Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,137 members, 7,860,085 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:23 AM

"Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola (26545 Views)

Why Do Our Identity Cards Expire? / Synchronizing PVC, Drivers License, National Identity Cards, NHIS, ATM.. Etc / Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 2:59am On Nov 10, 2012
geeez:

...but no matter how hard you hate, we still lead

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by geeez: 2:59am On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

there's council tax in lagos(i think) but its called tenement rate!

congestion charge is very necessary in lagos island - if you drive in the congestion zone, N10,000 flat! failure to pay that day and the value increases until lastma tracks down the car and impound it. all those yahoo boys who drive aimlessly around the island to show off their newly bought 2nd hand cars and build up needless traffic would stay put in the suburbs....

road tax and MOT should also be introduced and enforced religiously.....only the people who can afford to stay in lagos should be in lagos.......i want to stay near buckingham palace too but i cannot afford £10,000 per week to rent a flat there.....same principle should apply in lagos!

Great! Will work when there are more buses and trains
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 2:59am On Nov 10, 2012
shymexx: Please, don't feed the troll...

i feed your motherfarking mouth
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 3:01am On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

you are not a resident if you get off a chisco bus - you are a visitor!
of course, to get the resident ID card, a proof of address would be required - an utility bill with a lagos address or a bank statement in our name would tell us if you are staying in lagos or you are an alien! i don't expect an onitsha resident coming to lagos for the first time to have a bank statement of a lagos bank, do you?

And if I have come to Lagos stay,I am still not a resident.At what point after I get off a Chisco bus do i become a resident based on the earlier definition
geeez:

A resident of a state is a person who lives and works (or hopes to work) in that state. Hope that helps
Or you disagree with that definition?

So to have resident card according to you one must have a bank statement,so all Lagosians must be employed and must have bank accounts,I believe u are assuming that banks send out bank statements to their customers in Nigeria
Mama sikira in Islae Eko selling Akara and akamu will have to open a bank account in Lagos to prove her residency
What if I am a student or an apprentice at a workshop, or a long term job applicant doing odd jobs am I still qualified to be a resident.
Please educate us on proof of address,how does a card issuer verify one's address In Lagos and what proof of address does one bring
What utilities?
Water or electricity?
How about people that have neither of the two since NEPA bills are often just in the landlords name

You don't sound like you spent any adult years in Nigeria
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 3:02am On Nov 10, 2012
PEACE?

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by geeez: 3:06am On Nov 10, 2012
Baby mama:

And if I have come to Lagos stay,I am still not a resident.At what point after I get off a Chisco bus do i become a resident based on your earlier definition
So to have resident card one must have a bank statement,so all Lagosians must be employed and must have bank accounts,I believe u are assuming that banks send out bank statements to their customers in Nigeria
Please educate us on proof of address,how does a card issuer verify one's address In Lagos and what proof of address does one bring
What utilities?
Water or electricity?
How about people that have neither of the two since NEPA bills are often just in the landlords name

Even when opening a bank account, the utility bill doesn't have to be in your name. It's just a proof that the address truly exists. Now like I said earlier, Lagos State already knows all its houses as they have been identified and won't require this.

And to your question of when you become a resident, if you get off a bus and know you wanna live in Lagos, you will go to your nearest LGA and register. Simple
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by coogar: 3:07am On Nov 10, 2012
Baby mama:
And if I have come to Lagos stay,I am still not a resident.At what point after I get off a Chisco bus do i become a resident based on your earlier definition
So to have resident card one must have a bank statement,so all Lagosians must be employed and must have bank accounts,I believe u are assuming that banks send out bank statements to their customers in Nigeria
What utilities?
Water or electricity?

i don't know why this theory is so ambiguous to some people...

you either decide if you want to stay in lagos or not.....if you are visiting, you don't need the ID card, if you want to stay in lagos, then you need the ID card. now, how do you show proof of address? utility bills in your name is a proof! land phone is a proof of address.....

if all those fail, car registration number is a proof, bank statement is a proof, birth certificate of your children is a proof, marriage certificate is a proof, dstv document is a proof, your nigerian passport is a proof, school certificate is a proof, a copy of your tenancy agreement is a proof! if you don't have any of this then something is fishy!
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 3:07am On Nov 10, 2012
F00LS will remain f00ls.

none of you in support of this policy have been able to prove to me why this is a good idea.

The burden of proof seems to be on those who oppose this wasteful endeavor.

Rather than invest such funds into public utilities you want to waste it on card registration.

If the aim behind this is to ascertain the population of Lagos why not conduct a censor? Won't that be far cheaper?

By issuing a resident card you assume that certain individuals are entitled to certain privileges and rights and the only one I can think of for now is the right to register to vote.

I believe strongly the the Lagos state assembly would come out in the future with another Law that states that only valid residents will be eligible to register to vote.

Dont be f00led this is not to improve Lagos but to ensure power remains within the same thieving establishment.

If y'all can't see that, then y'all must be blind.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 3:08am On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:
there's council tax in lagos(i think) but its called tenement rate!

congestion charge is very necessary in lagos island - if you drive in the congestion zone, N10,000 flat! failure to pay that day and the value increases until lastma tracks down the car and impound it. all those yahoo boys who drive aimlessly around the island to show off their newly bought 2nd hand cars and build up needless traffic would stay put in the suburbs....

road tax and MOT should also be introduced and enforced religiously.....only the people who can afford to stay in lagos should be in lagos.......i want to stay near buckingham palace too but i cannot afford £10,000 per week to rent a flat there.....same principle should apply in lagos!

I concur!

The state needs to generate more money by taxing the elites more for their exhibitionist lifestyles and distribute the wealth... All the shanty houses in the state also needs to be demolished - and the funds accrued from the taxes paid by the exhibitionists should be used to build well defined housing estates around the state for the poor because every sane society needs a mix of the rich, middle class and the poor... However, to qualify for a flat in the housing estate - you've to either be from Lagos, be born and raised there, or have lived there for a period of time(preferably 10 years straight)... All those who can neither afford to pay the taxes nor live in Lagos - should be made to leave the place...
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 3:10am On Nov 10, 2012
shymexx:

I concur!

The state needs to generate more money by taxing the elites more for their exhibitionist lifestyles and distribute the wealth... All the shanty houses in the state also needs to be demolished - and the funds accrued from the taxes paid by the exhibitionists should be used to build well defined housing estates around the state for the poor because every sane society needs a mix of the rich, middle class and the poor... However, to qualify for a flat in the housing estate - you've to either be from Lagos, be born and raised there, or have lived there for a period of time(preferably 10 years straight)... All those who can neither afford to pay the taxes nor live in Lagos - should be made to leave the place...

sillycunt
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 3:12am On Nov 10, 2012
geeez:

Even when opening a bank account, the utility bill doesn't have to be in your name. It's just a proof that the address truly exists. Now like I said earlier, Lagos State already knows all its houses as they have been identified and won't require this.

And to your question of when you become a resident, if you get off a bus and know you wanna live in Lagos, you will go to your nearest LGA and register. Simple

Ok
It gets funnier
So now I can get a NEPA bill from anybody in Lagos,claim that as my residence and voila I become a Lagos resident
How about homes without electricity?
They are excluded from Lagos residency
What is the advantage of a Lagos ID and the disadvantage in not having one

Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by ibnquasale(m): 3:12am On Nov 10, 2012
Lagos state govt has proven beyond doubt that they can't be trust with anything. I won't be surprised if this selfish idea is to raise taxes.... Most of their policies are anti-people and some funny ediot wud continue to praise them. How do u intend to use this to better the life of lagosians, when the real motive is for illegal revenue generation. For, his dogs on nairaland who might want to bark at me; i am seasoned statistician and data analyst, so, i know rhat this govt won't use the information to better the life of d masses but for political reasons.... I am a lagosians, a yoruba, an awori with a difference who has nothing against lagos, but just allergic to stu.pid, and insensitive governance like that of fa.shola
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 3:13am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:

sillycunt

Let me indulge you...

Mr. intelligent cu.nt, can you please tell us what needs to be done to transform Lagos from the snarl-up cesspit it's at the moment to a megacity??
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by coogar: 3:14am On Nov 10, 2012
shymexx:

I concur!

countries like gambia, zimbabwe, south africa have already implemented this process and nigeria(the giant midget) of africa is still arguing the importance of this exercise. yet, we quickly compare nigeria to the developed countries when things go wrong.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by geeez: 3:15am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer: F00LS will remain f00ls.

none of you in support of this policy have been able to prove to me why this is a good idea.

The burden of proof seems to be on those who oppose this wasteful endeavor.

Rather than invest such funds into public utilities you want to waste it on card registration.

If the aim behind this is to ascertain the population of Lagos why not conduct a censor? Won't that be far cheaper?

By issuing a resident card you assume that certain individuals are entitled to certain privileges and rights and the only one I can think of for now is the right to register to vote.

I believe strongly the the Lagos state assembly would come out in the future with another Law that states that only valid residents will be eligible to register to vote.

Dont be f00led this is not to improve Lagos but to ensure power remains within the same thieving establishment.

If y'all can't see that, then y'all must be blind.

It's census dumbie

You responded to my first post on this thread which gave reasons. I'll post it again but this time, show it to a twelve year old and ask him/her to read it and explain to you:

Seriously there's nothing wrong with a state trying to identify its residents and create a database that will help in better administering the state. It will serve the following purposes:

1. Effective Tax Monitoring
2. Effective provision of infrastructure
3. Provision of adequate security. (Since you know which areas have the most population)
4. A database for the unemployed with a view to establishing a social security structure
5. Provision of effective health care
6. Prioritization of transportation routes, links and means
7. Education for school aged children

Ati be be lo
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by pacharles1(m): 3:15am On Nov 10, 2012
We dey shout naija no wan develop!! Naija no wan develop!!
This exercise of identity hands development.. In America for instance, all states have their own Resident i.d.
It will help for subsequent benefits in future like reduced educational cost for residents, acquiring a drivers license even getting a bank loan and mortgages...e.t.c
Make una dey think before una open una bowel dey talk shit!!
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 3:17am On Nov 10, 2012
ibnquasale: Lagos state govt has proven beyond doubt that they can't be trust with anything. I won't be surprised if this selfish idea is to raise taxes.... Most of their policies are anti-people and some funny ediot wud continue to praise them. How do u intend to use this to better the life of lagosians, when the real motive is for illegal revenue generation. For, his dogs on nairaland who might want to bark at me; i am seasoned statistician and data analyst, so, i know rhat this govt won't use the information to better the life of d masses but for political reasons.... I am a lagosians, a yoruba, an awori with a difference who has nothing against lagos, but just allergic to stu.pid, and insensitive governance like that of fa.shola

I'm also a Lagosian and I hate the way Lagos is at the moment, to be honest...

The place is a shytehole and someone needs to bring some sanity to the damn place...

Transformation process isn't always sweet at the beginning, however, the end game is the crux of the matter...

Let's give him a chance!
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by geeez: 3:17am On Nov 10, 2012
Baby mama:

Ok
It gets funnier
So now I can get a NEPA bill from anybody in Lagos,claim that as my residence and voila I become a Lagos resident
How about homes without electricity?
They are excluded from Lagos residency
What is the advantage of a Lagos ID and the disadvantage in not having one

Can't you read or reason? I said the utility bills won't be required in this case but for banks, you can pick a recent utility bill to verify your address. It's just to be sure the address exists and Lagos won't need to go that route. I hate repeating myself and explaining each detail of what is otherwise explicit
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by coogar: 3:21am On Nov 10, 2012
ibnquasale: Lagos state govt has proven beyond doubt that they can't be trust with anything. I won't be surprised if this selfish idea is to raise taxes.... Most of their policies are anti-people and some funny ediot wud continue to praise them.

and what is wrong in paying taxes? why do nigerians frown at paying taxes?
where do you want your state government to cough out the money to maintain basic amenities? from the stratosphere?

How do u intend to use this to better the life of lagosians, when the real motive is for illegal revenue generation. For, his dogs on nairaland who might want to bark at me; i am seasoned statistician and data analyst, so, i know rhat this govt won't use the information to better the life of d masses but for political reasons....

lmao @ illegal revenue generation.......

I am a lagosians, a yoruba, an awori with a difference who has nothing against lagos, but just allergic to stu.pid, and insensitive governance like that of fa.shola

the population explosion is the reason it appears the government is insensitive!
unfortunately, the perks cannot go round - the new estimate of the lagos population is 21 million heads! if that statistic is correct, lagos is the most populated city in the world.....

pa charles: We dey shout naija no wan develop!! Naija no wan develop!!
This exercise of identity hands development.. In America for instance, all states have their own Resident i.d.
It will help for subsequent benefits in future like reduced educational cost for residents, acquiring a drivers license even getting a bank loan and mortgages...e.t.c
Make una dey think before una open una bowel dey talk shit!!

nigerians are always reluctant and doubtful - these same people would travel and respect the rules and regulations of the other countries they visit but they would rebel against their own government! having a state resident's ID card is a great step in the right direction!
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by ibnquasale(m): 3:22am On Nov 10, 2012
this country won't move forward until some ediots stop comparing lagos with some working cities in europe and America. Why do we like putting d cart before the horse? There are plenty issues begging for attention, but our 'all knowing' governor won't do anything abt them.... I pity the future of Lagos with the way this man takes unilateral decisions....
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 3:24am On Nov 10, 2012
shymexx:

Let me indulge you...

Mr. intelligent cu.nt, can you please tell us what needs to be done to transform Lagos from the snarl-up cesspit it's at the moment to a megacity??

implying that you are on my level I will suggest you take out the garbage first. Get rid of that clueless ACN.

Suggesting that an ethnic deportation will improve Lagos is darn to evil for my taste. I can tell you that the number one nuisance in Lagos are the area boys and most of them are claiming Lagos. Will you prefer that Tuface remains because he earns enough?
Your arguments are repugnant given the fact that over 70% of Nigerians (to which a large proportion of Lagosians belong) earn less than a dollar.

You sound more like a republican but that's accepted if you think the best way to clean house is to sweep things under the rug. Lagos state can afford to provide the amenities. Last I checked there isn't a dole office in Lagos catering for the unemployed neither is education any cheaper, the roads are in the process of being tolled and the aggressive tax policy has driven most manufacturing companies to Ghana.

What must be done is as simple as what the bible preaches; be your brother's keeper.

Today you may not fall into that bracket that is targeted for exclusion but tomorrow it my be you.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 3:26am On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:
countries like gambia, zimbabwe, south africa have already implemented this process and nigeria(the giant midget) of africa is still arguing the importance of this exercise. yet, we quickly compare nigeria to the developed countries when things go wrong.

The world left Nigeria behind time ago, that's why I question the Nigerian mentality sometimes on this forum... It seems most Nigerians are allergic to change, and they love the status quo... Perhaps, it's because the average Nigerian has been messed up physically, spiritually, and psychologically that everyone is scared of the unknown... It's just sickening!

Most West African countries have left Nigeria behind, yet we scream "Giant of Africa" like lunatics... I read an article today on the GuardianUK on how the Malian army spokesman said Nigerian soldiers are too ill-trained and indiscipline to lead them in a war against Islamists.. The same Malian Army that was defeated in three days by a rag-tag Islamist group in the Sahel.. grin
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by coogar: 3:27am On Nov 10, 2012
ibnquasale: this country won't move forward until some ediots stop comparing lagos with some working cities in europe and America. Why do we like putting d cart before the horse? There are plenty issues begging for attention, but our 'all knowing' governor won't do anything abt them.... I pity the future of Lagos with the way this man takes unilateral decisions....

please - enlighten me on the pressing issues that are more important than this process....
what's more important the security of lagosians? with a reliable database, what is needed in lagos would be met instead of guesswork......we don't know how many people stay on your street as we speak - how would the government know the number of power transformers needed on your street?

shymexx:
The world left Nigeria behind time ago, that's why I question the Nigerian mentality sometimes on this forum... It seems most Nigerians are allergic to change, and they love the status quo... Perhaps, it's because the average Nigerian has been messed up physically, spiritually, and psychologically that everyone is scared of the unknown... It's just sickening!

Most West African countries have left Nigeria behind, yet we scream "Giant of Africa" like lunatics... I read an article today on the GuardianUK on how the Malian army spokesman said Nigerian soldiers are too ill-trained and indiscipline to lead them in a war against Islamists.. The same Malian Army that was defeated in three days by a rag-tag Islamist group in the Sahel.. grin

don't mind nigerians.....
nothing excites them more than carrying different colours of blackberry phones......let fashola promise a blackberry bold smartphone for every applicant who registers before christmas - everyone would fall in line asap!
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 3:27am On Nov 10, 2012
geeez:

It's census dumbie

You responded to my first post on this thread which gave reasons. I'll post it again but this time, show it to a twelve year old and ask him/her to read it and explain to you:

Seriously there's nothing wrong with a state trying to identify its residents and create a database that will help in better administering the state. It will serve the following purposes:

1. Effective Tax Monitoring
2. Effective provision of infrastructure
3. Provision of adequate security. (Since you know which areas have the most population)
4. A database for the unemployed with a view to establishing a social security structure
5. Provision of effective health care
6. Prioritization of transportation routes, links and means
7. Education for school aged children

Ati be be lo

Don't be a grammar Nazi, no one likes a grammar Nazi.

name one state within a sovereign Nation that has an independent database.

In the U.S. other than driver's licence, birth and death certificates, marriage licence and professional licensing no state maintains a broad database. that is handled by the federal authorities.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by wysenas(m): 3:29am On Nov 10, 2012
Its a welcome development.it will checkmate unnecessary migiratn especially 4 those who dont hv any biz 2 live in lagos.must everybody live in urban area?other states and FCT should follow suit.farming is a gd and lucrative venture,sm people leave their fertile lands idle back in d village and come 2 d city 2 waste their time in d name of urban migiratn.if u dont hv anything 2 do in d city,why must u be their in d 1st place.FASHOLA CARRY GO.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by ibnquasale(m): 3:30am On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

and what is wrong in paying taxes? why do nigerians frown at paying taxes?
where do you want your state government to cough out the money to maintain basic amenities? from the stratosphere?

lmao @ illegal revenue generation.......

the population explosion is the reason it appears the government is insensitive!
unfortunately, the perks cannot go round - the new estimate of the lagos population is 21 million heads! if that statistic is correct, lagos is the most populated city in the world.....

did u just say estimation, are u a Nigerian, then U must be kidding me.... I am still waiting for the true estimated of any state in this country.... No one is frowning staying taxes, the question we are asking is that, what tangible thing av u dine with d ones we've bn paying? Though we are not ignorant of d fact that Oga tin.ubu must collect him regular cut from awa taxes.... Or is it a crime to ask question if u aint my money to good use, but awa governor is all-knowing....
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by CuntDestroyer: 3:30am On Nov 10, 2012
wysenas: Its a welcome development.it will checkmate unnecessary migiratn especially 4 those who dont hv any biz 2 live in lagos.must everybody live in urban area?other states and FCT should follow suit.farming is a gd and lucrative venture,sm people leave their fertile lands idle back in d village and come 2 d city 2 waste their time in d name of urban migiratn.if u dont hv anything 2 do in d city,why must u be their in d 1st place.FASHOLA CARRY GO.

I BET A GENERATION OF YOURS BEFORE MIGRATED FROM SOMEWHERE INTO LAGOS.
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 3:33am On Nov 10, 2012
geeez:

Can't you read or reason? I said the utility bills won't be required in this case but for banks, you can pick a recent utility bill to verify your address. It's just to be sure the address exists and Lagos won't need to go that route. I hate repeating myself and explaining each detail of what is otherwise explicit

It is not explicit and you have not explained a thing
Do you realize some homes do not have electricity
So what bill will those residents show as proof?
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 3:34am On Nov 10, 2012
CuntDestroyer:
implying that you are on my level I will suggest you take out the garbage first. Get rid of that clueless ACN.

Suggesting that an ethnic deportation will improve Lagos is darn to evil for my taste. I can tell you that the number one nuisance in Lagos are the area boys and most of them are claiming Lagos. Will you prefer that Tuface remains because he earns enough?
Your arguments are repugnant given the fact that over 70% of Nigerians (to which a large proportion of Lagosians belong) earn less than a dollar.

You sound more like a republican but that's accepted if you think the best way to clean house is to sweep things under the rug. Lagos state can afford to provide the amenities. Last I checked there isn't a dole office in Lagos catering for the unemployed neither is education any cheaper, the roads are in the process of being tolled and the aggressive tax policy has driven most manufacturing companies to Ghana.

What must be done is as simple as what the bible preaches; be your brother's keeper.

Today you may not fall into that bracket that is targeted for exclusion but tomorrow it my be you.

Where in the article did they imply that the illegal immigrants are non-Yorubas? - there are thousands(probably millions) of non-Nigerians living in Lagos, and the governor might be talking about ascertaining the total number of these people... And I'm sure non of them would be deported back to their countries, if they abide by the laws of the state(and Nigeria is also a member of ECOWAS)..

The only way the governor can generate funds to implement wealth distribution and welfare programmes is through IGR, and that has to come through taxes...
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by coogar: 3:36am On Nov 10, 2012
ibnquasale:
did u just say estimation, are u a Nigerian, then U must be kidding me.... I am still waiting for the true estimated of any state in this country.... No one is frowning staying taxes, the question we are asking is that, what tangible thing av u dine with d ones we've bn paying?

maybe this new process would provide the answer to the estimated population of lagos state......as per the taxes, it's an unfortunate situation. lagosians don't pay taxes, the government pay the taxes. a situation where a civil servant pays 20% tax but gazumps thrice his wages by using ghost workers is not helping anyone....think about it, who is paying who?

Though we are not ignorant of d fact that Oga tin.ubu must collect him regular cut from awa taxes.... Or is it a crime to ask question if u aint my money to good use, but awa governor is all-knowing....

with your defeatist idealism, you won't get anywhere....
just do your due diligence and forget about what tinubu does with your taxes!
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by Nobody: 3:36am On Nov 10, 2012
coogar:

i don't know why this theory is so ambiguous to some people...

you either decide if you want to stay in lagos or not.....if you are visiting, you don't need the ID card, if you want to stay in lagos, then you need the ID card. now, how do you show proof of address? utility bills in your name is a proof! land phone is a proof of address.....

if all those fail, car registration number is a proof, bank statement is a proof, birth certificate of your children is a proof, marriage certificate is a proof, dstv document is a proof, your nigerian passport is a proof, school certificate is a proof, a copy of your tenancy agreement is a proof! if you don't have any of this then something is fishy!

Land phone?
Have you spent any adult years in Nigeria
You expect an area boy or agbero who sleeps under a bridge who was born and bred in Lagos to have any of the things you have enumerated or will there be a special set of rules for Yorubas

I guess slum dwellers on land and in the over time areas cannot be residents
Neither can the poor people in Lagos since they don't have the necessary documents to prove residency.
The thing is useless
It is just a means to extort money from citizens and nothing more
Re: "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola by coogar: 3:40am On Nov 10, 2012
Baby mama:
Land phone?
Have you spent any adult years in Nigeria
You expect an area boy who was born and bred in Lagos to have any the things you have enumerated?

if he doesn't have it, then he should not be in lagos....
area boy does not have any document to show he has been in lagos? no hospital record? no birth/death record? no police record? no tenancy agreement? no marriage certificate? no driving license? no passport? no bank account? no association? no thrift record? nothing with his name even if its related to wife, kids, next of kin? nigga please....

these are the kind of people the exercise is trying to isolate and chase out of lagos!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

REVEALED: How Jonathan’s Security Chiefs Bungled War Against Boko Haram / Imo Isemin Is Dead (Former Akwa Ibom First Lady) / The Moment Amaechi Thanked Buhari For Not Converting Him To Islam (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.