Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,361 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice (23285 Views)

Please Any Remedy For Stammering / HERBS For Permanent Cure For STAMMERING/STUTTERING / Any Cure For Stammering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Elebiju: 9:31pm On Nov 10, 2012
berem: Bros I am also a stammerer! Infact my kid brother also stammers.I am also proud to be one.nothing do you.
the whole of my family stammers so I can state categorically that this guy is not a stammerer ABI shey everything Wey he post dey do u too?
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by cecegorz(m): 9:32pm On Nov 10, 2012
usmsam: Eyaah!!! I feel for u bro. I had a similar problem to u. But mine was serious "H factor". It was too embarassing. I could not get a girlfriend, no friends and my family were too ashamed to take me out in public. I could not say my name right because it starts with a vowel or even write essay well because of my problem. Then one day i decided to see a doctor to get surgery on my throat. I did it and now i speak well. Thank God.

My advise, see a psychologist.
Wow!
Now, I really have a real pity on H-factor folks. You mean it's actually a medical condition? I thought it's just about having a wrong English teacher in primary school.
This is unbelievable!
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Splendblex(f): 9:47pm On Nov 10, 2012
uboma:

the answer to the op's problem lies in his hands. Like i said b4, he shouldn't even think of seeking help frm a 'man of god' coz none of the fake so called men of god can help him. Let the op pour out his heart to God for God will listen to him. Any one can approach God in prayer through Jesus Christ, thats the gift he gave to mankind. So if u have any useful info that will help the op, pls spill it and stop insisting that the op shod meet a 'mog'.
*1000 likes* U're right man!
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by shadrach77: 9:48pm On Nov 10, 2012
Stop looking down on yourself. You can be successful even as a stammerer. Moses in the bible was a stammerer, MKO Abiola of blessed memory ( at a time Africa 's richest man) was a stammerer, Gareth Gates is a stammerer. The problems you think you have are no problem at all. They are imaginary problems you have made up in your head. Build your self confidence my guy cry cry cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by ZiggyHimself(m): 9:49pm On Nov 10, 2012
Dude....am giving you this advice as someone who used to be in your shoes. Stuttering could be seen as the inability to push out some syllable. eg "tu" in SITUATION can mess up the whole pronunciation.
To break this, you need to prep your sentence b4 you say it (which amazingly, all stutters do have the ability to prep an entire sentence in few mini-seconds). If a syllable in a word proves hard to hit.....change the entire word. By the time I mastered this technique.....the ladies were saying "Wooow...you do have a way with words". Example: If the "Get" in this sentence attempts to screw me up..."How do I GET to Abuja". I switch to "How do I FIND MY WAY to Abuja".

Calm down while you talk...that POUNDING HEART BEAT wont do you any favour (thats the deep breathe everyone is talking about).

I know you dont stutter when you talk to yourself alone (Been there bro). Talk to yourself more often...I mean speak-out-loud. You want to be a motivational speaker huh? Be your starting audience and motivate yourself with you speaking to yourself.

Finally (should have been the first)...get God involved.

Pretty soon...you'd be the guy who has a way with words.....See you on the speech side of life bro.

5 Likes

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by khanivorous(f): 9:55pm On Nov 10, 2012
seechris: Go see the movie, the kings speech like 3times and apply lessons from it.

[/#word#]
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by maninmood(m): 10:00pm On Nov 10, 2012
I was more of a stammerer than you are when I was young. I later got to know that FEAR worsened it. I started appreciating myself more. Now I can speak before a million people with boldness without mincing on one word. Be inspired; appreciate your worth. All the best

1 Like

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by akigbemaru: 10:05pm On Nov 10, 2012
There is still hope for you, don't go to any pastor ooo, they know they are fakers and will collect Saturday from you and give you Sunday.
Right now, if you are living in Lagos, go by Mushin Olosha, run straight to Alamutu market to by drums (Omele and Sakara. Music is your destiny! 
Have you heard the story of Jake Zeldin, a 13-year-old-white-compulsive- stammered American? His parents despise rap music with passion. But now by indulging in rap music that is how he got his voice back! Check him out on YouTube and he is on every news now in western world.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CDkQtwIwBA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DPpjN973NHw4&ei=9aWeUN_pF6WT0QGtvYD4DQ&usg=AFQjCNENX9_u0Qf5Z_3wfyMXfBwZ4uSK7Q&sig2=lX-kDad891OJtCVk6zQGow

Keep your head up and if you are a Yoruba, go for fuji-hip hop.
Don't ask me where to start from!
Let me help you with two tracks now.

You have to start with what people will like!

1) 
One mic check, my check my check x3
Eko ile mi, eko akete obajiti tititi
Eko ko ni ba je ooo x2
L-A-G-O-S   S-T-A-T-E x3
Eyin ara eko oya ela enu ekorin ooo
L-A-G-O-S   S-T-A-T-E x3

Eyin to ra kankan ti e pe arayin ni rappers, e shati mo pe iku lomu eja ka ko. Dem say I'm deaf I said no I am just a stammer.  I can't shout 
Lati ti kekere ni mo ti ka fafa
Through a rap I got my voice back
Ota mayomi nitori, because I got this.
Opelete dagba inu omo adamo baje
Your already got yours, I'm just getting mine.
Iwo to jeya to ni ogbon
Oda ta ni teacher e, they call me
Did done done, because I have done it all smiley

Second track
Chorus
Yea we go yea we go x2
Won ni awon ko ni fe mi
That's ok, nitoripe eni gan 
Koni ran Igun ni sé !
Orimi ja fun mi
Irawo mi to tan ma ran mi lowo
And my talent will speak for mi
verse

Rap
My name is Tope 
People call me Tope-odi 
Because I'm a stammer
Igboro ti daru
People wey dey talk no fit pass 
Job interview, sé yen le mi akalolo
Fe je lo
In view of this, I became a dreamer
I know that is the only wey to keep my hope alive.
Even before this limelight
I dey tell una haters
I'm getting my grind right
O ti sure ju
Sé owun lo mumi dream
Mo lo gbe eni egbere
I get cutlass, gun no dey
You know my chance is 50/50
Im in a wilderness
 in a broadday light
Looking for a treasure trove mat
I decided not to weed up
Twilight na when egbere ja
You know I may keep 
My vision 20/20
Tori ba bami sé 
Ti mi ba je lo
You know I be counting 1000/1000
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by ocelot2006(m): 10:12pm On Nov 10, 2012
I was also a stammerer. So here's a lil tip my dad gave me: inhale deeply and then speak gently. Do NOT force the words out.

Do that and you'll be fine.
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Iboboiz93(m): 10:17pm On Nov 10, 2012
berem: shey you never hear say if man and woman wey dey stammer marry each other,their children no go fit talk?
uboma: Stop luking for a 'man of god' coz none of them can cure u. However u can work on ur speech to minimise the frequency of stammering. Practise reading and speaking slowly. When u feel that u are abt to stammer, pause, swallow a deep breath and continue frm where u stopped. With time, ur speech will improve.
Elebiju: the whole of my family stammers so I can state categorically that this guy is not a stammerer ABI shey everything Wey he post dey do u too?
uboma: Stop luking for a 'man of god' coz none of them can cure u. However u can work on ur speech to minimise the frequency of stammering. Practise reading and speaking slowly. When u feel that u are abt to stammer, pause, swallow a deep breath and continue frm where u stopped. With time, ur speech will improve.
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by mikron(m): 10:38pm On Nov 10, 2012
only God can help u. i feel for u bro, but believe in yourself and dont feel less a man and above all dont feel inferior to others. u might be a blessing to your generation. peace.
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Bryan12(m): 10:44pm On Nov 10, 2012
As a matter of fact.i only stammer when am angry,so i learned to avoid anything that gets me angry.
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by licensed2k(m): 11:12pm On Nov 10, 2012
bro i feel for u big tym. . .got stammerin as a young boy coz i used to immitate a friend then. . .got masef cured by bn cool n stop gettin nervous tho i still stammer a lil bit now wen angry or in hot arguments. Buh who doesnt?
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by ghettodreamz(m): 11:14pm On Nov 10, 2012
I don't think there is 100% cure for stammering, although it could be reduced. Try and dig up Google and don't forget to explore Youtube too, there are many articles and videos with boatloads of information on the internet to help you.

In addition, with God all things are possible, there is nothing he can't do, so take it to Him in prayer likewise and I'm sure he will never cast you away or turn you down. It's well.
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Nobody: 11:18pm On Nov 10, 2012
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by licensed2k(m): 11:21pm On Nov 10, 2012
akigbemaru:

There is still hope for you, don't go to any pastor ooo, they know they are fakers and will collect Saturday from you and give you Sunday.
Right now, if you are living in Lagos, go by Mushin Olosha, run straight to Alamutu market to by drums (Omele and Sakara. Music is your destiny! 
Have you heard the story of Jake Zeldin, a 13-year-old-white-compulsive- stammered American? His parents despise rap music with passion. But now by indulging in rap music that is how he got his voice back! Check him out on YouTube and he is on every news now in western world.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CDkQtwIwBA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DPpjN973NHw4&ei=9aWeUN_pF6WT0QGtvYD4DQ&usg=AFQjCNENX9_u0Qf5Z_3wfyMXfBwZ4uSK7Q&sig2=lX-kDad891OJtCVk6zQGow

Keep your head up and if you are a Yoruba, go for fuji-hip hop.
Don't ask me where to start from!
Let me help you with two tracks now.

You have to start with what people will like!

1) 
One mic check, my check my check x3
Eko ile mi, eko akete obajiti tititi
Eko ko ni ba je ooo x2
L-A-G-O-S   S-T-A-T-E x3
Eyin ara eko oya ela enu ekorin ooo
L-A-G-O-S   S-T-A-T-E x3

Eyin to ra kankan ti e pe arayin ni rappers, e shati mo pe iku lomu eja ka ko. Dem say I'm deaf I said no I am just a stammer.  I can't shout 
Lati ti kekere ni mo ti ka fafa
Through a rap I got my voice back
Ota mayomi nitori, because I got this.
Opelete dagba inu omo adamo baje
Your already got yours, I'm just getting mine.
Iwo to jeya to ni ogbon
Oda ta ni teacher e, they call me
Did done done, because I have done it all smiley

Second track
Chorus
Yea we go yea we go x2
Won ni awon ko ni fe mi
That's ok, nitoripe eni gan 
Koni ran Igun ni sé !
Orimi ja fun mi
Irawo mi to tan ma ran mi lowo
And my talent will speak for mi
verse

Rap
My name is Tope 
People call me Tope-odi 
Because I'm a stammer
Igboro ti daru
People wey dey talk no fit pass 
Job interview, sé yen le mi akalolo
Fe je lo
In view of this, I became a dreamer
I know that is the only wey to keep my hope alive.
Even before this limelight
I dey tell una haters
I'm getting my grind right
O ti sure ju
Sé owun lo mumi dream
Mo lo gbe eni egbere
I get cutlass, gun no dey
You know my chance is 50/50
Im in a wilderness
 in a broadday light
Looking for a treasure trove mat
I decided not to weed up
Twilight na when egbere ja
You know I may keep 
My vision 20/20
Tori ba bami sé 
Ti mi ba je lo
You know I be counting 1000/1000

NAIRALAND GOT TALENTS season one
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 10, 2012
@OP
Google "Delayed Auditory Feedback"

Also google "SpeechEasy"
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by CuteTolex(f): 11:38pm On Nov 10, 2012
i believe god has a plan 4 u, stammering or not, u will surely be what he wants u to be
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Maximus85(m): 11:38pm On Nov 10, 2012
Pick your words one by one. Olu Jacobs stammers too but he is better now. Just do this and as time goes it will reduce continuously. Or try to talk when a music is playing (saw it in a movie: the king's speech)
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by TableLeg(m): 11:43pm On Nov 10, 2012
Tell him to fight back and dont let stammering kill him!
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by yahla: 11:50pm On Nov 10, 2012
Hello Stammerer, reading this thread sleepy eyed, but just got to help you with your issue. You can choose to take my advice serious or thrash it as "bullocks". It is metaphysics that either you believe in it or not works. Solution is simple, by a bell, the typical bell that is used to sound end of periods or classes in schools and churches. Take it to a school that you know uses one and collect the bell the school or church must have been using for a WHILE.
You are to use this old bell collected to drink water from that day henceforth. Morning, noon and night. Call this garbage, trust me, it works like miracle. This is just one of the benefits of having your old parents alive. My nephew was a stammerer, now he speaks fluently. I was quick to laugh it off when my dad told me about this method that was used in his village when he was a kid by his fore-fathers. He's well over 70 now.
Some mysteries in life, science just cannot explain. Try it, thank God later. God bless.

4 Likes

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by shadrach77: 12:02am On Nov 11, 2012
in addition to my initial email this are things you need to consider - some people on this forum have mentioned some of the points
(1) Consider music. It's impossible to stammer while singing - try talking up music as a hobby, it would help
(2) Substitute the difficult words with easier words
(3) pray pray pray
(4) Rid yourself off fear because fear has a way of worsening stammering
(5) Avoid people who are impatient - people who are impatient would put pressure on you when you are communicating with them. This would create fear and pressure in you and worsen your stammering so if you have friends or mates who are constantly impatient whenever you are chatting with them, try to avoid such people cry cry cry
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by victorian(f): 12:07am On Nov 11, 2012
The cause of stammering is FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN and EXCITEMENT.. first appreciate yurself more, never ever imagine or think that other people are better than u.. U can control the crowd to love you or dismiss you, You have the Power, no one else does it or say it better than you can. And RELAX your mind, body and spirit, when excited or happy, and always take a deep breath before saying any vowel that could trigger it.. Remember you are in CONTROL..The world is yours to conquer and people will wait to hear u talk, just relax and cool yur spirit..that was how i changed mine ... cheesy...And i teach at seminars, a whole class without starmmering..And also pray about it and decree it out from your system.. And also too, read aloud a book or newspaper in your room,infront of a mirror, imagining a room full of people watching you. Do it every day, it works.
Its all in the mind , at the end of it all.. You are incharge, dont ever forget...very important. grin

1 Like

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by DonaldGenes(m): 12:23am On Nov 11, 2012
thegoodjoehunt: There used to be a stammerer in my school whose case was serious. He actually used to bang the table while answering questions. Later a teacher in my school told him that her case used to be worse than his own and gave him a little tip.

After the boy followed the tip, he actually stopped stammering. To the point that we use to laugh with him saying that we can't believe he used to stammer.

The Tip:

Breathe in deeply before you talk and talk with split phrases.
Like,

I went to the // breathe // market. // breathe // I saw Mary // breathe // and she // breathe // really looked good.

Try it, you will see you won't be stammering. With time it will be a thing of the past. It worked wonders for my friend.
Take high five for that

2 Likes

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by DonaldGenes(m): 12:27am On Nov 11, 2012
MuhMubRaj: #GBAGAUN

You don catch am
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Koikoi(m): 1:51am On Nov 11, 2012
guy, you have to slow down, I mean real slow. I remember when I was in primary and secondary school, mehn, fighting was all I do in school everyday. Why? what I can't say with my mouth, I say it with my fist. There were words I don't dare. When reading figures, I jump the number 3, no how hard the Teacher tries to force me to pronounce 3, I would stubbornly refuse. When trying to say anything, I look around for anybody laughing and fighting starts. at home, same story. My Dad, very wise. he never asks what the problem was each time I fight and he never allow anyone to do same. Why? the real fight starts when the other guy starts telling lies against me right in my presence, knowing full well I can't deny them, cos I can't talk. but today, you won't believe I'm a stammerer except I'm angry. so, I control my anger and emotions in whatever I do. You must slow down, be very calm when about to speak. learn to control your emotions. With constant practice, you'll be amazed at yourself. I have a friend for over three years now who never knew I was a stammerer till recently when I tried to speak in anger. My guy, control it don't let it control you

1 Like

Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Nobody: 4:06am On Nov 11, 2012
Donalð Genes:
Take high five for that

In addition to that suggestion, always keep an open mind and never get angry no matter the provocation as most would be inclined to. Clarity of the mind helps a lot!!!

Good luck
Re: Stammering Is Killing Me - I Can't Even Talk To A Woman - Please Advice by Reanaa: 4:51am On Nov 11, 2012
Petition God how you feel abt this and work on the suggestions that have been given to you.
my friend used to be a serious stammerer but he did prayed over it, now he hadly stammer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why Farting Is Good For You! / I Bedwet Even As An Adult....please Help Me / New Ebola Vaccine Gives Monkey Immunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.