Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,511 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

10Ebisco's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 10Ebisco's Profile / 10Ebisco's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 18 pages)

Celebrities / How To Promote Your Music In 2019 And Also Learn Those Lessons by 10Ebisco: 11:30am On Feb 01, 2019
Hello Friends

I know many bloggers have scammed you with their Fake lies, which is not true.

For Example Upload Your Music And We Will Upload It on 10 Sites, 20 Sites, 30 Sites Which Is Totally Lie.

They Will Only Share Your Music On Whatsapp Alone Which Is Have A Limit 256 Members Lol Don't Be Fool Ok

Notice: If You Want To Upload Your Music In Other Sites Because Of Expensive Of Naijaloaded, Tooxclusive, 9jaflavour And Others Which Are Very Popular.

Be careful Apart From Those Website i Mentioned Anyone You Want To Upload Your Music And Video, Don't Ever Forget To Ask Those Question Before Promote Your Music For Any Website

Social Media

1. Facebook Page How Many Like? The Person Must Have Minimum Of 100k Likes

2. Facebook Group How Many Members? The Person Must Have Minimum Of 100k Members

3. Twitter How Many Followers? The Person Must Have Minimum Of 10k Followers

4. Pinterest How Many Followers? The Person Must Have Minimum Of 10k Followers

5. Linkedin How Many Followers? The Person Must Have Minimum Of 100k Followers

6. Google Search Engine

So That You can Have At least 5,000 To 10,000 Download Before Some Months

Check Here: http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/02/01/how-to-promote-your-music/

Politics / Jubilating Police Officer Falls Off Moving Van In Lagos by 10Ebisco: 7:06am On Jan 16, 2019
A police officer fell off a moving patrol van while jubilating on Tuesday in Lagos State.

"The incident occurred on the premises of the Lagos State Police Command Headquarters in Ikeja area of the state," said a report by Channels Television.

It said that the police officer was among the personnel on the convoy of the Commissioner of Police, Mr Edgal Imohimi.

"The policeman, who was on the van, was jubilating over the reversal of the decision to redeploy the police commissioner from the state," the report said.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/16/jubilating-police-officer-falls-off-moving-van-lagos/

Politics / Cabal In The Presidency After Me, Ortom Cries Out by 10Ebisco: 7:21am On Jan 15, 2019
Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State has raised the alarm over what he described as an attempt by certain cabal within the presidency to pit him against President Muhammadu Buhari, who he alleged did not act on time when two Fulani socio-cultural groups threatened and carried out attacks and killings in Benue State.

Ortom made this known yesterday while campaigning in Konshisha Local Government Area of the state.
He stated that he has never attacked the personality of the president as insinuated by the spokesman of the president, Mallam Garba Shehu.

Shehu had alleged that Ortom, who is presently campaigning for his re-election, was alleged to have claimed that Buhari was trying to islamise Benue State.
However, Ortom while fielding questions from journalists at Tse Agbaragba described Shehu’s statement as unfortunate, stressing, “I’m not sure it’s coming from Mr. President but from the presidency.”

“In my campaigns I have never insulted President Buhari, I have never made any hate speech against him at any given time. If I talk of Miyetti Allah claiming responsibility for the killings in Benue State, it came from them and it was before the media and everybody knew about it.
“If I talk about Fulani Nationality Movement (FUNAM), which did a press conference in Kano and proclaimed that the killings in Benue State were a continuation of 1804 jihad, it didn’t come from me, it came from them.

“I called for the arrest of these people because they were making hate speeches and displaying impunity over this country and I reported them to security agencies. I expected that these people should have been arrested. And I was just repeating that.

“Garba Shehu cannot tell me where I’ll go and do my campaigns. If I am in the church I will also go to the mosque and respect the Muslims for who they are, and I respect the church, that is the background I come from, I am a Christian.

“Can Garba Shehu come and tell me where to campaign? He doesn’t have the right, he is from APC and I am of the PDP and I am campaigning to win election for my party and my presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, because I believe he will not keep a cabal in the villa.
“I am a man, I am not a woman, that is why I respect the wife of the president who called all of us to come back that ‘where are the men in this country.

“Should we allow the cabal in the Villa to ruin this country? I am not a coward; it is a coward that will die 20 times before his actual death. Time has come for us to say the truth in this country. Whether it is going to be with our lives, we should say it in order to save the country and save our democracy.”

Ortom who also commented on the arraignment of the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Walter Onnoghen at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT), said “Look at what is happening, looking at the issue of arraigning the CJN, this is impunity at its highest level.

I always say that we must respect the rule of law, that is the only way we can preserve ourselves and even the positions we hold.
“Anything outside that will result in impunity and when there is impunity you are inviting anarchy and when there is anarchy you don’t know where it will lead us to.

“Look, nobody should be above the law, we should respect the law, the presidency should respect the law, I should respect the law, everybody should respect the law. That is the only way we can preserve this country because Nigeria belongs to all of us.

“All of us are stakeholders and we cannot fold our hands and see things being destroyed by individuals. I have no time for that, Garba Shehu should go and concentrate on his job and he should stop trying to create hatred between me and the president, because I have no issues with the president.
“I talk about issues of the campaign. And if you talk about hate speech they should go and arrest FUNAM and Miyetti Allah members who made that statement and going around doing all sorts of illegal things, creating hate and confusion among Nigerians and nobody is out to say anything, rather you hear agents of government come out to give backing to Miyetti Allah.

“Why should I keep quiet? I will not keep quiet unless justice, equity and fairness are done by the federal government. It is my responsibility to the people of Benue State to make laws as long as it does not conflict with the provisions of Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
“But it is also the responsibility of the federal government to enforce any law whether by the states or federal government, so what is my offence?”

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/15/cabal-presidency-ortom-cries/

Politics / South East Governors Are Working For Buhari - Nnamdi Kanu by 10Ebisco: 7:33am On Jan 14, 2019
The leader of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, has alleged that the South East governors are working for the re-election of President Muhammadu Buahri against the Atiku/Obi presidential ambition based on their quest to be allowed to return for a second tenure in office.

He maintained IPOB’s stand on the boycott of the forthcoming general elections in Nigeria. He demanded a referendum for Biafra exit from Nigeria, citing undue marginalisation of the people of the South East and parts of the South-South.

In a broadcast message he issued yesterday from his base in Israel, Kanu declared that Nigeria over the years, had failed to conduct free, fair and credible elections, wondering “how do you expect us to vote in an election where the outcome is a forgone conclusion.”

He said: “It is shameful and very sad for any observer of what is happening to the East and especially Igbo people. If you are not mentally tough you might be tempted to throw in the towel in surrender to Fulani hegemony given the conduct of some Igbo politicians. Admittedly some politicians show the potential of being reliable, however, as one intelligent man put it, ‘politicians are often victims of linear thinking and logic.’

“IPOB has proved that there are other centres of influence and power in the East. Those hoping that Atiku will sweep Biafraland because of the Obi factor are misguided because almost every governor in the South East is working for Buhari. What a shame! Even Soludo of all people is working for Buhari.

“IPOB is not backing down on the boycott. Never! In the immediate past few years, IPOB has proven that other than politicians, there are other centres of influence and power in South East and parts of South-South.

“So, this current path we have chosen – the path of boycotting the 2019 elections – is a well-considered one geared towards leaving no one in doubt that we mean business. We know that some people are wondering what IPOB expects to gain when it refuses to participate in elections.

“I am keenly aware that, at first, the logic of a boycott makes little sense to many. Some have said that by participating in elections, IPOB will have a chance of helping to elect politicians amenable to self-determination and ultimately a referendum. Well, that’s true but only in theory.

“In practice, experience has shown that votes hardly count in Nigeria; and where they may count, we have not yet seen any candidate willing to commit to the changes we demand, such that the boycott could be reconsidered as a whole, or piecemeal for such candidate.

“Suffice it to say therefore that it is the real and recurring threats to the fairness of elections in Nigeria that constitute one of the primary reasons that IPOB has chosen the path of boycotting elections. So, in as much as the boycott may not succeed in truncating the election in the short term, the long benefits are legion.

“The downside of a boycott is of course very obvious: when an election is boycotted, the incumbent is much more likely to win that election. Yet, the upside is that when a popular mass movement such as IPOB boycotts an election, it denies the government the legitimacy derived from the results of such election. That’s enough for us and that’s enough for the international community that monitors these things.

“The point of what I have been saying is simple: The raging debate issuing from IPOB’s decision to boycott the 2019 elections should not be about the pros and cons. Rather, those that know that the boycott will hurt them should direct their energy to consideration of the political concessions that can be made to IPOB to persuade it to call off the boycott.

“The Nigeria they are asking us to participate in their elections doesn’t even know the meaning of separation of powers because Nigeria is a backward Fulani enclave under neo-colonial influence. What I find mentally debilitating is our inability as a group of people to rise to the occasion and take back the power we have so freely for years vested in the hands of people who are not educated enough to hold high public office.

“The fact still remains that what happens in Nigeria is selection not election if not why would Dave Umahi in PDP be campaigning for a murderous APC government that killed his own people. Why would Wille Obiano of Anambra State, a supposed Igbo man, be campaigning so viciously against Peter Obi his mentor and godfather? We know the all-powerful INEC is owned and run by Fulani cabal under the direct supervision of Aso Rock which they also own. Only INEC-announced results are considered valid; so, all it takes for a candidate to win is to be in the good books of the Fulani cabal running Nigeria and you are guaranteed success.

“It doesn’t matter how many votes you receive or how many supporters you have, the only thing that counts is who Aso Rock wants to place in power. Edo, Ekiti and Osun states are forerunners of what will become of the elections this year. Everybody saw the blatant rigging and falsification of results but as Africans, we don’t care enough to want to correct these anomalies, but we expect economic and social development from people who are callous enough to subvert the electoral process.

“The issue of underage voting in Kano hasn’t been addressed. The other thorny issue of allowing so-called IDP’s residing in Niger, Chad and Cameroons to vote in the presidential elections has been resolved in favour of APC because they will simply write results for INEC to accept and declare. All these are inbuilt fraud designed to deliver the government in power.

“What Nigeria is practicing is not democracy because in any true democracy the legislature will not tolerate the excesses of this Buhari administration. Now the question is why don’t people rise up in rebellion against this mess of a government. Could it be because we are all spineless cowards? The fact remains that people have refused to rationalise and reason very properly.

“How do you expect us to vote in an election where the outcome is a forgone conclusion? Nepotism has been taken to a new height because the appointment of an all exclusive Fulani INEC. This was the same INEC that sanctioned the nomination of Buhari despite not having a verifiable WAEC certificate which for the avoidance of doubt is a prerequisite for every candidate seeking the office of the president of Nigeria.

“As our mothers defended our land in 1929, so shall this IPOB defend our nation Biafra,” Kanu stated

https://www.today.ng/news/politics/nnamdi-kanu-south-east-governors-working-president-buhari-186708/amp

8 Likes

Politics / Lagos: What I’ll do in first 100 days if voted governor – Sanwo-Olu by 10Ebisco: 12:00am On Jan 14, 2019
The governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has vowed to solve the traffic gridlock in Apapa in the first 100 days of his administration if elected governor of the state in March.

He spoke on Sunday during a governorship debate organised by ‘The Platform’ and broadcast live on Channels TV.

Sanwo-Olu and other contestants were asked what they would do in the first 100 days in office if elected governor of Lagos State.

He said he had identified 62 traffic gridlocks across the state which could be resolved within 60 days

“Within the first 100 days, I will tackle the gridlock at Apapa. I will need to clear up all the traffic and all the trailers at Apapa. I’ll make sure it’s a nightmare we will not see again,” he said.

He added that in the first 100 days, he would engage the private sector to drive the Lagos economy to prosperity.

Sanwo-Olu stated that he would convene a town hall meeting to tell the public service that there were new ways of doing things.

Also, the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Jimi Agbaje said he would address traffic gridlock in the metropolis by tackling potholes, as well as address the issues of waste management.

https://www.google.com/amp/dailypost.ng/2019/01/13/lagos-ill-first-100-days-voted-governor-sanwo-olu/amp/

1 Like

Travel / Many Feared Dead As Trailer Crashes Into Market In Ekiti by 10Ebisco: 4:47pm On Jan 13, 2019
Many people were feared killed when an articulated vehicle lost control and ran into a market in Iworoko Ekiti Saturday evening.

Iworoko Ekiti is home to a large number of students of Ekiti State University due to its proximity to the institution’s main campus. It was gathered that the accident occurred during the market peak period.

A large crowd of sympathisers were seen wailing at the scene of the accident .

When contacted, the Police Public Relation Officer, Ekiti State Police Command, Mr. Caleb Ikechukwu, said he was yet to be briefed on the incident.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/13/many-feared-dead-trailer-crashes-market-ekiti/

Politics / BREAKING NEWS: South South Governors Summon Emergency Meeting •warn Against Vict by 10Ebisco: 11:33pm On Jan 12, 2019
The South South Governors’ Forum has scheduled an emergency meeting of the Forum for tomorrow, Sunday, December 13, 2019.

A statement on Saturday night by Mr. Fidelis Soriwei, Special Adviser, Media Relations, to the Governor of Bayelsa State, The Honourable Seriake Dickson, said that the security of the Niger Delta, during and after the forthcoming general elections, the issue of derivation, and recent development involving the Chief Justice of the Federation (CJN), Justice Walter Onnoghen, would feature for deliberation at the meeting.

News Express had on Saturday afternoon reported that the Federal Government has directed Justice Onnoghen to leave office immediately and that he is scheduled for trial on Monday at the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) for alleged assets declaration offences.

Commenting on the issue in Saturday night’s statement, Governor Dickson said that while he was yet to know the full details surrounding the developments at the Supreme Court concerning the CJN, “it is a grave and dangerous escalation, coming a few weeks to the general elections.”

He said that the South South Governors would address a press conference after the meeting to convey the position of the zone to the Nigerian public.

Dickson said that “all efforts must be on deck to prevent the subversion and desecration of the ethos of democracy in Nigeria as nation moves nearer to the elections.”

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/12/breaking-news-south-south-governors-summon-emergency-meeting-%e2%80%a2warn-victimisation-cjn-onnoghen/

Celebrities / Re: 'The Nigerian Dream' By Ice Prince Zamani & Vangegh Begha by 10Ebisco: 3:25pm On Jan 12, 2019
PAY ATTENTION: Install Our Latest App For Android And Read The Best News About Nigeria

Politics / 2019: South East APC Leaders Pledge Support For Buhari’s Victory by 10Ebisco: 3:22pm On Jan 12, 2019
Leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the South East zone have pledged to work together as a formidable team to deliver President Muhammadu Buhari in the 2019 elections and change the negative perception in the zone about the party.

The leaders agreed to embark on door-to-door and community to community campaign to showcase the achievements of the president in the southeast zone since 2015, even as they expressed confidence in the ability of the president to continue to transform the country for the good of the people.

In a communiqué released after the well-attended maiden meeting of the South East APC Presidential Campaign Council, held in Enugu, the leaders also passed a vote of confidence in the zone’s Director of Campaign, Sharon Ikeazor, and pledged their support to enable her undertake the task of achieving victory for Buhari in the February 16 election.

At the meeting were Minister of Science and Technology, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu, who represented ministers from the zone; former governor Sullivan Chime, who represented former governors, South East Zonal Chairman of the party, Mr Emma Enukwu; National Auditor, Chief George Moghalu; APC gubernatorial candidates – Senator Hope Uzodinma (Imo) Senator Ayogu Eze (Enugu), Chief Uche Ogah (Abia) and Chief Soni Ogbuoji (Ebonyi).

There were also senators Ben Uwajumogu, Andy Uba, Julius Ucha and Margery Chuba-Okadigbo; as well as National and State Assemblies candidates, former ministers Chief Emeka Wogu and Professor Chinwe Obaji.

Also in attendance were State Chairmen from the five southeastern states, National Working Committee members and political appointees including Mr Osita Okechukwu, Juliet Ibekaku and Princess Gloria Akobundu, among others.

The communiqué signed by Ikeazor said that the leaders resolved to ensure that President Buhari wins overwhelmingly in the South Eastern region.

They also pledged to “reconcile, restore and reintegrate into our fold, our disenchanted members as well as “forget their differences from the fallout of party primaries and unite to win the presidential election and other elections for the APC”.

The leaders thanked the President for the confidence reposed in Sharon Ikeazor, saying that she has a wide reach in the five eastern states and beyond based on her antecedents as a former National Women leader and member of board of Trustees of the party and promised to support her in her assignment.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/12/2019-south-east-apc-leaders-pledge-support-buharis-victory/

Politics / 2019: European Union Deploys Observation Mission by 10Ebisco: 10:40am On Jan 12, 2019
The European Union has appointed Maria Arena as Chief Observer European Union Election Observation Mission (EU EOM) to Nigeria for the General elections.

Federica Mogherini, High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and Vice-President of the European Commission announced the appointment today.

The elections are scheduled for 16 February and 2 March 2019.

Ms Arena is a member of the European Parliament from Belgium.

The deployment of the EU Election Observation Mission follows an invitation by the Independent National Electoral Commission. The

EU has consistently accompanied electoral processes and deployed an EOM to Nigeria’s general elections since 1999, reflecting its long-term commitment to supporting credible, transparent and inclusive
elections in the country.

High Representative/Vice-President Mogherini stated: “As Africa’s largest economy and a key political and economic player in West Africa, Nigeria is an important partner for the EU.

“The EU is committed to support Nigeria’s path towards stronger democracy and further political stability, building on the 2015 general elections. I am confident that the deployment of an EU EOM under the leadership of Chief Observer Maria Arena, will contribute to an inclusive and transparent electoral process. ”

The Chief Observer, Maria Arena, declared: “It is a great honour for me to lead this important EU Election Observation Mission to Nigeria. I am hopeful that our observation will provide a meaningful contribution to the electoral and democratic process in Nigeria.”

The Election Observation Mission Core Team of eleven EU election analysts arrived in Nigeria on 4 January and will stay in the country until the completion of the electoral process.

Later in January the Core Team will be joined by 40 long-term observers who will be deployed across the country.

The European Union’s Election Observation Mission looks forward to cooperating with other international and domestic observation missions.

Shortly after both election days, the mission will issue preliminary statements at press conferences in Abuja. A final report, including recommendations for future electoral processes, will be presented at a later stage, after the finalisation of the electoral process. (NAN)

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/12/2019-european-union-deploys-observation-mission/

Politics / QUESTION: Is Atiku A Liar, Buari A Hypocrite? by 10Ebisco: 3:29am On Jan 12, 2019
Anthony A. Kila blames the system for our being less assertive on the leading presidential candidates

The title of our first conversation this year is a result of the last flurry of accusation and counter accusations with which the two leading presidential candidates in the coming 2019 elections ended their campaign in 2018. Their accusations and counter accusations on integrity and corruption leave us the citizens with the question about who is lying and who is faking integrity.

To be precise, these accusations and counter accusations were made by their spokesmen and various surrogates. We note that there is a new vogue in town, since close to four years now: spokesmen now say a lot whilst their principals say very little directly.

The accusations of corruption hovering around the PDP presidential standard bearer Atiku Abubakar is not new. For over 10 years, there had been rumours about Atiku’s not very cleaned hands; there have been tales of indecent and opaque privatization, direct looting and bribery whilst he was in office as vice-president of Nigeria. The biggest tale of course is the one with the American flavour. I deliberately call these allegations tales and rumours because in fairness to Atiku and objectively speaking, no court or committee or report has come out in clear terms to name Atiku guilty or wanted for any crime.

Regardless of what one feels about the man Atiku, his tenure in office as vice-president or his prospect as presidential candidate, one must objectively note that if Atiku is truly a looter then there is something very wrong with our judicial and political system.

A judicial system that hears that a man who has been out of office for over 10 years is a looter and cannot find or does not have within the system a policeman, an EFCC agent or a judge to bring such person to trial for definite conviction or acquittance is not a system in good shape.

Let us not forget that Atiku just like Buhari is a serial presidential aspirant, they have both ran on more than one political platforms. A political system that hears or suspects that a man who has been out of office for over 10 years is a looter and has never denounced him, reported him or even disqualified him from contesting on its political platforms is not a system in good shape.

Thanks to the political system in Nigeria, Atiku’s corruption seems to be like an air-conditioner: its temperature depends on where you stand. It is cool when you are in the room and hot when you are outside the room.

Atiku and indeed his whole team, past and present, too has not helped matters. How can you keep running for president and it has not occurred to you to clarify this matter of corruption once and for all?

Unlike Atiku, Buhari holds the premium prize for being one of the very few Nigerian public office holders that has covered various positions under various administrations and yet can be tagged as “Mr Integrity,” and even allergic to corruption. It is not a small feat and Nigerians really appreciate such achievements. As I have had course to note elsewhere, most Nigerians that voted for Buhari and indeed many of those that campaigned against him did so because they see him as an epitome of anticorruption. The consensus is that the man Buhari, unlike most politicians, is rather averse to corruption and therefore will fight corruption with all his might and that those under and around him will not dare do dodgy things. Any serious analyst will readily tell you that for Nigerians, good a man as Buhari is, he is no Barack Obama and his oratory skills were never his attraction for most Nigerians. Experienced as he is on Nigerian affairs and governance; most Nigerians do not associate him with dynamic and innovative economic policies nor do they associate Buhari with great diplomatic skills: His anticorruption credential is his greatest asset.

And therein lies the rub, as the bard would say, for if what the Atiku and the PDP people are saying has any iota of truth in it and it turns out that Buhari is not Mr Squeaky Clean, then we have a serious problem in our hands. We are not all the same though and reactions to the accusations and counter accusations show where we are and who we are.

Who are you?

The partisan, followers, believers and supporters of political leaders and parties have no problem. For them the messenger is more important that the message. To them anything that comes from the other side is untrue and only tarnishes the image of their hero. To them anything said by the other side is irrelevant for their hero is ever flawless. It won’t matter that a presidential candidate cannot freely travel to the USA or if he never had a certificate he claims to have obtained decades ago.

To the active militants and beneficiaries or agents of political leaders and parties, anything goes. It doesn’t matter if it is true, false, defamatory to a person or group or deleterious to our socio-political system and image. What matter is to find a way to defend and spin the issues to favour their own side and narrative. History means nothing and institutions do not matter to them.

Free unaffiliated citizens and objective analysts do not trust or loathe anyone, they wait to see where the truth lies regardless of who is saying what.

In this zero-sum game of accusations and counter accusations, the two sides cannot be right: Atiku’s camp is either made of desperate liars trying to tarnish Buhari’s image just to show that all politicians are the same or Buhari is a mega hypocrite and conman who in reality is far from what he publicly he stands for.

Eventually history will judge but investigative journalism and law suits against those who make unsubstantiated claims can help us understand in the short term.

Prof Kila is Centre Director, Centre for International Advanced and Professional Studies

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/12/question-atiku-liar-buari-hypocrite/

Politics / Buhari Appoints New Aide On NASS Matters by 10Ebisco: 8:42am On Jan 11, 2019
President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed Umar Ibrahim El-Yakub as the new Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to the President on National Assembly Matters (House of Representatives).

Mr Femi Adesina, the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, confirmed this development in a statement issued in Abuja on Thursday.

Adesina said El-Yakub’s appointment followed the resignation of Kawu Sumaila who was in that position.

Sumaila, who was appointed in August 2015, resigned to contest for the House of Representatives member for Sumaila/Takai Federal Constituency in Kano State under the the All Progressives Congress (APC).

His successor, El-Yakub, an APC stalwart from Kano State, was a member of the House of Representatives in 1998 and from 2003 to 2007 representing Kano Municipal Federal Constituency .(NAN)

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/11/buhari-appoints-new-aide-nass-matters/

Politics / Bayelsa Community Launches Manhunt For Masterminds Of Fake News Of Attack On Con by 10Ebisco: 10:08pm On Jan 09, 2019
The people of Koluama 1 in Southern Ijaw Local Government Area of Bayelsa have launched a manhunt for those behind the false report that an oil facility in the area was attacked on Friday.

A group ‘Koluama Seven Brothers’ had on Sunday claimed that it blew up a pipeline operated by Conoil in Koluama citing failure of the oil company to implement a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) it signed with the community on scholarships and job, among others favours for its people.

However, reactions from community, the military and other sources revealed that the claim was a hoax by a group seeking attention.

Mr. Sese Lloyd, who hails the area and the chairman, Maritime Workers Union in Bayelsa, said on Tuesday that the people had launched a manhunt for those behind the false report.

He said that the false report had portrayed the community in bad light and sent wrong signals to investors as well as the international oil market, adding that the masterminds of the fake news must be made to face the law.

“The report of an attack on Conoil facility in Koluama is not true. It is a blackmail by faceless groups for selfish material gains and we cannot afford to succumb to that.

“The area has been peaceful and there was no such incident. I have communicated with the company there was nothing of such.

“There was no such incident like that. If it happened, I should have known. I have made contact with my people back home and there is nothing, it is fake news.

“We are looking for the miscreants behind the false claim. As I speak with you the area is peaceful.”

The spokesman of the Joint Military Task Force (JTF) in the Niger Delta, Maj. Ibrahim Abdullahi, had said on Sunday that the claim of attack at Koluama oil field was false.

Abdullahi described the reports as a hoax and the handiwork of mischief makers aimed at misinforming the public, adding that the joint force was carrying out frequent patrols to secure oil facilities from attack.

“After exhaustive verifications following enquiries from media practitioners, we found out that no such incident happened.

“We enjoin the media to crosscheck their facts before rushing to the press to avoid publishing falsehood such as this report,” Abdullahi said.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/09/bayelsa-community-launches-manhunt-masterminds-fake-news-attack-conoil-facility/

Sports / BREAKING: Mohamed Salah Crowned African Player Of The Year For Second Straight Y by 10Ebisco: 8:51am On Jan 09, 2019
Mohamed Salah of Egypt is the African Player of the Year 2018, for the second time in a row, it was announced in Dakar, Senegal Tuesday night.

He beat two other competitors shortlisted with him, Liverpool team mate Sadio Mane and Arsenal striker Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang of Arsenal.

“I have dreamt of winning this award since I was a child and now I have done so twice in a row,” Salah said soon after receiving his trophy.

“My thanks go to my family, my team-mates and my fans and I dedicate this trophy to my homeland, Egypt.”

It was an identical outcome to last year when Salah became only the second Egyptian after 1983 winner Mahmoud al Khatib to be voted the best footballer in Africa.

Chrestinah Thembi Kgatlana of South Africa was crowned African Women’s Player of the Year 2018 at the Aiteo-CAF awards, while Nigeria’s female team won Women’s National Team of the Year.

Achraf Hakimi was named African Youth Player of the Year 2018.

Mo Salah was also not surprisingly named among Africa’s Best X1 players that did not include any Nigerian.

Other players are Aubameyang, Mane, Mahrez, Keita, Partey, Koulibaly, Bailly, Benatia and Aurier.

Onyango as the goalkeeper completed the Africa Eleven.

Mauritania are the Men’s national Team of the Year.

The coaches were also recognised with Herve Renard winning Men’s coach of the Year and Desiree Ellis, coach of the Bayana Bayana, winning Women’s Coach of the Year. (NAN)

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/09/breaking-mohamed-salah-crowned-african-player-year-second-straight-year-2/

Sports / BREAKING: Mohamed Salah Crowned African Player Of The Year For Second Straight Y by 10Ebisco: 3:09am On Jan 09, 2019
Mohamed Salah of Egypt is the African Player of the Year 2018, for the second time in a row, it was announced in Dakar, Senegal Tuesday night.

A breaking news by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) said that Salah beat two other competitors shortlisted with him, Liverpool team mate Sadio Mane and Arsenal striker Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang of Arsenal.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/09/breaking-mohamed-salah-crowned-african-player-year-second-straight-year/

Politics / Enugu Communities Endorse Ugwuanyi For Second Term by 10Ebisco: 5:30pm On Jan 08, 2019
The people of Akpugo in Nkanu West Local Government Area of Enugu State comprising 12 autonomous communities, yesterday, unanimously endorsed Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi for a second term in office.

Rising from a well-attended meeting of the leadership of the town unions of the autonomous communities, constituent villages, major markets and all the kindred families, the Akpugo people commended Governor Ugwuanyi for his uncommon leadership style and giant development strides across the state, especially in their area.

The people applauded the Governor for the construction of Ndiagu-Akpugo road, which they noted was the first state government’s road project in their land.

They also lauded the Governor for the rehabilitation of Ameze Water Scheme and appointment of their sons and daughters into sensitive positions, such as Commissioner, Chairman of Local Government Service Commission, and Executive Secretary of Local Government Pensions Board among other appointments too numerous to mention.

Moving the motion for the endorsement, a former Federal Commissioner with the Public Complaints Commission, Hon Afam Nnaji, after highlighting the good works of the governor, his penchant for peace and special love for the people of Nkanuland, stated that Governor Ugwuanyi’s re-election “will ensure continuity and consolidation of the developmental strides and positive economic expansion of the state.”

He also moved for the endorsement of the candidature of their son, Hon. Nnoli Nnaji, for Nkanu West/East Federal Constituency on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as well as other candidates of the party in the Senatorial District.

Seconding the motion, the President General of Ndiuno Uwani Autonomous Community, Chief Moses Aniemeka, opined that “the unparalleled peace that exists in Enugu State needs to continue”, stressing that “this cannot happen if the Governor is not reelected in office.”

Consequently, the meeting adopted the motion as moved and unanimously endorsed the re-election of Governor Ugwuanyi and the election of their son, Chief Nnaji and other PDP candidates, including Senator Dr Chimaroke Nnamani and Hon. Iloabuchi Aniagu.

In his remarks, the Royal father of the day, His Royal Majesty, Igwe John Ideyi, prayed fervently for the unity and progress of Akpugo and for God to grant the people their wish for Governor Ugwuanyi, Hon. Nnaji and other PDP candidates at the polls.

Speaking earlier while welcoming participants, the State Commissioner for Commerce and Industry, an indigene of the town, Hon. Sam Ogbu-Nwobodo, explained that the essence of the gathering was to bring the leaders of the people together in unity, to continue to forge a common front for socio-political and economic development of their area in particular and the state in general.

Hon. Ogbu-Nwobodo thanked the people for their unceasing prayers, solidarity, goodwill and support for Gov. Ugwuanyi and the emergence of their illustrious son, Hon. Nnaji, as the PDP candidate for Nkanu West/East Federal Constituency, and solicited more support for their landslide victory at the forthcoming general election.

Also speaking, Hon. Nnaji, while thanking the Governor for his love for Akpugo, called on the people to “imbibe the spirit of love for one another to move Akpugo, Nkanu West LGA and Enugu State forward”, while promising that if elected he will give them quality representation.

An elder statesman and the Deputy President General, Ihunekwagu Autonomous Community, Chief Paul Igweshi, thanked the participants and the entire people of Akpugo for their cooperation and sense of direction towards the progress of the area and the state.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/08/enugu-communities-endorse-ugwuanyi-second-term/

Education / ASUU Reach Agreement, Strike Ends Soon - FG by 10Ebisco: 1:19pm On Jan 08, 2019
The Federal Government and the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) reached possible agreement on Monday toward resolving the ongoing lecturers’ strike.

Sen. Chris Ngige, Minister of Labour and Employment, said this after a reconciliatory meeting with ASUU in Abuja.

Ngige said the meeting was fruitful as an agreement had been reached between the Federal Government and the striking university lecturers.

According to him, the Federal Government has released N15.4 billion for the payment of the salary shortfalls, which was one of the major demands of the union.

“On the issue of salaries in tertiary institutions, especially in universities, the Ministry of Finance and the Office of the Accountant- General provided evidence that as at December 31, 2018 the Federal Government had remitted N15.4 billon.

“Also on the issue of Earned Allowances in the universities system, they also showed us evidence that Mr President has approved the N20 billion to be used to offset the outstanding arrears of the 2009 and 2012, audit verified earnings, in the university system.

“This money is being worked on, and will be released to ASUU as soon as the process is completed.

“ASUU has fulfilled its own side of the bargain in terms of NUPECO, which is the Pension Fund Administration company that ASUU has floated to take care of pension for people in the university system.

“The Pension regulator, the PENCOM, has asked certain positions to be fulfilled and they gave ASUU a temporary license, which has expired.

“ASUU has submitted all the documents and fulfilled all conditions needed to get their license,” he said.

Ngige noted that the meeting had resolved to mandate the Ministry of Education to get in touch with PENCOM to make sure that the permanent licence is issued to ASUU as soon as possible.

The minister also said on the issue of university revitalisation, the President Goodluck Administration entered into an agreement with the ASUU for revitalisation of 20 universities annually for the next 6 years.

“This is starting from 2009, this Government will look for resources for the funding.

“We have also offered ASUU some token to show good faith and that amount is known to them. Issue of visitation panel is also taken care of.

“These were major issues discussed and ASUU is supposed to take back the resolution of these meetings to their members, while we expect that they will get back to us by Thursday, ” he said.

Also, Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi, ASUU National President, said the National Executive Committee of the union will review its decisions based on the new commitment by the Federal Government.

He said the strike could only be called off or not after the NEC meeting. He did not say when the meeting will hold.

The lecturers have been on strike since November 4 to demand improved funding of universities and implementation of previous agreements with the government

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/08/ASUU-reach-agreement-strike-ends-soon-fg/

Politics / Buratai In Battlefield As Military Launches Offensive Against ISWAP, Boko Haram by 10Ebisco: 8:02am On Jan 08, 2019
The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt. General Yusuf Buratai, was at the battlefield to provide direction and boost the morale of fighting soldiers as the military launched a grand air and ground offensive against terrorists in Borno State Monday.

The 120 Battalion of the newly formed Nigerian Army Special Forces Command neutralised 100 terrorists in different battlegrounds on day one of the offensive.

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) is involved in waves of bombardments, destroying in the process several terrorist gun trucks and facilities.

The battlegrounds are concentrated on Goniri, Yobe State, Damasak, Kross Kauwa and Monguno among other locations in Borno State.

“The gallant troops have also been repelling attempted efforts by the terrorists to infiltrate their locations.

“Buoyed by the Chief of Army Staff’s presence and motivation, the troops in the frontline are in renewed positive fighting spirit across the theatre to stop incursions and annihilate the terrorists.

“The battle has now further shifted to the fringes of Lake Chad and other suspected Boko Haram terrorists enclave along the borders,” Army Spokesman, Brigadier-General Sani Usman, said.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/08/buratai-battlefield-military-launches-offensive-iswap-boko-haram/

6 Likes 1 Share

Education / Rwandan Ambassador’s Son Wins Nature Photography Contest At AUN by 10Ebisco: 10:05pm On Jan 07, 2019
A final-year student of Communications and Multimedia Design (CMD) at the American University of Nigeria (AUN), Mr. Yvan Kamanzi, has emerged as the winner of the just-concluded Birds of AUN competition. Yvan is the son of the Rwandan High Commissioner to Nigeria, H.E. Mr. Satnislas Kamanzi. Software Engineering major, Chukwuma Stephen, emerged second-place winner while Assistant Professor of English Mohammed Tristan Purvis, won third place.

An AUN statement made available to News Express on Monday said that the university’s President, Dr. Dawn Dekle, who initiated the ‘Birds of AUN Competition’, announced the winners early December, at the lobby of the Dr. Robert Pastor e-library building. Global conservation watchdog National Geographic had designated 2018 as the Year of the Bird, “bringing attention to the threats birds face and reigniting conservation efforts.”

Dr. Dekle had introduced the contest in January after she noticed the many beautiful birds on the campus.

President Dekle, who is leading the university through a strategic sustainability agenda, had challenged students, faculty and staff to watch and photograph “the magnificent birds that inhabit our campus”, and share their observation.

Mentioned in Mr. Kamanzi’s winning entry was the blue-headed Coucal (Centropus monachus), a bird, he said: “chooses to remain aloof”.

“Like all coucals, the blue-headed has very long claws that allow it to feed on tiny insects and amphibians. Their voices are deep with resonant “coo” phrases. They sit upright as they perch and sing on top of trees and branches. They are interesting to watch and do interesting things. The blue-headed Coucal can be found lurking around treetops behind Dorm EE's open fields and the AUN huts behind the School of Law.”

The winners received N90,000 in cash prizes plus certificates.

Six semi-finalists were recognised, and each received a certificate of participation. They include Cyril Oni, Ifeatu Uzodinma, Jessica Gwadi, Terdoo Orje-Ishegh, Chiedozie Joseph, and Ruth Unde.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/07/rwandan-ambassadors-son-wins-nature-photography-contest-aun/

Politics / Reported Militants Attack On Bayelsa Pipeline Is Fake News: Military And Communi by 10Ebisco: 7:13am On Jan 07, 2019
Military and community sources in Bayelsa on Sunday described reports of militants attack on oil pipeline operated by Conoil in Koluama 1, in Southern Ijaw LGA, Bayelsa as ‘fake news’.

Some online media and the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) had reported that a militant group had blown up a pipeline within Conoil’s oilfield near the Atlantic coastline in Koluama 1 settlement.

Several sources in Koluama 1 community contacted by telephone on Sunday said that they were not aware of the incident and denied hearing the noise of the explosion claimed in the report.

James Dou, a resident in the area said that the area had been peaceful since the new year with frequent patrols by the joint military force in Koluama area dominating the waterways.

“I am in Koluama 1 as we speak and there is no report of any attack on Conoil or any oil facility nearby, I did not hear any explosion noise neither did I hear anyone discuss it,” Dou said.

Mr Mathew Sele-Epri, a community leader in Koluama 1 and Chairman, KEFFES Rural Development Board, said the report is false.

“There was no such incident, like that, if it happened I should have known, I have made contact with my people back home and there is nothing, it is fake news,” the community leader said.

Major Ibrahim Abdullahi, Spokesman of the Joint Task Force deployed to protect oil facilities in the Niger Delta, described the report as a hoax and the handiwork of mischief makers to misinform the public.

He said that the outfit had conducted checks to verify the claim of attack by a militant group and found no substance in it.

“After exhaustive verifications following enquiries from media practitioners, we found out that no such incident happened, we enjoin the media to crosscheck their facts before rushing to the press to avoid publishing falsehood like this,” Ibrahim said

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/07/reported-militants-attack-bayelsa-pipeline-fake-news-military-community-sources/

Politics / Amina Zakari: The Reason PDP Diverting APC – Senator Ndoma-egba by 10Ebisco: 4:47pm On Jan 06, 2019
Previous Senate Leader and Chairman of Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), Senator Victor Ndoma-Egba SAN, hosts said that People Democratic Get-together, PDP's cry over the arrangement of Mrs Amina Zakari as Head of Presidential Electoral Collation Center was a scam.

Tending to a world public interview on Saturday night, Senator Ndoma-Egba, who is the APC Candidate for Central Senatorial District of Cross River, said the purposeful publicity by PDP was a diversion to APC.

"The Electoral Act is sure about the job of INEC, the commission they are discussing isn't conceive by the discretionary demonstration. It is only an adhoc plan to encourage crafted by the returning officer for the presidential decision," he said.

Ndoma-Egba uncovered that the explanation behind his re-challenging for the position was because of the way that more than 37 charges he supported are there natural.

"There is no system for the progression in the Senate, the minute you leaves, every little thing about you and the senate is no more. Other than the opportunity of data charge that turned into an Act of the National Assembly, my other 37 bills are still there natural.

"In the council, there is no giving over notes, if an assembly misfortunes his races, he moves away, there is no time for him to even interface with your successor and that is the reason it is exhorted that lawmaking body be return as regularly as would be prudent."

On the 2019 race, he stated, "There has been high traffic of individuals from PDP to APC, simply keep an eye out, in the following couple of weeks to come, you would see huge names leaving PDP to APC, and the traffic would have been both ways however it going to be more from PDP to APC."

Ndoma-Egba said that 2019 decisions will be unique and APC was tuning her procedure to accomodate the unconventional idea of the race. "We are keeping our key to our chest in light of the fact that different gatherings are calculating to win the state," he said.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/06/amina-zakari-reason-pdp-diverting-apc-senator-ndoma-egba/

1 Like

European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mikel Obi Quits Chinese Club, Tianjin Teda by 10Ebisco: 8:55pm On Jan 05, 2019
Mikel Obi has cancelled his contract with Chinese club, Tianjin Teda, a year before the agreement between club and player was due to run out.

The Super Eagles captain is seeking a return to Europe for family reasons.

In an interview with Tianjin TV Sports New Vision program, Mikel said:

“I broke the contract with the club, which means I will leave Teda. As for my next stop, I am not sure yet, maybe I will return to Europe, maybe stay in China. Anyway, I would like to wish the TEDA team good luck next season.”

Mikel performed well for Tianjin Teda in the first half of the 2018 season but struggled with injuries in the second half after representing Nigeria at the World Cup in Russia.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/05/mikel-obi-quits-chinese-club-tianjin-teda/

Politics / Our Nationwide Strike Not To Sabotage Government – ASUP by 10Ebisco: 11:53am On Jan 05, 2019
According to current update trending now, the Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics (ASUP) has said that it’s nationwide strike which it embarked upon since December 12, 2018, was not targeted at sabotaging the government, and has nothing to do with the 2019 elections, but a struggle to get government live to it’s responsibility of resolving all it’s demands since 2017 that have clogged the progress of the Polytechnic sector.

It is recorded while addressing a press conference on Jos, Plateau State, Zone B Coordinator of the union, Comrade Abdullahi Yalwa, said the union has done its best to get the attention of government to meet these demands met, some of which are not financial, but all the efforts have been treated with disdain.

According to report, he said the union had also written series of memoranda and had consultative meetings with the government, but all to no avail, thereby subsequently leading to the strike action.

He reiterated their specific reasons for the strike to include; non-approval and non-implementation of the NEED ASSESSMENT report of N800bn, shortfalls in personnel cost releases and withdrawal of allowances, unhealthy conditions of state-owned institutions, and non-release of CONTISS 15 migration arrears.

Others, according to Yalwa, are delay in assenting to the amendment of the Polytechnic acts, infractions in the appointment of Rectors and continued victimisation of union officials.

ASUP said, “It is unfortunate that we had to resort to this last and only option and I assure the general public that we will remain resolute in the pursuance of these demands, so that we can salvage the sector from further deterioration. It is our hope that government will resolve this impasse as soon as possible and save this sector from total collapse. As we progress on this strike action, we assure all our members that we will continue to protect their rights.”

Yalwa also lamented that a major problems facing the Polytechnics is the composition of the governing council where politicians and government appointees, who are not necessarily educated, are appointed into governing council by government to compensate them for their support, adding that these members can hire and fire at will and also recommend persons to be appointed/selected as Rectors.

On the appointment of the Rectors, he decried imposition of University Professors to head Polytechnics rather that Appointing from the Chief Lecturers in the Polytechnics with requisite qualifications.

He reiterated that, “Appointing University Professors rather than Chief Lecturers (in the Polytechnics) as Polytechnic Rectors is another practice that has seriously hindered the general growth of the institutions. This is because the Professors who aren’t conversant with the running of the Polytechnics will only come, serve their tenures and then return to their universities without any future interest in what happens to the Polytechnics thereafter. So how will such a person who have no future stake after his service be committed to the development of such Polytechnics?

“Besides, the template for the appointment of Rectors is clear, and it states that it should be a Chief Lecturer serving in the Polytechnic with at least five years experience. And a Chief Lecturer is only obtainable in the Polytechnic system. The irony of it is that while a university Professor can be handpicked and made a Rector in the Polytechnic, a Chief Lecturer from a polytechnic cannot be appointed as even Deputy Vice Chancellors or even Dean of Student Affairs in the University.

“So, if anyone wants to be in the university, let him be there, if it is the Polytechnic he wants, then let him come and take our appointment as A Chief Lecturer, then after five years vie for selection as the Rector.”

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/05/nationwide-strike-not-sabotage-government-asup/

European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mourinho’s Next Job Revealed by 10Ebisco: 3:52am On Jan 05, 2019
Jose Mourinho could be set for a quick return to management, with Benfica reported to be considering his appointment.

Despite back-to-back titles in 2016 and 2017, Benfica fired manager Rui Vitoria on Thursday, after a poor run of results which sees them sit seven points behind leaders Porto in fourth spot.

According to The Times, Benfica are considering re-hiring Mourinho for the remainder of the season, to fill Vitoria’s void and help steady the ship in the second half of the 2018/2019 campaign.

Benfica was the first club that Mourinho managed, taking the helm at the Águias between September and December in 2000.

He won six of his 11 games while in charge, drawing three and losing two.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/05/mourinhos-next-job-revealed/

Politics / Lagos Guber: Agbaje Reveals What Ambode Did To 21 Permanent Secretaries by 10Ebisco: 9:32am On Jan 04, 2019
The governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Lagos State, Mr. Jimi Agbaje, has revealed how the state Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, allegedly retired 21 permanent secretaries forcefully to pave way for Hakeem Muri-Okunola as the new Head of Service in the state.

The Governor had on Monday, sworn in Muri-Okunola as the 21st HoS in the state.

He replaced Mrs. Folashade Adesoye who retired in December 2018.

A 46-year-old Muri-Okunola is said to be the youngest ever HoS in the history of the state.

The PDP guber candidate spoke in a statement by his campaign organisation’s Directorate of Media and Publicity, on Thursday.

Faulting the appointment, he described it as “insensitive, unjust and disruptive of the civil service hierarchy.”

“Indications are that, to pave way for the assisted meteoric rise of the new HoS, the Lagos State Government had, between January and November 2018, forcefully retired no fewer than 21 permanent secretaries considered as superiors and more experienced to the new man.

“There is a sense of shock and injustice in all this. It is bound to create bad blood and injustice within the system.

“These are seasoned personnel capable of fitting perfectly and effectively in that office. But in this era of impunity, they have been offloaded.

“The new HoS is a part of the oligarchy controlling and monopolising all the levers of power in the state.

“Muri-Okunola lacks broad-based exposure. Whoever becomes HoS is usually a civil servant with widespread exposure, as he must be abreast of all issues related to the bureaucracy and governance.

“But all these rules and traditions have been bent for this appointment,” he said.

According to Agbaje, the appointment “portends ‘grave danger’ to the state’s bureaucracy, established on the foundations of merit-nurtured progression through the career ladder.

“It is befuddling to imagine how officers, who are 15 years older than the new HoS, will take orders and directives from him.

“From all indications, this might be too far-fetched and difficult and it has a way of impacting negatively on governance, taking into cognizance that the civil service is the engine room of not just government but of the society also.”

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/04/lagos-guber-agbaje-reveals-ambode-21-permanent-secretaries/

Politics / Amina Zakari: INEC Putting Nigeria’s Democracy Under Threat – Ohanaeze President by 10Ebisco: 11:01pm On Jan 03, 2019
President General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Worldwide, Chief John Nnia Nwodo, Thursday condemned in strong terms the appointment of Amina Zakaria as the Chairperson of Presidential Election Collation Centre by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

The Igbo leader called on Mrs. Zakari to resign from the commission because of her blood relation to President Muhammadu Buhari.

Nwodo told Nigerians to hold the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and the Federal Government responsible should anything happen to the nation’s democracy.

He spoke while reacting to INEC’s appointment of Mrs. Zakari as head of presidential election collation committee.

Nwodo said it was bad enough that Mrs. Zakari was allowed to continue to serve in INEC and worse by INEC appointing her in the new position.

“It’s like Rangers VS Kano Pillars and Kano Pillars is allowed to nominate a referee. It’s impossible for justice to be done. In a civilized clime Amina Zakari should have resigned,” he maintained.

“I expected the APC government having come to power through a free and fair election conducted by another president, they should not destroy the history.

“I call on Amina Zakari to honourably resign.

“Whatever happens to our democracy tomorrow, they (INEC and Federal Government) should hold themselves responsible.

“With continued membership of Mrs. Zakari in the commission, the corporate personality of INEC is seriously whittled down; making her head of collation committee is worse than anything anybody can imagine,” he said.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/03/amina-zakari-inec-putting-nigerias-democracy-threat-ohanaeze-president-nwodo/

31 Likes 5 Shares

Politics / Akwa Ibom Government Floats Airline, Secures Three Aircraft For Kickoff by 10Ebisco: 10:27pm On Jan 03, 2019
The Akwa Ibom State government has announced that it has acquired about three aircrafts to kick-start the operations of the newly established Ibom Airline Company.

The Commissioner for Special Duties and Aviation Development, Mr. Akan Okon disclosed this on Thursday at his Ewet Housing Residence, Uyo, during a Newyear hangout with journalists.

Okon also revealed that recruitments into various positions in the company has been concluded, adding that government engaged professionals, who would run the airline with best international practices.

He said the airline, which was designed to be a Limited Liability Company, would provide over 400 direct and indirect jobs to the unemployed Akwa Ibom Youths.

His words, “Ibom Air has come to stay. I am happy to tell you that we have completed recruitment with good number of Akwa Ibom children being recruited. The Chief Pilot is from Akwa Ibom.

“Three aircrafts are secured and are ready for commencement of operation. It is completely owned and operated by Akwa Ibom State Government and it will provide 400 direct and indirect jobs.”

He said members of staff of the new airline, recruited strictly on merit, are currently undergoing training in their various areas of specialties, getting set to kick-start operations as soon as required formalities were concluded.

The Commissioner commended the contributions of the Director, Air Wordiness standards of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority NCAA, Engr Ita Awak in ensuring smooth operations in the airport and the realisation of the project.

He said that even though Awak is a stauch APC member, he still worked with the state government to ensure that what would be beneficial to Akwa Ibom people was achieved.

According to him, “Engr Awak, a son of the soil, has demonstrated true strength of character in engaging relevant authorities to make sure that the Airport gains adequate improvement that will help attract global attention.

“For the Maintenance, Repairs and Overhaul (MRO) section, the Governor is equally passionate about it. This is where I must commend the Director, Air Wordiness Standards of the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), Engr Ita Awak who has shown deep support to the development of the airport. I want to thank him very specially and all those that are working at the NCAA for supporting the changes at the Airport.”

He also attributed the state government’s success in this direction to Governor Udom Emmanuel, whom he said had consistently made what may appear impossible to others, a possibility in the state.

The Commissioner maintained that the heavy traffic in Akwa Ibom airport motivated the state government to join the few airlines operating in the country, adding that Ibom Airline will at the moment operate within Uyo-Lagos- Abuja routes.

Though expressing disappointment that the Victor Attah International Airport was at the moment the only one in the country, solely managed by the state government, he said that the present administration was devotedly working to improve the standard of the airport with the ongoing second runway, new taxiway, a power sub-station, new commercial building and other unique features.

Such improvements, he said, made it possible for the landing of over 20 aircrafts in the President’s entourage during the flag off of the APC presidential campaigns in Akwa Ibom for the South south region.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/03/akwa-ibom-government-floats-airline-secures-three-aircraft-kickoff/

Politics / Why Interpol, DSS, EFCC Should Probe Buhari’s Family Members – PDP by 10Ebisco: 6:59pm On Jan 02, 2019
Director of Media and Publicity of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Presidential Campaign Organization, Kola Ologbondiyan, has called for an investigation into the alleged link between “diverted military funds and the N1.032 trillion said to have been used by President Muhammadu Buhari’s family members for corrupt acquisition in 9 Mobile Nigeria and Keystone Bank PLC”.

In a statement on Wednesday, the campaign also called for an independent and system-wide investigation by the INTERPOL, Directorate of State Services (DSS), and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Ologbondiyan said: “We make this demand in view of public insinuations that the money may have been sourced from funds meant for the purchase of weapons for our soldiers.

“More so, the Buhari Presidency has blatantly refused to respond to allegations that military fund is being used to finance President Buhari’s re-election campaign which even manifested in the use of military resources to produce APC’s campaign materials, including an electronic momento book by the Minister of Defence, Mansur Muhammad Dan-Ali.

“The PPCO is deeply worried by the disturbing videos of our gallant soldiers languishing and being killed by insurgents due to neglect and failure of the Buhari administration to adequately equip them in the fronts.

“The PPCO is also unhappy by similar videos, showing our soldiers protesting and threatening to retreat from the fronts, while grumbling against their neglect by the Buhari administration.

“This should not be the way to go for our nation. Our soldiers are brave and have continued to show the highest form of professionalism and unmatched patriotism in risking and laying down their lives in defence of fatherland. Therefore, any action by anybody that is capable of reducing their morale in the fronts must never be allowed.

“The PPCO invites Nigerians to continue to be at alert and give all support to our fighting troops as the fight against terrorism in our land must continue to be a collective effort. We therefore insist on this inquest and urge Nigerians to give their support in this regard.”

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/02/interpol-dss-efcc-probe-buharis-family-members-pdp/

Politics / 2019 Election: Bishop Onaiyekan Tells Nigerians Leaders To Elect by 10Ebisco: 6:24am On Jan 02, 2019
The Catholic Archbishop of Abuja, John Cardinal Onaiyekan has advised Nigerians to elect leaders that will carry everybody along to make the country a better place in the next month’s election.

The cleric also advised the Federal Government to ensure proper use of security agents during the election.

Onaiyakan spoke in Abuja on Tuesday during his New Year mass at SS Peter and Paul Catholic Church, Nyanya.

He said Nigerians should pray for President Muhammadu Buhari’s promise of free and fair election to come true.

The cleric said, “It is the government that is responsible for free and fair election in any country, the government has all the necessary things to make it free and fair.

“The use of security agents should be handled properly to ensure that voters are not intimidated during election.”

He prayed that Nigerians would elect good leaders who would address the issues of corruption, unemployment and poor infrastructure.

“Nigeria need leaders that will carry everybody along to make the country a better place,” he said.

He noted that other African countries have moved ahead leaving the giant “Nigeria” behind.

The Cardinal said that “most countries suffer from national disaster while Nigeria is faced with human disasters” urging Nigerians to serve God more than ever before.

“We should do all we can to realise that we are all children of the same God irrespective of our difference in religion, language or ethnic background,” he said.

Commenting on the Pope’s new year message, he said that it should be practice in Nigeria during the election.

“Political office and political responsibility thus constantly challenge those called to the service of their country to make every effort to protect those who live there and to create the conditions for a worthy and just future.

“If exercised with basic respect for the life, freedom and dignity of persons, political life can indeed become an outstanding form of charity,” he quoted the Pope.

He further admonished politicians not to practice “do or die” politics.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/02/2019-election-bishop-onaiyekan-tells-nigerians-leaders-elect/

Politics / New Year Prophecy: Prophet Amaukwu Predicts Winner Of 2019 Election by 10Ebisco: 9:37am On Jan 01, 2019
The founder and general overseer of the Excellent Christian Ministry International, Prophet Ugochukwu Tochukwu Amaukwu, has released his 2019 Prophecies concerning Nigeria.

In the prophecies he forwarded to DAILY POST on Monday night, Apostle Dr. Amaukwu predicted that the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, will head to court after the Presidential election.

He said the main opposition party will lose the election to the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, and that the Nigerian movie industry will lose some of its stars to death.

In his ten prophecies about Nigeria, the cleric said, “Political Saboteurs will be exposed.

“Pray against the return of sharia law.
“Political tension that will force retired militants back to base.
“Genocide on the increase.
“A preaching general will take a bow.

“A political giant will take a bow.
“Nollywood will mourn a few members.
“More banks to merge.
“Tanker explosions, fire outbreaks – Port Harcourt, Delta, Lagos, Ibadan.

“PDP disagree over presidential results- goes to court as ruling party retains power by all means.”

http://mcebiscoo.com/2019/01/01/new-year-prophecy-prophet-amaukwu-predicts-winner-2019-election/

Celebrities / New Year: Cossy Orjiakor Reveals Her Goals For 2019 by 10Ebisco: 2:16pm On Dec 31, 2018
Popular Nollywood actress, Cossy Orjiakor has revealed that her goal for 2019 is to be a housewife or baby mama with little workload and lots of shopping.

She made this known on Sunday in a post on her Instagram handle.

Orjiakor, who disclosed that she did not accomplish all she had set to achieve in the outgoing year 2018, said she was depressed this year and looked stressed in all her movies and even musical videos.

She wrote: “This year 2018… I did not achieve all I marked out for myself. Then depression sets in. I am depressed for minor things like not meeting up with the number of movies I set to produce each year.

“Come to think of it I look terrible in my own movies cause I look stressed when producing and relating with people.

“Then the music thing. I look stressed in my music video too hopefully Avalon Okpe will do the magic. I look stressed each time I use my brain.

“So Next year 2019 God’s willing I just want to be eve; a woman with simple workload. I just want to be a housewife or house babymama with simple job like shopping, having sex, then massaging someone and getting massaged with oil every night. #2019goals.”

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/12/31/new-year-cossy-orjiakor-reveals-goals-2019/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 18 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.