Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,271 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Giving Up On Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Giving Up On Relationships (1191 Views)

How Long Should A Guy Woo A Girl Before Giving Up? / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Effect Of Facebook On Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Giving Up On Relationships by ivorybabe88(f): 8:14pm On Nov 10, 2012
Have you ever felt like no matter what you try to do to make a relationship work, it just doesnt.
Its eaither you show them you care, and they say your too clingy, or you give them their space, and you get accussed of cheating...i honestly dont know what to do anymore.

What would you do if you were in my position?
Re: Giving Up On Relationships by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 10, 2012
Am not a relationship expert and I find relationships very complicated sometimes but maybe it's just that you haven't found your perfect match yet, the one. I guess you're still quite young. Don't give yourself too much headache. It will happen. Don't put yourself under pressure. If you succeed in making yourself happy and your life great, you'll have crowds of men chasing after you and then you'll choose the right one. The one that fits you. wink
Re: Giving Up On Relationships by 190theclown: 8:21pm On Nov 10, 2012
what was the question again?
Re: Giving Up On Relationships by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 10, 2012
ivorybabe88: Have you ever felt like no matter what you try to do to make a relationship work, it just doesnt.
Its either you show them you care, and they say your too clingy, or you give them their space, and you get accussed of cheating...[s]i honestly dont know what to do anymore. [/s]
Present! But in my case, I know what to do. I quit! I am happy now. smiley
#teamSINGLES
Re: Giving Up On Relationships by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 10, 2012
190-the-clown:
what was the question again?
I've answered the question smiley
Re: Giving Up On Relationships by Abujafood: 8:28pm On Nov 10, 2012
OP

I feel that way too! I think the best thing to do is to just break up with such a person. A perfect match shouldn't ever feel you're too clingy when you're merely showing how much you appreciate them! Do they mean to say being loved is too much burden on their shoulders?

Being put off because you're not getting close enough. If this is my reaction because you felt I was too clingy then it's bye from me!

A perfect match in a relationship is infectious, you both infect each other with love!
Re: Giving Up On Relationships by ivorybabe88(f): 8:31pm On Nov 10, 2012
carefreewannabe: Am not a relationship expert and I find relationships very complicated sometimes but maybe it's just that you haven't found your perfect match yet, the one. I guess you're still quite young. Don't give yourself too much headache. It will happen. Don't put yourself under pressure. If you succeed in making yourself happy and your life great, you'll have crowds of men chasing after you and then you'll choose the right one. The one that fits you. wink
Im 24, and your probably right, i havent found the right one yet!
Re: Giving Up On Relationships by ivorybabe88(f): 8:33pm On Nov 10, 2012
acidosis™:

#teamSINGLES
I like the sound of that, but i dont want to bbe single for too long...lol

1 Like

Re: Giving Up On Relationships by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 10, 2012
ivorybabe88:
Im 24, and your probably right, i havent found the right one yet!

24 is a beautiful age. Enjoy it! You have plenty of time to find the right one. It's enough if you get married before 35. I know many think it's too late but I don't. Don't depend on a relationship to be happy. Every second that passed won't come back. Make something out of your life. Don't focus on men too much. There is more too life.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Up On Relationships by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 10, 2012
ivorybabe88:
I like the sound of that, but i dont want to bbe single for too long...lol

When you don't figure out how to be a happy single, you will not be able to have a happy relationship.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Up On Relationships by ivorybabe88(f): 8:37pm On Nov 10, 2012
Abujafood: OP

I feel that way too! I think the best thing to do is to just break up with such a person. A perfect match shouldn't ever feel you're too clingy when you're merely showing how much you appreciate them! Do they mean to say being loved is too much burden on their shoulders?

Being put off because you're not getting close enough. If this is my reaction because you felt I was too clingy then it's bye from me!

A perfect match in a relationship is infectious, you both infect each other with love!
i definietly agree, it hurts, but sometimes the best thing to do is to just let it go....why stay with someone who doesnt appreciate you!!

1 Like

Re: Giving Up On Relationships by KINGwax(m): 9:19pm On Nov 10, 2012
acidosis™:

Present! But in my case, I know what to do. I quit! I am happy now. smiley
#teamSINGLES
ha! This guy na confirm mad man. Una don turn single again? Kai! I no wonder o
Re: Giving Up On Relationships by KINGwax(m): 9:21pm On Nov 10, 2012
ivorybabe88: i definietly agree, it hurts, but sometimes the best thing to do is to just let it go....why stay with someone who doesnt appreciate you!!
you got me ivory! Remember?
Re: Giving Up On Relationships by ivorybabe88(f): 9:39pm On Nov 10, 2012
KINGwax: you got me ivory! Remember?

Lol yea, i didnt forget...lol
Re: Giving Up On Relationships by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 10, 2012
KINGwax: ha! This guy na confirm mad man . Una don turn single again? Kai! I no wonder o

Sir
Re: Giving Up On Relationships by claremont(m): 10:02pm On Nov 10, 2012
Maybe the problem begins with YOU, you need to search deep within yourself and ask some hard questions. You are also well advised not to listen to those who say 'you are young', 'wait till 35' e.t.c'; I wonder how that solves anything.

I don't know about you but If I have been in serial relationships that ended disastrously, I would begin to think that the problem may be with me.
Re: Giving Up On Relationships by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 10, 2012
claremont: Maybe the problem begins with YOU, you need to search deep within yourself and ask some hard questions. You are also well advised not to listen to those who say 'you are young', 'wait till 35' e.t.c'; I wonder how that solves anything.

I don't know about you but If I have been in serial relationships that ended disastrously, I would begin to think that the problem may be with me.

As you were obviously referring to me. Let me tell you something.
I'm 100% with you. She has to search within herself to find the reason why ALL of her relationships fail. I know what you are talking about it.
But I'm a step ahead of you in this case. I know some of her other posts and the "problem" with her is that she puts a lot of pressure on herself and focuses too much on a relationship in order to feel fulfilled. This is my impression. To have a happy relationship requires, however, that you first become happy with yourself. This is the first step. If you are not happy with yourself, nobody else will.
I could say more about her but I don't want to quote her and make the discussion more complicated.
Re: Giving Up On Relationships by ivorybabe88(f): 10:19pm On Nov 10, 2012
claremont: Maybe the problem begins with YOU, you need to search deep within yourself and ask some hard questions. You are also well advised not to listen to those who say 'you are young', 'wait till 35' e.t.c'; I wonder how that solves anything.

I think the only thing thats wrong with me is that i let guys get too comfortable in the beggining, and fall for the crap they tell me, because i want to give them the benifit of the doubt and, believe they are being genuine...
Re: Giving Up On Relationships by ivorybabe88(f): 10:29pm On Nov 10, 2012
carefreewannabe:

As you were obviously referring to me. Let me tell you something.
I'm 100% with you. She has to search within herself to find the reason why ALL of her relationships fail. I know what you are talking about it.
But I'm a step ahead of you in this case. I know some of her other posts and the "problem" with her is that she puts a lot of pressure on herself and focuses too much on a relationship in order to feel fulfilled. This is my impression. To have a happy relationship requires, however, that you first become happy with yourself. This is the first step. If you are not happy with yourself, nobody else will.
I could say more about her but I don't want to quote her and make the discussion more complicated.
Ummm i would love to hear more because it seems to me like u no me so well (being sarcastic),
Those posts are not writtwn by me but merely topics i find interesting to share...so dont use that as a map to describing the kind of person i am.

The only thing i can agree on with you is that i do take my relationships seriously, but i most definietly dont need that to be fulfilled.

With the last person i was dealing with, i think i was emotionally vulnerable because i was trying to fill the void of losing my daughter, and i guess needed the affection, knowing they werent a potential mate (ill take the blame for that)

Please dont assume based on the small things u read.
Re: Giving Up On Relationships by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 10, 2012
ivorybabe88:
Ummm i would love to hear more because it seems to me like u no me so well (being sarcastic),
Those posts are not writtwn by me but merely topics i find interesting to share...so dont use that as a map to describing the kind of person i am.

The only thing i can agree on with you is that i do take my relationships seriously, but i most definietly dont need that to be fulfilled.

With the last person i was dealing with, i think i was emotionally vulnerable because i was trying to fill the void of losing my daughter, and i guess needed the affection, knowing they werent a potential mate (ill take the blame for that)

Please dont assume based on the small things u read.

I really had nice intentions and wanted to inspire you one way or another.
I see you get it all wrong so let's forget about it. I wish you the best.
Re: Giving Up On Relationships by ivorybabe88(f): 11:11pm On Nov 10, 2012
carefreewannabe:

I really had nice intentions and wanted to inspire you one way or another.
I see you get it all wrong so let's forget about it. I wish you the best.
Oh no be my guest, i just wanted to correct a statment u made, this is a forum, no feelings being hurt trust me, ive heard worst.
Re: Giving Up On Relationships by Youngpo413: 10:06am On Jul 30, 2014
ivorybabe88: Have you ever felt like no matter what you try to do to make a relationship work, it just doesnt.
Its eaither you show them you care, and they say your too clingy, or you give them their space, and you get accussed of cheating...i honestly dont know what to do anymore.

What would you do if you were in my position?

Is it a must to stay in a relationship?
Why cant you just on your own?
Anyway sex is powerful.

(1) (Reply)

Attention Nigerian Men / Trainee Doctor ‘dies Of Heart Attack’ While Masturbating At Sperm Bank / Understanding The Pillars Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.