Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State (10382 Views)

Robbery in Imo State Uni. Who Do I Report To? (urgent) / Prof. Osinbajo Promises Free Tertiary Education For Teachers In Nigeria / Imo State University Post Ume Info; Dept. Cut Off, Closing & Exam Dates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by Borlahr(m): 9:50pm On Nov 16, 2012
OILOFGLADNESS:

APRECIATE GOOD MOVES AND PRAY AND EXPECT BETTER ONES!
NIGERIAN, MAKE UNA STOP CRITICS, IT WILL NEVER PAY AND GOD HATES IT
I'm making reference based on sight seeing and knowledge not fallacy. I'm residing in the state under his leadership. So, for real he is Media-Governor that broadcast while taking water in his sitting room or sleeping with his wife

1 Like

Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 16, 2012
@Solomonkane,keep worrying,am just wondering how wrinkle your face would have become over this issue.there are some countries with free education,are they in debt?
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by LaPink: 10:30pm On Nov 16, 2012
I Love My State.wink
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by webcalculator(m): 11:25pm On Nov 16, 2012
please help me tell Peter Obi that he is a tyrant!!!!!!
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by COOLDUN: 1:39am On Nov 17, 2012
MostIncredible.DFirst:
MISPLACED PRIORITY! 100000 naira X 30000 students for 4years is enough to b used 2change dat university's status 2a top institution in Nigeria- if not West Africa! Most male students wud used dat money to pursue women.

You are an ingrate, what is so important in upgrading school which will not benefit the teaming students. Education is more important than upgrading an empty and unaffordable institution. At least he should be applauded and encouraged than what you have commented and liked by your types. If other governors should follow this policy, it will at least ease the pains of the poor parents in training their children. When someone does what is right and good, he/she deserves an appreciation than criticism. Some governors are busy pushing people out from schools, while someone is encouraging students to be educated and you are here barking. When other governor assumes office, he/she can upgrade the universities to be like Harvard or Oxford. But now Owelle should be blessed more for giving the Imolites the opportunity to be educated. Owelle, God bless you and your entire staff in your rescue mission in Imo state. You are a true son of Late Dee Samuel Onunaka Mbakwe. Your legacy is there to speak for you.
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by COOLDUN: 2:09am On Nov 17, 2012
mike.okiro:

Hallo my dear, have you forgotten that former governor of River state peter odili, had 3 private jets, houses in UK, america and south africa all for himself alone and i hope also u have not forgotten the famous James Ibori , the former Delta state governor who stole billions of naira from his people, having luxury houses all over the world, in europe , america , canada , and dubai, with chain of luxury cars and billions in foreign bank account who is now in UK prison

Now ask urself, Instead of stealing those money and using it for personal luxury wouldnt that money have been enough to be paying even if it was half tuition fees to his people in school.

governor rochas okorocha should be praised not critisized please, we need people who think like him to move this country forward

God bless you my dear, it is true that Education is an acquired Knowledge, while Wisdom is pure natural. When I read some comments on this nairaland in fact I wonder why this forum is made free. I notice that some people here comment on every issue without any reasonable point. Some are here to discredit any achievement that is not from their Political Parties, Pay Masters, Tribes, and Religions. Not minding whether the policy is good or bad. Many fools here love when the criminals loot their common wealth, and come back to buy their public companies, as we are seeing in the Education, Power and Telecommunication sectors, there by enslaving them more. If all the governors should emulate this Owelle Rochas Okorocha’s educational policy, many dropped out students would go back to school. He will try in other areas as long as he is given the time and free hand to work. Education is the pillar of every country. That it is why is widely said that, Knowledge is power.
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by Alishachris: 3:39am On Nov 17, 2012
"FREE Report Shows You How You Can Achieve 5 Times More At No Cost"

Become a better You Today! Enjoy all the good things that life has to offer.

Also get Free 1999 Nigerian Constitution (2004 reviewed). Refuse to be intimidated!

Click the links below to download:

http://www.4shared.com/office/R2yYe7Of/BETTER_YOU.html
http://www.4shared.com/office/dv-OBGwB/constitution_FRN_third_altecat.html
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by totorimi: 5:56am On Nov 17, 2012
THIS MAN IS THE BEST GOVERNOR NI NIGERIA. SHOWING THE WAY IT SHOULD BE DONE
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by akinsdeji(m): 6:56am On Nov 17, 2012
I listen to one of owelle interview,where he said is going to finance the free education with his own salary and part of the security vote money,I think each state receive about 120million naira monthly for security vote,I believe this a good and laudable program and he should be commended,other state governors are just pocketing the security vote money.

1 Like

Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by Chuks16(m): 7:09am On Nov 17, 2012
Dnt mind rochas,his a sycophant. Why will he claim to give imo indigen free education and increase the school fees for the noon indigen, am from imo, truelly i dont support these. We were schooling befor he came on sit. He should do something better. Unemployment is increasing in imo,he is chasing shadow.

1 Like

Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by victord1st: 9:32am On Nov 17, 2012
andyanders: Instead of Fashola to do same in Lagos, he only increased the tuition in Lagos and also impoverished Lagosians

shei if this true then i will b going back to my 'village'...
all those making negative statement should pause to think,rochas has always been a philanthropist and nothing can change that.there is money in this country who would hav known that gov's rcive billions in secury vote if not for this man that has decided to use his own portion to educate the poor.I enjoin all gov's to follow suit.

1 Like

Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by tonymariao(m): 9:53am On Nov 17, 2012
A lot of sycophants...ppl without clue of hw currently Imo is...'Media maradona' dats what he's gud in; always seeking 4 cheap popularity...MSTCHEEEWW...

1 Like

Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by GeneralGaricks: 11:15am On Nov 17, 2012
Obinoscopy: Nice! However they should also consider non-indigenes who have lived in the state for 10yrs and above. Such people have contributed their own fair share towards the existence and development of the state. They pay their taxes, they are part of the society. It would be unfair to exclude them

You have contributed to making the state dirty.

What will someone say to Lagos state govt that is busy deporting non-indegenes in crude manner in light of Rochas free education largesse
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by GeneralGaricks: 11:18am On Nov 17, 2012
MostIncredible.DFirst:
MISPLACED PRIORITY! 100000 naira X 30000 students for 4years is enough to b used 2change dat university's status 2a top institution in Nigeria- if not West Africa! Most male students wud used dat money to pursue women.

Shattap. Mumu like you. Is it block work that makes an institution or the quality of the human occupants Some people can never be pleased in this life. I believe your own state governor is busy buying private jet.
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by GeneralGaricks: 11:34am On Nov 17, 2012
Joeblis: Make una think with una brain...the money will not be given to the student cash,them go pay the fees

You are not wise in this area. When a bank grants you a loan for your business, it places restrictions on your withdrawals to ensure that you do not divert that money to other purposes.

That is why the students are handed cheques that should be made payable to the school. They will receive the balance in cash after the fees have been deducted. The state expects you to repay that balance after landing a good job as a graduate.
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by stanjohn57: 10:40pm On Nov 17, 2012
solomonkane: I love the Owelle for the strides he is taking; he's far better that that arrogant lout called Ohakim but populism should be married with the reality on ground. As someone who has worked in the secondary school system in Imo state; I would rather he revolutionizes the primary and secondary school system which are the building blocks of whatever changes he wants to make rather than make the finished product; tertiary education tuition free.

Owelle,no doubt is no Messiah, but for once I hv seen a public office holder who hv stuck τ̅☺ his campaign manifesto. I was amazed that in d state (Imo), its no longer about d usual pessimism about a governor delivering as is d case in d Nigerian polity especially in d 1st few years of a governor, rather d pessimism has turned τ̅☺ d ability of d state τ̅☺ fully finance its projects and d ability of a governor τ̅☺ even finish programmes he stated! Plz let's for once applaud focus and determination, as well as service τ̅☺ d people because if our public leaders can come this far, Nigeria will no doubt make giant strides
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by stanjohn57: 10:46pm On Nov 17, 2012
Chuks16: Dnt mind rochas,his a sycophant. Why will he claim to give imo indigen free education and increase the school fees for the noon indigen, am from imo, truelly i dont support these. We were schooling befor he came on sit. He should do something better. Unemployment is increasing in imo,he is chasing shadow.

Bros, if Ɣ‎​☺U̶̲̥̅̊ hv nothing better τ̅☺ do, rather go and sleep! So in ur own view, him increasing school fees τ̅☺ be at par with what is obtainable in other states is now a crime right? I have my younger ones in state Uni in 9ja and I no what they pay, so get a life and stop ranting! Check LASU, ESUT etc b4 Ɣ‎​☺U̶̲̥̅̊ comment
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by stanjohn57: 10:54pm On Nov 17, 2012
tonymariao: A lot of sycophants...ppl without clue of hw currently Imo is...'Media maradona' dats what he's gud in; always seeking 4 cheap popularity...MSTCHEEEWW...

Please can Ɣ‎​☺U̶̲̥̅̊ educate us a bit on 'how currently Imo state is' because am currently in the Imo state and I can't seem τ̅☺ understand what Ɣ‎​☺U̶̲̥̅̊ meant by sycophancy going by what I saw he has achieved in a year and 5months!
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by hubreality(m): 7:36am On Nov 18, 2012
maasoap: Then, what about other Imo students who attend other universities and polytechnics?
As long as the universities and polytechnics are owned by Imo state govt. All Imo indegenes(students of mentioned institutions) are beneficiaries.
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by Darlo22(m): 10:59am On Nov 18, 2012
Obinoscopy: Nice! However they should also consider non-indigenes who have lived in the state for 10yrs and above. Such people have contributed their own fair share towards the existence and development of the state. They pay their taxes, they are part of the society. It would be unfair to exclude them
You must be kidding, nice sermon, ride on.
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by leonshom(m): 11:22am On Nov 18, 2012
Datz a gud development, its bin happening in lagos state long ago ! *Bursary allowance* is equivalent to the school fee paid by students !
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by OILOFGLADNESS: 10:07am On Nov 19, 2012
solomonkane:

Another classic example of why FREE EDUCATION isn't a good idea, it produces latrine-brained buffoons like this jackass. Learn to spell properly before making comments.

my dear mind u this is not an official site, i can abreviate, i can decide not to review my typographical errors, cos i believe that naira landers are wise pple who can understands.

dont reason like a someone that av, been in a cage.

i dontr have such time to star reviewing what i typed, use your IQ if u have one and stop displaying your ignorant

thank you for ur understanding if u have one
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by hubreality(m): 11:07pm On Nov 29, 2012
Governor Rochas Okorocha declared November 29th Free Education Day! Slashes tuition for Non Imo citizens

http://www.imostateblog.com/2012/11/29/governor-okorocha-declares-november-29th-free-education-day-slashes-tuiton-for-non-imo-citizens/
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by MostIncredibleDFirst: 9:05am On Dec 18, 2012
I'VE BEEN VINDICATED! The Faculty of Law of Imo state university has just been deaccredited, deregistered, and decertified by d Council for Legal Education which is d regulatory body for legal education in Nigeria. Okorocha shd hav a re-think wit his misplaced priority policies which he is adopting for cheap popularity.
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by MostIncredibleDFirst: 9:10am On Dec 18, 2012
Other IMSU departments wil soon suffer d same fate as d IMSU Faculty of Law deaccreditation. THIS IS A BIG SHAME AND AN EMBARRASSMENT!
Re: Free Tertiary Education Kicks-Off In Imo State by hubreality(m): 9:46pm On Dec 19, 2012
MostIncredible.DFirst:
Other IMSU departments wil soon suffer d same fate as d IMSU Faculty of Law deaccreditation. THIS IS A BIG SHAME AND AN EMBARRASSMENT!
Really?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Society Of Engineer Graduate Membership Exam / Houdegbe North American University Not On The List Of Accredited Universities / Aaua 2011/2012 Post-ume Cut Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.