Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,531 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

<<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> - Literature (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> (75807 Views)

<<<Tri-paternal Son: Serpentia>>> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Tochex101(m): 11:50pm On Apr 08, 2013
Beautiful peace,I enjoyed it from the first page.I duff my hat for u "oga mynd".Just pity us update abeg grin
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 11:53pm On Apr 08, 2013
Tochex101: Beautiful peace,I enjoyed it from the first page.I duff my hat for u "oga mynd".Just pity us update abeg grin
Go to bed abeg
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 11:55pm On Apr 08, 2013
grin
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by AgboOG: 2:09pm On Apr 09, 2013
Are we at the end of this story? Please say... so i can comment. I don't want my criticism here now; but i'll like to advice you to bind this together as a book, after it's been completed and edited -i think there're people (a lot of readers), who would love to read a piece like this; but seriously: the work needs a lot of typographical and syntactical re-arrangement.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by AgboOG: 2:22pm On Apr 09, 2013
You've done a nice job; but a lot needed to be done. Perhaps i should wait and see the end first.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by firestar(f): 4:39pm On Apr 09, 2013
I wonder if this piece be graphic novel material...?
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 6:00am On Apr 10, 2013
Agbo O, G:
Are we at the end of this story? Please say... so i can comment. I don't want my criticism here now; but i'll like to advice you to bind this together as a book, after it's been completed and edited -i think there're people (a lot of readers), who would love to read a piece like this; but seriously: the work needs a lot of typographical and syntactical re-arrangement.
Erm.........
**grabs a dictionary**
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 6:01am On Apr 10, 2013
firestar: I wonder if this piece be graphic novel material...?
Do you want it like that? Cos you know for you, I will do that
cheesycheesycheesy
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by firestar(f): 7:29am On Apr 10, 2013
I'm making an observation. You've succeeded in lifting this from the text to almost 'tangible'. Although, there are some loose ends, spin-offs and plot-holes to consider. Leaving blanks to the imagination creates angst, suspense- whatever genre you go for.

I recommend it for a wider audience. (Universal)
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 7:34am On Apr 10, 2013
Just kiss me biko
cheesycheesycheesy
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by firestar(f): 7:46am On Apr 10, 2013
(What the...?)

Are you still 'there'? I suspect those outcrops are your muse.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 7:52am On Apr 10, 2013
firestar: (What the...?)

Are you still 'there'? I suspect those outcrops are your muse.
Yes ma'am....I am still 'there'
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by firestar(f): 7:58am On Apr 10, 2013
Heh, what a shame. I'm leaving 'there' soon. Wish me journey mercies!
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 8:06am On Apr 10, 2013
firestar: Heh, what a shame. I'm leaving 'there' soon. Wish me journey mercies!
Have a safe trip Aurora.....there will be other times
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by AgboOG: 9:10am On Apr 10, 2013
[quote author=Mynd_44]
Erm.........
**grabs a dictionary***

what was not clear to my brother -mynd
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Jumizie13(f): 9:30am On Apr 11, 2013
Ave been commenting my reserve since, u better update nw b4 Mr THUNDERER visit u.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 9:39am On Apr 11, 2013
Jumizie13: Ave been commenting my reserve since, u better update nw b4 Mr THUNDERER visit u.
I am so scared
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by ijebabe: 10:43am On Apr 11, 2013
Mynd,I know ur busy but you need to upload something today. Just one episode at least. Please smiley
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by jslimz(f): 1:10pm On Apr 11, 2013
Mynd please.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Jumizie13(f): 7:51am On Apr 12, 2013
I will tell my mummy for you *sobs* mynd pls nw
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by corrall(f): 2:14pm On Apr 17, 2013
Mynd how far? the story don end?
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by firestar(f): 5:31pm On Apr 17, 2013
Mynd_44:
Have a safe trip Aurora.....there will be other times
Merçi mon frere.

Aurora? Now why is that disturbingly familiar?

(and I miss Cuddles)
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 8:10pm On Apr 17, 2013
firestar:
Merçi mon frere.

Aurora? Now why is that disturbingly familiar?

(and I miss Cuddles)
That is a greek word babe....and also the name of The character "storm" in X-men..... And to me you are my Aurora. Translate it to english and viola
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 17, 2013
Oga wey update na
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by corrall(f): 9:19am On Apr 18, 2013
(
brokoto: Oga wey update na

I trip o...

ah ah...e don too long na...angry
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by firestar(f): 11:32am On Apr 18, 2013
Mynd_44:
That is a greek word babe....and also the name of The character "storm" in X-men..... And to me you are my Aurora. Translate it to english and viola
Aurora ne pas l'appelle de Storm ... C'est Ororo Munroe.
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 3:39pm On Apr 18, 2013
Aurora signifie l'aube .... Grecque
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by corrall(f): 8:39pm On Apr 20, 2013
Mynd_44: Aurora signifie l'aube .... Grecque

Bros leave Greek and Spanish mbok, complete the story. angry
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 7:47pm On Apr 27, 2013
I think it is time I finished this story
Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Mynd44: 8:20pm On Apr 27, 2013
The evening grew into night and Ojoade cried and wailed into the otherwise silent night. His cries were taken by the cool wind into the hills and and beyond in the distance and within the clouds above his head. Thunder rumbled.

No other creature made a sound, probably because of the electricity filled night or due to the smell of smoke which filled the air. Ojoade did not bother carrying the boy neither did he make any attempt to move away from the spot he stood. He knelt over the boy and he cried his lungs out. His tears were charged by the electricity from the circle of lightning building around him and his clothing changed color. Once in a while, there would be a mini lightning within that circle and the two spirits which stood watch from far saw lightning light up the man who they had so much hopes in. His pain could be felt by them even though they had no such feelings but they could relate to it.

All of a sudden, Ojoade stood up and turned towards the two spirits standing meters away from him. He move towards them without his feet touching the ground; his feet were in mid air as his whole body was levitated towards them. They stiffened as they felt the maximum power he wielded around him, fueled by anguish, sorrow and more strength that they could attribute to any mortal. Ojoade got closer to them and raised his hammer which formed immediately in his hand.

His face at this time had changed. The old man whose face was almost shrunk was not visible but his face was a shining light which illuminated the whole surrounding, his eyes red like burning coals and his head which was turning bald now changed. The individual strands of hair stood on his head like nails. The very ground he floated above had materials floating all around him. It was as though gravity was not holding anymore where he stood and then he spoke.

His voice had also changed. It sounded like the rumbling of thunder and it had echoes of its own. The voice sounded like ten people were speaking at the same time as the sound was transported more by electricity than the air around him. Even the air at this point was charged. The spirits felt the air prick them like pins and even though their bodies were not material enough, the energy present was enough to make them felt.

“Who did this?”

He spoke just three words and trees in the distance were blown apart, some caught fire and some had their trunks splinted in half. There was commotion all around and with the thunder still rumbling in the clouds above, there was evidence that a miss on the part of the spirits might be the end of their existence. The old man’s cracked skin showed no signs of old age as he stood straight and without the need for his staff.

The Spirit he fought once was the only one who had the confidence to reply him.

“From the message I got from the other spirits minutes ago, his name is Akanni”

“I do not care what he called himself, what does he want and why my son?”

“He did not just kill your son, half the village is dead. There is mourning everywhere”

The old man did not look concerned about the thought that there was so much death in the village he had served as doctor. He was more concerned about his son and the person who was responsible will pay dearly for what has happened.

“And what is his reason for him doing this?”

The second spirit was at this point literally hiding behind the other one out of fear as with each word that came from Ojoade, the impact could be felt all around.

“He wants revenge for what was done to his parents and siblings some decades back”

At this, Ojoade looked to his dead son.

“In that case, I will be sending him to his parents and I will make him hurt before I do that but first, I must bury my son”

At this, he turned back and walked towards his son. The younger spirit got some of its confidence back as tried to get answers.

“Do you think it is a good thing that his son died? Look at how ready he is to fight who is responsible for his death”

The older spirit replied before looking back.

“If you love your existence, it would be a lot better you kept quiet and not say things that might get you annihilated”

The younger spirit whimpered and kept shut as they watched Ojoade fetch a shovel from the house and started digging grave for Babatunde.

1 Like

Re: <<<The Tri-Paternal Son>>> by Obinnau(m): 8:54pm On Apr 27, 2013
Oga Mynd! Its been a long absence from this ur thread. I can see its going smoothly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him / Mending Fences (romance) / PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.