Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice (23284 Views)

Please Any Remedy For Stammering / HERBS For Permanent Cure For STAMMERING/STUTTERING / Any Cure For Stammering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by freestuffsonnet(m): 6:03pm On Nov 08, 2012
I'm 29yrs now, and still stammering, i grow up with this challenge. My parents was expecting that as soon as i grow up, i will stop stammering. but see me , i still stutter even bad one now. it has really affected my life negatively.

Because of this challenge, i don't have job [no one want to employ a stammerer], No Phone Conversation [people are afraid of burning their air time, No Friend [How can i communicate with them] Killing My Dream [I planned to become a motivation and public speaker, but you see now], No Woman [My stammering pis ladies off] I CAN GO ON AND ON..on how this things has been affecting my life and future.

Now, i want to know how i can cure this stammering? DO I NEED A MIRACLE ANY MAN OF GOD here in Lagos that can help me get rid of this by God? PLS DOCTORS AND Follow Nigerian's [nairalnders] HELP ME WITH UNIQUE INFORMATION THAT CAN HELP ME REGARDING THIS PROBLEM.

1 Like

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by uboma(m): 7:03pm On Nov 08, 2012
Stop luking for a 'man of god' coz none of them can cure u. However u can work on ur speech to minimise the frequency of stammering. Practise reading and speaking slowly. When u feel that u are abt to stammer, pause, take a deep breath and continue frm where u stopped. With time, ur speech will improve.

18 Likes

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Dsage1: 9:41pm On Nov 08, 2012
Your case is really pathetic but I want you to believe that stammering is what you can overcome by yourself.

Now that you realized you are a stammer and really wanted to stop it,learn how to be a slow speaker with a lot of cautions. Always be conscious of your condition while speaking. Give yourself a confidence that you can overcome it and that your stammering is a matter of time. Think positively toward your condition.

Don't know why that of your is different,I've seen many stammers who are now fluent and fine.

Once again, be slow and conscious while speaking. within 6months you will definitely master it and speak normal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by freestuffsonnet(m): 2:56pm On Nov 09, 2012
@Uobma & D Saga, thanks for your advice. sometimes i wish i never had that. i will try calm down.
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by 0Edward0(m): 2:57pm On Nov 10, 2012
@freestuff Do you stammer when you sing?

4 Likes

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 10, 2012
Most important, when you're thinking, do your thoughts stammer? Or when you read silently in your mind, do you stammer?

I have always wondered.

1 Like

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 10, 2012
When u begin to appreciate urself, other things will fix themselves.

Don't just blame it on stammering! Go develop urself and u'll get d job!

4 Likes

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Nancy42(m): 7:50pm On Nov 10, 2012
guy i undstand wat u re going 2rugh cos am i stammer 2. But d key 2 stoping it is talking slowly. Wen u re abt 2 stammer jst stop take a deep breath and ce if u could continue again. Always try 2 relax while talking dont try 2 talk fast cos wen u do dats wen u stammer d most.

1 Like

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Sijo01(f): 7:51pm On Nov 10, 2012
Chie, i feel your pain bro..... Try take your words slowly when communicating, don't rush it and don't force yourself either.
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by tobechi74: 7:53pm On Nov 10, 2012
I here T B JOSHUA CURES STAMERErS
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by peziz(f): 7:58pm On Nov 10, 2012
So sorry abt your situation. You need to be very calm when you talk. It has a way of making your speech come out with ease. My elder brother is 27 and he stammers however, there seems to be much improvement than before. He only learnt to talk when necessary and slowly with caution. I believe you will get better as he did. Most importantly ask God to help you with this challenge.

1 Like

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by mcevans1(m): 8:03pm On Nov 10, 2012
Brother, i really feel sorry for you but you just need to have faith and confidence in yourself. Two of my siblings were once chronic stammerers. How did it start? They were imitating their friends who were stammerers. I helped them to control it this way and it worked. Try to take a deep breath before you say something, and thinking of what you say as a song can help as well. Most people who stammer get relief just by singing. You can read books aloud when you are alone taking each word one after the other.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Elebiju: 8:04pm On Nov 10, 2012
I don't believe there could be a worse stammerer though mine is hereditary and everybody does it in my family but it doesn't deters me from arguing and been vocal and I'm proud to be the best tenor voice in my church countertenor to be precise with a rich falsetto

1 Like

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by siddiq202(m): 8:05pm On Nov 10, 2012
freestuffsonnet: SEGUN, am a stammerer too, i just made a thread on this on health section. SEE is not the will of God for anyone to stammerer. are they not who are more insulting than you, yet they don't stammer.
I believe i will become a public speaker one day. i don't know about you. Lastly, talking about pastors, i believe MIRACLE CAN GET THE JOB DONE. Yes i strongly believe that. IS A MATTER OF LOCATING THE RIGHT MIRACLE SOURCE.
The quote above is the reply you gave to segun (a Stammerer too)...please stop looking for the bolded and take the advice given above.

3 Likes

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:06pm On Nov 10, 2012
There used to be a stammerer in my school whose case was serious. He actually used to bang the table while answering questions. Later a teacher in my school told him that her case used to be worse than his own and gave him a little tip.

After the boy followed the tip, he actually stopped stammering. To the point that we use to laugh with him saying that we can't believe he used to stammer.

The Tip:

Breathe in deeply before you talk and talk with split phrases.
Like,

I went to the // breathe // market. // breathe // I saw Mary // breathe // and she // breathe // really looked good.

Try it, you will see you won't be stammering. With time it will be a thing of the past. It worked wonders for my friend.

21 Likes

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 10, 2012
Dude...its part of u,learn to live with it.any one who doesnt like u for it should eff off!

1 Like

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by chinnyonwu(m): 8:10pm On Nov 10, 2012
Sorry bro, but as for job, try something online.. Like bulk sms or stuff(maybe bloggin about sth ur passionate about) since u have less friends and stuff, the internet would be where u spend most of ur time. So u can as well use it and make some bucks
However research any business u want to enter thoroughly oo! Cos ndi scammers dizi excess dese days
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 10, 2012
thegoodjoehunt: There used to be a stammerer in my school whose case was serious. He actually used to bang the table while answering questions. Later a teacher in my school told him that her case used to be worse than his own and gave him a little tip.

After the boy followed the tip, he actually stopped stammering. To the point that we use to laugh with him saying that we can't believe he used to stammer.

The Tip:

Like,

I went to the // breathe // market. // breathe // I saw Mary // breathe // and she // breathe // really looked good.

Try it, you will see you won't be stammering. With time it will be a thing of the past. It worked wonders for my friend.
I wanted to give the same advice. My brother used to stammer and that was how my dad got him to correct it.

8 Likes

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 10, 2012
tobechi74: I here T B JOSHUA CURES STAMERErS
#GBAGAUN

2 Likes

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 10, 2012
Eyaah!!! I feel for u bro. I had a similar problem to u. But mine was serious "H factor". It was too embarassing. I could not get a girlfriend, no friends and my family were too ashamed to take me out in public. I could not say my name right because it starts with a vowel or even write essay well because of my problem. Then one day i decided to see a doctor to get surgery on my throat. I did it and now i speak well. Thank God.

My advise, see a psychologist.
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by seechris(m): 8:17pm On Nov 10, 2012
Go see the movie, the kings speech like 3times and apply lessons from it.
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 10, 2012
freestuffsonnet: I'm 29yrs now, and still stammering, i grow up with this challenge. My parents was expecting that as soon as i grow up, i will stop stammering. but see me , i still stutter even bad one now. it has really affected my life negatively.

Because of this challenge, i don't have job [no one want to employ a stammerer], No Phone Conversation [people are afraid of burning their air time, No Friend [How can i communicate with them] Killing My Dream [I planned to become a motivation and public speaker, but you see now], No Woman [My stammering pis ladies off] I CAN GO ON AND ON..on how this things has been affecting my life and future.

Now, i want to know how i can cure this stammering? DO I NEED A MIRACLE ANY MAN OF GOD here in Lagos that can help me get rid of this by God? PLS DOCTORS AND Follow Nigerian's [nairalnders] HELP ME WITH UNIQUE INFORMATION THAT CAN HELP ME REGARDING THIS PROBLEM.

As a former stammerer , allow me provide you with a solution.

First off, stammering is a sign of shyness and a lack of confidence , this could be due to a number of factors , which I would rather we do not talk about at this point.

Secondly , stammerers are very intelligent people who sometimes it seems are in a hurry to pour out 1 million words per second, in the process they mumble and jumble all the words, producing a somewhat intermittent incoherency of sentences that can be quite frustrating to the hearer, speaker . They also try to prove their worth to others , this can produce in them a sense of inadequacy when they fail and aggravate the situation.

Well how did I overcome.

1. Self Confidence : God made you fearfully and wonderfully , you are packed with potential, prospects and a great future. Never ever allow anyone bully you or intimidate you because they have an edge or gift you do not possess. We all have gifts.

2. Never be in a hurry : Relax, take a deep breath before talking , never be overexcited to contribute to any topic or conversation.

3. One word at a time - take your time. Speak one word at a time always relaxing in the process and taking periodic pauses. Listen to the way the upper class in England speak, they speak word by word with emphasis on the correct pronunciation. Try not to throw out 1000 words every millisecond.

4. Associate with people who build you up - disassociate from those who put you down or have negative influence over your life. Your confidence needs building up.

5. Practise makes perfect - try speaking as advised in your private and with family members , over time you will perfect the art of confident speaking.

6. No MOG is required - You are a MOG in your own right, God hears you prayer in the same way that he will hear the prayers of the so called MOG. Pray to GOD and pour out your heart to him on this subject.

7. You are not the only one - remember Moses, one of the greatest men of God, well he had a similar problem but God used him to the utmost.

I overcame and so can you.

The strange thing is that when stammerers overcome they speak better than those who never had the problem to begin with.

Wish you the best.

25 Likes

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 10, 2012
thegoodjoehunt: There used to be a stammerer in my school whose case was serious. He actually used to bang the table while answering questions. Later a teacher in my school told him that her case used to be worse than his own and gave him a little tip.

The Tip:

Like,

perfect !!

2 Likes

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by damflow46(f): 8:23pm On Nov 10, 2012
Just take it easy aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ put everything into Gods hand. Ɣ☺ΰ can go for all d advice given earlier too. Feel sorry for you
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Redmosquito(m): 8:25pm On Nov 10, 2012
Redmosquito: I wanted to quote Minion and Hades. But as the saying goes " An old woman does not laff about dry bones"

4 Likes

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by alienware(m): 8:25pm On Nov 10, 2012
what do u mean he should stop looking for a man of God to help him ? God has the right connection to help him
uboma: Stop luking for a 'man of god' coz none of them can cure u. However u can work on ur speech to minimise the frequency of stammering. Practise reading and speaking slowly. When u feel that u are abt to stammer, pause, swallow a deep breath and continue frm where u stopped. With time, ur speech will improve.
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 10, 2012
@@@@D sage -

Never say to anyone, 'your situation is pathetic'. Learn to break things down easily to anyone who comes t you for advice.

@@ poster, I am not an expert but I know 2 people who used to stammer up till age 15-16. Guess what? I do not notice any stammering now and they are like 30.

Fnally, never rely on any man of God.

Cheers and I know all would be well.

1 Like

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by tpapi: 8:36pm On Nov 10, 2012
tobechi74: I here T B JOSHUA CURES STAMERErS
e b like say u wan kill d op finaLly

2 Likes

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 10, 2012
Moses was a stammerer, so he hired Aaron in the Bible. I gues you should hire someone too, but this time, you pay!!!
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by kpolli(m): 8:44pm On Nov 10, 2012
freestuffsonnet: I'm 29yrs now, and still stammering, i grow up with this challenge. My parents was expecting that as soon as i grow up, i will stop stammering. but see me , i still stutter even bad one now. it has really affected my life negatively.

Then write motivation books

5 Likes

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Reuben2012(m): 8:45pm On Nov 10, 2012
Elebiju: I don't believe there could be a worse stammerer though mine is hereditary and everybody does it in my family but it doesn't deters me from arguing and been vocal and I'm proud to be the best tenor voice in my church countertenor to be precise with a rich falsetto
hii guy, am also a ternor singer and i want to improve on my voice pls i need u to give me some tips on how to be a good ternor singer may be u can tutor me i really mean it cos i was told by my choirmaaster that i am a worse ternor singer and i want to prove him wrong. pls kindly reply me back thanks,u can add me on 2go with etomize25, my facebook is lekan gbadamosi.thanks looking forward for ur responds. thanks man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Bedwet Even As An Adult....please Help Me / 5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! / New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.