Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,641 members, 7,861,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:04 AM

"Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola (26550 Views)

Why Do Our Identity Cards Expire? / Synchronizing PVC, Drivers License, National Identity Cards, NHIS, ATM.. Etc / Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by ibnquasale(m): 3:40am On Nov 10, 2012

1 Like

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 3:43am On Nov 10, 2012
shymexx:

Where in the article did they imply that the illegal immigrants are non-Yorubas? - there are thousands(probably millions) of non-Nigerians living in Lagos, and the governor might be talking about ascertaining the total number of these people... And I'm sure non of them would be deported back to their countries, if they abide by the laws of the state(and Nigeria is also a member of ECOWAS)..

The only way the governor can generate funds to implement wealth distribution and welfare programmes is through IGR, and that has to come through taxes...

You think you are talking to a f00l. Was it not you in another post suggesting that shanty homes be demolsihed

shymexx:

I concur!

The state needs to generate more money by taxing the elites more for their exhibitionist lifestyles and distribute the wealth... All the shanty houses in the state also needs to be demolished - and the funds accrued from the taxes paid by the exhibitionists should be used to build well defined housing estates around the state for the poor because every sane society needs a mix of the rich, middle class and the poor... However, to qualify for a flat in the housing estate - you've to either be from Lagos, be born and raised there, or have lived there for a period of time(preferably 10 years straight)... All those who can neither afford to pay the taxes nor live in Lagos - should be made to leave the place...

leave immigration matters to the Immigration authorities and me and you know the least problem in Lagos is illegal aliens.

You have posted here referring to utopia Lagos if Lagos can be decongested. If Lagos 20million population is a macrocosm of Nigeria then you so imply that non-Lagosians or preferably non-Oduans be exiled.

So be so implying you suggested that the root of Lagos backwardness is as a result of the influx of people you don't deem fit to live in Lagos, a city which happens to be one of the world's least inhabitable places.

Shymex, I don't know what took you to the UK but I hope you get deported.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by ibnquasale(m): 3:45am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer: F00LS will remain f00ls.

none of you in support of this policy have been able to prove to me why this is a good idea.

The burden of proof seems to be on those who oppose this wasteful endeavor.

Rather than invest such funds into public utilities you want to waste it on card registration.

If the aim behind this is to ascertain the population of Lagos why not conduct a censor? Won't that be far cheaper?

By issuing a resident card you assume that certain individuals are entitled to certain privileges and rights and the only one I can think of for now is the right to register to vote.

I believe strongly the the Lagos state assembly would come out in the future with another Law that states that only valid residents will be eligible to register to vote.

Dont be f00led this is not to improve Lagos but to ensure power remains within the same thieving establishment.

If y'all can't see that, then y'all must be blind.

help me and tell them oooo.... I pity the future of our dear nation, the supposed future (youth) dont want to use their head again, instead they jump without thinking at any policy bn made especially if its lagos state government...
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 3:45am On Nov 10, 2012
ibnquasale:

what do u know abt databases? No where in d world do u see a single state handling that... Tinubu tried it doing d last census, and didnt proved experts like us wrong, cos, nothing came out of it (he used it as a basis for establishing more local government which obj rejected)
a politically bias state like lagos (i dont want to politicized this issue) handling d database of persons would definitely take advantage of others....
You asked me for other things lacking or rather more pressing issues.... Security, good government (and not some idiotic autocratic slowpoke who is always right). Good roads and more bridges, zero tolerance to tout and agberos, proper monitoring of her watch dogs like lastma, Kai... Oga , open ur eyes and mind, u will definitely see more pressing issues

my GAWD! Intelligent life form at last.

I just liked you bro
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 3:45am On Nov 10, 2012
ibnquasale:
what do u know abt databases? No where in d world do u see a single state handling that... Tinubu tried it doing d last census, and didnt proved experts like us wrong, cos, nothing came out of it (he used it as a basis for establishing more local government which obj rejected)
a politically bias state like lagos (i dont want to politicized this issue) handling d database of persons would definitely take advantage of others....
You asked me for other things lacking or rather more pressing issues.... Security, good government (and not some idiotic autocratic slowpoke who is always right). Good roads and more bridges, zero tolerance to tout and agberos, proper monitoring of her watch dogs like lastma, Kai... Oga , open ur eyes and mind, u will definitely see more pressing issues

At the bolded - who's going to finance all that?

I'm an IT guy and there's absolutely nothing difficult or overly expensive about a database of 20million people.. Heck, there are bespoke software for that...
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 3:46am On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

if he doesn't have it, then he should not be in lagos....
area boy does not have any document to show he has been in lagos? no hospital record? no birth/death record? no police record? no tenancy agreement? no marriage certificate? no driving license? no passport? no bank account? no association? no thrift record? nothing with his name even if its related to wife, kids, next of kin? nigga please....

these are the kind of people the exercise is trying to isolate and chase out of lagos!

And if he knows no other home than Lagos born and bred, where do you suggest he be shipped to?
Ogun state or Oyo?

this is getting funny
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by NegroNtns(m): 3:46am On Nov 10, 2012
Una still dey here?

Na wah o! shocked
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by amor4ce(m): 3:47am On Nov 10, 2012
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by harlos: 3:47am On Nov 10, 2012
Hehehehehehe another sensor
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by coogar: 3:47am On Nov 10, 2012
ibnquasale:

what do i know about databases? i can process all the enzymes in your body with laplace transforms and code the product into a database....who do you think you are talking to?

you can't be serious....
so how do you intend to tackle crime effectively if there's no database for the law enforcers to work with? have you ever asked yourself why policing in the developed world is very easy? look no further than the database.....

go to a crime scene, process it, look for clues - get fingerprint sample and dna sample....run it in the lab, find a match.....and the culprit is found effortlessly! because of this same database, his last known address is also known.....within few days, the culprit is already behind bars. there's no juju - no guess work!

Baby mama:

And if he knows no other home from Lagos,where do you suggest he be shipped to?
Ogun state or Oyo?

if he's been in lagos all his life then there has to be a document somewhere that would be linked to him - even if it means going back to his primary school to get his testimonial...stop this hide and seek tactics to knock down a positive step - other african countries have tried this exercise and it's worked for them - why should nigeria be different?

why should i even care about an agbero whether he should be in lagos or not? people who don't have anything to show they have been in lagos all their lives should be feared if anything - it means they can commit any sort of crime and disappear into the thin air................i hope the people in this category get found out and chased out of the state - they offer nothing to the state!
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 3:48am On Nov 10, 2012
Who the hell are these bloody illiterates arguing against State Identification? See why I insist this country has to split because a lot of these idiots still live in the past?
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 3:50am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:
You think you are talking to a f00l. Was it not you in another post suggesting that shanty homes be demolsihed

I said shanty homes should be demolished, however, the Lagos state government should build well defined housing estates to house the people affected from the monies accrued from taxes... Hence, why I suggested more taxes on the lifestyles of the elites and distribution of wealth..

leave immigration matters to the Immigration authorities and me and you know the least problem in Lagos is illegal aliens.

You have posted here referring to utopia Lagos if Lagos can be decongested. If Lagos 20million population is a macrocosm of Nigeria then you so imply that non-Lagosians or preferably non-Oduans be exiled.

So be so implying you suggested that the root of Lagos backwardness is as a result of the influx of people you don't deem fit to live in Lagos, a city which happens to be one of the world's least inhabitable places.

Shymex, I don't know what took you to the UK but I hope you get deported.

I'll get deported back to my mum's womb and become born again.. grin
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 3:51am On Nov 10, 2012
shymexx:

At the bolded - who's going to finance all that?

I'm an IT guy and there's absolutely nothing difficult or overly expensive about a database of 20million people.. Heck, there are bespoke software for that...

because steve jobs invented an ipad that can go and manually register and take biometric data from 20million peeps.

It will cost at least 500 naira each. so if Lagos excludes at least 50% then we have a wage bill of at least 100billion implying that only 2million above the age of consent get registered.

Tinibu is proposing another job
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by NegroNtns(m): 3:52am On Nov 10, 2012
Ibnqasale,

What exactly do you mean when you remark that Lagos is politically biased? What kind of thought went into such a warped conclusion. Politically, what is Lagos? Mind you, Lagos is older than Nigeria.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 3:53am On Nov 10, 2012
kingoflag: Who the hell are these bloody illiterates arguing against State Identification? See why I insist this country has to split because a lot of these idiots still live in the past?

yes we know the antecedents of a thieving tinibu
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 3:55am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:
because steve jobs invented an ipad that can go and manually register and take biometric data from 20million peeps.

It will cost at least 500 naira each. so if Lagos excludes at least 50% then we have a wage bill of at least 100billion implying that only 2million above the age of consent get registered.

Tinibu is proposing another job

WTF is this clown on about?

Where in the article did they talk about biometric data? - and who the heck needs iPads for a normal database that can be stored on a normal database server??

You're lean, go take a nap, mate...
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 3:55am On Nov 10, 2012
Negro_Ntns: Ibnqasale,

What exactly do you mean when you remark that Lagos is politically biased? What kind of thought went into such a warped conclusion. Politically, what is Lagos? Mind you, Lagos is older than Nigeria.

your conjectures are not correlating. You just put sentences together without making a valid statement.

Go back to your alomo
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by ibnquasale(m): 3:55am On Nov 10, 2012
your defeatist idealism, you won't get anywhere....
just do your due diligence and forget about what tinubu does with your taxes! [/quote]

defeatist idealism indeed.... Can u imagine how u are thinking? An individual steals state money, some idiots are creating more means of doing so for him, and You are telling me to forget abt that.... I am so disappointed at ur level of thinking... It everyone steals like tinubu and every other person thinks like u, then this nation is totally dead

i may not be able to do anything about it now, but posterity will definitely jugde him and his cohorts like u
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 3:57am On Nov 10, 2012
shymexx:

WTF is this clown on about?

Where in the article did they talk about biometric data? - and who the heck needs iPads for a normal database that can be stored on a normal database server??

You're lean, go take a nap, mate...

as i have said before, your problem remains in your inability to comprehend written text and see sarcasm when it is depicted. Mind you it's not your fault. It takes a much higher brain power to decipher higher IQ post.

dealwithit.jpg
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 3:58am On Nov 10, 2012
ibnquasale: your defeatist idealism, you won't get anywhere....
just do your due diligence and forget about what tinubu does with your taxes!

defeatist idealism indeed.... Can u imagine how u are thinking? An individual steals state money, some idiots are creating more means of doing so for him, and You are telling me to forget abt that.... I am so disappointed at ur level of thinking... It everyone steals like tinubu and every other person thinks like u, then this nation is totally dead

i may not be able to do anything about it now, but posterity will definitely jugde him and his cohorts like u

this country is finished bro
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by coogar: 3:59am On Nov 10, 2012
ibnquasale:

do you have any concrete proof that tinubu has been stealing your money or this is one of those beer parlour conjectures? i don't deal with conjectures but facts.....if you are strongly convinced tinubu has been stealing from lagos and he's making the lives of lagosians miserable then take him to court - this is why you have a judicial process in the country!
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 3:59am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

I can bet my last buck that individuals from neighboring SW states will be exempt from this policy.

This is B.S.

This policy is meant to ensure that ACN gets re-elected since the Yorubas are the only ones buying fashola's b.s. even here on NL.

Disenfranchisement in the making.

Florida tried this trick prior to Obama's re-election.

How did Florida try this? Are you ok,Eh, illiterate?
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 3:59am On Nov 10, 2012
Anyone against this policy should have his, or her head examined...

It seems Nigerian love disorderliness, filth - and most are allergic to change..

Perhaps, that's why the country is stuck in the medieval ages!! undecided undecided
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 4:00am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

yes we know the antecedents of a thieving tinibu
you're either a troll or a child, either way it's time you log off cus u just keep sounding stupider and stupider.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 4:01am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:
as i have said before, your problem remains in your inability to comprehend written text and see sarcasm when it is depicted. Mind you it's not your fault. It takes a much higher brain power to decipher higher IQ post.

dealwithit.jpg

Higher IQ post by a sectioned psychotic patient - go take your ritalin dosage... grin
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 4:01am On Nov 10, 2012
shymexx: Anyone against this policy should have his, or her head examined...

It seems Nigerian love disorderliness, filth - and most are allergic to change..

Perhaps, that's why the country is stuck in the medieval ages!! undecided undecided
Nigerians don't love disorder. A certain 2 sections of the country love disorder. There's a difference.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 4:02am On Nov 10, 2012
kingoflag:

How did Florida try this? Are you ok,Eh, illiterate?

I don't have to be your libary but sometime late last year the State of Florida proposed a law that will ensure that low-income minority voters don't get to be registered.

Also, the Obama campaign was successful twice by aggressively mobilizing low-income voters to vote.

You are ignorant and as such I won't waste my time further to explain.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by coogar: 4:03am On Nov 10, 2012
shymexx: Anyone against this policy should have his, or her head examined...

nigerians are like swines in the swamp......
no matter how you try to scrub them off the dirt, they still crave the murky waters..... shymmex, there's no place like home....... grin cheesy
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 4:04am On Nov 10, 2012
kingoflag: you're either a troll or a child, either way it's time you log off cus u just keep sounding stupider and stupider.

you want know a troll if it hit you with a registration scam
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 4:04am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

I don't have to be your libary but sometime late last year the State of Florida proposed a law that will ensure that low-income minority voters don't get to be registered.

Also, the Obama campaign was successful twice by aggressively mobilizing low-income voters to vote.

You are ignorant and as such I won't waste my time further to explain.

Most reta rded thing I've read so far on this thread. Stick with Nigerian pufflitics plz
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 4:05am On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

nigerians are swines in the swamp......
no matter how you try to scrub them off the dirt, they still crave the murky waters..... shymmex, there's no place like home....... grin cheesy

Home in the swamp inhabited by swines, no? - I'll pass on that... grin
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 4:06am On Nov 10, 2012
shymexx:

Higher IQ post by a sectioned psychotic patient - go take your ritalin dosage... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Rights Group Stop Buhari's Planned Visit To UK, Sights Human Rights Violations. / Supreme Court: APC Stages Counter-Protest In Abuja / Oladejo: Tinubu’s False Age, Educational Qualification Accusations Unjustifiable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.