of the traffic are now feeling the congestion, because there is no okada to get us out of the situation.

Fashola is working.

Bro.....you are absolutely wrong.......Infact I am one of the people who have started driving my car since the okada ban....and I have several colleagues who are now doing the same. The only reason I didn't used to drive was simply because the bikes get me to my destination faster and since they are no longer available I see no reason i should be suffering and squeezing myself inside yellow bus....so the motor dey road now. AND MORE TRAFFIC TO ALL OUR ELBOW
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Orikinla(m): 4:04pm On Nov 08, 2012
The gridlock was bad on Victoria Island today.
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by 2rutalk1: 4:06pm On Nov 08, 2012
So Mr. right (Fashola) can do wrong. I thought its only GEJ that is the wrong doer. Let him keep deceiving you people.
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by smarthG(f): 4:08pm On Nov 08, 2012
luvinhubby:
Let's try PDP at least, with the established Lagos govt institutions and an enlightened public, i think they can do better. At least they are better than this Jagaban's political empire.

I GAVE ACN ALL MY SUPPORT B4 BUT NOW AM SHIFTING IT ALL TO PDP AND TO ALL MY EMPLOYEES, VOTING PDP IS THE ONLY CONDITION TO REMAIN.

Not because PDP is good, gooder, goodest but I will rather suffer in the hand of PDP than the ALMIGHTY acn.

If the so Glorified Fashola could behave this way who in ACN can't.

The other effects of this operation is not even yet manifesting yet, let watch and see.

3 Likes

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 08, 2012
checkmyprofile: Here is a Life Changing Business Opportunity for you FREE OF CHARGE to prove that u Can Actually Start Making Genuine Money Online irrespective of your Status whether Young or old whoever you are,it's 100% Genuine
make sure you check it out without delay.
Once you Sign up,you will get a "Unique Code" & for each person you invite with the code, you will be Paid (N1500) into your Bank Account,meaning if you can invite 500 people in a month,that is (N750,000) & what u put in shouldn't be more than N1500 which u will surely get back.
It is CHOICE but if u do,you could really end up Smiling to the Banks.
My dear it's High time we Realise the Need to put our Brains to Proper Use,the so called "yahoo yahoo" is not an alternative u have what it takes to Succeed in Life and here is a "Genuine Opportunity"
Take a life changing Step TODAY and you will Realise the World awaits those who are ready to Build their Future.
Follow the link on my signature below

I have never seen anyone who has a secret recipe for making money come to spill the secrets to everyone instead of devoting his time to make all the money by himself. May be you are one Messiah who spills industrial secrets for every one which I truly doubt. I advise you devout your mental prowess to constructive schemes and spare us the frequent spamming of bogus ponzi pyramid machinations.

1 Like

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by aribisala0(m): 4:12pm On Nov 08, 2012
Okada riding in Lagos at some point had become the biggest employment growth sector in the country.That is unsustainable and has had many negative consequences for Lagos. I think any individual who has no previous association with Lagos and NO ALTERNATIVE LAWFUL occupation should really go back to their origins and consider farming.Lagos cannot carry the country I suggest Abuja our brand new capital awash with Naira or Uyo,PH ,Yenagoa also awash with Amnesty funds .Other reasonable alternatives are Onitsha the INDUSTRIAL HEARTBEAT of the nation or ABA the COMMERCIAL BRAINBOX, or Maiduguri and Damaturu both full of life and excitement.
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by rapu4real: 4:15pm On Nov 08, 2012
[quote
author=thehunted][size=14pt]....and nobody will blame or insult
fashola. if our president GEJ had done something of this
nature,nairalanders would have insulted the hell out of him.
smh
[/size][/quote] TRIBALISM
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by azpekuliar: 4:16pm On Nov 08, 2012
jp philips:

you seriously believe that sh!!t is a billionaire? kpele!!!!

Walahi! that guy go believe say I dey tidy Abike Dabiri! grinshocked
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by smarthG(f): 4:20pm On Nov 08, 2012
jobaskia: @jp pHILLIPS. If you want to be a billionaire , think like a billionaire! I think i like his beautiful utterances .We are all anonymous in here .

Wealth without work
Pleasure without conscience
Science without humanity
Knowledge without character
Politics without principle
Commerce without morality
Worship without sacrifice.”

you are a Hypocrite but I will see how far the whole thing will go because it will come to hit even you soon. who is deceiving who, is that how to become rich or after becoming rich you lock the door to others? it just won't work.
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by manbuchai: 4:24pm On Nov 08, 2012
VolvoS60:
Of course its getting worse.

That is the only logical outcome when you have an overrated, corrupt Fashola administration/LASG which is very poor at curbing the excesses of its irredeemably corrupt traffic management officials.

As I write this, work has ceased on the "perpetually under construction" black hole that is the lekki-epe expressway. This is an "ëxpressway" that already has one operational toll point with another two set to follow, yet LCC, Hitech Construction Company and all the other actors in this macabre drama have simply gone to sleep and left the road (from just after Oando filling station onwards) to "lie fallow".

And mr fashola's hagiographers have the nerve to say lagos is working angry(whatever that means?)
I spent some time yesterday at Iponri where VIO and LASTMA officials hold court. I saw things there which left me speechless. Until that group is sorted out, traffic in this broken city WILL definitely get worse. But I know I am asking for too much.

'Eko oni baje' indeed.

Please to what extent have they gone with the lekki-epe expressway expansion.I thought there is a scheduled date for its completion.At where did the road expansion stop?A lot of people have been decieved to acquire properties on the lekki axis with the believe that the region would be the next Dubai.It is a shame that the Nigerian government never fullfils their promise to her citizens.

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by siddiq202(m): 4:57pm On Nov 08, 2012
Billyonaire: To the contrary, I am very impressed that I drive within VI at lightening speed, no more okada getting in my way. I was especially very happy today as I drove through my routes in VI and the entire VI looks so gorgeous, organized and serene without Okada. Fashola got this right but in a very harsh way as the okada riders have no life support buoy and the Okada loving commuters have no alternatives. To me, its been wonderful.
wow! shocked I never knew you can be this sensible. considering the fact that you once said that you support out-right ban of Okada undecided
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by robotan: 5:08pm On Nov 08, 2012
For great NEWS, GISTS, TUTORIALS, REVIEWS, HOT MUSIC DOWNLOADS, APPS, FREE BROWSING, GOSSIPS and much more. Visit www.naijaclassic.com

For great NEWS, GISTS, TUTORIALS, REVIEWS, HOT MUSIC DOWNLOADS, APPS, FREE BROWSING, GOSSIPS and much more. Visit www.naijaclassic.com
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by bashr8: 5:17pm On Nov 08, 2012
Lagosians shuffering and shmilling
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by bashr8: 5:21pm On Nov 08, 2012
doublecross:
shut up ......shut up.....shut up............never you see nigerians as fools. why do you wnt us to try PDP? these people and parties are the same and they will never change. They only care about themselves. What baffles me the most is that nigerians still go out there to vote when they can read the writings on the wall. As for me, i will never vote for anyone of these folks.....be from PDP, ACN and the rest of them. They will never get my vote. !just imagine! I will have to be under the sun for like 6 hrs just to vote one of these folks in......and what do i get after all the suffering? Nothing.
but u must vote somebody na. u have to choose one evil at least grin grin
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by sucess001(m): 5:23pm On Nov 08, 2012
Billyonaire:

Thanks, I am fan of creativity, visionary leadership and painful advancement in the right direction. I dare say the ban of Okada on select routes is one of those painful advancement decision that Lagos State had to make. We just need one City in Nigeria that can be comparable to the global cities of 21st century, and If Fashola is making that a reality with the Lagos MasterPlan restoration then he has my support. I know there are going to be casualties of this advancement. We have been witnesses of the mockery of Lagos State in the international media as a slum and Makoko water front was always used a case study by Christian Purefoy, then at the CNN, thank God we are spared that embarrassment due to his disengagement from the CNN. Back to Eko Masterplan, We clamour for alternative sources of income for the Okada people, but we are quick to forget that most Okada riders are illegal immigrants from our beloved neighboring countries. What the government needs to do is set up a Hire Purchase Transport Scheme for the Nigerian Okada riders who are affected by the ban. We should rather be talking about alternative transport system for the commuters from street to street. There is a case study at Calabar where taxi ply street by street, Lagos should adopt such strategy by introducing inter-street transit systems.

this has to be the lamest argument of our age...can u rily defend the statement dat 'most' of the okada men are immigrants? dis is just st.upid!u cant say u wanna be a mega city overnite...do u tink if new york had poor pple...it will remain new york...? or u dont know dat throwin pple of of jobs will have a ripple effect? u want a mega city ba? which mega city doesnt have a functional rail sysytem or water transportation? until u do dat and put it in place ...u re a f.uckin brainless i.diot to ban a necessitated means of transport.
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by amdman: 6:05pm On Nov 08, 2012
Thanks to the ban, I now spend 5hrs daily in Lagos traffic - an hour and a half to work, and 3 and a half back home (and that is even better than a lot of people). The implication is that in an average week, I will spend 30hours in traffic (Saturdays and Sundays combined as one day). In 52 weeks, that translates to 1,560 hours or 65 days or 17.8% of the year.

Is this sustainable? What will it be like in 2017? Something has to give!

1 Like

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by kpolli(m): 6:19pm On Nov 08, 2012
And some ppl are still saying he should be Naija's next president. . . . Jokers!
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by 2sexy(m): 6:20pm On Nov 08, 2012
Billyonaire: To the contrary, I am very impressed that I drive within VI at lightening speed, no more okada getting in my way. I was especially very happy today as I drove through my routes in VI and the entire VI looks so gorgeous, organized and serene without Okada. Fashola got this right but in a very harsh way as the okada riders have no life support buoy and the Okada loving commuters have no alternatives. To me, its been wonderful.
but seriously, you like to show off as if you are what....? (nairaland help me complete.)

people are talking about serious issue affecting a larger proportion of the populace... You wan tell every say you live in VI. Imagine how many times you mentioned VI as if say na LasVegas or NewYork.

Rubbish!!!

2 Likes

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by TableLeg(m): 6:29pm On Nov 08, 2012
robotan: For great NEWS, GISTS, TUTORIALS, REVIEWS, HOT MUSIC DOWNLOADS, APPS, FREE BROWSING, GOSSIPS and much more. Visit www.naijaclassic.com

Piece of sh/it, that is what you are .... undecided
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by TableLeg(m): 6:29pm On Nov 08, 2012
Terrible ... undecided
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Kagawa: 6:43pm On Nov 08, 2012
Well, indeed..... It has affected most of us...... I'd like to call Fashol a lot of names, but I just like to think that he knows wht he is doing... Bsyds, I hav no plans of *continuing to take Okada* I hav sed my prayers God will ansa....

*For those who hav plans to continue with okada and still pine as if the ban to okada is the end of their life, let them pray that Fasho shud *invent smthing fast in this neccesity he has created* w/o even thinking*
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by CHAIRMAN1(m): 6:50pm On Nov 08, 2012
you sound like someone who's going to find things difficult later in life. You keep on making arroggant comments on nairaland. Try and marry a humble woman. It'll help you much...

2 Likes

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by sucess001(m): 7:09pm On Nov 08, 2012
The only positive tin about d ban is dat Fashola has given us a reason never to vote for him ever again!
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by drnoel: 7:27pm On Nov 08, 2012
idiots in government that will not ask the masses that that they are serving ruling what they want b4 they implement bullshit

1 Like

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by beamed: 7:29pm On Nov 08, 2012
Billyonaire:

Thanks, I am fan of creativity, visionary leadership and painful advancement in the right direction. I dare say the ban of Okada on select routes is one of those painful advancement decision that Lagos State had to make. We just need one City in Nigeria that can be comparable to the global cities of 21st century, and If Fashola is making that a reality with the Lagos MasterPlan restoration then he has my support. I know there are going to be casualties of this advancement. We have been witnesses of the mockery of Lagos State in the international media as a slum and Makoko water front was always used a case study by Christian Purefoy, then at the CNN, thank God we are spared that embarrassment due to his disengagement from the CNN. Back to Eko Masterplan, We clamour for alternative sources of income for the Okada people, but we are quick to forget that most Okada riders are illegal immigrants from our beloved neighboring countries. What the government needs to do is set up a Hire Purchase Transport Scheme for the Nigerian Okada riders who are affected by the ban. We should rather be talking about alternative transport system for the commuters from street to street. There is a case study at Calabar where taxi ply street by street, Lagos should adopt such strategy by introducing inter-street transit systems.

The birth of a megacity does not come cheaply but I tell you Lagos govt has put the cart before the horse. Now you mention street by street transport among other things. The issues has to do with the highways where the roads are riddled with drum holes and consequently traffic is slowed. For a person living on the island, you not be privileged to see the chaos at various mainland bus stops. From Agbado to ijaiye to agege to ikeja all the way to oshodi. Ikorodu road, apapa road, okokomaiko, ajngbadi are places you'll see people sweat it out. The ban would have make sense if the roads are ok. Worse still when the community gathers to do something about the roads, somebody just shows up from alausa to frustrate the community effort claimimg that it's government responsibility. Yet no action from them. It seems to me that power of positive reasoning is lacking in our leaders. Ban them if you must but do the right things first.

1 Like

Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by beamed: 7:30pm On Nov 08, 2012
Billyonaire:

The birth of a megacity does not come cheaply but I tell you Lagos govt has put the cart before the horse. Now you mention street by street transport among other things. The issues has to do with the highways where the roads are riddled with drum holes and consequently traffic is slowed. For a person living on the island, you not be privileged to see the chaos at various mainland bus stops. From Agbado to ijaiye to agege to ikeja all the way to oshodi. Ikorodu road, apapa road, okokomaiko, ajangbadi are places you'll see people sweat it out. The ban would have make sense if the roads are ok. Worse still when the community gathers to do something about the roads, somebody just shows up from alausa to frustrate the community effort claimimg that it's government responsibility. Yet no action from them. It seems to me that power of positive reasoning is lacking in our leaders. Ban them if you must but do the right things first.
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Aadibros: 7:34pm On Nov 08, 2012
2sexy: but seriously, you like to show off as if you are what....? (nairaland help me complete.)

people are talking about serious issue affecting a larger proportion of the populace... You wan tell every say you live in VI. Imagine how many times you mentioned VI as if say na LasVegas or NewYork.

Rubbish!!!

The Otondo fit dey even squat with person or even dey live inside him car 4 d VI. Who tell dey akpako say VI no get ghetto abi him b JJC 4 Lasgidi? E see better road for d first time in decades, him think say e dey heaven.

Guy park wella under Ojuelegba bridge jare make we see road. U dnt evn tlk like some1 dt knows Lagos let alone living in VI
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by aribisala0(m): 7:43pm On Nov 08, 2012
The subtext to all of this is that Lagos is overpopulated and unfortunately a large part of that population are poor and unproductive as far as building prosperity is concerned. Let us hae more people who can create wealth NOT okada riders If those okada riders go back to where they came from the aggregate demand for okadas will reduce.Ogun state can take them or Akwa Ibom. Lagos is 0.36% of the area of Nigeria carrying 10% of the population.There has to be a signal of hostility to more influx. Unpalatable but such is the nature of truth.
Every okada on the road is a job in China.Let us think more strategically
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by glb2012: 7:44pm On Nov 08, 2012
R u talking about another VI...cos the traffic today was particularly very hectic....
Re: Traffic Situation In Lagos Is Getting Worse Everyday by Obidonreal: 8:00pm On Nov 08, 2012
abuja na d main place,i was brought up in abj,i only visit lagos 4 a week 2 c my aunties that's all.relocate to abj 2 avoid traffic in lag

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ten Nigerians Held In Uk For Marriage, Immigration Fraud / FG Inaugurates Freight Services On Apapa-Ibadan Cargo Rail / Weather Forecast Across Nigeria Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.