Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,954 members, 7,852,218 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:06 PM

<<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> - Literature (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> (75938 Views)

<<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by princesa(f): 11:34pm On Mar 26, 2013
brokoto:
yes! In summary, the story says little girls should be in bed by 10pm sharp. Oya!

i guess its not interesting after all grin
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 27, 2013
princesa:

i guess its not interesting after all grin
is this a question or a statement?
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by princesa(f): 9:57am On Mar 27, 2013
brokoto: is this a question or a statement?
what happened to ur sense of humour
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 27, 2013
princesa:
what happened to ur sense of humour
the dog ate it last night. cry
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by princesa(f): 11:55am On Mar 27, 2013
brokoto:
the dog ate it last night. cry
oh, poor you, lovely d.o.g.g.y grin
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 1:34am On Mar 30, 2013
The elder heard the voice and he could not make out the source, in the tiny fraction of time it took him to look to the direction of thesound, his eyes caught those of his members and he saw a glow in them reflecting back light from behind him. They all had the same expression on their faces and that was fear mixed with an equal amount of shock. They stood eyes fixed behind the elder as though they were stone statues and they lacked the ability to move any part of their bodies. They were stunned beyond words and not even their eyelids moved.

The room suddenly got quiet and the only sound that could be heard was that of breathing by the men in the room. The walls themselves seemed to reverberate the words that came from behind him making it sound like the words were spoken over and over again. The light from the flames around him gave the room a certain red light that made itlook unearthly even though there was another source of light around. The other source could not be seen but it was there likesome strange unearthly light it, reflected on their faces and their eyes showed it.

The air in the room was also different from normal as it smelt fresher than usual. The air usually carried the smell of stale air and bloodfrom their usual sacrifice but now, it was fresh and without any smell at all. It was as though the roof was lifted and new air was allowed to come into the room.

The elder finally turned around as his eyes met Ifaferanmi’s eyes squarely but he did not see the oracle in the centre of the circle where he left him, in place of him was the body of the oracle but every other thing was different. His face glowed with a strange white light and his eyes were red as the flames around him. he was not sitting anymore but standing and from his head, hair seemed to have grown and they were blowing outwards. His body was replaced with that of a woman who was clothed in loosely fitted robes with blew as though the wind was blowing against her. It was obvious that the oracle was no longer with them in that room and someone else had used his body.

The elder stepped back involuntarily and afterstaring for some time, he realized that someone has to say something and he said;

“Who are you and what message do you have to share with us?”

As he said those words, he felt his own bravery dim a little as astring of fear was building in him and the man who the cult looked up to felt a very coldfear crawl up his spine.

The person in Ifaferanmi’s body looked towards the elder and said;

“Why do you draw back old man? You will come to find out that I am not your friend and neither am I your enemy but I am here toanswer your questions. But make no mistakes; my anger is swift and dangerous so it might be in your favor that you kept your tongues and thoughts in check”

The elder had a million questions to ask but he could not think of any as he was amazed by the very presence of what he was looking at. He was not new to spirits taking the bodies of humans but this was different.

For almost a minute, no one said anything then the voice spoke up again;

“I will assume that your question about who I am still stands so here it is, I am a old spirit of this village. In my human days, I and my husband were the first settlers in this land you now called home. We tilled the grounds with our five children and lived with peace among the neighbors who although were faraway, we never hesitated to visit when we could spare the time. We grew what we couldand when I was old and passed on with my husband, the land and everything in it went to our children who did the same. They took wives among the neighbors and all was well until your ancestors showed up on out land one day with their warriors claiming that their king wants to bring this place under his kingdom. Every other person surrendered their lands to him but my sons would not. They argued that they could not abandon their parent’s legacy to become slaves of another man and they also said they would not pay tax. Because of that, my sons, wife and grandchildren were killed. They were killed for the greed of another man but my last born survived. He was a believer of the dark ways and used his powers to kill some of the king’s men but he was subdued and eventually caught. The king’s men tried a much as they could to kill him but his magic was beyond them and so they buried him alive inside those rocks you so willingly opened today. He was buried out of fear and they knew he would not dies so they bounded the rocks together with magical bonds to keep him within and because the bonds could not be broken from the inside, he remained within it but now he is free. Free to roam this earth and take revenge on the killers of his siblings and family”

1 Like

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 1:36am On Mar 30, 2013
The elder found his voice minutes after she spoke and said;

“But that was centuries ago, true we are their descendants but that has passed and we want to embrace peace with everyone around us. We are not known to fight and wewould like to make amends for their sins. Youare a mother, don’t you think it is wicked to make other people pay for the mistakes of their fathers

”The woman’s face broke into a smile as she said;

“You want peace? Then you would have to go face my son Akanni and ask him for peace.After centuries in those rocks, his powers have grown godlike and he would kill you faster than accept peace. I have done what I came here to do which is to tell you of your impending doom and now”

She vanished, the fire stopped burning and allthat was left of the circle was ifaferanmi who walked towards them and out of the circle. As ifaferanmi walked towards the group, he felt weaker and just as he got in front of the elder, he fell to the ground. the elder bent down to see if he was alive and then he became aware of the presence of something else in the room. he looked up and saw that he and his brethren were surrounded by more spirit creatures than he has seen in his entire life

3 Likes

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by dubem3(m): 2:53pm On Mar 30, 2013
this is an entirely new twist.
mynd if say you be woman,
i for introduce my own new dimension
but wahala no dey.
this is a really tight job ur doing
well done.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 2:55pm On Mar 30, 2013
dubem3: this is an entirely new twist.
mynd if say you be woman,
i for introduce my own new dimension
but wahala no dey.
this is a really tight job ur doing
well done.
New dimension ke? Explain ooo
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by dubem3(m): 3:00pm On Mar 30, 2013
Mynd_44:
New dimension ke? Explain ooo
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by fiolaP(f): 3:44pm On Mar 30, 2013
u take ur time to update but u dnt disappoint whenever u do
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 4:05pm On Mar 30, 2013
Chei, more spirits to join in the fight against Akanni.
Mynd you can't stop here!!
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 30, 2013
Nice. The prelude to this all out war na die!
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 4:44pm On Mar 30, 2013
fiolaP: u take ur time to update but u dnt disappoint whenever u do
Hello....Are you cute? If yes come to my right. If not join the other guys on the left
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 4:45pm On Mar 30, 2013
ijebabe: Chei, more spirits to join in the fight against Akanni.
Mynd you can't stop here!!
Akanni is one bad modaeffer with an atitude na.
gringringrin

1 Like

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 4:46pm On Mar 30, 2013
brokoto: Nice. The prelude to this all out war na die!
Do you realise that you have not paid for this movie?
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 30, 2013
Mynd_44:
Do you realise that you have not paid for this movie?
undecided u don pay for am too?
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by luvmijeje(f): 6:55pm On Mar 30, 2013
Oga o.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 30, 2013
That creature reminded me of death eaters in Harry Potter.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 9:34am On Mar 31, 2013
Mynd_44:
Hello....Are you cute? If yes come to my right. If not join the other guys on the left
Stop objectifying the ladies here.
That's unless the ladies like it, then carry on tongue
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 9:35am On Mar 31, 2013
Mynd_44:
Akanni is one bad modaeffer with an atitude na.
gringringrin
How bad could he possibly be to take on all these spirits? Akanni reminds me Voldemort
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 9:37am On Mar 31, 2013
ijebabe:
Stop objectifying the ladies here.
That's unless the ladies like it, then carry on tongue
Don't make me hide your post ooo. You are spoiling me swag
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 9:38am On Mar 31, 2013
ijebabe:
How bad could he possibly be to take on all these spirits? Akanni reminds me Voldemort
Let's see
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by corrall(f): 6:34pm On Mar 31, 2013
Mynd_44:
Let's see

We are waiting to see na...since morning...ah ah...u don de do shakara o.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 6:35pm On Mar 31, 2013
corrall:

Are you cute?
grin
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 6:41pm On Mar 31, 2013
ijebabe:
Are you cute?
grin
Hey that's my line
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 6:41pm On Mar 31, 2013
corrall:

On a scale of 1-10, how cute are you?
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Ice4jez(m): 6:55pm On Mar 31, 2013
mynd if i know say na woman he go take for u to finish dem ur tory since i for don arrange five e-chics for u now ;Dmynd if i know say na woman he go take for u to finish dem ur tory since i for don arrange five e-chics for u now
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 7:14pm On Mar 31, 2013
Ice4jez: mynd if i know say na woman he go take for u to finish dem ur tory since i for don arrange five e-chics for u now ;Dmynd if i know say na woman he go take for u to finish dem ur tory since i for don arrange five e-chics for u now
Better guy. Oya arrange them sharp sharp
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by fiolaP(f): 7:18pm On Mar 31, 2013
hope the fact that am cute means u will update regularly cause am feelg ur vibe
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 7:28pm On Mar 31, 2013
fiolaP: hope the fact that am cute means u will update regularly cause am feelg ur vibe
I will have to be sure. Send your pics to me
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by dubem3(m): 1:05pm On Apr 01, 2013
*clears throat...getting ready my back hand smash if he still can't focus in a few minutes*

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (29) (Reply)

Magic Doctor: CEO Lady's Humble Husband [A Story] / Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him / Mending Fences (romance)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.