Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ (12789 Views)

Oil Barons Pushed Me Out Of EFCC – Waziri / Oil Barons Didn’t Sponsor Us, Saraki, Dogara Reply Akande / How Oil Barons, Others Hijacked Senate, House Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by Kobojunkie: 8:42am On Nov 10, 2012
flashdrive: We need to set up a committee to look into this

We definitely need yet another committee set up personally for NOI and her threat claims. This year alone the thing don full basket overflow. She probably needs an army to protect her by now if we were to go by the number of times each month this claim has been circulated. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by ghettodreamz(m): 9:36am On Nov 10, 2012
God let thy kingdom come and thy will be done on Nigeria!
Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by PHIPEX(m): 9:53am On Nov 10, 2012
Nuzo':
Back in the days when Nairaland was what it was, comments from the first page would have carried very weighty and logical debate devoid of sentiments.
Now, out of every 20 comments, 17 commentators write for the sake of hoping to be the first to comment while the remaining who we used to look forward to reading their reasonable comments in those days write for the sake of remaining relevant even when their contributions makes no sense anymore due to sentiments.

NOI's crime as some Nigerians see it was her push to remove subsidy from fuel. Nigerians understandably tried resisting such policy even when most of them didn't know why.

She made her reasons clear:

1. If the government keeps paying the subsidy as it was then, the economy will collapse. Any true economist/policy maker would know that the economy was on a free fall.

2. That the Nigerian masses does not benefit as they should from such policy, hence the proposal for subsidy devpt account.

3. That the fuel subsidy programme has been marred by scam by a few government officials and individual/marketers (cabal).

Hell broke loose when the Farouk investigation showed that billions have been amassed by these marketers/cabal and their allies. Propaganda, misconception, mudslinging and blackmail started springing up. Mostly sponsored by the indicted oil marketers. Note that these marketers has amassed so much wealth that they can bribe almost anybody in their way.

I might be wrong, but to the best of my knowledge; she has never signed or payed any subsidy to any oil marketer. In fact, she has been up about how the CBN signs and approves these subsidies without their (MoF) verifying and clearing such approvals.

She may not have been doing her job as perfectly as most Nigerians would want her to, but so far; she has been carrying out her primary assignments as stipulated by the constitution.

Now, if the president and the designated agencies mandated to prosecute these indicted marketers are not forthcoming for reasons best known to them, then the burden of this whole mess shouldn't be on Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala.
What better analysis do you expect from some Nairalanders who will be so quick to complain that a news article is too long yet will rejoice for being the first to comment on same article? Most people who blame NOI have deliberately forgotten that she came into the govt after most of the subsidy fraud have been carried out moreso, I don't think her job discriptions involve policing oil importers in place of the Custom and other FG agancies. If the accusation is on increasing fuel then it's even managable but for someone to accuse her of benefitting from subsidy fraud is the height of ignorance or deliberate falsehood.

1 Like

Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by KENESAGA(m): 11:15am On Nov 10, 2012
fried-rice:
in saner climes, most of these indicted Barons should have been holed up by now.
the Presidency is just acting up, of course they cannot arrest themselves.
U CAN'T DO THAT ANY WHERE WITH UNVERIFIED REPORT
Re: Oil Barons ‘Threaten Okonjo-Iweala’s Life’ by werepeLeri: 12:23pm On Nov 10, 2012
acidtalk:

From the four first letters of your name (W-E-R-E) it shows you belong to Yaba left. Who the heck is Okonjo Iwealla and what has she done. Nigeria is just a freaking sick nation that respects certificate and titles than performance. No doubt Okonjo is a good Economist but Nigeria has far better Economist both within Nigeria and in diaspora but politics and sentiments won't let them call them to serve.

Okonjo's policies are anti-people. Who to bring about suffering and hardship to the common man. This other Minister of National Planning or so, this man that worked with goldsman sacs (don forget the spelling now) was a far better policy maker than Mrs Terrorist Iwealla.

Jonathan I am also in need of Security oh! Because Seun and his moderators are threatening my life.

Nonesense God forsaken country.

Yes I am in Yaba left where your Mum brings her smelly cu.nt to service the inmates daily so dey can get well. You think its only you who know how to abuse?

Eediot. I guess you are the economist better than NOI. Goat.

ee

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan's Name Has Brought Good-Luck To Nigeria / Deji Falae To Be Buried Today / Court Grants Fani-kayode And Usman Bail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.