Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,373 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State (33289 Views)

Protest In India Over The Killing Of Shiites By Nigerian Army In Zaria(photos) / Protest In London Over The Killing Of Shiites By Nigerian Army In Zaria (Photos) / 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by solbil: 8:43pm On Nov 11, 2012
ocelot2006:

Seriously, did you just mention the Ethiopians? The same Ethopians that got their collective asses handed to them by Al-Shabaab in Somalia? The very same group that are currently being trashed by the Ugandans, Kenyans, and even little Burundi?! Haba.

As for North Africa, pls don't even mention Libya, cos the old Libyan army got its bum whooped by the Chadians during the disastrous Pick-up War in the 80s. As for Algeria, yes they own a quite sophisticated and experienced army. 'don't really know about the Moroccans and Tunisians. The Egyptians also own a strong armed force that were quite successful against the Isrealis during the Yom Kippur war.
some people will mention libya forgeting that gadafi purposely held down the strength of his military so much so that when the uprising started, it was sticks that the locals in benghazi used to chase out the soldiers.
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by solbil: 9:17pm On Nov 11, 2012
@msauza, this thread isnt about naija/SA. Its about a report we are not suppose to take without careful analysis of facts. I first saw this report sometime ago and i cared less who wrote it. But i wast surprised when i learnt it was written by a ghanaian. These people actually wished they were in our shoes.

Want to know why we get sooo offended when we hear other africans talk us down? We have giving so much to these people in cash and kind without taking anything in return. There is no country in africa especially sub saharan that we have not helped in a way or two. Even you country SA.we have never braged about it becos what we do, we do for gods sake. We are mentioning it now becos people just have this anti nigeria sentiment.when we are being hit, you are not going to expect us not to defend ourselves.

SA is becoming more visible on the continent to day and thats a good thing! But with so much respect to all other africans, no one has given close to the 10bn dollar we have given from 1960-2010 and so many men we lost in the process!

It is common knowledge that since the time of slavery, the black mans image was rubbished. But with our effort , at least, we have brought some sanity. Does this meanother africans are not doing anything? No! I know of what ugandans and burundi are doing in the horn. I also know of the botswanas and their exemplary govt. I know of thee SAs about what they are doing to bridge the gap between races. Bt if there is one who believes so much in the continent, its nigeria.

We havelped others but have not recieved help from anyone yet. So you can understand it how we feel when when other africans want to look down at us.
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by solbil: 9:27pm On Nov 11, 2012
@mzauza, BTW how did you get to know this website and this topic? Did you just stumble across it? Just curious.
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by Msauza(m): 10:15pm On Nov 11, 2012
The Global Fire Power will be our only solution at this instance. It rates countries' firepower by its standing and ranking in the world and can be accessed at www.globalfirepower.com. Visit this website and surely will give you some light.
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by Msauza(m): 10:32pm On Nov 11, 2012
solbil: @mzauza, BTW how did you get to know this website and this topic? Did you just stumble across it? Just curious.
. @Solbil. I was born of a SA mother and Nigerian father. I have both or dual citizenship of SA and Nigeria, so I did not come to stumble to this forum by accident. It was suggested to me by my Nigerian friend, as I was always complaining about slow service delivery and infrastructural development in Nigeria as compared to South Africa.
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by funkybaby(f): 10:34pm On Nov 11, 2012
bamosagie:
I don't know which part of the world you are from so I would forgive your ignorance. This sponsored report is a calculated attempt to drag Nigeria into north Mali, I think the guardian would do well to ask Ghana, Niger, Senegal or other ECOWAS country to lead the operation.
As a matter of fact, Nigeria don't even need to put booth on the ground. We can use that time to train our troop & get equipment. It will be a glorious opportunity for other west African country to show their military prowess.

Spot on !!!

They should leave the Nigerian army out of any peace keeping operation.

Troops from Ghana, Liberia and even Togo should be sent to get the job done. tongue
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by Msauza(m): 11:11pm On Nov 11, 2012
solbil: @msauza, this thread isnt about naija/SA. Its about a report we are not suppose to take without careful analysis of facts. I first saw this report sometime ago and i cared less who wrote it. But i wast surprised when i learnt it was written by a ghanaian. These people actually wished they were in our shoes.

Want to know why we get sooo offended when we hear other africans talk us down? We have giving so much to these people in cash and kind without taking anything in return. There is no country in africa especially sub saharan that we have not helped in a way or two. Even you country SA.we have never braged about it becos what we do, we do for gods sake. We are mentioning it now becos people just have this anti nigeria sentiment.when we are being hit, you are not going to expect us not to defend ourselves.

SA is becoming more visible on the continent to day and thats a good thing! But with so much respect to all other africans, no one has given close to the 10bn dollar we have given from 1960-2010 and so many men we lost in the process!

It is common knowledge that since the time of slavery, the black mans image was rubbished. But with our effort , at least, we have brought some sanity. Does this meanother africans are not doing anything? No! I know of what ugandans and burundi are doing in the horn. I also know of the botswanas and their exemplary govt. I know of thee SAs about what they are doing to bridge the gap between races. Bt if there is one who believes so much in the continent, its nigeria.

We havelped others but have not recieved help from anyone yet. So you can understand it how we feel when when other africans want to look down at us.
. Point of correction, Nigeria never helped South Africa by any means. This is just misconception that had been spinning around the heads of Nigerians for many years and this fallacy needs to be corrected. Remember that South Africa under apartheid was a wealthy nation that needed no any financial support from any country. Despite being sanctioned for many years, it continued to sustain itself by developing its own military weapons without importing any from other countries. In fact, SA under a white rule was more wealthier than it is today and was a dream land for every white people in the world. That's why many Jews, Greeks, English and Portuguese relocated to SA during this era as it was a land of milk and honey for white people. To be more exact, Nigeria financially helped the ANC(SA political party) across the borders, after it was banned by the SA apartheid government and having many of its members arrested for treason. ANC members outside the borders of SA needed financial support to cater for their day to day needs in order to keep the struggle going. They requested financial support from many countries including Nigeria and their main financial providers being Britain and Russian. Russia provided them military training while Britain educated many of them including Mbeki( the former SA president) and now AU chairlady Nkosazana Zuma. Just check the profiles of many SA ministers, majority of them are foreign educated while they were in exile.
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by solbil: 11:19pm On Nov 11, 2012
Msauza: . @Solbil. I was born of a SA mother and Nigerian father. I have both or dual citizenship of SA and Nigeria, so I did not come to stumble to this forum by accident. It was suggested to me by my Nigerian friend, as I was always complaining about slow service delivery and infrastructural development in Nigeria as compared to South Africa.
i have never been to SA before and i wouldnt mind to go there. But nigeria is one country you can be soo proud of. As for infrastructures, i dont know if you have been to nigeria before. But you can see "lagos ,nigeria. Africa you dont see on tv" on youtube.
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by Msauza(m): 11:30pm On Nov 11, 2012
solbil: i have never been to SA before and i wouldnt mind to go there. But nigeria is one country you can be soo proud of. As for infrastructures, i dont know if you have been to nigeria before. But you can see "lagos ,nigeria. Africa you dont see on tv" on youtube.
. Solbil, we used to visit my granny in Enugu a lot. I have been in Lagos, Onitsha , Abuja , and other small towns but none of those cities matched SA standard. I want to see Nigeria looking like SA, but in that case only time will tell.
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by solbil: 11:36pm On Nov 11, 2012
Msauza: . Point of correction, Nigeria never helped South Africa by any means. This is just misconception that had been spinning around the heads of Nigerians for many years and this fallacy needs to be corrected. Remember that South Africa under apartheid was a wealthy nation that needed no any financial support from any country. Despite being sanctioned for many years, it continued to sustain itself by developing its own military weapons without importing any from other countries. In fact, SA under a white rule was more wealthier than it is today and was a dream land for every white people in the world. That's why many Jews, Greeks, English and Portuguese relocated to SA during this era as it was a land of milk and honey for white people. To be more exact, Nigeria financially helped the ANC(SA political party) across the borders, after it was banned by the SA apartheid government and having many of its members arrested for treason. ANC members outside the borders of SA needed financial support to cater for their day to day needs in order to keep the struggle going. They requested financial support from many countries including Nigeria and their main financial providers being Britain and Russian. Russia provided them military training while Britain educated many of them including Mbeki( the former SA president) and now AU chairlady Nkosazana Zuma. Just check the profiles of many SA ministers, majority of them are foreign educated while they were in exile.
i give up
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by solbil: 11:39pm On Nov 11, 2012
Msauza: . Point of correction, Nigeria never helped South Africa by any means. This is just misconception that had been spinning around the heads of Nigerians for many years and this fallacy needs to be corrected. Remember that South Africa under apartheid was a wealthy nation that needed no any financial support from any country. Despite being sanctioned for many years, it continued to sustain itself by developing its own military weapons without importing any from other countries. In fact, SA under a white rule was more wealthier than it is today and was a dream land for every white people in the world. That's why many Jews, Greeks, English and Portuguese relocated to SA during this era as it was a land of milk and honey for white people. To be more exact, Nigeria financially helped the ANC(SA political party) across the borders, after it was banned by the SA apartheid government and having many of its members arrested for treason. ANC members outside the borders of SA needed financial support to cater for their day to day needs in order to keep the struggle going. They requested financial support from many countries including Nigeria and their main financial providers being Britain and Russian. Russia provided them military training while Britain educated many of them including Mbeki( the former SA president) and now AU chairlady Nkosazana Zuma. Just check the profiles of many SA ministers, majority of them are foreign educated while they were in exile.
i give up. But pls know more about our role in you strugle.
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by texazzpete(m): 6:53am On Nov 12, 2012
I AM TIRED OF THESE F00LS WHO WANT TO BURY THEIR HEAD IN THE SAND LIKE AN OSTRICH.

ANSWER THIS SIMPLE QUESTION

WHAT MAIN BATTLE TANK DOES THE NIGERIAN ARMY USE? WHEN WAS IT MADE?

WHICH ARMORED PERSONNEL CARRIERS DO WE USE?

Simple questions, now provide an answer.
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by ACM10: 7:31am On Nov 12, 2012
solbil: i give up. But pls know more about our role in you strugle.
When and how did Nigeria help South Africa?
Remember that South Africa built and dismantled a nuclear weapon. Nuclear weapon can never be built with a borrowed money.
Did Nigeria offer SA financial help? If yes, can you provide evidence?
Did Nigeria give SA military support?
I will want to know the type of support which Nigeria gave to SA. Don't tell me that giving a partisan support to a political party can translate to helping the whole country. I'm waiting. . .
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by cutievik: 8:43am On Nov 12, 2012
I feel so hurt wen i see my fellow Nigerians look down on our dear armed forces,i would have layed facts on ground but let www.beegeagle.com do the job for me.thanks
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by ocelot2006(m): 10:00am On Nov 12, 2012
Msauza: . Point of correction, Nigeria never helped South Africa by any means. This is just misconception that had been spinning around the heads of Nigerians for many years and this fallacy needs to be corrected. Remember that South Africa under apartheid was a wealthy nation that needed no any financial support from any country. Despite being sanctioned for many years, it continued to sustain itself by developing its own military weapons without importing any from other countries. In fact, SA under a white rule was more wealthier than it is today and was a dream land for every white people in the world. That's why many Jews, Greeks, English and Portuguese relocated to SA during this era as it was a land of milk and honey for white people. To be more exact, Nigeria financially helped the ANC(SA political party) across the borders, after it was banned by the SA apartheid go
vernment and having many of its members arrested for treason. ANC members outside the borders of SA needed financial support to cater for their day to day needs in order to keep the struggle going. They requested financial support from many countries including Nigeria and their main financial providers being Britain and Russian. Russia provided them military training while Britain educated many of them including Mbeki( the former SA president) and now AU chairlady Nkosazana Zuma. Just check the profiles of many SA ministers, majority of them are foreign educated while they were in exile.

Sooo...you're saying we never gave any support to the ANC during your struggle against the then Racist govt of South Africa? That Nigeria was not your MOST VOCAL supporter and staunch opponent of the Apertheid govt. of SA? Huh...then I guess Nelson Mandela's visit to Nigeria in the late 80s just after his release was just for show.
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by ocelot2006(m): 11:49am On Nov 12, 2012
texazzpete: I AM TIRED OF THESE F00LS WHO WANT TO BURY THEIR HEAD IN THE SAND LIKE AN OSTRICH.

ANSWER THIS SIMPLE QUESTION

WHAT MAIN BATTLE TANK DOES THE NIGERIAN ARMY USE? WHEN WAS IT MADE?

WHICH ARMORED PERSONNEL CARRIERS DO WE USE?

Simple questions, now provide an answer.

Let's see...

NIGERIAN ARMY
Vickers MK3- 1978 (refurbished early 2000, current upgrades unkown)
T-72- 1971 ('don't know the actual production that for Nigeria's own batch oh)
T-55-
AMX-30- 1963
NB- this list excludes light and recce vehicles like the Scorpion () and Scimitar (). Also excluded were self-propelled artillery vehicles like the Palmaria Self-propelled howitzer () and the ZSU-24 Shilka and the Roland SAM system using the AMX-30 chasis (1977)

APCs
Igirigi-2012
Turkish Otokar Kobra MRAP- 1997
140xMOWAG Piranha 6x6-
MOWAG Grizzly- 1976 (first production date oh)
450xSteyr 4K7FA-1977
VBL All-Terrain Vehicle-??
BTR-60 8x8-1959
BTR-80UM 8x8-1986
BTR-3UK,3UR,3E- 2000
Engesa EE-11 Urutu-1960s/70s
MT-LB-1970s
Panhard M-3 APC- 1971

NIGERIAN POLICE FORCE (MOPOL+ATS)
RG-31 Nyala MRAP- 2004
Casspire MK3 APC-1979/1980
Saxon APC-1983
Streit Spartan MK-III- 20??
Streit Cougar MK-III-20??
Streit Cougar MK-II-20??
Streit Cougar MK-2-20??
Streit Cougar MK-3-
Hatehof Wolf APC-2006
Otokar Kobra-1997
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by ocelot2006(m): 11:57am On Nov 12, 2012
Oh, I forgot to add the Nigerian Army's Oshkosh Sandcat APC (2005). Then there's the Streit Jaguar and Typhoon that we've developed keen interest in.
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by Msauza(m): 12:45pm On Nov 12, 2012
ocelot2006:

Sooo...you're saying we never gave any support to the ANC during your struggle against the then Racist govt of South Africa? That Nigeria was not your MOST VOCAL supporter and staunch opponent of the Apertheid govt. of SA? Huh...then I guess Nelson Mandela's visit to Nigeria in the late 80s just after his release was just for show.
. You must take note that the whole world was against Apartheid SA, and not specifically Nigeria. Nelson Mandela immediately after his release visited many countries, majority of whom have supported ANC in exile. He visited among others Zambia in Lusaka, where the headquarters of ANC were situated, Tanzania, Botswana, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Nigeria, etc , to give them words of thanks for their contribution in the struggle and for not shutting down their doors on giving their fellow brothers a refuge to stay. Had it not been for the black citizens of SA, particularly the youth, the struggle would have not been achieved. ANC in exile was almost inactive since it was very difficult to cross the security-tight borders into SA territory.
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by ocelot2006(m): 12:56pm On Nov 12, 2012
Msauza: . You must take note that the whole world was against Apartheid SA, and not specifically Nigeria. Nelson Mandela immediately after his release visited many countries, majority of whom have supported ANC in exile. He visited among others Zambia in Lusaka, where the headquarters of ANC were situated, Tanzania, Botswana, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Nigeria, etc , to give them words of thanks for their contribution in the struggle and for not shutting out their doors on giving their fellow brothers a refuge to stay. Had it not been for the black citizens of SA, particularly the youth, the struggle would have not been achieved. ANC in exile was almost inactive since it was very difficult to cross the security-tight borders into SA territory.

Then why say that "Nigeria never helped South Africa by any means"? After all this nation had sacrificed for your own nation? As much as I don't want to belittle the struggle of your youth, do you really think you did all hard work? So who piled on the pressure on the foreign powers then? Who aided your ANC exiles in Zimbabwe while the South African govt hunted them down. We're not saying you should know-tow to us, but show a little gratitude.
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by Msauza(m): 1:18pm On Nov 12, 2012
ocelot2006:

Then why say that "Nigeria never helped South Africa by any means"? After all this nation had sacrificed for your own nation? As much as I don't want to belittle the struggle of your youth, do you really think you did all hard work? So who piled on the pressure on the foreign powers then? Who aided your ANC exiles in Zimbabwe while the South African govt hunted them down. We're not saying you should know-tow to us, but show a little gratitude.
. My dear friend, ANC is not South Africa and not everyone in SA support the ANC. The ANC is a political party and not a country. SA is a multi-party democracy and so you should understand that whoever wins the general elections rules the country. There is a difference between ANC and SA as a country. When days were dark for citizens of SA and when majority of youth were killed like cockroaches in a bloody 1976 Soweto massacre, nobody intervened not even the United Nations. They just never had as if they feared apartheid government as it was rumoured to be storing a lot of nuclear weapons that had the potential of destroying the planet.
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by ocelot2006(m): 1:50pm On Nov 12, 2012
^^Lord! You black South Africans are nothing but ingrates!! Apart from the ANC, which other party played a major role in the struggle?

With respect to the killings of blacks, what did you expect Nigeria to do? Invade South-Africa? But even the little, we did our very best. Throughout 70s and 80s, YOUR COUNTRY was one of the major focus of our foreign policy. Yet not even a damn thank you. 'guess now that everything's all well and good, you've developed some form of amnesia.

Seriously, it's time Nigeria focuses of foreign policies that places sole priority on our own interest. The years of playing good samaritan and brother's-keeper are over.
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by Msauza(m): 3:08pm On Nov 12, 2012
ocelot2006: ^^Lord! You black South Africans are nothing but ingrates!! Apart from the ANC, which other party played a major role in the struggle?

With respect to the killings of blacks, what did you expect Nigeria to do? Invade South-Africa? But even the little, we did our very best. Throughout 70s and 80s, YOUR COUNTRY was one of the major focus of our foreign policy. Yet not even a damn thank you. 'guess now that everything's all well and good, you've developed some form of amnesia.

Seriously, it's time Nigeria focuses of foreign policies that places sole priority on our own interest. The years of playing good samaritan and brother's-keeper are over.
. There were many parties, majority of which were banished and that include PAC, AZAPO, SACP(formerly a whites party which merged with the ANC in exile), BCM and many others which dissolved before 1994. As for the good job that Nigeria does must continue to do it. My point is that there is no single country that can ever claim to have single handedly helped the ANC to topple the apartheid. The world helped ANC, from S. American countries, Europe, Africa and Asia even though at other times USA was a supporter of Apartheid SA.
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by aduboy(m): 5:32pm On Nov 12, 2012
For anyone to come to this forum and talk about our military, I will advice the person to first enlist into the Nigerian military. In terms of basic military training, you can only compare Nigeria with Ukraine, Pakistan and India. That I score Nigeria 90%. In terms of equipment, we are just like any third world country as we use less precise hardware but what we have is still very effective. In terms of discipline, we can be scored 90% even above the western armies. Though a far cry from what was obtainable in the earlier days of our army. The whole world is failing in terms of discipline because of 'foolish' freedom. That's why its legal for American and western forces to be allowed to have sex with animals when on foreign mission and nobody terms that indiscipline. The only bad thing killing our army is politics and politicians infiltration, even religion has not been able to divide our army like it has done to our civil society.
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by ACM10: 5:43pm On Nov 12, 2012
Msauza: . My dear friend, ANC is not South Africa and not everyone in SA support the ANC. The ANC is a political party and not a country. SA is a multi-party democracy and so you should understand that whoever wins the general elections rules the country. There is a difference between ANC and SA as a country. When days were dark for citizens of SA and when majority of youth were killed like cockroaches in a bloody 1976 Soweto massacre, nobody intervened not even the United Nations. They just never had as if they feared apartheid government as it was rumoured to be storing a lot of nuclear weapons that had the potential of destroying the planet.
My brother, it's no rumour. SA built several nuclear warheads at the height of apartheid. They dismantled it under pressure from US and its NATO allies in exchange for support and improved relation. No sane country dare invade SA during the apartheid regime. Moreover, many of SA's nuclear scientists are still alive. Some were even implicated by the CIA for revealing the nuclear secrets to North Korea.
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by solbil: 8:03pm On Nov 12, 2012
its like all msauza knows about naija is the stereotype and nonsense he hears and sees on tv. So he is no longer proud of his country (according to him). But let me tell you; NIGERIA is by far bigger than you think. Our greatness did not come at the amalgamation or independence. It dates back into pre colonial times. We are home to several empires, kingdoms and republic civilizations that have proved the bias european explorers wrong about their notion of the black man. From Oyo to benin, Ife, sokoto caliphate, kanem bornu to the jukun, igala and nupe kingdoms, we have proved that the black man is not a "10 year old european only dirtier" but a man capable of something so sublime and aesthetic in philosophy, art, agriculture, government, religion, science and technology.

I simply do not have the time to continue to tell you of our great ness you just pick up materials and do a lil bit of edu then come to realise that we are not just "number" like you all claim we are but that we are truely a giant! I know you wish it wasnt so. But it is true.
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by solbil: 8:53pm On Nov 12, 2012
msauza knows nothing about our support for the ANCs and black people in SA. He doest know we gave scholarship to black SAs to study in our federal govt colleges and unis. He deosnt know that we employed your professors in our unis. He doesnt know that civil servants salaries were cut so that money could be donated into your strugles. We did all these yet he calls our support "partisan". Msauza, what you have done is unaceptable level of ungreatfulness.

You claim our support is for the ANC like the struggle against apartheid is not to the benefit of all SAs, blacks, whites, indians alike.
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by Msauza(m): 6:15am On Nov 13, 2012
solbil: msauza knows nothing about our support for the ANCs and black people in SA. He doest know we gave scholarship to black SAs to study in our federal govt colleges and unis. He deosnt know that we employed your professors in our unis. He doesnt know that civil servants salaries were cut so that money could be donated into your strugles. We did all these yet he calls our support "partisan". Msauza, what you have done is unaceptable level of ungreatfulness.

You claim our support is for the ANC like the struggle against apartheid is not to the benefit of all SAs, blacks, whites, indians alike.
. Let me first start to tell you that my dad is a prof in one of the biggest and reputable universities in SA. He specialises in Economics and Public Administration, and he holds MBA as well. As for me, am a candidate attorney practising under an experienced group of white SA attorneys. One of the disciplines that I would like to study further after my admission in the High court as an attorney is Military law. I love Nigeria a lot, but have one problem though that even my father admit that when Nigeria is facing challenges, unlike South Africans ordinary citizens of Nigeria fail to admit that they are in crisis. Instead of debating constructively with facts, they turn to play so defensive by telling the world that they are the giants of Afica and are immune to social problems. That time of playing big is over, many countries in Africa are making a big progress and by the time you smell the coffee it would have already been over. Many countries are refurbishing their Armies with new technology and since when was the last time did Nigeria enter into an Arms Deal to replenish their dinosaurs kind of weapons in the Army. The weapons that they are using are old fashioned and remember that a war cannot be won by just a mere numbers, but the kind of technology you are using. We have to admit the NAF as well is in crisis as compared to other Air Force of other countries, let alone the fact that it is not even recognised around the world. Nigeria needs a change, we need to call for a revolution, but the problem is many of them lack political education.

1 Like

Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by Msauza(m): 6:41am On Nov 13, 2012
solbil: msauza knows nothing about our support for the ANCs and black people in SA. He doest know we gave scholarship to black SAs to study in our federal govt colleges and unis. He deosnt know that we employed your professors in our unis. He doesnt know that civil servants salaries were cut so that money could be donated into your strugles. We did all these yet he calls our support "partisan". Msauza, what you have done is unaceptable level of ungreatfulness.

. One question though, what if the Democratic Alliance (DA) wins majority polls in the general elections of SA? Do you know that the DA poses a big threat to the ANC? I wonder after the DA rule SA, will the likes of Nigeria ever sing the song "We did this and that" to SA.

1 Like

Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by Madawaki01(m): 7:59am On Nov 13, 2012
The foregoing refers.
Going into Mali, the core
requirement is for troops
who are trained in
Counterterrorism,
Counterinsurgency and
Desert Warfare. Against
the backdrop of the fact
that unlike no time before
in its history, the Nigerian
Army are currently
churning out CTCOIN-
biased troops, the report
which was scripted by
Afua Hirsch was
calculated to defame and
to mislead.
* In 2012 alone, the
Nigerian Army have
trained over 8,000 troops
in the RELEVANT
counterinsurgency and
counterterrorism skills of
Close Quarter Combat,
Fighting In Built-Up Areas,
IED/Ambush Defeat,
Hostage Rescue, House
Clearing and trained
combat engineers and K
9(War Dog) teams, both
at home and in the United
States of America.
As we write this, another
batch of 1,500 troops are
undegoing training in the
same arts at the all-new
Nigerian Army Training
Centre, ensuring that
within the next few
weeks, the total number
of CTCOIN-biased troops
trained in this one year
alone would rise to 9,500
officers and men.
Afua Hirsch’s article
becomes even more
laughable against the
backdrop of the fact that
as recently as October 1st,
the Nigerian Army
commissioned a new 176
Special Forces Battalion.
That would complement
the older 72 Special Forces
Battalion which has been
in existence for a few
years now and has
already seen action in the
Niger Delta and in our
War on Terror.
This is to say that by the
end of this month, the
Nigerian Army should be
in a position to say that
they have put together
enough Special
Operations Forces and
CTCOIN-biased troops to
form an army division.
More importantly, they
have been inducted into
battle, gaining relevant
combat experience in the
process.
Even if ECOWAS decide to
send in 4,000 troops to
Mali with Nigeria making
up half of that number,
how can a Nigeria with
that number of troops
(11,000) with tailor-made
skills and experience
applicable to the Malian
situation be objectively
assessed by any journalist
worth his onions, as not
having the men with the
requisite skills sets? The
Nigerian Armed Forces
similarly undertake
mandatory desert warfare
field training – the
geographical imperative
for operating in Mali.
See FOOTNOTES in the
comments section to
judge for yourself.
Concerning KITTING,
there is nothing else to do
than follow up the obtuse
claims advanced by Afua
Hirsch by showing
photographs of the troops
who are currently leading
the War on Terror at this
time inside Nigeria and
from whose ranks the
troops who shall be going
to Mali will be drafted.
Photographs presumably
are still worth a thousand
words.
It is instructive to note that
the ONLY factory which
manufactures night vision
goggles and bulletproof
vests anywhere in West,
East or Central Africa was
commissioned this year, a
joint venture between
Isreali firm MAROM
DOLPHIN and the Defence
Industries Corporation of
Nigeria. What other items
do we need going into
Mali? For goodness sake,
we even now produce
Night Vision Goggles
(essential for CTCOIN
operations) and
bulletproof jackets in
Nigeria. So what was she
saying about kitting?
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by Madawaki01(m): 7:59am On Nov 13, 2012
The foregoing refers.
Going into Mali, the core
requirement is for troops
who are trained in
Counterterrorism,
Counterinsurgency and
Desert Warfare. Against
the backdrop of the fact
that unlike no time before
in its history, the Nigerian
Army are currently
churning out CTCOIN-
biased troops, the report
which was scripted by
Afua Hirsch was
calculated to defame and
to mislead.
* In 2012 alone, the
Nigerian Army have
trained over 8,000 troops
in the RELEVANT
counterinsurgency and
counterterrorism skills of
Close Quarter Combat,
Fighting In Built-Up Areas,
IED/Ambush Defeat,
Hostage Rescue, House
Clearing and trained
combat engineers and K
9(War Dog) teams, both
at home and in the United
States of America.
As we write this, another
batch of 1,500 troops are
undegoing training in the
same arts at the all-new
Nigerian Army Training
Centre, ensuring that
within the next few
weeks, the total number
of CTCOIN-biased troops
trained in this one year
alone would rise to 9,500
officers and men.
Afua Hirsch’s article
becomes even more
laughable against the
backdrop of the fact that
as recently as October 1st,
the Nigerian Army
commissioned a new 176
Special Forces Battalion.
That would complement
the older 72 Special Forces
Battalion which has been
in existence for a few
years now and has
already seen action in the
Niger Delta and in our
War on Terror.
This is to say that by the
end of this month, the
Nigerian Army should be
in a position to say that
they have put together
enough Special
Operations Forces and
CTCOIN-biased troops to
form an army division.
More importantly, they
have been inducted into
battle, gaining relevant
combat experience in the
process.
Even if ECOWAS decide to
send in 4,000 troops to
Mali with Nigeria making
up half of that number,
how can a Nigeria with
that number of troops
(11,000) with tailor-made
skills and experience
applicable to the Malian
situation be objectively
assessed by any journalist
worth his onions, as not
having the men with the
requisite skills sets? The
Nigerian Armed Forces
similarly undertake
mandatory desert warfare
field training – the
geographical imperative
for operating in Mali.
See FOOTNOTES in the
comments section to
judge for yourself.
Concerning KITTING,
there is nothing else to do
than follow up the obtuse
claims advanced by Afua
Hirsch by showing
photographs of the troops
who are currently leading
the War on Terror at this
time inside Nigeria and
from whose ranks the
troops who shall be going
to Mali will be drafted.
Photographs presumably
are still worth a thousand
words.
It is instructive to note that
the ONLY factory which
manufactures night vision
goggles and bulletproof
vests anywhere in West,
East or Central Africa was
commissioned this year, a
joint venture between
Isreali firm MAROM
DOLPHIN and the Defence
Industries Corporation of
Nigeria. What other items
do we need going into
Mali? For goodness sake,
we even now produce
Night Vision Goggles
(essential for CTCOIN
operations) and
bulletproof jackets in
Nigeria. So what was she
saying about kitting?
Re: UK Guardian - Nigerian Army's In A Shocking State by solbil: 8:09am On Nov 13, 2012
@msauza, no one is living in denial. You dont live in the country so you dont know how unpopular the nigeria state is among nigerians. I tell you; NO ONE in nigeria will tell you we are a giant. Its only few of us. This is somethingyou can even verify on this site. You have people come here and call nigeria names like shithole etc.

Listen to the bbcs programme on our 50th independence anniversary, and come to see that nigerians are completely broken. Listen to the radio and hear every one talk about situation of things. No one is inspired at all. I am not exaggerating.

I really have to end it here becos this is becoming toxic for me. So bye.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Bagudu Gives Fish To Aisha Buhari As Gift (Photos) / Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead / Between A Muslim-Muslim Ticket and A Return Of Presidency to North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.