Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,446 members, 7,836,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

"Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola (26493 Views)

Why Do Our Identity Cards Expire? / Synchronizing PVC, Drivers License, National Identity Cards, NHIS, ATM.. Etc / Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by naturalwaves: 2:39am On Nov 10, 2012
Lusola15:

I get atlest 5 to 9 scam text messages every month hw do u think dey get pple number. Am sure some as called u tell u won glo dis mtn dt etc. And u shuld pay.
I don agree o I go register
I op we don't regret ooo

Lolz@ I don agree o. Okay. No need for repetitions as Cooger has done justice to your post up there. Cheers!
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 2:39am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

how can you be proud of sh1t?

5yr old mum covers my eyes when walking down the street, why? yoruba women pissin on the street of london.

12yr old yoruba women takes iced fish on board flight to new york. fish melts , cabin reeks like her Womanliness.

mah God. what is there to be proud of?
As I want to focus on the topic, this will be my last response to you as you've chosen to focus on tribe.
I am proud because of the Yoruba history, crafts, talents, and our achievements as a tribe!

I've never been to London, will love to visit though grin grin So, I don't know how true ur statement is.

Fvcking Liar!! For years, I've been living in the U.S, I've never boarded a plane with a Nigerian where the whole plane was smelling of fish. Shut the fvck up cos what u said doesn't even make sense. When did they start allowing you board a plane with fish in ur handbag or small luggage?? When??!! mtcheew!

2 Likes

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 2:39am On Nov 10, 2012
geeez:

It's for residents. Is that so hard to understand?

If you will be living in Lagos, you need to get registered so the state can make adequate provision for you. Is that not what it is?

If you are visiting, you won't need it. Will Chevron issue you a staff ID just because you wanna come in for a meeting?

so if i visist lagos and have a car crash and i get rushed to casualty , i wont be treated by lagos state hospital cos i dont have a card?

get real. you guys know what this is really about.

it's all about votes. The SE got GEJ into office and they dont like what ACN is doing in Lagos. They will mobilize and vote ACN and put Tinibu in Jail.

This is down to ethnicity.

The Bokos are targeting non-muslims and southerners in the north because the latter voted massively against Buhari.

The killings started in Kaduna after the election result were annouced and at one time the Bokos asked non-muslims and southerners to vacate the north.

Lagos state has deported Nigerians from their own country. Fact.

The Okada ban is to further drive the hausas who are a majority in that line of business out of Lagos.

I am no f00l to this gimmick and also to the fact that all of you supporting this trash are all tribal monkeys

1 Like

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by geeez: 2:40am On Nov 10, 2012
Baby mama:

Since you are the Lagos representative please educate me
Who is a resident?
What qualifies one to be a Lagos resident?

A resident of a state is a person who lives and works (or hopes to work) in that state. Hope that helps
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by coogar: 2:40am On Nov 10, 2012
geeez:
It's just one out of many things I've listed

it would also reduce the government wage bill on ghost workers.....police were able to reduce wages from N1.5billion per month to N500 million just because a biometric exercise was deployed! imagine what would be found out in other federal ministries in lagos..........
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by geeez: 2:41am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

so if i visist lagos and have a car crash and i get rushed to casualty , i wont be treated by lagos state hospital cos i dont have a card?

get real. you guys know what this is really about.

it's all about votes. The SE got GEJ into office and they dont like what ACN is doing in Lagos. They will mobilize and vote ACN and put Tinibu in Jail.

This is down to ethnicity.

The Bokos are targeting non-muslims and southerners in the north because the latter voted massively against Buhari.

The killings started in Kaduna after the election result were annouced and at one time the Bokos asked non-muslims and southerners to vacate the north.

Lagos state has deported Nigerians from their own country. Fact.

The Okada ban is to further drive the hausas who are a majority in that line of business out of Lagos.

I am no f00l to this gimmick and also to the fact that all of you supporting this trash are all tribal monkeys

You will be treated. If you travel abroad and you don't have a health insurance, won't you be treated if you had an accident? But then you will bear the cost .. .as usual
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 2:42am On Nov 10, 2012
Shollypopz:
I am proud because of the Yoruba history, crafts, talents, and our achievements as a tribe!

yeah rite, like they invented the ipad

Fvcking Liar!! For years, I've been living in the U.S, I've never boarded a plane with a Nigerian where the whole plane was smelling of fish. Shut the fvck up cos what u said doesn't even make sense. When did they start allowing you board a plane with fish in ur handbag or small luggage?? When??!! mtcheew!

1996 prior to Osama. You could take a chain saw through customs and they will even hi-five you.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 2:42am On Nov 10, 2012
U can see those people against the idea are the Igbos and Hausas. They clearly do not want the best for Lagos as a Yoruba state.

If it hurts u so much that Lagos is making progress, go back to your state and implement the same law!! Shikena!
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by geeez: 2:43am On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

it would also reduce the government wage bill on ghost workers.....police were able to reduce wages from N1.5billion per month to N500 million just because a biometric exercise was deployed! imagine what would be found out in other federal ministries in lagos..........

Ghost workers ke? Lagos I can confidently say has no ghost workers, maybe ghost residents grin
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by phemybof(m): 2:43am On Nov 10, 2012
I lyk ds man,a wel job don by mr. FASH. Dats how dey ar doin in som advanc contry even d nearby GHANA,COTE D IVORY.its only 9ja dnt wory of cater 4 its citizens.how could u be livin in a country witout a tracable identification?
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 2:44am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

1996 prior to Osama. You could take a chain saw through customs and they will even hi-five you.
I was still a young child in 1996. Sorry, I can't recall much that happened back then
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 2:44am On Nov 10, 2012
geeez:

A resident of a state is a person who lives and works (or hopes to work) in that state. Hope that helps

So I get off a Chisco bus to attend interviews in Lagos while crashing at my uncle's place, or become an apprentice seamstress for my madam I am now a resident?
If I claim to work in Lagos,how do the card issuers verify that claim,what if I claim self employed,how do they prove it.
Have you seen that your definition of residency makes no sense and leaves people to the mercies of the card issuers who can now devise their own rules based on tribe etc
[size=18pt]this state ID scheme is one big argument against state policing
National ID scheme yes but state ID a definite no[/size]
It will become another tribal tool

1 Like

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 2:45am On Nov 10, 2012
Shollypopz:
I was a toddler in 1996. Sorry, I can't recall much that happened back then

i will destroy your grown up c**t if you want, but i guess it will reek of spoil fish
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by coogar: 2:45am On Nov 10, 2012
geeez:

Ghost workers ke? Lagos I can confidently say has no ghost workers, maybe ghost residents grin

the ghost residents overloading the power transformers and the other amenities in the state! governor fashola is too lenient - there are tough measures he can introduce that would decongest lagos......the smallest state in land size is the most populous - very bizarre!

Baby mama:
So I get off a Chisco bus to attend interviews in Lagos while crashing at my uncle's place, or become an apprentice seamstress for my madam I am now a resident?
Have you seen that your definition of residency makes no sense

you are not a resident if you get off a chisco bus - you are a visitor!
of course, to get the resident ID card, a proof of address would be required - an utility bill with a lagos address or a bank statement in our name would tell us if you are staying in lagos or you are an alien! i don't expect an onitsha resident coming to lagos for the first time to have a bank statement of a lagos bank, do you?
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by iykak47: 2:46am On Nov 10, 2012
Horus:

[size=17pt]Lagos Begins e-registration[/size]

LAGOS—Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State has said that his administration will soon commence the issuance of electronic identity cards with unique identification numbers to all residents of the state. He said it was aimed at creating a reliable data base of all citizens in the state.

Fashola, who spoke, after signing the bill establishing the Lagos State Residents Registration Agency, in his office, added that the identity cards would also be used by residents to access government services and help the state in planning for its citizens.

Apart from the bill, which makes registration compulsory for all residents in the state, the Governor also signed the Heritage Sites Bill into law. The heritage law seeks to preserve and protect historical sites in the state.

Fashola said: “The Lagos Residents Registration bill that has just been signed into law is dear to our state. It will serve as a critical planning tool for the government and help us respond to citizens’ needs more effectively.

“Also, the law will help us deal with the issue of security as residents will be issued an electronic card with unique identification which they will carry for life.”

The governor said the [b]registration was compulsory for all residents irrespective of their state of origins, adding that the government would strictly enforce compliance as soon as it becomes operational[/b].

He said the pilot registration of civil servants had since commenced in the state and that the government decided to start with its workers to test-run the exercise.

He dismissed insinuations in certain quarters that the registration was meant for taxation purpose, saying that it was strictly to create a data base of all citizens for development purposes.

Source: http://actioncongressnigeria.org/2011/06/28/lagos-begins-e-registration/
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 2:47am On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

the ghost residents overloading the power transformers and the other amenities in the state! governor fashola is too lenient - there are tough measures he can introduce that would decongest lagos......the smallest state in land size is the most populous - very bizarre!

when has Lagos state supplied a transformer? get real dude. your problem is in your race

1 Like

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 2:48am On Nov 10, 2012
Shollypopz: U can see those people against the idea are the Igbos and Hausas. They clearly do not want the best for Lagos as a Yoruba state.

If it hurts u so much that Lagos is making progress, go back to your state and implement the same law!! Shikena!

dont be a sillycunt that you are. Lagos cant be Lagos with other tribes. Picture dirty a55 mushin and all the agbereos
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by coogar: 2:49am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:
when has Lagos state supplied a transformer? get real dude. your problem is in your race

shut up, please!
don't address me with your brainless remarks and idiotic rants - find someone else to play with! i have a zero tolerance for simpletons of your ilk!
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by geeez: 2:50am On Nov 10, 2012
Baby mama:

If I claim to work in Lagos,how do the card issuers verify that claim,what if I claim self employed,how do they prove it.
Have you seen that your definition of residency makes no sense and opens itself to the mercies of the card issuers?

Every legal business is registered so if you claim you work with UBA for instance, it can be verified

Also Lagos has done a property identification exercise meaning every house address can be verified

I don't work for Lagos State but I believe these are systematically orchestrated plans to effective manage the state

1 Like

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 2:50am On Nov 10, 2012
geeez:

or hopes to work?

i wish i can work as a scuba diva trainer in Fiji but that doesn't make me a citizen of Polynesia, those it?
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 2:50am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

i will destroy your grown up c**t if you want, but i guess it will reek of spoil fish
spoilt fish u mean? undecided
Nah, it's squeaky clean baby! Check ur breath, dammit!! Have u tried mouth wash?? It helps with the smell undecided
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 2:51am On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

- Congestion charge on the Island..
- Road Tax..
- Council Tax..

If he can implement those three, I bet most people would be out of Lagos before next summer... grin

However, if he's going to do that, he also needs to implement welfare programmes for the disadvantaged people in the state...
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by geeez: 2:52am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

dont be a sillycunt that you are. Lagos cant be Lagos with other tribes. Picture dirty a55 mushin and all the agbereos

Now this guy needs to have his head examined.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 2:52am On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

shut up, please!
don't address me with your brainless remarks and idiotic rants - find someone else to play with! i have a zero tolerance for simpletons of your ilk!

you mad bro?

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 2:53am On Nov 10, 2012
geeez:

Now this guy needs to have his head examined.

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 2:53am On Nov 10, 2012
Please, don't feed the troll...
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 2:54am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

What d fvck are u saying, u demented goat!! Lagos will be Lagos with or without other tribes! Now shut ur pie hole, I've had enough of ur silly talk!
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 2:54am On Nov 10, 2012
Shollypopz:
spoilt fish u mean? undecided
Nah, it's squeaky clean baby! Check ur breath, dammit!! Have u tried mouth wash?? It helps with the smell undecided

i detect the smell of fresh herpes.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by geeez: 2:54am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

or hopes to work?

i wish i can work as a scuba diva trainer in Fiji but that doesn't make me a citizen of Polynesia, those it?

Those with at least half the intelligence of a ten year old already understand what I mean and I wasn't talking to you brainless Yoruba hater but no matter how hard you hate, we still lead
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 2:56am On Nov 10, 2012
Shollypopz:
What d fvck are u saying, u demented goat!! Lagos will be Lagos with or without other tribes! Now shut ur pie hole, I've had enough of ur silly talk!

this thread jus got more interesting. maybe i stick around for a while

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by tucker12(m): 2:57am On Nov 10, 2012
its a waste of money...
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by coogar: 2:57am On Nov 10, 2012
shymexx:

- Congestion charge on the Island..
- Road Tax..
- Council Tax..

If he can implement those three, I bet most people would be out of Lagos before next summer... grin

However, if he's going to do that, he also needs to implement welfare programmes for the disadvantaged people in the state...

there's council tax in lagos(i think) but its called tenement rate!

congestion charge is very necessary in lagos island - if you drive in the congestion zone, N10,000 flat! failure to pay that day and the value increases until lastma tracks down the car and impound it. all those yahoo boys who drive aimlessly around the island to show off their newly bought 2nd hand cars and build up needless traffic would stay put in the suburbs....

road tax and MOT should also be introduced and enforced religiously.....only the people who can afford to stay in lagos should be in lagos.......i want to stay near buckingham palace too but i cannot afford £10,000 per week to rent a flat there.....same principle should apply in lagos!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Eid Mubarak: Jonathan Celebrates With Muslims, Some Nigerians React(screenshots) / Lagos APC Announces Femi Hamzat As Jide Sanwo-olu’s Running Mate / "Aso Rock Juju Has Turned Osinbajo To A Devil" - Ayo Adebanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.