Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,471 members, 7,812,449 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

"love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! (39699 Views)

Vietnamese Man Slept Next To The Dead Wife For 5 Years.--true Love Does Exist!!!! / Love Does Not Ask Us To Be Perfect / True Love Does Not Exist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

"love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 11:25am On Jul 10, 2011
Thats right, I have come to the conclusion that love does not exist. I say this because if you look at the fail rate of marriage and every other relationship it is huge. >50% of all marriages fail.

What people term Love actually is only old-fashioned lust, desire, extreme frendliness. Eventually all people who claim to 'love' will end up just being great friends, no more 'loving' to each other than two best mates.

Studies have shown that couples who marry on the basis of "Love" do NOT last as those whom marry on the basis of mutual compatibility. The same studies went on to conclude, albeit controversially, that couples who use "Love" as a reason to be together would rather be better of apart, because such relationships never last. An ideal relationship is when both partners consider themselves to be best of friends firstly, and good bed mates secondly.

It will interest you to know that the western world who gave us the concept of love have the highest divorce rates today, yet love is practised there. So it therefore means that there is no correlation whatsoever between love and a sustained relationship. In India, arranged marriages is the norm, yet India has the lowest divorce rates worldwide, Go figure!

2 Likes

Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 11:28am On Jul 10, 2011
The western world gave you the concept of love?smh

1 Like

Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 11:36am On Jul 10, 2011
Does "Love" have an objective definition? I think not! Ask 1000 people what love means, and you will get 1000 responses. We suffer from a Love delusion.

1 Like

Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 10, 2011
^YOU do

1 Like

Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 11:41am On Jul 10, 2011
bhusayor:

^YOU do
How can someone get deluded by something he doesn't believe in?! Please let's be objective in our arguments, no cheeky personal comments, thanks.

1 Like

Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Omolola1(f): 11:41am On Jul 10, 2011
ok.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Sijo01(f): 11:43am On Jul 10, 2011
Love is wicked!

1 Like

Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 11:47am On Jul 10, 2011
People who "fall in love" are the most deluded human beings on earth, not much different from the religious folks. Only difference is they say you can "fall OUT love", but the religious folks take their delusion to the grave!

1 Like

Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by iice(f): 11:51am On Jul 10, 2011
It does exist.
We just have our own interpretation/doings as humans.

1 Like

Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 11:56am On Jul 10, 2011
iice:

It does exist.
We just have our own interpretation/doings as humans.

Really?! How can something that exists be interpreted differently by different people? Surely, if it does exist, it should have one objective definition. Love is just a western word for lust, friendship, e.t.c. but rather than calling it lust or friendship, we glorify it by saying it is love. It is a vain delusion.

1 Like

Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by iice(f): 12:01pm On Jul 10, 2011
There is nothing universal when it comes to human beings.
Don't know why people are so concerned with concepts. Love is not to blame but rather human beings.
Love is not wicked, human beings are wicked. Like marriage, nothing is wrong with the institution, but rather with human beings.
Like most things, everything they touch turns to piss.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by denzel2009: 12:02pm On Jul 10, 2011
I see someone has been unlucky in love.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by leuelliot(m): 12:05pm On Jul 10, 2011
Its amazing the kind of topics people start
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 12:10pm On Jul 10, 2011
denzel2009:

I see someone has been unlucky in love.
That has nothing to do with the present debate, because that "someone" does not believe in luck either. I am only proposing an often overlooked perspective on this issue.

iice:

There is nothing universal when it comes to human beings.
Don't know why people are so concerned with concepts.  Love is not to blame but rather human beings.
Love is not wicked, human beings are wicked.  Like marriage, nothing is wrong with the institution, but rather with human beings.
Like most things, everything they touch turns to piss.

The fact of the matter is that these concepts/institutions are created by human beings, therefore there is no way we can extricate human beings from them. People commit atrocities in the name of the "love delusion", it is not love but rather, it is insanity.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 10, 2011
Dude! Sorry if you got your heart broken! Look before you leap Next time! When making arguments, try as much as possible not no generalize. If 50% of Marriages fail, why haven't the remaining 50% failed too? Ever Asked yourself that?
Where was the western world when our forefathers were getting married and staying married? You mentioned India and arranged Marriage, Is "Arranged Marriage" not marriage? You also said India has the lowest rate of Divorce and still you said 50% of all marriages Fail! You keep contradicting yourself! Seriously, are you a victim of a failed Marriage? That you fell out of love doesnt mean all other persons fall out of love!

Becareful how you Argue, Else You Might Just meet Someone who is ready to rope you in With your very own Comments. . . ME!

1 Like

Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by iice(f): 12:22pm On Jul 10, 2011
claremont:

The fact of the matter is that these concepts/institutions are created by human beings, therefore there is no way we can extricate human beings from them. People commit atrocities in the name of the "love delusion", it is not love but rather, it is insanity.

True we created terms to define what we have come to understand or have hoped that we understood.
But in creating that term, we saw it in it's purity which is far from what we can do or have come to express.  
The thing is that, however you understand it to be, it would look insane compared to how you understand it to be.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 12:27pm On Jul 10, 2011
sexkillz:

Dude! Sorry if you got your heart broken! Look before you leap Next time! [size=10pt]When making arguments, try as much as possible not no generalize. If 50% of Marriages fail, why haven't the remaining 50% failed too? Ever Asked yourself that?
Where was the western world when our forefathers were getting married and staying married? You mentioned India and arranged Marriage, Is "Arranged Marriage" not marriage? You also said India has the lowest rate of Divorce and still you said 50% of all marriages Fail! You keep contradicting yourself! Seriously, are you a victim of a failed Marriage? That you fell out of love doesnt mean all other persons fall out of love!

Becareful how you Argue, Else You Might Just meet Someone who is ready to rope you in With your very own Comments. . . ME![/size]

This is not a generalization, but a product of widely available scientific papers. >50% of marriages in the western world end up in divorce, this data was compared to India where 90% of marriages do NOT end up in divorce, and the conclusion seems to reveal that the "Love delusion" remains the sole culprit. I am not trying to preach a gospel of "repentance" to those who would rather continue in their delusion, I am only showcasing a scientific perspective.

2 Likes

Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 12:37pm On Jul 10, 2011
Surely, if anyone really believed that I am wrong, then by now someone should have provided an objective definition of "love"? The absence of that indicates the height of indecision people who supposedly believe in "love" have in their belief.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 10, 2011
Subscribing
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 10, 2011
Well then, If your Are not trying to preach a Gospel of repentance, You should Change the Topic of this Thread to something that suits what you are Trying to Portray, and if you say you are Showcasing a Scientific Perspective, i'm happy to tell you that in Matters of Love and How it came to be, Science to Me is B.U.L.L.Poo! So said Because God the Creator is the very Personification of Love Meaning God=Love, Love=God. And since we were all made in the image of that God, we have inherent traits of that love which Science cannot, and will never Understand! Heck! It was science that told us Humans Came from Apes and as of the last time I Checked, all remaining Apes were still Apes. . .

Next time you post on this section, I'd advise you start a topic Based on your "Personal" or "Firsthand Experience" And save us All the stress of Solving Science Riddles! Peace! cool

1 Like

Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Tosinville(m): 12:48pm On Jul 10, 2011
Love exist but its 2% out of 100percentage refering back to the western world you're talking about.

You'll see an impotent man on a wheelchair with a complete beautiful housewife who'll stick to him claiming that are husband is her life.

^^Love is blind & Unconditional love still exist but its 2% in this globe now.

Sincerely, i bet few white folks can still define LOVE cos die together like bonnie & Clyde's love still exist but i doubt Jack & Rose love, cos there are different kind of love anyway.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Dyt(f): 12:54pm On Jul 10, 2011
D Op s rili givin it back mehn
sorry dude
we v all bn dere
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 10, 2011
claremont:

Surely, if anyone really believed that I am wrong, then by now someone should have provided an objective definition of "love"? The absence of that indicates the height of indecision people who supposedly believe in "love" have in their belief.

And I'll suggest that In your Future replies on this topic, you refrain from Using "I" This, "I" that! Cos like you said, This is a SCIENTIFIC PERSPECTIVE. . . Not YOURS!
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 12:56pm On Jul 10, 2011
sexkillz:

God the Creator is the very Personification of Love Meaning God=Love, Love=God. And since we were all made in the image of that God, Next time you post on this section, I'd advise you start a topic Based on your "Personal" or "Firsthand Experience" And save us All the stress of Solving Science Riddles! Peace! cool
So if the logic your argument is that God is love, therefore love exists. What about persons who do NOT believe in a God, are such persons love-less? You said "save us All the stress of Solving Science Riddles", is it so stressful for you to think rationally rather than pursuing an irrational delusion?, what is so stressful in making an argument on the basis of logical facts rather than moral hearsay?!

Tosinville:

Love exist but its 2% out of 100percentage refering back to the western world you're talking about.

You'll see an impotent man on a wheelchair with a complete beautiful housewife who'll stick to him claiming that are husband is her life.

^^Love is blind & Unconditional love still exist but its 2% in this globe now.

Sincerely, i bet few white folks can still define LOVE cos die together like bonnie & Clyde's love still exist but i doubt Jack & Rose love, cos there are different kind of love anyway.
What you referred to is termed mutual compatibility. Both persons are mutually compatible and tolerate each other's strengths and weakness. This mutual compatibility has sustained the marriages of our ancestors prior to the "love delusion". Divorce rates in western societies shot up the moment the concept of love started taking root.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 10, 2011
This will be my Last Reply on this Thread! You Cant Make me Change My Mind on "Love", Neither Can I make You change Your mind on Whatever it is You Believe. So it's 1:1! If 50% of the world's population believe that Love is Delusional, The remaining 50% do not think so. It's Stressful for me and will remain Stressful to Argue on HORSE POO! More like looking for a Black Cat At Night! We Could go on and on! If you Choose to continue Arguing with thin Air Bro, Feel free!

I do pray you find a woman that really Love You. Stop Dwelling on your Past Break up, dust your self up and MOVE ON! Take Care. cool

1 Like

Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 2:01pm On Jul 10, 2011
sexkillz:

This will be my Last Reply on this Thread! You Cant Make me Change My Mind on "Love", Neither Can I make You change Your mind on Whatever it is You Believe. So it's 1:1! If 50% of the world's population believe that Love is Delusional, The remaining 50% do not think so. It's Stressful for me and will remain Stressful to Argue on HORSE POO! More like looking for a Black Cat At Night! We Could go on and on! If you Choose to continue Arguing with thin Air Bro, Feel free!

I do pray you find a woman that really Love You. Stop Dwelling on your Past Break up, dust your self up and MOVE ON! Take Care. cool

Why oh why do some Nlanders lack the ability to discuss objectively without reading a personal connotation into it?! We are talking about scientific facts here and someone is suggesting that it must have happened to the poster hence his reasons for posting; what a ridiculous thing to say! Take it or leave it, but it is a fact that Love has been proven beyond every reasonable doubt to be a delusion. Whether people continue "falling in/out" of love is up to them. It is in the same vein that 80% of the bible has been proven to be false, but yet people still choose to believe in it, it doesn't affect the science of proof.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by BABE3: 2:05pm On Jul 10, 2011
LOVE exists. God LOVES the world. Jesus LOVES little children. I LOVE my family members.

PS-- There's nothing like TRUE LOVE! It's either you LOVE or you don't LOVE.

Refer to the book of Corinthians (chapter 13) for the meaning/attributes of LOVE.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by MsPotato(f): 2:05pm On Jul 10, 2011
Love does exist but true love is hard to come by. Thats just the problem.

The problem these days is that nobody is willing to sacrifice for one another. Nobody is willing to to settle down for what is within the person's heart. People these days fall in love for other hidden reasons like they are scared of being alone, they are poor and needed money from someone that could support them, they just want children and so on.

Butr no matter what I still believe true love happens and its out there.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 10, 2011
Monitoring
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by claremont(m): 2:15pm On Jul 10, 2011
If God=Love and Love=God, then are persons who do not believe in a God, love-less?! God and Love are both not mutually exclusive, they both can't be proven, their adherents are extremely volatile and passionate about their delusion, they both can lead to violence and atrocities, and since nobody can conclusively prove that they exist with a logical and objective definition, it therefore means that they are both non-existent. It's simple really, no one needs to be a rocket scientist to figure this out.
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by 190: 2:34pm On Jul 10, 2011
Love is wicked cry cry

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNjO0Busqog[/flash]
Re: "love" Does Not Exist, Let's Stop This Delusion! by BABE3: 2:38pm On Jul 10, 2011
Singing "NO LOVE" (Eminem Ft-Lil Wayne).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

5 Ways To Spot A Chronic Womanizer / Customs Boss Use & Dump Story: My Pics Were Stolen, Used For Evil- Girl Exclaims / Guys Get Severe Consequences For Cheating On Women These Days!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.