Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ (12791 Views)

Oil Barons Pushed Me Out Of EFCC – Waziri / Oil Barons Didn’t Sponsor Us, Saraki, Dogara Reply Akande / How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by Vidamia(m): 9:03pm On Nov 09, 2012
No oil baron is threaten her life since she and the government ain't name any oil baron behind the fuel subsidy...
Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by orelove4liff: 9:04pm On Nov 09, 2012
say-d-fact:
@theshadyexpress
which sacrifice she done make, rather putting up harse policy, She only came back for d money and fame.
money?lol.u dont knw wot u re sayin.fame?compare nigeria finance minista with world bank managin director.okonjo iweala was world bank MD b4 jonathan went to beg her to resign 4rm her post in world bank to come and serve her fada land 4 d 2nd time.dont 4get dat he had made her mark as finance minista durin obasanjo's regime and she resigned wen obasanjo started to dictate to her
Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 09, 2012
olatunde1234: the woman is responsible for the increase of petrol from #65 to #140 (above #140 in some area) and Nigerians will never forgive her as they dont forget Umar Musa Yaradua who reverse petrol from #70 to #65

Really? I guess you don't know that they did that for some reasons, 1. To save Nigeria's economy, 2. They exposed the scam that have been going on under the subsidy scheme.

If you are looking for Nigeria's problem currently, better start with the legislative and judicial arm of the country because those 2 i mentioned are the problem of Nigeria and not okonjo or gej. Get that
Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by AZeD1(m): 9:26pm On Nov 09, 2012
orelove4liff: shut up! Scammin has been occurrin in naija since 1914 but no president tuk time to xpose dem.jonathan is d 1st president to xpose dem and dats y u ppl dat lack knwledge are abusin him.jonathan is d 1st president to let nigerians knw there is sumtin they call "cabal" in nigeria.u ppl shld go and learn hw to be grateful
Dude grow up or get a brain.
Yar'Ádua was president and budget was subsidy was 300mil, GEJ became president and it jumped by 400% percent to 1.2 trillion.
Yar'Adua was president and we had less than 20 marketers, GEJ became president and in less than a year, we had over 70 marketers

I had to laugh at the bolded. Bros no vex oh but i think you are a very dull fellow.

gboss4sure:

Really?. Ok ask yourself why GEJ removed the subsidy or do you think of okonjo or gej was benefiting from the subsidy scam that they would remove it? lets think with our own heads.
GEJ used subsidy money for election is trying to recoup the money that's why he is claiming he wants to remove subsidy. Please tell me why subsidy jumped 400% from 300 billion to 1.2 trillion in the 1st 10 months of GEJ reign.

1 Like

Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by betrani(m): 9:30pm On Nov 09, 2012
gboss4sure: The hatred a lot of Nigerians show to this woman makes me wonder if she is their problem. This woman is trying to make things right but Nigerains are easily decieved by those oil thieves.

With this mindset of a lot of Nigerians these country will remain as it is if they don't change the way they think and start thinking reasonably
I like ur courage bro! Neva mind these noise makin Nigerians! They like being parochial with so much iliteracy and senselessness! The same set of idiots who are calling for the probe of oil thieves are the same set of people who call the "thieves catcher" a thief and a liar! Nigerians sorry to say this; Are "fish Brained" everyone claims to knw when they knw next to notin! Subsidy removal caused these same gay-gots to call the president all sorts of names when he decided that those thieves must not continue to milk the country dry! They brought out blood stained tents, bed bug infested mattrasses, smelly wrappers and unbrushed mouths, pitched tents with directionless people like el-rufai et al to fight the government! Issue is Nigerians don't knw what d want, don't knw what to believe in and can't say what they really knw! Its only to pretend to fight who should b fought and fight who is bold enough to confront who should b fought that senseless idiots knw!

1 Like

Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 09, 2012
A-ZeD:

Dude grow up or get a brain.
Yar'Ádua was president and budget was subsidy was 300mil, GEJ became president and it jumped by 400% percent to 1.2 trillion.
Yar'Adua was president and we had less than 20 marketers, GEJ became president and in less than a year, we had over 70 marketers

I had to laugh at the bolded. Bros no vex oh but i think you are a very dull fellow.

GEJ used subsidy money for election is trying to recoup the money that's why he is claiming he wants to remove subsidy. Please tell me why subsidy jumped 400% from 300 billion to 1.2 trillion in the 1st 10 months of GEJ reign.

Can you prove this? or is just a rumor peddled by opposition parties
Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by yohannazack(m): 9:36pm On Nov 09, 2012
Lolz, na today? We knw those whom their lives were truly threatened: dora akunyeli, gani fawemi of blessed memory, etc and not NOI, who has sold us international financial institutions and has put us in d mess we are today. She preached and is stil preachin subsidy removal as if she was preachin d comin of Jesus, recently she/sanus were in China sayin subsidy must be removed completly and was tellin chinese people dat IMF has ofad nigeria an interest-free loan. Nobody is afta her life rather she is d one afta d live of nigerians. Its indeed a foul cry to syphon more money.
Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by AZeD1(m): 9:37pm On Nov 09, 2012
betrani: I like ur courage bro! Neva mind these noise makin Nigerians! They like being parochial with so much iliteracy and senselessness! The same set of idiots who are calling for the probe of oil thieves are the same set of people who call the "thieves catcher" a thief and a liar! Nigerians sorry to say this; Are "fish Brained" everyone claims to knw when they knw next to notin! Subsidy removal caused these same gay-gots to call the president all sorts of names when he decided that those thieves must not continue to milk the country dry! They brought out blood stained tents, bed bug infested mattrasses, smelly wrappers and unbrushed mouths, pitched tents with directionless people like el-rufai et al to fight the government! Issue is Nigerians don't knw what d want, don't knw what to believe in and can't say what they really knw! Its only to pretend to fight who should b fought and fight who is bold enough to confront who should b fought that senseless idiots knw!

Bros if i forge your signature and cash all the money in your account will you hold the bank responsible?
Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 09, 2012
betrani: I like ur courage bro! Neva mind these noise makin Nigerians! They like being parochial with so much iliteracy and senselessness! The same set of idiots who are calling for the probe of oil thieves are the same set of people who call the "thieves catcher" a thief and a liar! Nigerians sorry to say this; Are "fish Brained" everyone claims to knw when they knw next to notin! Subsidy removal caused these same gay-gots to call the president all sorts of names when he decided that those thieves must not continue to milk the country dry! They brought out blood stained tents, bed bug infested mattrasses, smelly wrappers and unbrushed mouths, pitched tents with directionless people like el-rufai et al to fight the government! Issue is Nigerians don't knw what d want, don't knw what to believe in and can't say what they really knw! Its only to pretend to fight who should b fought and fight who is bold enough to confront who should b fought that senseless idiots knw!

Thats the exact reason Nigeria will remain the way it is, until we begin to see beyond regional politics and party this country has no future then. If you watch the way some peeps defend ACN here even when is clear they are wrong you will understand the hatred for anyone in GEJ administration.

A lot of Nigerians are just like wheelbarrow wherever you push them they go, they don't have a choice, they believe whatever they hears without using their own mentality to think straight.

They always says GEJ de thief subsidy money, yet he removed the subsidy and now they are crying. Let me ask them a simple question, will you close a door from where you get loads of money, do you think that if GEJ benfits from subsidy he would remove it?

Please let Nigerians ask their legislative to cut down their pay and allowances and lets see if they will agree to it, since those in government now closes the door from where they makes money. #NigeriansDontThink
Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by KINGwax(m): 9:40pm On Nov 09, 2012
Good move. It is long overdue, kill the pig already
Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by AZeD1(m): 9:46pm On Nov 09, 2012
gboss4sure:

Can you prove this? or is just a rumor peddled by opposition parties

Can you prove NOI is telling the truth?

Check for the subsidy debates on TV and hear for yourself
Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by AZeD1(m): 9:47pm On Nov 09, 2012
gboss4sure:

Thats the exact reason Nigeria will remain the way it is, until we begin to see beyond regional politics and party this country has no future then. If you watch the way some peeps defend ACN here even when is clear they are wrong you will understand the hatred for anyone in GEJ administration.

A lot of Nigerians are just like wheelbarrow wherever you push them they go, they don't have a choice, they believe whatever they hears without using their own mentality to think straight.

They always says GEJ de thief subsidy money, yet he removed the subsidy and now they are crying. Let me ask them a simple question, will you close a door from where you get loads of money, do you think that if GEJ benfits from subsidy he would remove it?

Please let Nigerians ask their legislative to cut down their pay and allowances and lets see if they will agree to it, since those in government now closes the door from where they makes money. #NigeriansDontThink
Can you tell us how the "cabal" duped Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 09, 2012
A-ZeD:

Can you tell us how the "cabal" duped Nigeria?

This question will be better directed to your brother OTEDOLA at least he follow
Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 09, 2012
A-ZeD:

Can you prove NOI is telling the truth?

Check for the subsidy debates on TV and hear for yourself

hmmm. Prove?. The doubling of more security around her is proof and do you think that she won't be threatened by them, even Obama gets threatened not to talk of NOI
Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by AZeD1(m): 10:08pm On Nov 09, 2012
gboss4sure:

This question will be better directed to your brother OTEDOLA at least he follow
Why would i ask Otedola? The Nigerian minister of Finance paid money for goods not supplied in a contract that says payment will be made after supply and you think she is innocent? Dude pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

2 Likes

Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by akpumping7720(m): 10:11pm On Nov 09, 2012
gboss4sure: The hatred a lot of Nigerians show to this woman makes me wonder if she is their problem. This woman is trying to make things right but Nigerains are easily decieved by those oil thieves.

With this mindset of a lot of Nigerians these country will remain as it is if they don't change the way they think and start thinking reasonably
Youngman, nobody hate her, was she not d one dat usually settles their claims before, why not verify their claims earlier b4 paying the oil marketers? They are all playing d politics game.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by feelxp(m): 10:11pm On Nov 09, 2012
Story
Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by oshyno(m): 10:12pm On Nov 09, 2012
I cringe, get soo fvcking mad and sometimes feel like killing somebody esp some hilli billy nairaland dimwits. Look at how soo many of u r condenming her like she caused ur poverty. Well prolly u will remain poor like dat cuz ur heart is full with hatred,anger and envy.I know high level individuals dat had t beg her b4 she accepted t come back n help u.Instead of rallying behind her ur busy pouring ur fustration on an innocent woman.God shud help open some peeps medular t reason like humans.

1 Like

Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by AZeD1(m): 10:14pm On Nov 09, 2012
akpumping7720:
Youngman, nobody hate her, was she not d one dat usually settles their claims before, why not verify their claims earlier b4 paying the oil marketers? They are all playing d politics game.
Bros God bless you. She has successfully passed the blame to Mr "cabal" when she did not do her work very well.
Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by akpumping7720(m): 10:17pm On Nov 09, 2012
A-ZeD:

Bros if i forge your signature and cash all the money in your account will you hold the bank responsible?
I beg no mind am jooo, na im people get fish brain. They post comment without reasoning first.
Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by otokx(m): 10:22pm On Nov 09, 2012
Media lies
Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by lafuria1(m): 10:23pm On Nov 09, 2012
hahahahahaha,who are this so called oil barons?? nigerians need to know them. u expect nigerians to defend her just like that,. by the way, which oil baron has she publicly indicted for corruption no names.again how did she know it was oil barons that threatned her
why will oil barons even bother to threaten her wen oransaya has done a very good job already. the f00l lawal is out of the way. so why shld oil barons fear her?
Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by newmaonza: 10:55pm On Nov 09, 2012
Oil Barons have been Threatening every Nigerian Live since time im-memorial ............. undecided
Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by CHIDIEJIOGU: 11:11pm On Nov 09, 2012
THEY CAN GO AHEAD AND THEATEN AS MUCH AS THEY WANT THEY'RE JUST A BUNCH OF TOOTHLESS BULL DOGS BARKING.
AS FOR MADAM FINANCE MINISTER,I'LL ADVICE HER NOT TO RELENT IN HER EFFORT TO SEE THAT JUSTICE IS DONE.
Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by cap28: 11:51pm On Nov 09, 2012
The world bank lackey is forever making up stories in order to cover up her crimes, i warned nigerians about this woman and everything i said is now happening, this woman is a criminal, you let her get away with it the first time when she scammed you of $35 billion which she transferred into the coffers of her masters in america and europe, she made her brother in america an overnight millionaire with the money she and Obasanjo looted from nigerian's foreign reserves , as if that wasnt bad enough she is back again to send many nigerians to an early grave, get ready for the next round of "subsidy removals" come January 2013.
Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 10, 2012
I am still of d opinion dat d gr8test mistake Okonjo-Iweala has eva made ws accepting 2 serve in GEJ's govt.
GEJ is unlike Obj; he is nt driven by passion or patriotism bt a desire 2 be in Aso rock wt d perks of d office at hz disposal 2 distribute as he wishes.
Now Okonjo is laching on an alleged threat 2 her life 2 draw sympathy 4rm Nigerians. This means dat her popularity is at d lowest.
Threat indeed!
Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by Nobody: 12:17am On Nov 10, 2012
pro01: I reckon it might cost less than $500,000 to hire expat professional contract killers/mercenaries to take out any Nigerian VIP protected by these incompetent policemen and SSS.

If the so-called oil thieves really want her dead, then she would be dead. Simple. What's the point of all this sentimental rubbish? If she is tired or scared, she might as well resign and run back to the World Bank. She's not indispensable.

Shut up your dirty mouth. What do you know about the competence or otherwise of SSS or Okonjo Iweala's security detail? Because they're Nigerian they must be incompetent? Are you incompetent at your job since you're a Nigerian (presumably)? This is how know-nothing idiots like you just come in here making loud-mouthed, ignorant and stup.id comments. Why don't you go and hire 'contract killer' and see how far it will get you? Ode oshi.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by Ozonna(m): 12:20am On Nov 10, 2012
cosmatika: Both d hunters and d hunted are amu robbers. Dis NOI luks more of a painted sepulchre to me. I even heard she wz having an affair wit JEG wen Dame wz in Germany(that one is left for U to confirm). Whether she's alive or dead it wont change d price of ciga

Its no longer Bianca Ojukwu or Diezani Madueke but NOI Guy, do u think she got to where she is today by sleeping around You are a mischievious person.

@ the topic, if ordinary fake drug traders could attempt to kill Akunyili then this threat by oil cabal may not be imagined but real considering the actors involved.

NOI is one of the square pegs in square holes in this govt. She seems to be doing the right things @ the macro economic level considering the favourable news always coming out of Bloomberg TV about Nigeria (I'm not an economist). She just needs to be complimented by other ministeries for us to start feeling it @ the micro economic level. She's doing a good job as our finance minister
Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by Nuzo1(m): 1:04am On Nov 10, 2012
Back in the days when Nairaland was what it was, comments from the first page would have carried very weighty and logical debate devoid of sentiments.
Now, out of every 20 comments, 17 commentators write for the sake of hoping to be the first to comment while the remaining who we used to look forward to reading their reasonable comments in those days write for the sake of remaining relevant even when their contributions makes no sense anymore due to sentiments.

NOI's crime as some Nigerians see it was her push to remove subsidy from fuel. Nigerians understandably tried resisting such policy even when most of them didn't know why.

She made her reasons clear:

1. If the government keeps paying the subsidy as it was then, the economy will collapse. Any true economist/policy maker would know that the economy was on a free fall.

2. That the Nigerian masses does not benefit as they should from such policy, hence the proposal for subsidy devpt account.

3. That the fuel subsidy programme has been marred by scam by a few government officials and individual/marketers (cabal).

Hell broke loose when the Farouk investigation showed that billions have been amassed by these marketers/cabal and their allies. Propaganda, misconception, mudslinging and blackmail started springing up. Mostly sponsored by the indicted oil marketers. Note that these marketers has amassed so much wealth that they can bribe almost anybody in their way.

I might be wrong, but to the best of my knowledge; she has never signed or payed any subsidy to any oil marketer. In fact, she has been up about how the CBN signs and approves these subsidies without their (MoF) verifying and clearing such approvals.

She may not have been doing her job as perfectly as most Nigerians would want her to, but so far; she has been carrying out her primary assignments as stipulated by the constitution.

Now, if the president and the designated agencies mandated to prosecute these indicted marketers are not forthcoming for reasons best known to them, then the burden of this whole mess shouldn't be on Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by COOLDUN: 3:50am On Nov 10, 2012
Nuzo':
Back in the days when Nairaland was what it was, comments from the first page would have carried very weighty and logical debate devoid of sentiments.
Now, out of every 20 comments, 17 commentators write for the sake of hoping to be the first to comment while the remaining who we used to look forward to reading their reasonable comments in those days write for the sake of remaining relevant even when their contributions makes no sense anymore due to sentiments.

NOI's crime as some Nigerians see it was her push to remove subsidy from fuel. Nigerians understandably tried resisting such policy even when most of them didn't know why.

She made her reasons clear:

1. If the government keeps paying the subsidy as it was then, the economy will collapse. Any true economist/policy maker would know that the economy was on a free fall.

2. That the Nigerian masses does not benefit as they should from such policy, hence the proposal for subsidy devpt account.

3. That the fuel subsidy programme has been marred by scam by a few government officials and individual/marketers (cabal).

Hell broke loose when the Farouk investigation showed that billions have been amassed by these marketers/cabal and their allies. Propaganda, misconception, mudslinging and blackmail started springing up. Mostly sponsored by the indicted oil marketers. Note that these marketers has amassed so much wealth that they can bribe almost anybody in their way.

I might be wrong, but to the best of my knowledge; she has never signed or payed any subsidy to any oil marketer. In fact, she has been up about how the CBN signs and approves these subsidies without their (MoF) verifying and clearing such approvals.

She may not have been doing her job as perfectly as most Nigerians would want her to, but so far; she has been carrying out her primary assignments as stipulated by the constitution.

Now, if the president and the designated agencies mandated to prosecute these indicted marketers are not forthcoming for reasons best known to them, then the burden of this whole mess shouldn't be on Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.

Paying subsidy to whom? On whose supervision? How on earth should somebody be paying money to the goods that were not supplied and didn't know until people reacted? Man, please study this matter well before lecturing us on what we know very well. How would you feel if your manager kept on paying for the goods that were not supplied to your shop, and later asked you bear the cost? These people are serving you and I, and not our masters as you guys are giving them room to claim. They suppose to account for us. I am not surprised if they hire you guys to defend them online. But pls defend with good and sound logics and not for tribal, party, or religion bases.
Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by flashdrive(f): 7:20am On Nov 10, 2012
We need to set up a committee to look into this
Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by Nuzo1(m): 7:37am On Nov 10, 2012
COOLDUN:

Paying subsidy to whom? On whose supervision? How on earth should somebody be paying money to the goods that were not supplied and didn't know until people reacted? Man, please study this matter well before lecturing us on what we know very well. How would you feel if your manager kept on paying for the goods that were not supplied to your shop, and later asked you bear the cost? These people are serving you and I, and not our masters as you guys are giving them room to claim. They suppose to account for us. I am not surprised if they hire you guys to defend them online. But pls defend with good and sound logics and not for tribal, party, or religion bases.

I find it to be very weak, shallow minded, boring and outdated strategy for people like you to accuse folks of being paid anytime they somehow manages to see reasons with any government official or policy.

Most of you don't read or do your researches before commenting ignorantly on issues otherwise you would noticed where I said the procedures of signing and approving subsidy does not give room for the ministry of finance to clear and check mate these marketers. Only the CBN and NNPC are involved in this procedure.

She's only being targeted by these marketers/cabals for her insistence on transparency and accountability should the FG decide to leave the subsidy.

NOI to the best of my knowledge has done her job. Its now left for the government and relevant government agencies to take up from where she stops in the performance of her duties as the finance minister.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘No Northern Candidate Can Defeat President Buhari’ - APC Claims / Cultism: Kingdom Model Secondary School Remains Closed - Umahi / Sani Tells FG: Hasten Efforts Before Boko Haram Moves Students Across Border

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.