Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Is This The TRUE Definition Of Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This The TRUE Definition Of Love? (1189 Views)

Could This Be The True Definition Of True Love? / This Is A True Definition Of Good Relationship(pics) / What Is The True Definition Of An Independent Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This The TRUE Definition Of Love? by xcalzy(m): 5:01pm On Nov 09, 2012
LOVE Is

Often times when we are asked why do we love our significant other, we typically reply with a list of attributes, characteristics, or physical features. We love them BECAUSE OF this or that. If our reasons for loving that person are all related to their qualities or attributes, then what happens when the compliments stop, what happens when the cooking stops, what happens when he or
she gains a lil extra weight?

What happens when I'm so consumed with work, church, or our family that those same qualities that attracted you to me seem to be lost in our daily responsibilities? You see I can assure you that those attributes, characteristics or features that we listed about our loved ones will eventually disappear or become a thing of the past. What happens then?? The only way that love will truly last & endure the trials & tribulations of this life is if it is Unconditional!! True Love is...UNCONDITIONAL!!

Love is NEVER determined by the person "being" loved but its the "choosing" to love. It's choosing to love UNCONDITIONALLY, it's choosing to see the best in that person, it's choosing to cherish the time spent with that person, it's choosing to LOVE regardless of it being returned or even validated, it's choosing to fight fair, it's choosing to be selfless & thoughtful of the other person. Love is a CHOICE not a trait nor characteristic!!

Yeah we might share some common interests & have a great sex life but unless UNCONDITIONAL LOVE is the foundation of our relationship then at best it's unstable! UNCONDITIONAL LOVE is Godly love! God is love, so Unconditional love is that "In sickness and in health, for richer or poorer , for better or worse" type of love!! This is true love!! You see God has never fallen out of love with us!! So if it's true unconditional love then there is no falling out of love, there is no I love them because of...it's simple...I love you PERIOD!!

LOVE should not be based on attributes, so again I say there's no such thing as falling out of love because Godly love is unconditional and no matter what we have done He still chooses to love us!! He doesn't love us because of...He simply chooses to love us PERIOD, end of story. So the next time someone asks you why you love that person God has blessed you with, just say I Love Them PERIOD, no because of, no they make me feel this way, simply reply, I love them I chose to love them and I love them regardless!! Love is...UNCONDITIONAL!!!

By Drew Carnes (posted By AiLaws- The Awesome Single)

http://xcalzyzaza.blog.com

1 Like

Re: Is This The TRUE Definition Of Love? by Switup: 5:10pm On Nov 09, 2012
@ op hello..... I can guess you're 'bout sayin sth that's really worth readin...., but there's a hellofa problem....... No paragraphin.... So go back there, do some tinzy winzy stuffz and come back smilin..........k?? cool

1 Like

Re: Is This The TRUE Definition Of Love? by xcalzy(m): 5:13pm On Nov 09, 2012
Swit up: @ op hello..... I can guess you're 'bout sayin sth that's really worth readin...., but there's a hellofa problem....... No paragraphin.... So go back there, do some tinzy winzy stuffz and come back smilin..........k?? cool

Aiite, thanks! wink
Re: Is This The TRUE Definition Of Love? by Switup: 5:18pm On Nov 09, 2012
^^
<<feelin fly>> oh that's nothin...... U're welcom all d same

1 Like

Re: Is This The TRUE Definition Of Love? by xcalzy(m): 5:21pm On Nov 09, 2012
Swit up: ^^
<<feelin fly>> oh that's nothin...... U're welcom all d same

Lolzzz, no problem grin
Re: Is This The TRUE Definition Of Love? by Dyt(f): 5:40pm On Nov 09, 2012
Love is delusional
CLAREMONT 2011
Re: Is This The TRUE Definition Of Love? by jhydebaba(m): 5:44pm On Nov 09, 2012
What is love
Re: Is This The TRUE Definition Of Love? by xcalzy(m): 5:50pm On Nov 09, 2012
jhydebaba: What is love
God is LOVE smiley
Re: Is This The TRUE Definition Of Love? by jhydebaba(m): 6:09pm On Nov 09, 2012
xcalzy:
God is LOVE smiley
So that crap up there defines god
Re: Is This The TRUE Definition Of Love? by xcalzy(m): 6:22pm On Nov 09, 2012
jhydebaba:
So that crap up there defines god

No, dat "crap" defines the LOVE we should practice. The love Jesus showed on the cross. smiley
Re: Is This The TRUE Definition Of Love? by Nobody: 1:46am On Nov 10, 2012
It's another fùcking crap so many people dumbly mistake for lust
Re: Is This The TRUE Definition Of Love? by tpia5: 1:51am On Nov 10, 2012
love is something teenagers overrate.

lust is something immature people overrate.

neither should take the place of responsibility.

and, if you're not a teenager and you find yourself overrating love, then check other areas of yourself because something is off.
Re: Is This The TRUE Definition Of Love? by tpia5: 1:52am On Nov 10, 2012
i assume love here means infatuation, in the context of this thread.
Re: Is This The TRUE Definition Of Love? by Flashaldrin(m): 3:53am On Nov 10, 2012
tpia@:
i assume love here means infatuation, in the context of this thread.
jeeez! How thick can one's brain get??
Re: Is This The TRUE Definition Of Love? by Flashaldrin(m): 4:02am On Nov 10, 2012
@op, this write up is soooo on point!
I'v been saying this same thing over and over again.
Love is unconditional and has no etiology. It just happens. Thats why it cant end cos nothing precipitated it in the first place.
I dont believe its a choice, cos if you can choose to love then you can also choose not to love.
Hence i always say the only true love that exists is the one between God and man and between a parent and the child.
There's nothing like love between a man and a woman unless if there's another shallow definition of love.

1 Like

Re: Is This The TRUE Definition Of Love? by kpozite(m): 6:08am On Nov 10, 2012
Love 101 op good jab

1 Like

Re: Is This The TRUE Definition Of Love? by Mynd44: 7:09am On Nov 10, 2012
Love is an excuse for men to get laid and for women to extort money
Re: Is This The TRUE Definition Of Love? by jhydebaba(m): 9:13am On Nov 10, 2012
Mynd_44:
Love is an excuse for men to get laid and for women to extort money
Una be fool: It's another fùcking crap so many people dumbly mistake for lust
undecided undecided
Re: Is This The TRUE Definition Of Love? by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 10, 2012
xcalzy: LOVE Is

Often times when we are asked why do we love our significant other, we typically reply with a list of attributes, characteristics, or physical features. We love them BECAUSE OF this or that. If our reasons for loving that person are all related to their qualities or attributes, then what happens when the compliments stop, what happens when the cooking stops, what happens when he or
she gains a lil extra weight?

What happens when I'm so consumed with work, church, or our family that those same qualities that attracted you to me seem to be lost in our daily responsibilities? You see I can assure you that those attributes, characteristics or features that we listed about our loved ones will eventually disappear or become a thing of the past. What happens then?? The only way that love will truly last & endure the trials & tribulations of this life is if it is Unconditional!! True Love is...UNCONDITIONAL!!

Love is NEVER determined by the person "being" loved but its the "choosing" to love. It's choosing to love UNCONDITIONALLY, it's choosing to see the best in that person, it's choosing to cherish the time spent with that person, it's choosing to LOVE regardless of it being returned or even validated, it's choosing to fight fair, it's choosing to be selfless & thoughtful of the other person. Love is a CHOICE not a trait nor characteristic!!

Yeah we might share some common interests & have a great sex life but unless UNCONDITIONAL LOVE is the foundation of our relationship then at best it's unstable! UNCONDITIONAL LOVE is Godly love! God is love, so Unconditional love is that "In sickness and in health, for richer or poorer , for better or worse" type of love!! This is true love!! You see God has never fallen out of love with us!! So if it's true unconditional love then there is no falling out of love, there is no I love them because of...it's simple...I love you PERIOD!!

LOVE should not be based on attributes, so again I say there's no such thing as falling out of love because Godly love is unconditional and no matter what we have done He still chooses to love us!! He doesn't love us because of...He simply chooses to love us PERIOD, end of story. So the next time someone asks you why you love that person God has blessed you with, just say I Love Them PERIOD, no because of, no they make me feel this way, simply reply, I love them I chose to love them and I love them regardless!! Love is...UNCONDITIONAL!!!

By Drew Carnes (posted By AiLaws- The Awesome Single)

http://xcalzyzaza.blog.com

Good points. I believe that only parents love their children unconditionally and that unconditional love happens very rarely, if at all, between a man and a woman.
Re: Is This The TRUE Definition Of Love? by UjSizzle(f): 10:15am On Nov 10, 2012
Love is unconditional,
Love is sacrificial,
Love is God,
Love is me smiley.
Re: Is This The TRUE Definition Of Love? by KINGwax(m): 11:19am On Nov 10, 2012
There's no love. Stop wallowing in the misinterpreted adulation of your emotion!
Love is an hocus-pocus, created by a twisted mind, adopted by the wise to deceive the fool.
Have u ever wonder why people u claim loves u can do d worst u never expected? He/She was feckin using the word 'i love u' to get what he wants in the first place. Wise up!
Show care, be responsible for your mate, kiss, make love, want him/her, respect yourself, be faithful, be loyal etc. And things will move smoothly!
I'm not saying, 'i love u' shldnt be confessed at necessary times because d world wanna hear it, but get your brain working, don't dunk yourself in shitz and forget your head!
The only existing love is in JOHN 3:16. The rest are duplicates
Re: Is This The TRUE Definition Of Love? by claremont(m): 11:36am On Nov 10, 2012
Re: Is This The TRUE Definition Of Love? by Mynd44: 1:29pm On Nov 10, 2012
Everyone keeps yelling love and love.
Bio-chemistry speaking, there is no difference it between it and the buzz you get from a box of chocolate
Re: Is This The TRUE Definition Of Love? by xcalzy(m): 3:03am On Nov 14, 2012
Mynd_44: Everyone keeps yelling love and love.
Bio-chemistry speaking, there is no difference it between it and the buzz you get from a box of chocolate

@Mynd 44, Have u ever fallen in love?
Re: Is This The TRUE Definition Of Love? by Mynd44: 3:26am On Nov 14, 2012
xcalzy:

@Mynd 44, Have u ever fallen in love?
I don't know
Re: Is This The TRUE Definition Of Love? by xcalzy(m): 3:30am On Nov 14, 2012
Hmmm, I rest my case den.
Re: Is This The TRUE Definition Of Love? by WAM1(f): 12:57pm On Nov 14, 2012
I share the same school of thought...
Re: Is This The TRUE Definition Of Love? by xcalzy(m): 3:40pm On Nov 14, 2012
WAM?:
I share the same school of thought...

Dats nice bro smiley

(1) (Reply)

All You Need To Know About Long Distance Relationship / HOW Does/did It Feel Being The BAD EX? / Pls Advise Me She Is Scared Of Gettin Pregnant!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.