Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,751 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

10Ebisco's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 10Ebisco's Profile / 10Ebisco's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 18 pages)

Celebrities / Kylie Jenner Unfollows Jordyn Woods On Instagram After James Harden Drama by 10Ebisco: 9:14pm On Jul 27, 2019
MCEBISCOO.COM

he James Harden drama seems to have struck the last blow to Kylie Jenner’s friendship with Jordyn Woods, as the young billionaire has unfollowed her former BFF on Instagram.

Recall that Woods was spotted inside a Houston bar on Wednesday night, smoking hookah and dancing with Khloe Kardashian’s ex-boyfriend, James Harden. While some TMZ sources claim it was an unplanned meeting, others alleged that Jordyn and James have been hanging out regularly for months.

Before pulling the plug on her Insta-relationship with Jordyn Woods, Kylie Jenner followed 125 people and also had 141 million followers. Woods on the hand has 10.3 million followers, but still follows Kylie and the Kylie Cosmetics account amid the drama involving the Kardashian clan she has been linked to in recent times.

The strain on Jordyn Woods and Kylie Jenner’s relationship, came after she was spotted with Khloe’s other ex and baby daddy, Tristan Thompson at a house party in Los Angeles in February.

CLICK HERE: https://www.mcebiscoo.com/kylie-jenner-unfollows-jordyn-woods-on-instagram-after-james-harden-drama/

Politics / Senate To Override Buhari’s Veto On Constitution Alterations, Income Tax Bills by 10Ebisco: 7:56am On Apr 11, 2019
MCEBISCOO.COM

The Senate on Wednesday resolved to override President Muhammadu Buhari’s veto on the Constitution, 1999 (Fourth Alteration No. 28) Bill, 2018 and the Industrial Development (Income Tax Relief) Amendment Bill, 2018.

This followed the presentation of a report by the Chairman, Technical Committee on Declined Assent to Bills by President Buhari, Sen. David Umaru, at plenary.

The bills are two out of 17 bills the president declined assent to and returned to the National Assembly on Oct 10, 2018.

The Upper Chamber further resolved to represent 11 of the 17 bills while four of them would be withdrawn.

Umaru said the committee found that when the President withholds assent to a bill, the option available to the national assembly is to override the veto and pass the bill, either in its original form or pass the bill again and incorporate the observations of the president.

The constitution alteration bill No. 28, rejected by the President, seeks to provide for the time within which the President or Governor shall lay the Appropriation Bill before the National Assembly or House of Assembly.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/04/11/senate-to-override-buharis-veto-on-constitution-alterations-income-tax-bills/

Celebrities / Super Falcons Suffer 2-1 Defeat To Canada by 10Ebisco: 4:48am On Apr 09, 2019
Nigeria’s Super Falcons lost for the first time to Canada, bowing 2-1 to the North Americans at Pinatar Arena in a friendly match, yesterday.

Prior to the match, the Africans boasted of an unbeaten record against the Canadians – a 3-3 draw in 1995 and a 1-0 win in 2011.

Desire Oparanozie’s first-half goal was not enough to help the African champions avoid defeat to Kenneth Heiner-Moller’s team no thanks to second-half strikes from Janine Beckie and Sophie Schmidt.

The defeat was the fourth for Dennerby’s side in eight games so far this year in their preparations for the global showpiece this summer in France. Thomas Dennerby’s side made an impressive start to the encounter when Rita Chikwelu made a good run into the area but her shot failed to trouble goalkeeper McLeod Erin in the 23rd minute.

Three minutes later, Uchenna Kanu’s pass found Oparanozie on a counter-attack and the Guingamp forward managed to beat her marker to score her first goal of the year and Nigeria’s opener.

Having conceded their first goal in six games this year, Canada fought back two minutes after the restart through Beckie’s strike to level matters.

In the 53rd minute, Schmidt’s header beat hapless goalkeeper Tochukwu Oluehi to put the fifth-ranked women’s football nation in front.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/04/09/super-falcons-suffer-2-1-defeat-to-canada/

Politics / What Lagos State Government Said About How Much Tinubu, Others Receive As Pensio by 10Ebisco: 5:32pm On Apr 08, 2019
The Lagos State Government has refused to release information on how much of taxpayers’ money it has spent on houses, vehicles, and allowances of its former governors and ex-deputy governors.

This follows a Freedom of Information letter addressed to the Secretary to the State Government, Mr. Tunji Bello in December 2018, requesting details of what is been spent as pension for the ex-governors and ex-deputy governors.

Specifically, Punch had based on the Public Office Holder (Payment of Pension) Law No 11 official Gazette of Lagos State, 2007, asked for the amount that had been spent on purchasing houses and vehicles for all former governors and deputy governors and other allowances paid to them from 2007 to December 2018.

However, the state Commissioner for Information, Mr. Kehinde Bamigbetan, had repeatedly asked for more time to provide the information requested and subsequent phone calls and text messages were not acknowledged by the commissioner.

The Public Office Holder (Payment of Pension) Law No 11 official Gazette of Lagos State, 2007 states that former governors of the state are entitled to a house each in any location of their choice in Lagos and Abuja.

Section 2 states, “One residential house each for the governor and the deputy governor at any location of their choice in Lagos State and one residential house in the Federal Capital Territory for the governor on two consecutive terms.”

The state government has built houses for former governors of the state in Lagos and Abuja in line with the law.

It is reported that a house was bought for Asiwaju Bola Tinubu in Ikoyi and the Asokoro area of Abuja.

Houses have also been built for former Governor Babatunde Fashola, who is now the Minister of Power, Works and Housing.

Others who are benefitting from the law are former deputy governors Femi Pedro, Abiodun Ogunleye, Sarah Sosan, and Adejoke Orelope-Adefulire.

It is expected that Governor Akinwunmi Ambode and his deputy, Oluranti Adebule, would also be added to the list of beneficiaries once their tenure expires next month.

A former governor is also entitled to six new cars every three years, 100 per cent of the basic salary of the serving governor (N7.7m per annum), as well as free health care for himself and members of his family.

The law also says former governors will be entitled to furniture allowance, which is 300 per cent of their annual basic salary (N23.3m); house maintenance allowance, which is 10 per cent of basic salary (N778,296); utility allowance, which is 20 per cent of the salary (N1.5m) and car maintenance allowance, which is 30 per cent of the annual basic salary (N2.3m).

Other benefits include entertainment allowance, which is 10 per cent of the basic salary (N778,296) and a personal assistant, who will earn 25 per cent of the governor’s annual basic salary (N1.9m).

The law adds that a former governor is entitled to domestic workers comprising a cook, a steward, a gardener and others whose appointments are pensionable.

A former governor will also be entitled to eight policemen and two officials of the Department of State Services for life, according to the Lagos law.

The law is however silent on how much can be spent on building houses, procuring vehicles and health issues.

The information was what necessitated the FOI request but the state government has repeatedly ignored FOI requests, insisting that the Act only applies to Federal Government agencies despite a judgment by a Court of Appeal last year that the FOI Act is applicable to all states in Nigeria.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/04/08/what-lagos-state-government-said-about-how-much-tinubu-others-receive-as-pension/

Celebrities / A Radio Presenter Once Tried To Rape Me – Naomi Branch by 10Ebisco: 5:46pm On Apr 07, 2019
Nigerian singer Naomi Branch has revealed in a new interview with Punch that a radio presenter one tried to rape her.

Branch made this known while answering a question about the sexual harassment women face in their career.

In her words;

The major challenges I face in my career are funding and sexual harassment from men, especially those who you approach for help. It’s very difficult, especially for young, beautiful up-and-coming acts like me.

A case in point was when a radio presenter and comedian tried to rape me because I was looking for a job. I was able to escape from his grip and reported him to the police. He was arrested but later released because his family is rich and influential. There are many cases like that and the only way to make it is if you can get a genuine sponsor.”

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/04/07/a-radio-presenter-once-tried-to-rape-me-naomi-branch/

Celebrities / Everything Late Oshofa Said About Me Is Coming To Pass – Helen Paul by 10Ebisco: 12:44pm On Apr 06, 2019
Superstar comedienne and media personality, Helen Paul, revealed she was “born out of rape” in a heartfelt appreciation message to her mother. Paul, who bagged a doctorate degree in Theatre Arts from the University of Lagos on Thursday, shared a tear-jerking Ode to her mother on her instagram page @itshelenpaul.

On Friday she wrote, “I HELEN PAUL dedicate this to my mum, you gave birth to me out of rape, they told you I wouldn’t amount to anything. “I grew up hearing from family members; being called a “Bastard” and each time I asked you, you said `Olorun lon wo omo were, Olorun ma wo e’.

Helen Paul Helen Paul “Meaning God watches over the child of a mad person, he’d watch over you). “Mummy I want you to know I love you, I might not buy you Benz now because I don’t have a `Pant’ yet but this certificate will amount to something great. “They say Fame is nothing but Grace is everything and I pray for grace in everything I do.

“I’m not a Cele member but Late Oshofa gave me the name and everything Late Oshofa said about Helen Paul is coming to pass. “I dedicate this to every mother, may God make you strong enough to survive and enjoy the fruit of your labour,” she wrote.

Paul, who is currently the first Stand-up comedian to have a PhD, has worked as both a freelance and full-time presenter at several media houses in Nigeria; she presently hosts ‘Jara’ on Africa Magic.

She broke out as a naughty comic character on a radio programme known as “Wetin Dey” on Radio Continental 102.3FM, Lagos, and popularly known on the programme as “Tatafo” – a witty kid. She is a recipient of several awards including the 2012 African Film Awards, 2012 Exquisite Lady of the Year Award, 2014 Female TV Presenter of the Year.

She has also won TV Presenter of the Year (Jara, Africa Magic), 2014 Nigerian Broadcasters Merit Awards (NBMA) – Outstanding TV Presenter (Female) (Entertainment/Talk Show). (NAN)

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/04/06/everything-late-oshofa-said-about-me-is-coming-to-pass-helen-paul/

Celebrities / MC Oluomo Buys New Car For His Married Daughter For Making Him Proud (photos) by 10Ebisco: 7:21am On Apr 06, 2019
The treasurer of National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) Lagos state chapter, Alhaji Musiliu Akinsanya popularly known as MC Oluomo, has shown that he’s a great father following his recent gesture to his daughter.

The NURTW chieftain who is married to three wives – gifted his daughter, Ayisat Adufe Akinsanya, a new car to celebrate her acheivements after making him proud.

Sharing pictures of his daughter checking out her new ride after its arrival, MC Oluomo wrote;

I sent you to school you came out in flying colors, You promised me you would graduate and make me happy. You went for your NYSC to serve your fathers land and you succeeded, you came home with the man of your choice and I was very happy because you came home with a great gentle man.

You got married and some months later you gave birth to a lovely bouncing baby girl so why would I not be proud you are the first born of the family. This is a little Gift from me.
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH MY DAUGHTER

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/04/06/mc-oluomo-buys-new-car-for-his-married-daughter-for-making-him-proud-photos/

Education / Abia Poly To Move To Permanent Site In 2020 – Rector by 10Ebisco: 3:54pm On Apr 04, 2019
Prof. Ezionye Eboh, the Rector, Abia State Polytechnic, Aba, said on Thursday that the institution would relocate to its permanent site at Osisioma, near Aba, in January 2020.

Eboh made the disclosure in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Aba, saying that the institution would begin its 2019/2020 session at the new site.

NAN reports that Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia laid the foundation stone for permanent site in Nov. 2015.

He said that with the progress of work at the site, courtesy of the state government and support from the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFUND), the place would soon be ready.

Eboh said: “Through the combined efforts of Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu and TETFUND, there is a massive investment at the permanent site.

“And at the rate we are going now, I expect that by the commencement of the next academic session, we will begin to have academic activities there.

“As I am talking to you now, work is going on at the site, a two-storey building is almost completed, while three new structures are currently ongoing.

“These new structures will take care of classrooms, offices and laboratory.”

Eboh expressed gratitude to the governor and TETFUND for their support and commitment to the progress of the institution.

He said that the institution had introduced Mass Communication, Taxation and Purchasing and Supply to meet the admission needs of people within its catchment area.

He said that the institution had employed additional lecturers to handle the new courses, adding that no fewer than 40 students had so far registered for Mass Communication.

“As a responsible institution, we will do everything to make sure that we normalise the process of fulfilling all the necessary obligations as required by our regulators,” Eboh said.

The rector said that the polytechnic had made giant strides technologically, adding that it received an award in 2018 from the National Board for Technical Education.

He said that early this year, students in the Department of Electrical Engineering in the polytechnic developed a special electric lamp with a 15-year lifespan.

According to him, the lamp can be “dissected and re-assembled at the snap of the finger.”

The rector called on interested businessmen and investors to partner with the institution to mass produce the lamp.“

“An institution like Abia polytechnic at the heart of Enyimba City has high expectations on it and we will not offer anything less,” Eboh said.

NAN reports that the polytechnic is currently operating at its temporary site located at the heart of Aba, the commercial hub of Abia. (NAN)

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/04/04/abia-poly-to-move-to-permanent-site-in-2020-rector/

Politics / BREAKING: INEC Declares Wike Winner Of Rivers Governorship Election by 10Ebisco: 8:05pm On Apr 03, 2019
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Wednesday declared Nyesom Ezenwo Wike as the winner of the Rivers Governorship Election.

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governor polled 886,264 votes to win the polls.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/04/03/breaking-inec-declares-wike-winner-of-rivers-governorship-election/

Celebrities / Unbelievable! This Old Man Has Not Had A Haircut In Over 54 Years...see How Long by 10Ebisco: 11:26pm On Apr 02, 2019
An old man has been found out to have not had a haircut in over 54 years, a development which has left his hair overgrown.

The old man has had not had a haircut in 54 years

Chinese social media users have been encouraging a 77-year-old man to apply for a Guinness Record after photos of his 5.5-meter-long hair went viral online.

The man, who keeps his dreadlocks wrapped around his head as a turban, claims he hasn’t had a haircut in over 54 years.

The 77-year-old’s unusually long hair went viral on Chinese social media after his daughter-in-law accompanied him on one of his long and frequent visits to a hair salon in Leshan, Southwest China’s Sichuan Province, to have his hair washed.

She recorded a video of the staff there untangling his long dreadlocks, washing them in a sink and then painstakingly drying them, a process that reportedly takes two or three people around three hours to complete.

The man’s daughter posted the footage online, where it quickly went viral, with over 1.5 million view in just a couple of days. People are now urging the man to apply for a Guinness Record, but his reasons for growing his hair so long have nothing to do with fame or recognition.

When he was only 23-years-old, Ake Yizheng somehow got it in his head that letting his hair grow would keep him and his family healthy, so he hasn’t cut it since.

The man’s daughter-in-law recently told the paper that in the late 1970s someone offered to pay 3,800 yuan ($570) for his hair, but he refused, as his family’s health was more important than money. Although managing all that hair can be inconvenient, especially when leaving the house, Ake says he has gotten used to it and refuses to get a haircut.

“It’s normal for him. He’s used to his long hair and it doesn’t feel uncomfortable,” the man’s daughter-in-law-said. “He goes to a barbershop to wash and trim his
hair at least twice a month. It takes two to three people three hours to finish the job.”

The viral video, which shows Ake’s grandchildren untangling his dreadlocks and extending them to their full length of over 5.5 meters has gotten mixed reactions online.

While some found the man’s ambition to keep growing his hair inspiring, other found his dreadlocks disgusting and urged him to get a haircut.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/04/02/unbelievable-this-old-man-has-not-had-a-haircut-in-over-54-years-see-how-long-his-hair-is-photos/

Politics / Obasanjo Parades Fake Wisdom, Needs To Ask God For Forgiveness’ – Former Police by 10Ebisco: 1:36pm On Apr 02, 2019
Former Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Abubakar Tsav, has urged ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo, to stop playing principality of Nigerian politics and ask God for forgiveness.

He made the call in an open letter to the former president he made available to journalists yesterday.

Tsav, also a former National Commissioner of the Public Complaints Commission Abuja, slammed Obasanjo for his alleged interruptions in the Nigerian political scene adding that, “making pronouncements at every point and countering or reversing himself on national issues in a manner that belittles his status, as elder statesman”.

He wrote: “In Nigeria or African generally, septuagenarian or octogenarian ages are like a double edged sword. It could be a curse or a blessing to someone depending on how he utilizes this special favour from God Almighty in spending these rare years of grace.

“They can be treasures of wisdom in their communities or nations. But the worse experience is when such people bow to the strings of senility and the instinctual drive of incoherence.

“The latter category is the problem with Nigeria’s former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo (OBJ). And his case seems on the wayward side because innately, he brooks no opposition to his views and parades a fake aura of superior wisdom.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/04/02/obasanjo-parades-fake-wisdom-needs-to-ask-god-for-forgiveness-former-police-commissioner/

Crime / Nigerian International Robbers Steal N226 Million From Bureau De Change by 10Ebisco: 7:32am On Apr 02, 2019
Five daring Nigerian international robbers have landed themselves in trouble after being nabbed for allegedly robbing a Bureau de Change (BDC) in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

A report by the US-based THEWILL online newspaper quoted the Sharjah police as saying that the men barged into the BDC and smashed the glass barrier between the customers and the staff, stole the money in multiple currencies and fled.

The suspects reportedly fled with cash of different currency worth Dh2.3 million (N226,182,000), the report said.

“Two employees at the exchange were injured as they resisted the robbers. One of them managed to notify the police,” according to THEWILL.

The Sharjah police, according to the report, “coordinated with forces from Abu Dhabi, Ras Al Khaimah and Ajman to arrest the suspects within 48 hours after the robbery was committed.

“A top police official said the suspects came to the UAE on visit visas on March 18.

Major-General Saif Al Zeri Al Shamsi, Commander-in-Chief of the Sharjah Police, said the whole amount was recovered after the number plate of the car in which the suspects fled, was obtained.

“Following this lead, they arrested one of the suspects in Sharjah. This suspect led the police to the others – two in Ajman, one in Abu Dhabi and one in Ras Al Khaimah.

“The suspects, who confessed to the crime and said they intended to leave the country, have been referred to the public prosecution.”

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/04/02/nigerian-international-robbers-steal-n226-million-from-bureau-de-change/

Crime / Court Remands Prophets For Forcing House Help To Swallow Iron Cross by 10Ebisco: 10:55pm On Apr 01, 2019
An Ikeja Chief Magistrates’ Court Monday remanded a prophet and prophetess in Kirikiri Medium and Female Prisons respectively for allegedly forcing a 16-year-old domestic staff (name withheld) to swallow an iron cross for spiritual cleansing.

The defendants, Kehinde Salami, 25, and Yetunde Akinola, 42, of No 20 Adeyemi Street, Ifako-Ijaiye, Agege are facing a four-count charge bordering on conspiracy, breach of peace, false pretences and attempted murder before Chief Magistrate, Mrs T.A. Ojo.

Prosecuting Sergeant Kenrich Nomayo told the court the defendants committed the offence on March 24 at about 4 p.m., at their Ifako-Ijaye residence.

Nomayo told the court that Salami and Akinola allegedly attempted to kill their victim by forcing her to swallow an iron cross against her wish.

Nomayo alleged that the defendants conducted themselves in a manner likely to cause a breach of peace when they claimed to see a vision in which the complainant was alleged to be a witch.

He claimed that the defendants gave the complainant an iron cross to swallow on the pretext that they were delivering her from witchcraft, a representation, he said, they knew to be false.

He further informed the court that the state of the health of the complainant was not known as she was reportedly said to be receiving treatment at an undisclosed hospital.

The defendants, however, pleaded not guilty to the charges preferred against them.

Chief Magistrate, Mrs Ojo, ordered that they be remanded in Kirikiri Prison, pending the fulfillment of their bail conditions.

Ojo granted them bail in the sum of N200, 000 each.

She also ordered that the case file be duplicated and sent to the Department of Public Prosecution (DPP), for advice.

She adjourned the case till April 30.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/04/01/court-remands-prophets-for-forcing-house-help-to-swallow-iron-cross/

Politics / President Buhari Breaks Down In Tears As Wife Aisha Declares Atiku Winner Of 201 by 10Ebisco: 9:22am On Apr 01, 2019
Aso-Villa the Presidential seat of power has just been thrown into a total state of confusion as the wife to the president, Aisha Buhari has just denounced the victory of Buhari in the last presidential elections held in February.

According to sources Aisha was said to have made her stance known to her husband, President Buhari in midst of the National Leadership of APC,family members and close friends to the President.

The President who was visibly shocked and could not hold his emotions broke down in tears.

Before you all get carried away with the story we just want to let you all know we appreciate your patronage over the years.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/04/01/president-buhari-breaks-down-in-tears-as-wife-aisha-declares-atiku-winner-of-2019-presidential-elections-congratulates-pdp/

Crime / 2 Young Cultists Terrorizing Lagos Residents Finally Caught (photo) by 10Ebisco: 5:59pm On Mar 31, 2019
The long arm of law has finally caught up with two cultists who have been terrorizing residents of Lagos.

Two cultists who specialize in attacking and robbing residents early in the morning in Ikorodu area of Lagos have been finally apprehended by security operatives.

The suspects identified as Wasiu Okeowo, 23 years old and Rasheed Lawal, 19 years old.

They both confessed to that they are members of Eiye cult in Ijebu-Igbo.

They were arrested while attacking Abass Sodiq Olawuyo,a 24 year-old resident of Itunmoja area of Ikorodu and a student of Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education, Lagos, in the early hours of Monday, …

Recounting his ordeal in the hands of his attackers to THE IMPACT, Abass stated that:

“I woke up around 4am and left home around 4. 45am but I was attacked at the Ladega junction on my way to Ikorodu garage.

“While I was at the Ladega junction, I saw these two guys (Raheed and Wasiu) passing by and suddenly they turned back and whistled as another two guys were coming in my front. I was, however, focused on where I was going and did not pay attention to them.

“It was those coming in the front that first held me before the other two (Rasheed and Wasiu) joined them and they started speaking in a language that I did not understand and I told them that I cannot understand them.

“While they held me down and made attempt to remove my phone and money from my pockets, I held on to the pocket where I have my phone and also tried to prevent them from removing the #45,000 cash in the other pocket”.

He explained that the money was his school fees given to him by his mum the previous day.

“While I was struggling and holding my two pockets tightly, Wasiu brought out a charm and wanted to hit me with it but I grabbed his hand with one of my hands while I used the other one to secure the pocket where I had my phone.

“It was while I was trying to prevent them from hitting me with the charm that they succeeded in removing the money”.

Abass said while he was struggling with his attackers, he started shouting “thief! thief!! thief!!!” while Wasiu was also shouting “thief” as well but that he held on to him.

“The shout of “thief” later attracted Onyabo men to the scene and when they could not ascertain the real thief and the victim since both of us were shouting “thief” at each other, they attempted running over us with their vehicle and I quickly jumped away while Wasiu was crushed.

“In order to prevent him from running away after he was hit by the vehicle, I jumped on him and held him to the ground before Onyabo men arrested both of us”.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/03/31/two-young-cultists-terrorizing-lagos-residents-finally-caught-photo/

Celebrities / Emery On The Defensive After No Arsenal Players Make England Squad by 10Ebisco: 8:01am On Mar 31, 2019
Unai Emery has defended Arsenal from criticism after none of their players were part of the latest England squad.
The Gunners were the only one of the Premier League's top six not to have a player called up by Gareth Southgate for the Euro 2020 qualifying wins over the Czech Republic and Montenegro.
The injured Danny Welbeck would likely have been involved had he been fit, but Emery admits it is not right for a club of Arsenal's stature not to provide more to the national team.
However, he is confident there is plenty of young talent at the Emirates Stadium that will break into the senior Arsenal and England sides soon enough.
"Danny would have been with the national team before his injury. But it is right that I think every team needs English players in it," he said.
When pressed on whether Arsenal have young players who can make the grade for England in future, he replied: "Yes, of course we do.
"We have players here who are now in the Under-18s, Under-19s, Under-20s and Under-21s with England. We have a lot of them with the possibility to grow up with us and be part of our future - and also to be with the national team."
Welbeck's club future remains unclear, with reports suggesting the Gunners are unlikely to offer an extension to the contract that expires at the end of the season.
For now, Emery is more concerned about the forward returning from his ankle injury for the final few games of the campaign.
"He's progressing very well, he's working and starting to touch the ball, working on the pitch," Emery said. "His progress with a big injury is going very well.
"It's difficult [for him] to play matches in this season but now he's progressing very well and maybe the doctor says he can train or play with us in the last weeks of the season."
Arsenal resume their Premier League campaign at home to Newcastle United on Monday, with Manchester United's victory over Watford on Saturday having knocked them back into fifth place.
Emery believes his players have the quality to secure a top-four spot and a return to the Champions League, even though back-to-back losses to Manchester City and Chelsea at the start of the season had left him thinking otherwise.
"We deserve to have this important moment in our own hands and to be optimistic about being in the top four," he said. "When we were last in the table after losing to Man City and Chelsea, I maybe didn't have these expectations.
"Newcastle will be very difficult. We need another big performance."

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/03/31/emery-on-the-defensive-after-no-arsenal-players-make-england-squad/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 18 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.