Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,671 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

10Ebisco's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 10Ebisco's Profile / 10Ebisco's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (of 18 pages)

Politics / Nigeria’s First Female Banker, Sarah Morocco-clarke Is Dead by 10Ebisco: 2:04pm On Sep 24, 2018
Sarah Adenike Morocco-Clarke, Nigeria’s first female banker is dead.

Morocco-Clarke died at the age of 80 on Sunday, 16 September 2018, after a short illness.

Sarah Morocco-Clarke, an alumnus of Queen’s College Lagos, started her career with First Bank (then Bank of British West Africa, and subsequently Standard Bank) as a pioneer female employee, and rose through the ranks at First Bank Nigeria and was made the Services Manager and Secretary to the South Administration, wherein she had a mandate that covered the services of all the First Bank branches in Southern Nigeria.

While she worked in the banking industry, she was manager of numerous First Bank branches in Lagos and was subsequently made a Regional Manager in charge of Bendel, Ogun and Oyo states.

She was also an Area Manager in the Western part of Nigeria. Popularly known as the ‘Iron Lady, Morocco-Clarke leaves behind six successful children, thirteen grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/nigerias-first-female-banker-sarah.html

Politics / Osun Decides: Where Is Your Integrity – Okupe Attacks INEC Over Delay In Announc by 10Ebisco: 4:53pm On Sep 23, 2018
Doyin Okupe, a former Special Assistant to ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, has called out the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, over delay in announcement of Osun State governorship election final results.

Okupe in a post on his Twitter page, queried INEC on the delay in announcement of official results despite announcing of results from all 30 local government areas.

He queried the integrity of INEC following the delay.

Okupe tweeted: “INEC announced results in all 30 LGAs. All that is required is simple addition. Why on earth will the full results not be announced.

“Where is the Independence in INEC. Where is transparency. Where has all the Integrity gone. Shall we always be this dishonest as a Nation?”

Meanwhile, from the results announced so far by INEC, the two main contenders, Ademola Adeleke of the Peoples Democratic Party and Gboyega Oyetola of the All Progressives Congress, APC, are running neck-at-neck.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/osun-decides-where-is-your-integrity.html

Foreign Affairs / Rwanda: Why Rwanda Cooperation Initiative Was Set Up by 10Ebisco: 7:04am On Sep 23, 2018
An extraordinary Cabinet Meeting chaired by President Paul Kagame last week made several appointments including top executives at the newly formed Rwanda Cooperation Initiative.

Its Chief Executive Officer is Louis-Antoine Muhire who returned home from Canada about four years ago and started Mergims, a financial technology firm facilitating diaspora remittances to African countries.

"I am deeply honored, humbled and I thank the Cabinet, chaired by His Excellency Paul Kagame, for the faith placed in me," Muhire told Sunday Times.

Cabinet also appointed RosineUrujeni as the RCI's Chief Operations Officer and Freddy Makuza is the Chief Finance Officer.

Manage home grown solutions

The RCI is a public company under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Cooperation and East African Community in close collaboration with the Rwanda Governance Board (RGB), the Ministry of Defense and the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning, that will manage (marketing and commercialization) the country's home grown solutions.

It was established by the Government to manage the exchanges of ideas and experiences with other countries in the interest of South to South Cooperation (SSC).

South to South Cooperation is a term historically used by policymakers and academics to describe the exchange of resources, technology, and knowledge between developing countries, also known as countries of the Global South.

South to South Cooperation is about developing countries working together to find solutions to common development challenges.

The Minister for Finance and Economic Planning, UzzielNdagijimana, told this reporter that RCI is a new "initiative to promote our home grown solutions that have worked well in the country.

"We have a lot of demand from our sister countries from Africa who want to see how they [home grown solutions] work in Rwanda and if possible about their replication in other countries," Ndagijimana said.

"We want to organize and have that entity to coordinate that cooperation, because currently what is happening is that [visiting] delegations will come and go to visit different institutions asking for explanations and this is not well organized. So, having one place where people can come and discuss and get documentation is what we want".

Asked whether the new institution would often outsource foreign consultants, the minister explained that it cannot be the case as all the consultants required will be Rwandans.

"This all is about solutions by Rwandans. It about all these solutions that were built on our values and traditions to address specific problems of the nation.Girinka, for example, is a programme that was really based on the Rwandan culture of giving cows to friends but it is now being used to reduce poverty, by targeting the most vulnerable people in our society," he said.

"If you also consider the Umuganda, or the community works, this is also something from our tradition and it is being customized to current needs and used to do a lot of things such as schools construction, tree planting, cleaning and so many others. It has been very successful and appreciated by many other countries."

Post Genocide Rwanda drew on numerous aspects of its culture and traditional practices to enrich and adapt development programs to its needs and context.

The result was various culturally owned practices translated into sustainable development programs, including Ubudehe, another best known Rwandan home grown solution because of its participatory development approach to poverty reduction.

Other home grown solutions include: community mediators (Abunzi), the community courts [Gacaca courts] that were instrumental in processing millions of criminal cases that arose following the 1994 Genocide against the Tutsi, and performance contracts (Imihigo).

Ndagijimana said all the solutions are now being formalized and the government is even trying to protect them in terms of intellectual property rights.

"So, you cannot borrow any experts [from abroad] as the real experts are from here, in Rwanda. These are real solutions developed by Rwandans and they are the ones we need to assist others to learn more about them."

The annual National Dialogue Council (Umushyikirano), a forum where participants debate issues relating to the state of the nation, the state of local government and national unity; as well as the National Leadership Retreat, are other key home grown solutions.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/rwanda-why-rwanda-cooperation.html

Politics / APC Suspends Chairman by 10Ebisco: 2:19pm On Sep 22, 2018
The All Progressives Congress (APC) in Onitcha Local Government area of Ebonyi Stat, on Saturday, suspended its party chairman, Mr Uchenna Agwu, for alleged anti-party activities, indiscipline and insubordination.

Mr Kenneth Nwali, Onitcha Local Government Secretary of the party, announced this in a statement in Isu, the headquarters of the Council at the end of a stakeholders’ meeting.

Mr Ifeanyi Ezeka, the Vice Chairman of the party, was appointed as the acting chairman of the party in the area.

Nwali said: “His suspension follows adoption of a motion sponsored by Mr James Okafor, Organising Secretary, urging the local government executive committee of the party to adopt an earlier report submitted by a disciplinary committee set up to look into the allegations.

“Executive Committee after a critical study of the report of the disciplinary committee, upheld the report.

“Also the chairman‘s refusal to honour series of invitations extended to him by the disciplinary committee to defend himself is a further prove of guilt.

“In the light of the above, the vote of no confidence earlier passed on Agwu is hereby sustained and accordingly he is hereby suspended from the party indefinitely.

“According to the scribe, the party has taken the decision in the interest of APC to serve as deterrent to others, instil party discipline and loyalty in the area.

“APC wishes to assure every member of the party of its support, cooperation and equal opportunities to achieve individual and collective ambitions and the development of democracy.

“We reiterate our commitment to the victory of President Muhammadu Buhari and other candidates of our great party in the 2019 general elections,” the statement added.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/apc-suspends-chairman.html

Politics / Makarfi Replies Wike On Planting Of Moles: PDP Also Planted Moles In Opposition by 10Ebisco: 8:30am On Sep 22, 2018
A former Governor of Kaduna State, Senator Ahmed Makarfi, has reacted to the claim by Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, that the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, has planted some presidential aspirants within the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Makarfi, one of the presidential aspirants on the PDP platform, spoke in an interview with journalists in Abuja.

Wike had on more than one occasion cried out that the APC had planted some of the aspirants jostling for the sole presidential ticket of the main opposition party.

But reacting to the Governor’s claim, Makarfi said he doubted if any of the presidential candidates were on such mission, but admitted that infiltration of opposition camps was normal in politics.

“In politics, even when PDP was in power, I know that PDP tried to infiltrate other political parties,” he said.

“So, don’t expect that the party in power now will not try to infiltrate the opposition parties. That is a normal thing in politics.

“If you are in the opposition, you try to infiltrate the party in power to at least have first hand information on what is going on, same way the government will try to infiltrate the opposition to know what the opposition is planning.

“A mole may be one that is given a specific task to sabotage. I can’t say for sure that there is any aspirant that has been given a task to sabotage.

“But, espionage even among governments takes place, not to talk of among other political parties or groups.

“They are things we should expect actually, that is why everybody has to be doubly careful about the way they go about doing their politics; you don’t leave your flanks wide open.

“How did APC come to power in 2015? Openly, key members of PDP left and joined them. But that was not the fatal blow.

“The fatal blow was from those who actually remained in PDP but worked for APC. So, don’t rule out that people can also remain in APC, not because they like it, but because they may wish to work for us.

“I don’t rule out that. It happened in 2015 against the PDP, and it can happen in 2019 against the APC. So, I don’t want us to overplay this, because we may even be throwing away issue which can end up benefiting the party one way or the other. It all depends on how you look at it.

“PDP votes alone cannot make us win election, we need votes of everybody irrespective of political parties, including APC, and how we get the votes may not necessarily have to be a conventional way of politicking.

“I don’t want to go further than that, but winning election is not a clearly defined line, it is a way of politicking.

“If you really want to win election, especially to take away power from an incumbent in an African country, you need much more than conventional politics to achieve that.

“If you just stick to the conventional politics, you may never succeed in actually taking away that power.

“So, we should not be worried about that. We should be concerned more about what is going to keep us together.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/2019-pdp-also-planted-moles-in.html

8 Likes

Celebrities / Another Top Celebrity Just Revealed That Linda Ikeji’s Son Is A ‘bastard’, Her B by 10Ebisco: 6:05pm On Sep 21, 2018
Some very serious revelations about Linda Ikeji alleged “secret” marriage and “husband”, Sholaye Jeremi has just being unleashed by one of the hottest celebrity gossip blogger around, Stella Dimokokorkus.

She reveals that Linda Ikeji is not married to Niger-Delta oil billionaire, Sholaye Jeremi and as a matter of fact Mr. Sholaye currently has another family and Linda is only a “side chic”, .

See her full message below:

“It is only in Nigeria that a person is tagged Jealous if they try to do what’s right. What gives us the right as Bloggers to write about others but think we can’t be written about? The damage we have done with our platforms and we think we are untouchable? OMG It is my duty as a trained Journalist to follow any breaking story I want. Don’t freaking come here preaching maturity to me.

The only reason i am keeping quiet is becos the lies told on me years back is still a fresh wound and I don’t wanna allow myself to be swallowed up in revenge and at the same time I cannot find the right words to write the breaking story without using a knife. Same knife she used on me years back when she said I am a baby mama who doesn’t know who my baby daddies are…..What da frigging Frack!!!how can I sit down and watch you all swallow the lies she’s been feeding you all ? Cos it’s not my bizness and everytime I try to talk they say I’m jealous cos she got money. Hey you,money doesn’t define who I am or who I relate with any longer. I have grown up to realize money catches fire but a true personality doesn’t. Hello!

I am not perfect and have my own skeletons which I try not to hide. If I wake up tomorrow and do a story about a blogger who is rich and beautiful but full of Shitty lies,i am only doing my job just like we bloggers do. I am finally closing the door today on the lies she told on me cos the drama she is currently going through kinda teaches me forgiveness. Who you phyuk ain’t my bizness so i will let this pass. Moral of story? Karma is a biaatch and it will visit everyone. Note that i don’t give a Rats ass about anyone’s opinion on this post! Did I mention any names? No but watch you all come on here and act like you know Who i am talking about. One love!”

“I love Ring Stories but unfortunately there is no ring. I hate lies. I’m a married woman without a ring. OMG”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/exposed-move-over-kemi-olunloyo-another.html

Politics / 2019: How Apc Govt Plans To Weaken Pdp Through Inec, Efcc – Wike by 10Ebisco: 2:40pm On Sep 21, 2018
Rivers Governor, Nyesom Wike has said that the pact between the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to monitor campaign finances ahead of the 2019 election was part of federal government’s plan to weaken the opposition.

Wike told the media at Government House, Port Harcourt, yesterday, that APC states have never been probed since 2015.

He said: “EFCC working with INEC to investigate campaign finances is merely a smokescreen. It is targeted at the opposition party.

“When have you heard that EFCC would come up to say, as regards the ruling party, funds came from the government. I will not be carried away by the so-called EFCC investigation.

“The fund they want to investigate is only when it has to do with the opposition states. Take for example, EFCC said PDP spent money in the last 2015 elections.

“Has EFCC investigated those states that were APC, like Rivers State at that time that funded part of their election. Who is deceiving who? EFCC is only working to witch-hunt the opposition.”

Wike said desperate rigging moves on August 18, 2018 at the Port Harcourt State Constituency 3 elections showed that the APC is not ready for elections.

“Through the Port Harcourt State Constituency 3 election, they revealed to us what they planned for 2019. They don’t want election. They want to use security to rig,” he claimed.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/2019-how-apc-govt-plans-to-weaken-pdp.html

Celebrities / Nollywood Actress Eniola Badmus Reveals Senator Oluremi Tinubu Is Her Godmother by 10Ebisco: 3:40pm On Sep 20, 2018
Senator Oluremi Tinubu is Nollywood actress, Eniola Badmus‘ godmother and the actress says, not everyone has the opportunity to have a woman like Remi as a godmother.

She took to IG to openly declare her as her crush and thanked her for loving her.

She wrote;

”Allow me to crush on my Mummy…. Senator Oluremi TINUBU. To my Godmother, You are the best ever gift chosen for me and chosen with love. Thank you so much for being there for me when I need the most

“Dear God mother, You are a special gift to me from God. Many might not have been gifted to have received a Godmother like you. You taught me to be the shining light for God each day. God bless!”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/nollywood-actress-eniola-badmus-reveals.html

Politics / Osun: PDP Reacts As Police Summon Ademola Adeleke by 10Ebisco: 3:09am On Sep 20, 2018
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), on Wednesday reacted to the invitation of it’s governorship candidate in the Saturday’s election, Ademola Adeleke by the Nigeria Police Force.

Adeleke was asked to appear before the police for questioning over alleged examination malpractice and criminal conspiracy.

Force Spokesman, Jimoh Moshood, in a statement on Wednesday, said Adeleke and Sikiru, his brother, sat for the National Examination Council Examination (NECO) as internal candidates in 2017, “impersonating” students of OJO/Aro Community Grammar School in Osun state.

Moshood said the alleged crime was facilitated by the principal of the school and two other staff of the school.

Reacting, PDP warned the Police to desist from “acting the script of the All Progressives Congress (APC) against its candidate, Adeleke.”

In a statement by its spokesperson, Kola ogbondiyan, PDP described the latest twist in the “Adeleke certificate circus, leading to laughable trumped-up charges by the Police, as horrible, nauseating and displeasing.”

The party said the sudden realisation of allegations that Adeleke was involved in a National Examination Council (NECO) exam malpractice in 2017, as well as his subsequent invitation by the police, barely two days before the governorship election, was a ploy by the APC to distract the PDP candidate.

He said, “While the PDP is in no way against any legitimate effort by any security agency in the discharge of its duties, we totally reject this unrelenting attempt to use trumped up charges to take down our candidate, simply because the APC has realized that he is coasting to victory.

“Perhaps, the police needs to be educated that the West African Examination Council (WAEC) has already confirmed that Senator Adeleke wrote his WAEC examination in 1981, thus ending the earlier unnecessary controversy about his WAEC status.

“Moreover, this is the same police that have not been able to invite the disgraced erstwhile minister of finance, Kemi Adeosun, who confessed to having a forged NYSC Exemption Certificate or the Special Assistant to the President on Prosecution and Chairman of the Special Investigative Panel for the Recovery of Public Property, Chief Okoi Obono-Obla, whose certificate, WAEC openly told the National Assembly, is fake.

“Moreso, there are several leaders in APC, whose certificates have been questioned and which the Police have not considered it needful to conduct the littlest investigation.”

PDP called on the Inspector General of Police to protect the integrity of the Force by immediately calling his officers hounding Senator Adeleke to order.

“The issue of who becomes the governor of Osun state resides with the people of Osun and nothing should be allowed to disrupt the peaceful conduct of the election,” the statement added.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/osun-pdp-reacts-as-police-summon.html

Celebrities / Comedian Bovi And Wife Celebrate 9th Wedding Anniversary With New Photos by 10Ebisco: 2:51pm On Sep 19, 2018
Top Nigerian comedian, Bovi, and his wife have celebrated their 9th wedding anniversary as they release cute photos.

Comedian, Bovi and his wife Kris are celebrating their long-lasting love for each other.

The husband and wife who got married some nine years ago, are now celebrating their 9th wedding anniversary today, September 19th.

The couple got married in 2009 and have three children. The comedian took to his Instagram page to celebrate their anniversary.

Sharing these photos of himself and his wife, Bovi wrote: ”9/9 ?! @krisasimonye … and that’s the story so far”

Fans of the comedian have sent congratulatory messages to the couple on social media.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/comedian-bovi-and-wife-celebrate-9th.html

Celebrities / Emmy Awards 2018: Full List Of Winners by 10Ebisco: 9:59am On Sep 18, 2018
The 70th Primetime Emmy Awards was staged on Monday night at L.A.’s Microsoft Theatre.

Winners were announced by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.

Here is a full list of winners:

Supporting Actor, Drama Series: Peter Dinklage, Game of Thrones

Supporting Actress, Drama Series: Thandie Newton, Westworld

Actor, Comedy Series: Bill Hader, Barry

Supporting Actor, Comedy Series: Henry Winkler, Barry

Actress, Comedy Series: Rachel Brosnahan, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Supporting Actress, Comedy Series: Alex Borstein, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Writing, Comedy Series: Amy Sherman-Palladino, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Directing Comedy Series: Amy Sherman-Palladino, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Actor, Limited Series or Movie: Darren Criss, The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story

Actress, Limited Series or Movie: Regina King, Seven Seconds

Supporting Actor, Limited Series or Movie: Jeff Daniels, Godless

Supporting Actress, Limited Series or Movie: Merritt Wever, Godless

Writing, Limited Series: William Bridges and Charlie Brooker, USS Callister (Black Mirror)

Directing, Limited Series: Ryan Murphy, The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/emmy-awards-2018-full-list-of-winners.html

Celebrities / I Will Discourage My Daughter From Going Into Acting – Monalisa Chinda by 10Ebisco: 2:35pm On Sep 17, 2018
Nollywood actress, Monalisa Chinda has said she won’t encourage her daughter to go into acting because of the challenges faced in the career.

The light-skinned actress made this known in an interview in which she was asked if she would support her children if they decided to pursue an acting career.

“I am not sure!”

Pressed further on why she might withhold her support, the actress said, “With what’s going on now? I would try to talk her out of it. It’s difficult to deal with fame.

“The society would expect you to act in certain way, talk in certain way, and not seen in certain places!
“It’s difficult. However, I am not God. He may have His own purpose for her. After all, we are here to fulfil our purposes on earth.”

I will discourage my daughter from going into acting - Monalisa Chinda

She lamented that because of her fame it had become difficult for her to do the normal things, like buying things on the street, that others do.

“No, I can’t. But if I am with my hubby alone in the car, he can pull over and help with that. If I am with someone else, they help too,” Chinda said.

Monalisa Chinda, who hosts ‘You and I with Monalisa’, a 30-minutes talk show, also revealed the craziest thing that a fan ever did to her.

She said, “A fan has tried to grab and peck me on my cheek. I was alarmed. I had to tell him to step back and steer clear off me. He later on apologised and pleaded for a selfie, which I later obliged.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/i-will-discourage-my-daughter-from.html

Politics / “return Our Stolen Assets, Then See How Well We Will Do” – Presidency Tells UK B by 10Ebisco: 8:23am On Sep 16, 2018
The Nigerian Presidency has sent a strongly worded message to UK banking giant, HSBC to return stolen funds it helped to launder over the years.

In a statement released on Saturday by the Special Senior Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, HSBC had earlier predicted that a second term of Buhari’s administration would “stunt Nigeria’s economy” but the bank had no “moral right” to make such prediction considering its “active” contribution to looting activities carried out by past leaders in the country and even a sitting Senator.

Read the full statement:

“The Presidency wishes to make clear to all Nigerians, and particularly the global banking giant HSBC which said the second term of President Muhammadu Buhari would stunt the economy, that what killed Nigeria’s economy in the past was the unbridled looting of state resources by leaders, the type which was actively supported by HSBC.

A bank that soiled its hand with ‘‘millions of US dollars yet-to-be-recovered Abacha loot’’, and continued until a few months ago to shield the stolen funds of one of the leaders of the Nigerian Senate has no moral right whatsoever to project that a “second term for Mr. Buhari raises the risk of limited economic progress and further fiscal deterioration.”
Rather, we ask them to heed President Buhari’s constant refrain: return our stolen assets, then see how well we will do.

From the facts available to our investigation agencies, HSBC’s put down on President Buhari is no more than an expression of frustration over the administration’s measures put in place which has abolished grand corruption, the type which this bank thrives on in many countries.
They may also just be out to discredit the President out of the fear of sanctions and fines following the national assets that are stolen.
With the coming of President Buhari, it is not a secret that corruption, corrupt individuals, banks and other corporate entities that aided corrupt practices are under investigation for various offenses.

For many of them, including their friends in the media, they would rather have President Buhari out of their way, for business as usual to return.
Our investigation agencies believe that HSBC had laundered more than USD 100,000,000 for the late General Sani Abacha in Jersey, Paris, London and Geneva.

Among these accounts on the records are: AC: S-104460 HSBC Fund Admin Ltd. Jersey ($12,000,000); AC 37060762 HSBC Life (Europe), U.K ($20,000,000) and AC: 38175076 HSBC Bank Plc. U.K ($1,600,000).
The bank is also suspected in the laundering of proceeds of corruption involving more than 50 other Nigerians, including a serving Senator as earlier indicated.

In a book, “Secrecy World: Inside the Panama Papers Investigation”, published in 2017, Jack Bernstein told the story of global money laundering highlighting the unenviable place of the HSBC.

This is a bank that states and federal authorities in the U.S. forced to pay $1.92 billion to settle charges of money laundering; fined $1.2 billion in Hong Kong for “systemic deficiencies” in bond sales and was made to pay $100 million in currency rigging settlement as reported by The Telegraph of 18th January, 2018.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/return-our-stolen-assets-then-see-how.html

Celebrities / I’m Still In A ‘relationship’ With Apostle Suleiman – Actress Daniella Okeke by 10Ebisco: 5:49pm On Sep 15, 2018
Actress Daniella Okeke has finally addressed the alleged sex scandal between her and Apostle Johnson Suleiman of Omega Fire Ministries.

In a chat with Stella Dimoko Korus, when asked about the allegation, Daniella Okeke said,

“The man of God in question is a father to me but we live in a world where people judge you with their own standard..They said he bought me a Benz Jeep,I don’t own any and i have never owned any.. I read he bought me the car and a house in his name..That’s an insult!!

“Am I a kid or teenager that a man buys me a ride and a house in his name? Its very Laughable cos All my properties are in my name..

“My lawyer contacted the licensing office where they claimed they got the info from and those ones said nobody contacted them..

“Asides being a showbiz person,I have a relationship with God.

“I kept quiet because my lawyer found out it was more than just a stupid rumour or Scandal, it became a political and religious fight against my father..I am answering now Stella because you are asking it directly which no one has done and I also want to address this senseless rumours.

“Countless male actors have been helped by this same man and even though they all kept quiet when the saga was on does that mean anything is going on with them ?

“Or its becos I am woman and a good target for their plan and lies?

“I also heard talks about a 3some and all, I had never met the ‘Stephenie Otobo’ girl in question in my life, I never knew who she was and the 1st time I saw her and heard her name was on the social media when she started her drama.
it never happened and I reject such lifestyle..

“Anybody that says contrary is free to assume..

Daniella Okeke was also asked if the reports affected her relationship with the man of God which she repliedG

“There is no ‘relationship’ if what i think you mean is what you actually mean..will you stop talking to your father because people are insinuating and assuming?..it’s senseless, he is still my father and will always be no matter the insinuations or assumption.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/im-still-in-relationship-with-apostle.html

Politics / #adeosungate: Drama, Intrigues That Preceded Kemi Adeosun’s Resignation by 10Ebisco: 6:23am On Sep 15, 2018
The resignation of finance minister, Kemi Adeosun, from her post Friday evening did not come without high-wire drama and intrigues.

It followed weeks of high-level horse-trading since PREMIUM TIMES unraveled a certificate forgery scandal involving the minister.

The minister’s resignation was confirmed Friday evening through a statement by special adviser to the president on media, Femi Adesina.

Mr Adesina announced President Muhammadu Buhari’s acceptance of the resignation tendered by the minister. He also provided full text of the minister’s resignation letter.

On July 7, this newspaper exclusively reported how the finance minister skipped mandatory national youth service and forged an exemption certificate to cover it up.

PREMIUM TIMES has in series of reports between March and April painted a picture of unholy alliance between the minister and federal lawmakers, who used the discrepancy to blackmail Mrs Adeosun into illegally financing the legislature.

Despite outrage and condemnation from Nigerians, Mrs Adeosun maintained studied silence throughout.

The minister was reportedly assured by some powerful forces that nothing was going to happen to her.

Officials at the National Youths Service Corps (NYSC) were said to have been placed under intense pressure to “save her neck.”

But sources at the presidency said the NYSC director general, Suleiman Kazaure, a brigadier general, was unbending to pressures, insisting that there was nothing he and his officials could do on the matter.

However, a section of the administration, including Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, was said to be uncomfortable with having Mrs Adeosun around, amidst the unresolved scandal.

But President Buhari, who assured government officials who spoke to him that he would take action on the matter, took many weeks trying to understand the issues.
THE EXIT

Mrs Adeosun’s journey into resignation started on Wednesday, with an order for her to resign.

Impeccable sources told PREMIUM TIMES the minister was barred from the weekly Federal Executive Council (FEC) and told to submit her resignation to the Chief of Staff to the president, Abba Kyari.

The verbal instruction, which was relayed to her by Mr Kyari on behalf of the president was said to have rattled Mrs Adeosun who went home downcast from the villa.

“She has been downcast and at home since she was given the order,” a source close to her told PREMIUM TIMES on Thursday.

The option of resignation was long settled on in government circles as a way of giving Mrs Adeosun an opportunity to save what remains of her integrity.

A leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, reportedly made the case to President Buhari to ask the minister to resign.

This was, however, not done before the president left for London on vacation in July.

At least two officials who met with Mr Buhari around the time confided in PREMIUM TIMES that the president assured them that he was consulting before taking action.

“He said he spoke to about seven persons, including the Ogun State governor who brought her, to seek advise on the way out,” a chief executive of one federal agency told PREMIUM TIMES at the time.
LAST MINUTE LOBBYING

Since the communication of the presidential decision to her on Friday, Mrs Adeosun, who was overcoming the initial hit from the issue, reactivated lobby to reverse the order.

Governors sympathetic to her cause made spirited attempts to change her fate on Wednesday, but met brick wall.

Seeing that her fate was sealed, Mrs Adeosun reluctantly called for a meeting of senior finance ministry officials on Thursday.

A senior ministry official who requested that his name should not be revealed, as he was not authorised to speak on the issue, said the minister turned in her resignation letter the same day.

The official said the minister received instruction to submit her resignation letter the previous day at the end of the weekly Executive Council of the Federation (FEC).

At the brief meeting Thursday afternoon, Mrs Adeosun directed them to commence the process of tidying the books and prepare the handing over notes.

The meeting was attended by the permanent secretary and the ministry’s departmental heads.

Two senior finance ministry officials who spoke with our reporter on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to speak to the press said there was directive to all the departments to immediately begin work on the hand over notes.

“There is fire on the mountain. We have been asked to abandon all we were doing and quickly put together reports in preparation of hand over notes,” one assistant director who attended the meeting with the minister on Thursday told our reporter.

Another top official familiar with the issues corroborated the information on Friday, adding that attention of key staff was now focused on turning in reports from their units and departments to meet the deadline the minister gave.

The official said the directive to officials to delay the formal announcement of Mrs Adeosun’s departure from the Executive Council of the Federation was given by the presidency to allow the minister sufficient time to complete her handing over note.

After spending the entire day in the office working to clean up her table and pick her personal belongings, the minister handed over to the ministry’s permanent secretary, Mahmoud Dutse, Friday evening.

But in its statement late Friday, the presidency directed the minister of state for budget and planning, Zainab Ahmed, to oversee the finance ministry.
HOW IT HAPPENED

Mrs Adeosun graduated from the Polytechnic of East London in 1989, at the age of 22, having been born in March 1967.

Having graduated at 22, the Nigerian law made obligatory for Mrs Adeosun to submit herself for mobilisation to participate in the one-year mandatory national service, for her to qualify for any job in Nigeria.

Following the report, the NYSC in its initial reaction disowned the purported exemption certificate the minister claimed she had.

Days later, the NYSC requested for time to investigate and carry out verification of the minister’s certificate.

The result of that verification was never made public but played a key role in Mrs Adeosun’s exit.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/283765-adeosungate-drama-intrigues-that-preceded-kemi-adeosuns-resignation.html

2 Likes

Politics / WOW: Buhari Names New DG DSS (see Photo) by 10Ebisco: 9:50pm On Sep 13, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved with effect from the 14th of September, the appointment of Yusuf Magaji Bichi (fwc), as new Director-General of the Department of State Service (DSS).

A statement by the Senior Special Assistant on Media and publicity, Garba Shehu, said that the appointee is a core Secret Service operative.

He attended Danbatta Secondary School, the Kano State College of Advanced Studies and the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria where he graduated with a degree in Political Science.
Read Also:Court awards N10m damages against DSS

The new Director-General began his career in the security division of the Cabinet Office in Kano, from where he joined the defunct Nigerian Security Organization (NSO), the precursor of the present DSS.

Bichi has undergone training in intelligence processing analysis, agent handling recruitment and intelligence processing in the UK, as well as strategic training at the National Defence College.

It added; “The new DSS boss comes to the job with skills in intelligence gathering, research analysis, conflict management, general investigation, risk and vulnerability operations, counter intelligence and protective operation and human resources management.

“In the course of his career, Mr. Bichi has worked as the State Director of Security in Jigawa, Niger, Sokoto and Abia States.

“He was at various times the Director, National Assembly Liaison, (National War College), Director at National Headquarters in the Directorate of Security Enforcement, Directorate of Operations, Directorate of Intelligence, Directorate of Inspection and Directorate of Administration and Finance,” it stated.

The new appointee also served as Director at State Service Academy.

“Mr Bichi is married and with children,” the statement said.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/wow-buhari-names-new-dg-dss-see-photo.html

Celebrities / Bobrisky Blasts Nina Again, Calls Her A ‘bastard’ After Tunde Ednut Trolled Her by 10Ebisco: 9:50am On Sep 13, 2018
Nigerian cross-dresser, Bobrisky and former Big Brother Naija housemate, Nina, have had a recent fall out as the former reduced her to an inanimate object recently and even called her a ‘bastard’ while addressing a troll by popular entertainer, Tunde Ednut.

The most recent issue kicked off after the BBNaija star was trolled by social media influencer, Tunde Ednut, Bobrisky who had once stood up for her in time past made worse the already bad situation as he plunged into the matter.

Tunde Ednut had shared a photo of Nina and wrote;

2018… Who still dey snap picture holding car key? SWAGGER. “Wait wait, don’t take the picture yet, Oyiiiiiiiiiin where is your bag, please give me your car key”. #OldenDays

While some of his followers supported Ednut’s pont, Bobrisky who is yet to reconcile with Tunde Ednut took to the comment section to recount on how much he suffered to be friends with Nina .

According to him, though he is not cool with Tunde Ednut, but Nina deserves more shades.

Read his post below;

How can I stop seeing that thing on my timeline, I just wanna assume we never meet or she never exist. But the more I keep seeing her on my timeline, I keep remembering how I suffered for this thing called Nina. Case close

I’m never cool with Tunde Ednut and I doubt if I’m going to be cool with him. But the issue of shading Nina, that thing deserve more shading

The last time Tunde shaded Nina it was I and Tonto who suffered it. Despite the insult, Tunde gave us Tonto Dikeh from her heart of gold still gave that bastard a phone

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/bobrisky-blasts-nina-again-calls-her.html

Politics / BREAKING: Okorocha Sacks Son-in-law, Uche Nwosu, Others [full List] by 10Ebisco: 12:12pm On Sep 12, 2018
The Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha has sacked his Chief of Staff and Son-in-law, Uche Nwosu alongside other appointees who will be contesting during the 2019 general elections.

This development was announced by his Chief Press Secretary, Sam Onwuemeodo.

The affected appointees are:

1. Sir George Eche – Secretary to the Government of Imo State
2. Chief Uche Nwosu – Chief of Staff, Government House
3. Dr. Paschal Chigozie Obi – Principal Secretary to the Governor
4. Hon. Kingsley Uju – Deputy Chief of Staff (Operations)
5.Chief Emma Ojinero – Commissioner for Trade & Investment/Commerce
6. Prof. Nnamdi Obiareri – Commissioner for Information
7. Barr. (Mrs) Ngozi Njoku – Commissioner for Gender/Social Development
8. Lady Joy Mbawuike – Commissioner for Market Development
9. Hon. Obinna Mbata – Commissioner for Finance
10. Dr. Dan Nworie – Commissioner for Tertiary Education
11.Hon. Simeon Iwunze – Special Adviser on Urban Renewal
12. Barr. Obinna Amagwula – Special Assistant General Duties
13. Pst. (Mrs) Betty Uzoma- Special Assistant Finance.

Details shortly…

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/breaking-okorocha-sacks-son-in-law-uche.html

Celebrities / Nicki Minaj Channels Her Inner Barbie In Hot Photos by 10Ebisco: 8:03am On Sep 12, 2018
Queen of rap,Nicki Minaj looked stunning as she arrived at a fashion show in a hot pink latex dress with a yellow jacket.

She is yet to address being physically attacked by Cardi B

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/nicki-minaj-channels-her-inner-barbie.html

Celebrities / Teebillz Finally Addresses Dating Rumors Between Tiwa Savage And Wizkid by 10Ebisco: 7:08pm On Sep 10, 2018
Tiwa Savage’s estranged husband, Tunji Balogun aka Teebillz, has finally addressed the rumors of a dating relationship between the singer and Wizkid.

Taking to social media, Teebillz revealed that Tiwa Savage cannot stoop so low to the level of dating Wizkid who is like a little bro to him. According to him, Tiwa won’t even date the billionaires out there, not to talk of Wizkid.

Read his words below.

”Weather you like or not Ayo is my lil bro and he knows not cross me blood Gang❤️….. we don’t play that shit on 400 blocks! That’s my lil Nigga and is Big Hommie Sauce kid guaranteed me on the lil homie even though he’s my blood and I will ride for him………. I’m just saying this to the general public that tend to come at me on some disrespectful shit….. Tiwa Savage/MamaJamil will never Bleep with your billionaires not to talk of my lil bro for your information! Thank you Titi for respecting me! FFF your opinion on her and my lil bro WiZ….. it’s all #EntertainmentandStyle.”

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/teebillz-finally-addresses-dating.html

Politics / Handsome Gallant Ghanaian Soldier Dies One Month To His Wedding by 10Ebisco: 6:39pm On Sep 09, 2018
A Handsome and gallant Ghanaian soldier identified as Lt. Felix Tei Sormenah has been confirmed dead exactly one month to his wedding

According to online reports, he was knocked down by a reckless driver on Friday.

Award-winning journalist, Mabel Aku Banaseh who shared the news on her Facebook page said that the deceased soldier was a fine brain with a promising future.

She added that it is hurting that he is no more.

Read her post here;
“I took particular notice of him because he was busy moving up and down to ensure all things go well at my young sister’s wedding reception on April 28, 2018 Lt. Felix Tei Sormenah, a friend of my sister’s husband, was a reflection of what true friendship was on that day It was all joy when he turned up with his fiance at my residence the following day after church service for lunch Lt.

Sormenah was billed to marry on October 6, 2018, but something tragic has happened to him He was knocked down by a vehicle. We were all hoping for his speedy recovery after his surgery so we can witness his big day But alas, my sister called me and delivered the chilling news amidst inconsolable tears This fine young man died today before 12 noon.

I feel pained. It hurts to lose such a fine brain with a promising future. He left behind his sorrowful parents, a grief stricken fiancée, siblings, family members, friends and loved ones. Felix, your friends, loved ones and those of us who barely knew you are heartbroken. God knows why this has happened. His ways are not our ways. I leave you in the hands of the Creator. May you find eternal rest in God’s bosom.

See More Here: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/handsome-gallant-ghanaian-soldier-dies.html

Celebrities / Naomi Campbell Reacts To Rumours Of Her Relationship With Wizkid by 10Ebisco: 7:35pm On Sep 08, 2018
Naomi Campbel has taken to social media to debunk rumours of her being in a sexual relationship with Wizkid

It happened that days ago, Wizkid appeared to be relishing the company of international top model, Naomi Campbell, and the duo reportedly looked like an item as they strolled the red carpet at the GQ Men Of The Year Awards.

The model rocked curled raven tresses with a stylish fringe as she arrived fashionably late to the star-studded red carpet.

However Naomi Campbell who debunked the rumour in a ‘thank you’ tweet to Wizkid, revealed that the StarBoy Records Boss is in the brother zone.

Here is her tweet below;

Thank you for being by my side baby wiz @wizkidayo love you brother @BritishGQ

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/naomi-campbell-reacts-to-rumours-of-her.html

Celebrities / I Will Be Sad If Anything Bad Happens To Leah Sharibu – Omotola by 10Ebisco: 1:35pm On Sep 08, 2018
Actress Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde, who recently bagged an award at the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards as Best Actress in Drama/TV Series despite being away from the scene for a while, has shared her experience and other issues with ADEMOLA OLONILUA.

How do you feel about winning an award at the just concluded Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards?

I can’t capture the way I feel about winning the AMVCA award in one word. I feel like I have stayed away for so long and the project that I took was worth coming back for. It was a labour of love and it was really hard to do that project. Right now, it just feels great that I did the right thing and hopefully, I would find projects that would challenge me and would even be better than that.

Why did you take a break from the movie industry?

I was focusing on some other things which were based on building. I felt that it was the right time for the stakeholders in the industry to begin to invest in the industry aside from producing movies. My first love was not producing movies. I like real estate and I studied Estate Management. I actually do real estate as a business and I thought about how I could merge real estate and entertainment. That is what I wanted to do. I wanted to do real estate in entertainment and that is what I fell back into. I just want to get properties and begin to think of the process of building cinemas, film studios or film villages.

Does it mean that real estate was actually your first love?

It is not my first love; it is actually what I studied, but I love it.
So what was your first love?
We would not leave here if I have to talk about my first love because I have had a lot of first loves.

How about your singing career; would you revisit that?

You can call that my first love if you want. I know a lot of people get shocked when I say that I love singing more than acting, but that is just the truth and I would have to speak my truth. I know that people think I have not ‘blown’ (made it big) as a singer so they expect me to just say acting is my love, but I would shock the world soon.
Does this mean that you are going back into the studio?
Oh! Of course.

As an activist, what do you think about Leah Sharibu, one of the Dapchi schoolgirls kidnapped by Boko Haram, but still in captivity?

It is very sad, especially as I read something (about her) recently. I do not know if it is true, but someone from the Presidency said that it is only God that can help her now. I am not very sure because sometimes there are false news reports on the internet. If it is true that was said, then that is very sad for this country. It does not matter if she was a Christian or a Muslim neither does it matter if she was a boy or a girl, the fact is that a Nigerian child is involved and she is innocent. We all have children. They are just about to start their life and they do not have any fault in what Nigeria has become today. Imagine a child who is below 18 years of age facing such things. Nigeria is supposed to protect its children. How do we sleep every day knowing that we have the power to do something but we are not (doing it)? I do not understand how we investigate things in Nigeria. I do not see how difficult it is to find her. I feel that people are just careless about this girl and it will be very sad if anything happens to her. I almost have no hope for Nigeria because I do not think that there is going to be any protest over her abduction. I just want people to have the fear of God; that is if they truly believe He exists and if they don’t, they should know that they have children too and they do not know when karma would come for them. They should find that girl and bring her home.

Your nickname is Omosexy. What do you do to remain sexy at 40?

I would say that it is innate.

You do not do exercises?

Unfortunately, I don’t. I wish I could lie about it but I don’t do exercises. I am that lazy. Once in a while when I feel that something is not right, then I spend about two days in the gym. Then I leave because by then, I am over it. I think I am just blessed with good genes. Also, I am very conscious of what I eat and how I take care of myself.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/i-will-be-sad-if-anything-bad-happens.html

1 Share

Politics / APC Drowning With A Spear – Makarfi by 10Ebisco: 6:29pm On Sep 07, 2018
A Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Presidential aspirant, Ahmed Makarfi on Friday urged members of the opposition party to use their “brains” in other to defeat the President Muhammadu Buhari-led All Progressives Congress, APC.

Makarfi, a former PDP Caretaker Committee Chairman also described APC as a party of “drowning men.”

The former Kaduna State governor spoke at the party’s secretariat when he submitted his Expression of Interest and Nomination Forms.

He said, “If you give a drowning man a sword, he will hold on to it. We are dealing with drowning men and we should understand and see them as such. We must never loss focus to wrest power from the APC. They may use whatever they want to use, but let’s use our brains.

“I will begin by sympathizing with PDP men and women on the attack on democracy yesterday when we were assaulted by the APC thugs. This has never happened before, for a party to leave its domain to another party’s headquarters and do what they did.

“But no matter how they try, they will not succeed. Intimidation will not work because we know the APC is left with no option other than intimidation. When you are losing, whatever you see, you grab.”

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/apc-drowning-with-spear-makarfi.html

Politics / Dino Melaye, Abuja Residents Raise Alarm Over Earth Tremor by 10Ebisco: 9:57am On Sep 07, 2018
Senator representing Kogi West, Dino Melaye has raised alarm over earth tremors being experienced by residents in some parts of Abuja.

Melaye in a post on his Twitter page, speaking on the recent development, said he felt earth tremors in his Maitama home on Friday morning.

He, however, stated that he has informed the FCT minister, Mohammed Bello of the development.

He assured Abuja residents that measures were been taken to address the problem.

Melaye wrote: “I have informed the FCT Minister and Perm Sec. on the scaring earth movement in some parts of Abuja at 6:11am. I felt earth tremors in my home in maitama too.

“Measures are been taken to address the problem.I will keep the FCT administration on their toes on this.”

Here are some comments gathered by DAILY POST:

@Fantis “Did you all feel this crazy big tremor just now 6:12 am in Abuja? Now this is getting scary. My house and bed shook! Felt 2 More smaller ones now.”

@AliyuAtiku “The whole Abuja is vibrating. It happened yesterday and it’s happening right now. Anybody felt it? Could it be an earthquake?

@BashirYusuf “Another heavy tremor just occurred at 6.01 a.m. in Maitama, Abuja. Truth is, this seem like a warning for an earthquake. I think the authorities should do some scientific investigation or evacuate residents as a matter of precaution.”

@Chrisngwodu “These tremors shaking Abuja require a definite explanation. What are they? Why are they happening? What or who is responsible? Are they seismic events?

@Oyenne9 “It’s the third day of tremors in abuja, Today’s just started very early this morning and its getting stronger. It’s spreading to areas that weren’t affected on day one. The windows are vibrating as well. I’ve counted more than 5 since 6:11am.”

@Olajideobe “we also need to ensure all first responders are on emergency alert.
As we pray/hope for the best (safety), we should also brace for the worst, in case earthquake eventually occurs.”

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/dino-melaye-abuja-residents-raise-alarm.html

Celebrities / MUST READ!! Are You One Of Those Women Who Wear ANKLETS? If Yes, You May Need To by 10Ebisco: 10:59pm On Sep 05, 2018
Anklet is becoming a trend for women these days and its gradually becoming a major part of a lady’s outfit, but there are so many negatives beliefs attached to anklet especially among Africans.

There is a general myth or fact that says

”An Anklet is a bracelet worn around the ankle. Widely recognized as a symbol that a woman is married yet available to other men for sexual activity with the husband’s consent and encouragement”.

What is your belief towards the usage of anklet.

Drop your comments.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/must-read-are-you-one-of-those-women.html

Politics / Osinbajo Fires Back At Atiku Over Restructuring Of Nigeria Debate by 10Ebisco: 7:38am On Sep 05, 2018
Speaking at a town hall meeting in Minnesota, the United States of America, Osinbajo had said the problem of Nigeria was not geographical restructuring but prudent management of national resources.

The Vice President had also noted that the prudent management of the nation’s resources and the provision of essential needs of the people were better ways of addressing Nigeria’s development challenges.

“Problem with our country is not a matter of restructuring…and we must not allow ourselves to be drawn into the argument that our problems stem from some geographical restructuring,” he had said.

But Abubakar on Saturday faulted the stance of his successor, stressing that the current Vice President got it wrong on restructuring.

In an open letter he personally signed and sent to DAILY POST, Osinbajo insisted that restructuring in “whatever shape or form, will not mean much if our political leaders see public resources as an extension of their bank accounts.”

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/osinbajo-fires-back-at-atiku-over.html

Politics / Kidnappers Demand N20m Ransom To Release Edo APC LGA Chairman by 10Ebisco: 3:42am On Sep 04, 2018
The gunmen who abducted Mr. Henry Ashofor, the Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Akoko-Edo Local Government Area of Edo State, are demanding N20 million ransom for the releaseof their victim.

The pharmacist-turned politician was kidnapped on Saturday evening, near Ayetoro, along the Igarra-Ibillo Road, while on his way home from Igarra where he had attended a burial ceremony with other politicians.

A source close to the family disclosed that the abductors called his wife on Sunday evening, where they made the demands, but the family pleaded with the kidnappers to reduce the ransom to N600,000.

As at the time of this report, the Chairman of the local government area, Don Umoru, was said to be in a security meeting with top government officials and heads of security agencies in the area.

A leader of the party who did not want to be named, told journalists on phone: ”We are still on it, some hours ago, they called that we should bring N20 million. We are having security and peace meeting as we speak.”

He explained that the abducted chairman was with several other political leaders but left midway with his followers to go back to Ibillo where he ran into the kidnappers who laid an ambush.

The politician said: “There is unease in the area. Friends and family members of Ashofor are deeply traumatized as a result of the kidnap. Besides, they will not be able to raise the huge amount of money being demanded by the kidnappers. The kidnappers refused to reduce the ransom. It is a terrible time for his family and friends.

“We were shocked when we were told that he has been kidnapped. They were taken at gun point and led into the bush.”

Also, the Secretary to the Otaru of Igarra, Folorunsho Dania, who called on the federal government to come to the aid of the local government area, chronicled​ the series of kidnappings and other criminal activities in the area.

“The activities of these hoodlums have become so worrisome. They are dare-devil and blood thirsty. Almost on a daily basis, they carry out their heinous crimes. Deacon Ashofor was kidnapped on Saturday on the same route where they carry out their crimes.

“Just last week, a retired principal was kidnapped on the same route. Few days back at Okpe Junction, people who were coming from a function were attacked by gunmen, the four tyres of their vehicle were shattered.

“Few months ago, two retired matrons from the General Hospital were kidnapped in Igarra. We have not even recovered from the robbery that killed several lives,” Dania related.

As at the time of filing this report, it was gathered that the APC ward III Chairman in the area, Mr. Arnold Shadrach, was just released after he was reportedly kidnapped few days ago.

When contacted on phone, the Edo State Police Command Spokesman, Mr. Chidi Nwanbuzor, said that he was in a meeting and could not speak on it.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/kidnappers-demand-n20m-ransom-to.html

Politics / 2019: I Don’t Free And Fair Elections – President Buhari by 10Ebisco: 7:34pm On Sep 02, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari Sunday in Beijing said that as a beneficiary of free and fair elections, he is not afraid of a credible process in 2019.

To this effect, the president reaffirmed his commitment to making sure that the 2019 polls, under his watch, will be free, fair and credible.

Speaking at an interactive session with members of the Nigerian community in China, the president pledged that Nigerians eligible to vote in the next general elections will be allowed to freely elect candidates of their choice.

‘‘I have no fear about free and fair elections because that is what brought me to the present position. I know what I went through and very few Nigerians could boast of trying four times [contesting for the presidency].

‘‘Those interested in participating in the elections must get their PVCs, register in their constituency and elect anybody of their choice across ethnicity and religion.

‘‘The Nigerian police, law enforcement agencies and INEC must respect the people to express their wishes,’’ he said.

Citing recent elections in Bauchi, Katsina and Kogi states, the president said the country had made progress relative to elections conducted in the past years.

On security issues, the president reaffirmed that his government has succeeded in curtailing Boko Haram insurgents in the country, adding that the terrorist group no longer controls any part of the country.

He attributed the success to operations of security agencies deployed to counter insurgency in the North-eastern part of the country.

‘‘You will all recall that we contested the last election basically on three issues, which includes security, especially in the North-east.

‘‘The Boko Haram used to occupy quite a number of local governments in Borno State but they are not in anyone now. They have resorted to a very dangerous way of terrorism by indoctrinating young people, mostly girls and attacking soft targets, churches, mosques and marketplaces,’’ he said.

On herders and farmers clashes in Nigeria, the president told Nigerians in the Diaspora that while security agencies are doing their best to curtail the clashes, the Nigerian media need to complement the efforts through objective and informed reportage.

The president appealed to the Nigerian media to make an attempt at understanding the cultural and historical implications of some of the misunderstanding between herders and farmers.

In the words of the president: ‘‘To my disappointment there are a number of things which the members of the press in Nigeria do not make enough efforts, in my observation, to study the historical antecedents of issues that are creating national problems for us.’’

According to the president, due to the effects of climate change, a farm that used to belong to 5 people now belong to 50 people, the weather condition, particularly the rainy season is now unpredictable.

The president partly blamed the farmer’s herders’ controversy on the shrinking of the Lake Chad, which has forced many cattle nomads to seek greener pastures for their herds in other parts of the country.

On Nigeria-China relations, the president applauded China’s generosity and contribution to the development of Nigeria, citing the successful completion of the Abuja-Kaduna railway line, built by the Chinese, and ongoing works on Lagos, Ibadan, Ilorin, Abuja, Kano railway routes.

He said Nigeria and China are also negotiating on the Mambilla project.

President Buhari advised Nigerians planning to travel abroad for ‘‘greener pastures’’ to do so legitimately and not to expect too much from their countries of destination.

“You cannot seek greener pastures in a place where you are not respected because of the colour of your skin or your lack of education or other things. Personally, I think you will earn more respect when you remain at home and get a job,’’ he said

On Nigeria-China relations, the president applauded China’s generosity and contribution to the development of Nigeria, citing the successful completion of the Abuja-Kaduna railway line, built by the Chinese, and ongoing works on Lagos, Ibadan, Ilorin, Abuja, Kano railway routes.

He said Nigeria and China are also negotiating on the Mambilla project.

President Buhari advised Nigerians planning to travel abroad for ‘‘greener pastures’’ to do so legitimately and not to expect too much from their countries of destination.

‘‘You cannot seek greener pastures in a place where you are not respected because of the colour of your skin or your lack of education or other things. Personally, I think you will earn more respect when you remain at home and get a job,’’ he said.

Acknowledging the material and intellectual support of Nigerians in the Diaspora to the development of Nigeria, the president assured that his administration will remain focused and committed to providing the needed infrastructure and doing the needful for Nigeria’s prosperity.

Earlier in his remarks, the Nigerian Ambassador to China, Baba Ahmed-Jidda, thanked the president for his support to the embassy, which led to the completion of the ambassador’s residence.

The ambassador praised Nigerians resident in the various province of China for being law abiding with the exception of few.

On consular matters, the envoy told the president Nigerians still faced difficulties in the process of obtaining Chinese visas – an issue he thinks the president should take up with the Chinese authority.

Also speaking, the president of the China Chapter of Nigerians in the Diaspora Organisation, Brian Akiti, while wishing the country successful elections in 2019 pledged the support of the organisation to the present administration’s development agenda.

In a separate event, the president also met with Nigerian students on scholarship in China.

He told the students: “I hope you will make the best use of this opportunity given to you. Nigeria is grateful to China for extending this generosity to us.

‘‘The Chinese are helping Nigeria greatly with building infrastructure, it is very much appreciated. We are pleased with the training they providing for our Nigerian Students.”

President Muhammadu Buhari also met with the executives of China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation (CCECC), during which he lauded the construction group for their immense contributions to infrastructure development in Nigeria.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/2019-i-dont-free-and-fair-elections.html

Celebrities / Woman Gives Birth On Her Wedding Day In Anambra by 10Ebisco: 11:12am On Sep 02, 2018
The family of Mr. and Mrs. Emmanuel Udeolisa of Awo Idemili has so much reasons to rejoice after the bride gave birth on her wedding day in Anambra State, last weekend.

According to Orientdailynews, the bride, Mrs. Chinaza Udeolisa delivered a bouncing baby boy on August 25th, which was her wedding day and still made it to St Gerald’s Catholic Church, Oba where she eventually exchanged marital vows with her husband.

According the bride, the de­livery on her wedding day was a huge surprise as her expected day of delivery (EDD) was mid-Sep­tember, with the baby arriving almost three weeks earlier than scan results predicted.

“I was surprised when I started feeling dizzy and sign of labour three days to our wedding but I dismissed it as part of the pre-wedding planning stress because the doctors gave me up to September middle to expect the baby”, she told our reporter.“I was still dismissing the signs up till the morning of our wedding, but as the makeup artiste was still fixing my nails, it reached the stage that I could no longer bear the pains”, she added.

The husband who upon receiving the good news rushed to the church to plead with the officiat­ing priest Rev. Fr Dennis Ekene Chukwudindu to grant them some extra time to enable the wife get cleaned up and prepare for the wedding.

“I am very happy at least the joy of a new baby and that of wedding is now complete,” Mrs. Udeolisa declared, noting her gratitude to God for such quick delivery. According to her, “it’s God that made everything possible because it is not easy that I arrived the hospital and, without wasting time, delivered safely”.

“I had planned on how to embrace the reception with my dance moves but I can no longer do that because this bundle of joy has already done all that for me”, she added

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/woman-gives-birth-on-her-wedding-day-in.html

Sports / 'mourinho Witch-hunt Staining Man Utd's Reputation' - Exit Talk Irks Ince As Fer by 10Ebisco: 10:01pm On Sep 01, 2018
It remains to be seen whether he will be granted that time, with United having already parted with David Moyes and Louis van Gaal since seeing the legendary Sir Alex Ferguson bring a 27-year reign to a close in 2013.

Former United midfielder Ince told Paddy Power of the exit talk surrounding the Red Devils’ current boss: “I’m concerned about the witch-hunt for Jose Mourinho.

“United are in danger of becoming a team known for sacking managers after a couple of years. They’ve now gone through Van Gaal, Moyes and maybe Mourinho in quick succession.

“There’s an attitude of just getting rid of someone straight away if they aren’t winning every game – imagine that had been done to Sir Alex Ferguson in the beginning?”

United have history when it comes to recovering from slow starts to enjoy considerable success, with their class of 1992-93 going on to lift the Premier League title after stumbling out of the blocks.

Ince, though, doubts that the Red Devils’ current squad have enough about them to achieve a similar end result.

He added: “I keep seeing comparisons to the 1992 side, where we started the season losing two games then went on to win the title. That, to me, is insulting.

“You really cannot compare the two. For starters, we had better players in every area of the pitch, and we had leaders which the current team just doesn’t have. We also had that absolute hunger and desire to win every single game, again, which I just can’t see from this squad.

“Although Jose is right to demand respect, when things aren’t going his way at the minute, he’s showing that he’s under pressure.

“He knows what kind of responsibility it is to manage at Old Trafford. You’re put under huge scrutiny which you aren’t at other clubs, but you need to learn to not rise to it so much.”

United will get another chance to kick-start their season and ease some of the pressure on Mourinho’s shoulders when they travel to Burnley on Sunday .

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/mourinho-witch-hunt-staining-man-utds.html

Politics / Boko Haram Kills At Least 30 Nigerian Soldiers - Report by 10Ebisco: 5:51pm On Sep 01, 2018
Boko Haram members

At least 30 Nigerian soldiers have been killed in a bloody combat with Boko Haram jihadists, according to a report by AFP on Saturday.

AFP reported that military sources told the news agency that the terrorists overran a military base in the northeast near the border with Niger on Saturday leading to the death of the soldiers.

Scores of jihadists in trucks stormed the base at Zari village in northern Borno state late Thursday and briefly seized it after a fierce battle in which 30 soldiers were killed, they said.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/boko-haram-kills-at-least-30-nigerian.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (of 18 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 207
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.