Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,369 members, 7,864,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:35 AM

"Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola (26559 Views)

Why Do Our Identity Cards Expire? / Synchronizing PVC, Drivers License, National Identity Cards, NHIS, ATM.. Etc / Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 2:18am On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:
they were hoping to squeeze money out of you - the nigerian house is the most useless organisation in europe! i am writing an article on that place for publication by christmas! hopefully, jonathan and the exterior minister would see it and sack our ambassador here - how they can continue to ignore the shoddy services rendered in that place is cringeworthy! the customer service is the poorest i have experienced since i was born!

Those people are a waste of space...

It's better to bribe your way through and pay an insider than waste your time by going there to apply for anything...

The place looks like those warehouse churches in Peckham Rye and Old Kent road...
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 2:18am On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

immigration cannot be tackled - security is the target!
fashola cannot control who comes into lagos - but he can make lagos unbearable for the immigrants in such a way that they would lose the appetite to stay in lagos! fashola should up the ante - make 80% of lagos roads a congestion zone.....build more toll plazas, make the resident's ID card compulsory or introduce incentives to having one.....for instance, .people with the IDs get 10% discount on their transport fare or free toll till 2015. grin

progressive thinking indeed
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by geeez: 2:19am On Nov 10, 2012
Great move

So we know how many Igbos live with us, where they are and how to deal with them decisively grin

But seriously there's nothing wrong with a state trying to identify its residents and create a database that will help in better administering the state. It will serve the following purposes:

1. Effective Tax Monitoring
2. Effective provision of infrastructure
3. Provision of adequate security. (Since you know which areas have the most population)
4. A database for the unemployed with a view to establishing a social security structure
5. Provision of effective health care
6. Prioritization of transportation routes, links and means
7. Education for school aged children

Ati be be lo
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 2:19am On Nov 10, 2012
It'a fvcking good idea!!

When it's time for census, those Igbo and Hausa ppl will go to their village to be counted. Can u imagine the level of illiteracy??

For years, Lagos state has been trying to increase the amount of funds allocated to the state. Since funds are given based on population, I think.

Can you imagine places like Kano and Kaduna getting more funding from the federal government than Lagos state. When we all know the population in Lagos is way more than those states.

You get counted in ur state and then come to Lagos to overpopulate the state and share the lil funding it receives, Illiterates!!

2 Likes

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 2:19am On Nov 10, 2012
shymexx:

It's better to bribe your way through and pay an insider than waste your time by going there to apply for anything...

The place looks like those warehouse churches in Peckham Rye and Old Kent road...

the UK should deport you card scammers asap!
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 2:20am On Nov 10, 2012
geeez: Great move

So we know how many Igbos live with us and where they are and how to deal with them decisively grin

But seriously there's nothing wrong with a state trying to identify its residents and create a database that will help in better administering the state. It will serve the following purposes:

3. Provision of adequate security. (Since you know which areas have the most population)
4. A database for the unemployed with a view to establishing a social security structure

Ati be be lo

[size=60pt]you see this sh1t[/size]
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 2:21am On Nov 10, 2012

So we know how many Igbos live with us and where they are and how to deal with them decisively grin

Ati be be lo
GBAM!! I love ur use of Ati be be lo instead of etc smiley
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 2:21am On Nov 10, 2012
Shollypopz: It'a fvcking good idea!!

When it's time for census, those Igbo and Hausa ppl will go to their village to be counted. Can u imagine the level of illiteracy??

For years, Lagos state has been trying to increase the amount of funds allocated to the state. Since funds are given based on population, I think.

Can you imagine places like Kano and Kaduna getting more funding from the federal government than Lagos state. When we all know the population in Lagos is way more than those states.

You get counted in ur state and then come to Lagos to overpopulate the state and share the lil funding it receives, Illiterates!!

you dont get it at all...
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by kabaka1: 2:22am On Nov 10, 2012
acidtalk: Oga Fasho don dey kolo small small.

Very soon people go dey use Visa from Anambra before dem go fit enter Obodo Lasgidi.

U just de sound like u be illiterate. Do u know why western society is more organized? Well, this is one of d reasons- everybody in any domain has to have a legal ID card to be deemed a legal resident of that domain. This is d way to go 4 more organized Lagos city
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 2:22am On Nov 10, 2012
lemme guess..."the illuminati" right? tongue
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by coogar: 2:22am On Nov 10, 2012
shymexx:

i hate going there......
the people behind the counter are so unruly - one would think living in a civilised society would have changed those tools but na lie.....they have slow thought process, loud, shoddy with their jobs and no regard for applicants at all......the nigerian ambassador to the uk should be tied to a stake and flogged for allowing such rubbish!
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 2:23am On Nov 10, 2012
--
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by geeez: 2:23am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

[size=60pt]you see this sh1t[/size]

What shit? What I see is you struggling to get noticed with this font size
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 2:26am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

you dont get it at all...
*shocked that u're nice, expected insults.*

To answer u, I get it and I know exactly what I'm talking about. Having a Resident I.D doesn't hurt anybody!
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by coogar: 2:26am On Nov 10, 2012
shymexx:
Go look for your white mother, you half-human half-reptilian bred!
The topic is about BLACK PEOPLE, not bastards of no defined race - fvck off... undecided
Your trolling is getting on my nerves!

don't feed the troll - he must be one of seun's spambot set to purpose to infuriate members to drive traffic! ignore the troll abeg.....
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 2:26am On Nov 10, 2012
Shollypopz:
GBAM!! I love ur use of Ati be be lo instead of etc smiley

this place reeks of amala.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 2:26am On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:
i hate going there......
the people behind the counter are so unruly - one would think living in a civilised society would have changed those tools but na lie.....they have slow thought process, loud, shoddy with their jobs and no regard for applicants at all.......

The damn place mirrors what Nigeria actually looks like and everything wrong with Nigeria...
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 2:27am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

this place reeks of amala.
That must be your breath! Crest baby, it works magic!
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 2:27am On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

don't feed the troll - he must be one of seun's spambot set to purpose to infuriate members to drive traffic! ignore the troll abeg.....

Thanks - I'll ignore him..
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by geeez: 2:28am On Nov 10, 2012

So we know how many Igbos live with us, where they are and how to deal with them decisively grin

Ati be be lo

Even in my own neighborhood in Lagos, residents of the estate have residents' card. So what should I do? Sell my property and move away?
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 2:28am On Nov 10, 2012
shymexx::

Go look for your white mother, you half-human half-reptilian bred!
The topic is about BLACK PEOPLE, not bastards of no defined race - fvck off...
Your trolling is getting on my nerves!

at least am not a nigger
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 2:28am On Nov 10, 2012
The problem arises,who is a Lagosian?
What is the qualification
Can a Lagos resident who moves to Abuja or London continue to carry his ID card and can a JJC who just arrived Lagos get an ID card?
Of what purpose is this ID if I may ask and how do they verify that the individual is what he claims to be?
Is there a means electronically to verify an authentic I D from an oluwole
this is just a money making venture someone thought out and I see it being a tool for harassment and extortion and nothing more
The workers at the place will start issuing out resident cards as their private business at exorbitant fees to out of staters
Mark my words,this will not solve any problems but create many

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 2:29am On Nov 10, 2012
Baby mama: The problem arises,who is a Lagosian?
Can a Lagos resident who moves to Abuja or London continue to carry his ID card and can a JJC who just arrived Lagos get an ID card?
Of what purpose is this ID if I may ask and how do they verify that the individual is what he claims to be?
this is just a money making venture someone thought out and I see it being a tool for harassment and extortion and nothing more

maybe GEJ will have to present his diplomatic passport anytime he comes down to lagos
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by geeez: 2:31am On Nov 10, 2012
Shollypopz:

When someone calls himself cuntdestroyer, you can be too sure he's had a brain damage
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by amor4ce(m): 2:31am On Nov 10, 2012
suggested registration date: dec 18 2012 till jan 4 2013
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 2:32am On Nov 10, 2012
Shollypopz:

how can you be proud of sh1t?

5yr old mum covers my eyes when walking down the street, why? yoruba women pissin on the street of london.

12yr old yoruba women takes iced fish on board flight to new york. fish melts , cabin reeks like her Womanliness.

mah God. what is there to be proud of?

1 Like

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by geeez: 2:33am On Nov 10, 2012
Baby mama: The problem arises,who is a Lagosian?

It's for residents. Is that so hard to understand?

If you will be living in Lagos, you need to get registered so the state can make adequate provision for you. Is that not what it is?

If you are visiting, you won't need it. Will Chevron issue you a staff ID just because you wanna come in for a meeting?
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 2:33am On Nov 10, 2012
geeez:

When someone calls himself cuntdestroyer, you can be too sure he's had a brain damage

this aint about my handle but if it's down to it, then know i have been known to beat that Womanliness up
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 2:34am On Nov 10, 2012
The most interesting thing about this is that, people won't be able to evade taxes...

That's another avenue to generate funds for the Lagos state government and I see the IGR of Lagos jumping from 33billion to about 100billion in the next couple of years...

This policy should be applauded by everyone who wants the best for Lagos!

1 Like

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by queensmith: 2:35am On Nov 10, 2012
I am an avid supporter of Fashola but this move arches one (or both of my eyebrows) grin grin. The constant mention of 'illegal aliens into the state', a literal translation of the statement insinuates Lagos has an exclusive immigration problem . . . . . Lagos is overpopulated but I doubt it has an immigration problem- unless the problem arises from citizens from other parts of Nigeria migrating into the state. I wonder if that is what the Lagos state government is referring to?

There has often been whispers that Fashola posses an elitist tribalist sentiment, as much as I respect citizens of urban populations and the need they feel to protect their territory, these sentiments are almost never without facist intentions.

On a speculatory note I am yet to observe an immigration problem and I haven't heard of any alarming reports suggesting so, is Lagos state initiating what can be termed as 'ethnic cleansing'?
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by geeez: 2:37am On Nov 10, 2012
shymexx: The most interesting thing about this is that, people won't be able to evade taxes...

That's another avenue to generate funds for the Lagos state government and I see the IGR of Lagos jumping from 33billion to about 100billion in the next couple of years...

This policy should be applauded by everyone who wants the best for Lagos!

It's just one out of many things I've listed
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 2:38am On Nov 10, 2012
geeez:

It's for residents. Is that so hard to understand?

If you will be living in Lagos, you need to get registered so the state can make adequate provision for you. Is that not what it is?

If you are visiting, you won't need it. Will Chevron issue you a staff ID just because you wanna come in for a meeting?

Since you are the Lagos representative please educate me
Who is a resident?
What qualifies one to be a Lagos resident? I have other questions after this,let us go systematically

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Corrupt Nigerians Fighting Me With Stolen Wealth, Buhari Laments / Regional Poverty In Nigeria- North, South-West Worse Hit / "Why Buhari’s Government Is The Most Corrupt" - Ozekhome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.