Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,728 members, 7,831,312 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll (11018 Views)

Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos / Nigeria - 2nd Most Positive (happiest) Country In Africa - Gallup Poll / President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by kasheemawo(m): 9:50am On Nov 15, 2012
A country where u have to know someone to get job or pay huge amount of money to get employed.......scammers have increased drastically day in day out just to deceive unsuspected job seekers.i weep for ppl of nigerians who are yet to born in the next decade.
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by Super1759: 9:52am On Nov 15, 2012
if you don't take 1st from front, you take 1st from back. We are coming up..*congrats*
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by Kslib(m): 9:57am On Nov 15, 2012
Chineke!! So kenya corruption pass Nigeria own,in that case,it is safe to say that Kenya is finished...
The funny thing is that 94% percent of Nigerians feel/know/complain that the government is corrupt but sit down and do nothing.. The remaining 6% are the people in power a..k..a corrupt devils.. Now tell me,how can 6% make 96% suffer?? HOW??
Look,weda una like am or not,na revolution be the only way to save this country from doom.. The yoouths should come out,lock schools,banks,block roads,block airport,block sea,block oil company and anything blockable and make sure that every single bastard is brought to book.. There should be nationwide protest..
There should be no movement... Haba,this people own don too much nah...

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by cyril83(m): 9:59am On Nov 15, 2012
This gallup poll must be high on sikiru,.says who kenya is d most corrupt nation,.somebody shud pls tell d SK man to do his research well
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by cyril83(m): 10:01am On Nov 15, 2012
Kslib: Chineke!! So kenya corruption pass Nigeria own,in that case,it is safe to say that Kenya is finished...
The funny thing is that 94% percent of Nigerians feel/know/complain that the government is corrupt but sit down and do nothing.. The remaining 6% are the people in power a..k..a corrupt devils.. Now tell me,how can 6% make 96% suffer?? HOW??
Look,weda una like am or not,na revolution be the only way to save this country from doom.. The yoouths should come out,lock schools,banks,block roads,block airport,block sea,block oil company and anything blockable and make sure that every single bastard is brought to book.. There should be nationwide protest..
that skunk addicted saying rubbish
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by farem: 10:04am On Nov 15, 2012
234GT: @ least na person carry first.
i believe without any doubt that Nigerian govt is the first! There can only be a very distant second on the scale of corruption. Gridlock [Goodluck] govt is a ravaging locust on our economy.
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by amasdking: 10:04am On Nov 15, 2012
The only thing dat can change [/color]NIGERIA [color=#000000]is noting but action from all nigerians against all corrupt leaders.
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by Ice4jez(m): 10:14am On Nov 15, 2012
Stupid pple.when dey steal the money where do dey take it to?.thief dey call ole barawo
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by silica(m): 10:14am On Nov 15, 2012
FreeGlobe:
you must be retar.d.ed.
only a reta.d would recognize one
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by 360command: 10:19am On Nov 15, 2012
they say Kenya is number 1 corrupt nation but they have 24 hours electricty supply. They have a very good telecom network which offers cheaper service, good banking(cashless(mobile and online banking) country at some point), good tourism sector, good infrastructure, a naturally clean environment.

if i am to mention some negatives of Kenya, not that i know of much but i do know its noted for its high robbery or criminal activity. As the capital city is called Nairobi , also known as NAI-ROBBERY.

Also, the countrys economy is mostly run by the indians though i can say its one black african country that has done well.

In the case of Nigeria, the negativity is just too much but still on a strong hope that things will turn out well for us.. maybe a libya uprising will surface in Nigeria
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by MurphyT1: 10:20am On Nov 15, 2012
[b]This days in Nig any tom, d.i.c.k and harry can just get up and conduct a poll, imagine even gallup, that is known for employee engagement, customer engagement, conducting of market research for advertising companies and the film industry in US, also known for predicting the outcome of United States presidential elections have the effontry to declare Nig 2nd most corrupt country, smh. if we must know, Gallup Poll inaccurately projected a victory by Gerald Ford in 1976, but he lost to Jimmy Carter...Recently during the US election, poll analyst Mark Blumenthal criticized Gallup for inaccuracy...today they have the guts to call Nigeria 2nd most corrupt country...who doesnt know dat corruption is every where, go to mexico (they wont even give them such an opportunity), even in that US, but they know hw to hide themselves and project african countries in bad light.Gallup polling fact has been a subject of major criticism in recent times of it reliability (even there in USA o) compared to other polls...
it quite unfortunate that our print media journalist hardly confirm facts before publishing them to the public, it so bad..no doubt, there is corruption in the land but not as bad as projected by these unreliable polling firm.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by omenziate(m): 10:21am On Nov 15, 2012
Hopefully, we would reclaim our Number 1 spot next year. Nigeria my fatherland, hw we take enter dis kind once chance for this country?
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by kawazaki(m): 10:23am On Nov 15, 2012
Seriously, I wonder who the 6% Nigerians who say Government is not corrupt are.

Those in government are less than 6%
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by Iaz93: 10:24am On Nov 15, 2012
Nigeria I hail thee . . Where's RedMosquito??

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by Richy4(m): 10:26am On Nov 15, 2012
Kslib: Chineke!! So kenya corruption pass Nigeria own,in that case,it is safe to say that Kenya is finished...

I understand your anger but i just want to know who will bring them to book? Is it the police force, the judiciary , EFCC or do we in-force ALUU justice system?
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 15, 2012
silica: this is the kind of news we celebrate in this country. this is the kind of news that find there way to front page within seconds. we accept this kind of report without questioning its basis and the credibility of the rating agency. however, if this was a positive report about the country, we will discard it, question it and critically scrutinize it. well done to all of us. we can feed our pessimism by project the worse about our country, may be if we try quite hard we may actually succeed in destroying it then we will rest. the truth is no country is perfect. the countries we envy and compare ourselves with didn't get to where they did folding their hands and blaming the govt for envy thing. we cheat ourselves, hike price at the slightest excuse, hoard product, fail in our own responsibility to the country and then, stand aloof and bad mouth the country.peddling and circulating negative reports about our country will do none of us any good. lets roll our sleeves and play our part. am just tired of talk talk and talk and nobody really doing anything to change the status quo. do something positive , then you can come here and criticize those who haven't done their part, otherwise...just shut u p.
My broda u better say something else b4 ppl throw e-stone @you
There are thousands of people who are willing and ready to do something to better this country but our corrupt government will not support them,rather they send their families abroad to enjoy our money...they are not ready to help...
I will equate Nigeria problem with law of UNEMPLOYMENT

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by ochukoccna: 10:35am On Nov 15, 2012
Breaking news: The president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, His excellency, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has just set up a committee to investigate this allegations from Gallup poll. This will enable the president to act urgently regarding this allegation to taint his Transformation Agenda.

Source: www.asorocknews.com

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by otokx(m): 10:37am On Nov 15, 2012
k2039: No suprises,we will only be decieving ourselves to believe the poll was wrong.

Our president only sets up panels to investigate corruption but he has done absolutely nothing to fight corruption,infact he is the number one citizen so he is the first corrupt official,he and his cabinet members are epitome of corruption

but the poll is wrong, we should be the undisputed number 1 for the next 1000 years as long as people like Danjuma, Obasanjo, Ibb, Odili, etc are alive and well.
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 15, 2012
During Obasanjo's government we were the most corrupt.
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 15, 2012
During Obasanjo's government we were the most corrupt.
otokx:

but the poll is wrong, we should be the undisputed number 1 for the next 1000 years as long as people like Danjuma, Obasanjo, Ibb, Odili, etc are alive and well.
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by 360command: 10:55am On Nov 15, 2012
Here is a picture of the Number 1 corrupt nation opening an Ultramodern Syokimau rail station running through as it ends at central part of nairobi for a 16.5 km which will cost 200 Kenya shillings, about $2.50(390 Naira) ROUND TRIP.In the picture , you will find the supposed corrupt president and governmental officials launching the Ultramodern Syokimau rail station.

Between Kenya and Nigeria, who is the number 1 most corrupt?.......Nigeria is not too late, we can still try again.

''New eight-lane highway'

The 16.5-km (10-mile) ride from Syokimau, in the east, to Nairobi is expected to take 15 minutes, while a car journey during rush-hour could take up to two hours, our reporter says.

The new station at Syokimau is modern - it will issue passengers with electronic tickets to swipe at turnstiles and there are also large screens to give train times,'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-20310767

Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by seniorklop: 11:00am On Nov 15, 2012
enough of dis talk, letz take to the street, revolution is d answer!!
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by chinedum13(m): 11:02am On Nov 15, 2012
FreeGlobe: Gallup is very credible a source.
corruption by numbers
GEJ 05%
Diezanni Madueke 25%
politicians/oil marketers 25%
Masses 20%
guy e bi like say you be corrupt economist, nice rating sha grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by OkwaIfugo(m): 11:04am On Nov 15, 2012
if only bokoharam will stop their aimless attacks on the innocent ones and divert it to these corrupt ones.
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by otokx(m): 11:05am On Nov 15, 2012
seniorklop: enough of dis talk, letz take to the street, revolution is d answer!!

on your own
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by Demdem(m): 11:10am On Nov 15, 2012
The retardeen is on top of the situation.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by 360command: 11:13am On Nov 15, 2012
OkwaIfugo: if only bokoharam will stop their aimless attacks on the innocent ones and divert it to these corrupt ones.

na true talk sha. no b only boko haram, all those niger delta militants as well.. instead everybody wants to enrich his/her pockets.
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by tatosh: 11:20am On Nov 15, 2012
I totally agree with this poll, corruption has gone to mountaneous heights under GEJ. Just yday we took 20steps backwards by cancelling the contract of manitoba in the power sector.
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by AkinDavid2: 11:22am On Nov 15, 2012
That is their problem.. grin
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by lovemoneyn: 11:25am On Nov 15, 2012
hurray grin
we carry second
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by Noraokon: 11:34am On Nov 15, 2012
so for Gallup to release its first report makes it a credible source?. yes i agree there is widespread corruption in the system, which you and i know is as old as the history of the country.what bites me is the reason why this roadside sources always fail to report efforts made by nations of the world in fighting corruption.
FreeGlobe: Gallup is very credible a source.
corruption by numbers
GEJ 30%
Diezanni Madueke 25%
politicians/oil marketers 25%
Masses 20%
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by 3kay945(m): 11:40am On Nov 15, 2012
Demdem: The retardeen is on top of the situation.
grin
he will form committee to investigate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN / Ita Enang Reveals Oil Blocks Owned By Northerners (2013 news) / Senate Opens Condolence Register For Ali Wakili (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.