Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State (10383 Views)

Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) / Prof. Osinbajo Promises Free Tertiary Education For Teachers In Nigeria / Imo State University Post Ume Info; Dept. Cut Off, Closing & Exam Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by dunmorris(m): 2:55pm On Nov 16, 2012
Why Are U guys Not Appreciative

1 Like

Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by vandarsar(m): 2:58pm On Nov 16, 2012
lol...your opinion is so rotten grin grin grin, however you're entitled to it!

MostIncredible.DFirst:
MISPLACED PRIORITY! 100000 naira X 30000 students for 4years is enough to b used 2change dat university's status 2a top institution in Nigeria- if not West Africa! Most male students wud used dat money to pursue women.
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by Nobody: 3:09pm On Nov 16, 2012
Any investment in someone's education is never a waste. Its never wrong to invest in Education. Thanks Governor, for putting education as priority, without education, I wouldn't be typing this messages.
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by Borlahr(m): 3:10pm On Nov 16, 2012
This man Surname is suppose to be "Propaganda, Deceit and all sort. In a state where the S.S.S 3 students are paying as much as 20k for their WAEC, no teachers in the schools to teach, no classrooms, so called IMSU is been sited on a borrowed land owned by d Fed. Govt. College, Imo State and he called it "Free Education". Then, with this loud ovation of paying 100k and 60k to tertiary institutions students. God, save Imoites from this "EWELE"
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by tonymariao(m): 3:24pm On Nov 16, 2012
deceit at d higest order...why not use d money 4 a substainable environment for our unemployed youth...mstcheew what a confused gov!
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by Afam4eva(m): 3:28pm On Nov 16, 2012
Obinoscopy: Nice! However they should also consider non-indigenes who have lived in the state for 10yrs and above. Such people have contributed their own fair share towards the existence and development of the state. They pay their taxes, they are part of the society. It would be unfair to exclude them
The article mentioned 'citizen' and not 'indigenes'. I guess they have to explain to us who a citizen is.
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by tonymariao(m): 3:36pm On Nov 16, 2012
Borlahr: This man Surname is suppose to be "Propaganda, Deceit and all sort. In a state where the S.S.S 3 students are paying as much as 20k for their WAEC, no teachers in the schools to teach, no classrooms, so called IMSU is been sited on a borrowed land owned by d Fed. Govt. College, Imo State and he called it "Free Education". Then, with this loud ovation of paying 100k and 60k to tertiary institutions students. God, save Imoites from this "EWELE"
thank u my broda I think those praising him are not imolites or smtin is wrong with them...mstcheew
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by GeJ79: 3:39pm On Nov 16, 2012
NICE IDEA BUT I KNOW D UNIVERSITY N POLY ARE NOT STANDARD BY ANY MEANS. HE SHOULD HAVE USE THE MONEY TO IMPROVE THE EDUCATIONAL SECTOR OF THE STATE TO MAKE IT BEST IN NIGERIA AND ONE TOP IN AFRICA....... I GUESS SOMEONE IS PLAYING POLITICS HERE.

1 Like

Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by Lordave: 3:40pm On Nov 16, 2012
Billyonaire: Any investment in someone's education is never a waste. Its never wrong to invest in Education. Thanks Governor, for putting education as priority, without education, I wouldn't be typing this messages.
maybe u for dey oshodi dey load bus wey de go ojuelegba
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by lumeneng22: 3:41pm On Nov 16, 2012
Hope governor uduaghan is reading this thread? Every indigen of imo benefiting,walahi this man must become president.
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by emeka762001(m): 3:46pm On Nov 16, 2012
rochas u re an asshole. stop making promises u cannot fulfil.

1 Like

Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by tonymariao(m): 3:51pm On Nov 16, 2012
even if he like let him pay d tuition fee for all students as far as the basic infrastructure needed is not on ground is a waste of resources...

1 Like

Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by paj4love: 3:53pm On Nov 16, 2012
well i know is that most of you guys dont have the correct info on this free education of Rochas ,i know that IMSU pays #36000 as school fees while Imo-poly and school health pays less than that, So my question goes dis way ...why will the government give me a cheque of #100,000 through my traditional ruler ,why my school fees is #36000 and i can only pay in the cheque into my V.C office not the bank, so what will happend to my #64000 balance?
2.do u have to give cheque when its free for all imsu ,imo-poly and health science students of imo state indigene?
please i need answer from u guys
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by tonymariao(m): 3:55pm On Nov 16, 2012
lumeneng22: Hope governor uduaghan is reading this thread? Every indigen of imo benefiting,walahi this man must become president.
I rather vote 4 a mad man come 2015 than him unless he changes or stop deceiving ppl
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 16, 2012
oloto: I ‎​am not Ibo, but I sincerely appreciate what this guy is doing. Hope other governors will tow this line.
tow the line because of what, you want them to have sleepless nights?
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by Owbie(m): 4:02pm On Nov 16, 2012
Wolf in sheep clothing. lest see how long it spans.
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by Josh316(m): 4:02pm On Nov 16, 2012
Here comes the Complete Brokeness of Imo by 2015... Really, while on the short term it might seem populist and wonderful, it really will NOT address the core issue with Education in Imo. Economically, even the US doesn't give that much freebies when it comes to education but they encourage student loans. People might attack me for being objective but this is NOT a good policy.
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by Joeblis(m): 4:03pm On Nov 16, 2012
Make una think with una brain...the money will not be given to the student cash,them go pay the fees
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by OILOFGLADNESS: 4:11pm On Nov 16, 2012
MostIncredible.DFirst:
MISPLACED PRIORITY! 100000 naira X 30000 students for 4years is enough to b used 2change dat university's status 2a top institution in Nigeria- if not West Africa! Most male students wud used dat money to pursue women.

PLEASE IF U DONT KNOW WAT TO SAY , JUST CLOSE THE TREND AND GOOOOOOOOO
NEGATIVE MIND IS WHAT HAD KEPT NIGERIA IN THIS STATE
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by OILOFGLADNESS: 4:15pm On Nov 16, 2012
Obinoscopy: Nice! However they should also consider non-indigenes who have lived in the state for 10yrs and above. Such people have contributed their own fair share towards the existence and development of the state. They pay their taxes, they are part of the society. It would be unfair to exclude them

GUY THIS IS BUSARY ITS NEVER DONE THAT WAY, I AM NOT FROM IMO ,BUT I AM VERY HAPPY FOR THEM, ATLEAST THE LESS PRIVILEDGED FROM THE STATE WONT HAVE ANYREASON NOT TO GO TO SCHOOL,

MOST PEOPLE ARE GENIUS AND SOME ARE VERY INTELLUIGENT WHILE SOME ARE BRILLIANT, OTHERS CAN COPE, BUT FINANCE HAD BEEN THE ISSUE, NOW THEY HAVE NO EXCUSE

PRAY FOR YOUR OWN STATE TOOOOOOOOO

THIS IS AN ANSWERED PRAYER TO SOME PEOPLE!

GOD BLESS ROCHAS
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by OILOFGLADNESS: 4:17pm On Nov 16, 2012
zenith7: Hoy mega loy poloy. I laugh in spanish. Rochas, what we need is empowerment not deceit.

CHANGE YOUR MIND SET SO THAT YOU CAN PROSPER IN LIFE

APR8T GOOD THING AND MORE WILL COME
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by aglomar: 4:18pm On Nov 16, 2012
Some Nigerians are still selfless.
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by Alarib(m): 4:19pm On Nov 16, 2012
MostIncredible.DFirst:
He doesn't have to give the students the cheque by hand...let them provide evidence they are indigenes and the govt will pay directly to the school...or more precisely to themselves! And as for using the money to develop the school into a world class one, there would be misappropriation of funds still #corruption!!!
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by OILOFGLADNESS: 4:21pm On Nov 16, 2012
Ozonna: I don't think this is sustainable on the long run.

WHAT MADE U HAVE SUCH NEGATIVE MIND?,
PRAY FOR HIM, ROCHAS CAN SUSTAIN IT, IF YOU HAVE LITLE KNOWLDGE OF WHO HE IS.
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by uczay(m): 4:22pm On Nov 16, 2012
[Borlahr]This man Surname is suppose to be "Propaganda, Deceit and all sort. In a state where the S.S.S 3 students are paying as much as 20k for their WAEC, no teachers in the schools to teach, no classrooms, so called IMSU is been sited on a borrowed land owned by d Fed. Govt. College, Imo State and he called it "Free Education". Then, with this loud ovation of paying 100k and 60k to tertiary institutions students. God, save Imoites from this "EWELE" [/quote]

Thanks for using those words "Deceit, Propaganda and all sort". imagine when the state govt. unnecessarilly increased the tuition fee of freshers to Imopoly by over hundred percent and the students are told that they'll pay nothing in their second year...and u call that free education? who are they deceiving. smh for Mr. Propaganda and deceit.

1 Like

Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by OILOFGLADNESS: 4:28pm On Nov 16, 2012
solomonkane: I support, applaud and encourage subsidized education. I completely disagree with free education. At the risk of sounding pessimistic, this looks like another half-baked "masses oriented" policy that will leave the next administration with mountains of debts and stifle meaningful long term progress. Going by statistics, Imo state has one of the highest number of tertiary students in the nation, how sustainable is it? Even states like Rivers and Delta with large allocations and Lagos with a large IGR can't and shouldn't try it.

IF YOU HAVE NOTING TO SAY PLS CLOSE UR MOUTH AND PASS, THIS MAN HAD MANY SCHOOLS FROM NURSERY TO SECONADRY AND NOW TERTIARY THAT ARE ALL FREE, I MAEN EVERTHINT, THEIR UNIFORM, BAGS SCHOL SANDALS, NAME IT, . THATIS WHEN HE NEVER HAVE ACCESS TO GOVERNMENT MONEY, TALK OF NOWWWWW
WITH GOD ALL THINGS IS POSSIBLE,
NIGERIA HAVE MONEY, STATES HAVE MONEY. JUST THAT BAD LEADERSHIP KEEP ON HURDING IT

APRECIATE GOOD THINGS AND PRAY FOR GRACE OF GOD UPON THOSE DOING IT
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by andyanders: 4:30pm On Nov 16, 2012
Instead of Fashola to do same in Lagos, he only increased the tuition in Lagos and also impoverished Lagosians
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by OILOFGLADNESS: 4:35pm On Nov 16, 2012
GeJ79: NICE IDEA BUT I KNOW D UNIVERSITY N POLY ARE NOT STANDARD BY ANY MEANS. HE SHOULD HAVE USE THE MONEY TO IMPROVE THE EDUCATIONAL SECTOR OF THE STATE TO MAKE IT BEST IN NIGERIA AND ONE TOP IN AFRICA....... I GUESS SOMEONE IS PLAYING POLITICS HERE.

YOU HAVE TO THINK BEFORE YOU COMMENT, THAT HE GAVE BURSARY DOESNT MEAN THAT, HE DOESNT HAVE IT IN PLAN TO IMPROVE THE INFRASTRUCTURES OF THE SCHOOL.

HE IS A MAN OF HIS WORD, THAT IS WHAT NIGERIA NEEDS, AND MIND YOU A MAN IS A MAN, WHE HE SAYS SOMETHING AN DO IT

HE IS WORKING ACCORDING TO HIS PROMISE,

THIS REMINDS ME OF WHAT HAPPEND IN MY STATE( ANAMBRA STATE )DURING NGIGE"S TIME, IT MADE PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT ANAMBRA STATE HAVE MORNING VERY CONTRARY TO WHAT MBADINUGU DID.

IF THIS IS HOW EVERYBODY PLAYS POLITICS NIGERIA CLD HAVE NOT BE IN THIS LEVEL WE ARE TODAY.
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by zenith7(m): 4:37pm On Nov 16, 2012
OILOFGLADNESS:

CHANGE YOUR MIND SET SO THAT YOU CAN PROSPER IN LIFE

APR8T GOOD THING AND MORE WILL COME

I guess you're not an Imolite. I'll pardon you for that because it's people that are easily deceived by his early morning programme on AIT that Imo is getting better. Come to Owerri and let me take you round the town to see things for yourself.
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by OILOFGLADNESS: 4:38pm On Nov 16, 2012
Borlahr: This man Surname is suppose to be "Propaganda, Deceit and all sort. In a state where the S.S.S 3 students are paying as much as 20k for their WAEC, no teachers in the schools to teach, no classrooms, so called IMSU is been sited on a borrowed land owned by d Fed. Govt. College, Imo State and he called it "Free Education". Then, with this loud ovation of paying 100k and 60k to tertiary institutions students. God, save Imoites from this "EWELE"

APRECIATE GOOD MOVES AND PRAY AND EXPECT BETTER ONES!
NIGERIAN, MAKE UNA STOP CRITICS, IT WILL NEVER PAY AND GOD HATES IT
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by Catchfire1: 4:38pm On Nov 16, 2012
DeeDok: Wer can we dat ar qualify collect our own cheque.

#I_Gbagaun-ed
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by drmax(m): 4:38pm On Nov 16, 2012
A commendable idea but is this sustainable? Well, may God help you Mr. Rogas Okorocha. I can see massive actions in Imo, Edo, Lagos and Akwa Ibom States!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Houdegbe North American University Not On The List Of Accredited Universities / Aaua 2011/2012 Post-ume Cut Off / Study, Work & Live In TURKEY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.