Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,726 members, 7,831,298 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll (11017 Views)

Nigeria Rated 8th Most Corrupt Nation- PM NEWS, Lagos / Nigeria - 2nd Most Positive (happiest) Country In Africa - Gallup Poll / President Jonathan Has An 81% Approval Rating: Gallup Poll (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by Les: 11:57am On Nov 15, 2012
uihebom: I wish I can see you face to face and squeeze that your dull brain out of your head. With all dis corruption , embezzlement, everybody owning private jet. Billions of dollars missing everyday, legislators collecting bribe even when caught they still clame they never did. Chief judges collecting bribe to make a criminal win a case. LG collecting billions and clame they built 10 bore holes with it. Police throwing accuses at people ,killing innocent people everyday, their superiors don't care. The FG are not asking questions. Cos they are busy looking for their own pocket to send their kids to Harvard, Princeton,Manchester, oxford university. And you have the guts and balls to say you will question and scrutinize the survey company. You are lucky dis an online forum,your head would have roll.
am surprised you bothered reading dat guy's post, i didn't try it!!
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 15, 2012
You may be right, but I suspect corruption was even worst under Obasanjo's govt, just that GEJ unlike Obj is unable prevent the press reporting about corruption.
Remember unde Obasanjo we became the most corrupt nation.
tatosh: I totally agree with this poll, corruption has gone to mountaneous heights under GEJ. Just yday we took 20steps backwards by cancelling the contract of manitoba in the power sector.
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by jimino(m): 12:14pm On Nov 15, 2012
Na dis kind rubbish nah nigeria dey top, wen beta tin come we go dey last. God help us o.
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by ypzilanti: 12:15pm On Nov 15, 2012
We cannot seem to be first in anything again. grin
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by ouagadougou(m): 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2012
Ah, commiserations to Nigeria for not winning. The championship crown will be hers next year. wink

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by Callotti: 12:59pm On Nov 15, 2012
No surprises there!
With all the churches and mosques all over Nigeria.
Damned CU-NTry! kiss
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by Gbawe: 1:10pm On Nov 15, 2012
Rubbish news. As if we don't know El Rufai bought Gallup last month and is now using it to rubbish the image of the Government. "Fresh air" is working and "haters" like Gallup are trying to taint the image of the best President in the world who is transforming Nigeria at a rate faster than the speed of light.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by agitator: 1:17pm On Nov 15, 2012
1supremo: We have been cheated again. I see nepotism at work here(Obama must have seen to it that Kenya gets ahead of us). We are no second fiddler in this area. First! First!! and First!!! This is so unfair.

no be small cheating, where the gallup poll office dey? angry angry angry angry make i go boko haram them. angry angry anyway thank God them no give am to white country na our brothers grin grin grin who say e no good to get your brother(obama) in power grin grin
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by sconsults: 1:22pm On Nov 15, 2012
[size=18pt]Which kind poll be this. This people are talking nonsense.who be the remaining 6 percent wey talk say Nigeria no corrupt.make nobody annoy me here o[/size]
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by Billw(m): 3:10pm On Nov 15, 2012
Gbawe: Rubbish news. As if we don't know El Rufai bought Gallup last month and is now using it to rubbish the image of the Government. "Fresh air" is working and "haters" like Gallup are trying to taint the image of the best President in the world who is transforming Nigeria at a rate faster than the speed of light.

Gbawe I agree Mr. President is trying. but calling him the best in the world is far-fetched.he isn't even d best in Africa
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by supereagle(m): 3:13pm On Nov 15, 2012
[size=18pt]SOFTLY ON GEJ.ASO ROCK VISITS NAIRALAND. [/size]
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by duni04(m): 4:05pm On Nov 15, 2012
Rigging of the highest order, we should have been first!
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by ubong560(m): 4:19pm On Nov 15, 2012
I think d poll is wrong. Nigeria shld b d 1st, bt peraventure a country has ova taken us, in six months time frm now, check bak d poll and u will c dat naija has claimed bak its 1st position in corruption. No country can dare ova power us 4 anything on dis. How em wan take do am wen we have all sworn 2 destroy d country in d next 10yrs (maximum).
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by nicesunshine: 4:24pm On Nov 15, 2012
its surprising how we all refer corruption only to the politicians. Even the common man on the street is corrupt; just yesterday i paid N150 for bus fare in Lagos as against the normal N100 they usually collect. they didn't give any reason for the hike, my thought is the drivers must have reasoned that their buses are the only means of transport we have now okadas no longer ply the roads. our Country reeks of corruption at everywhere and in every angle.
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by kuzzieOtiz: 4:43pm On Nov 15, 2012
Some people here are deluded. cheesy
This is a poll asking or trying to figure out how many people in their country think their government is corrupted.

Just the fact that kenyans and Nigerians top the list doesn't necessarily mean that they are the most corrupt.
Phucking hell, learn how to read and understand. lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by Horus(m): 4:52pm On Nov 15, 2012
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by silica(m): 5:01pm On Nov 15, 2012
Johnwizzy:
My broda u better say something else b4 ppl throw e-stone @you
There are thousands of people who are willing and ready to do something to better this country but our corrupt government will not support them,rather they send their families abroad to enjoy our money...they are not ready to help...
I will equate Nigeria problem with law of UNEMPLOYMENT
i respect you for stating ur case in a civil way without resorting to insults. i think what we need is to think for ourselves and not allow some displaced politicians to form our thinking for us. where has all d complains taking us so far??
i am happy to engage anyone on an intellectual discourse but i will not accept hook line and sinker the report by an agency far away in US which has repeatedly failed in its prediction in its home country
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by Smooyis(m): 5:30pm On Nov 15, 2012
Mr president u really need to do something quick about dis malaise called corruption. The people have spoken. U cant just remain indifferent by setting up committees upon committes while nothing is done to prosecute those indicted. We naijarians are already tired of ur slow motion regime. And ur inability to tackle our common enemy(corruption) headlong. U seem to be surrounded by croocked sycophants who will not allow u to see things objectively. I pray that God will deliver u from them. Because once an pportunity is lost it may never be recovered. This is ur time, do something fast!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 15, 2012
kawazaki: Seriously, I wonder who the 6% Nigerians who say Government is not corrupt are.

Those in government are less than 6%

Same thing I wanna know
Who are the 6 %.They must be the thieving government officials
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by mrrock: 6:54pm On Nov 15, 2012
Can a country be more corrupt than Nigeria?. Any country more corrupt than Nigeria shouldn't be called a country anymore.
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by mikey2fin: 7:25pm On Nov 15, 2012
I don't think any country are more Corrupt than Nigeria
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by Revolva(m): 10:34pm On Nov 15, 2012
Yes I believe that we are even number one because its our culture - up up nigeria what a landmark of achievement -
Big ups to cecilia ibru ,ad d rest
Not forgetting chief Olabode george the joseph of our time lmfao
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by Rossikk(m): 10:40pm On Nov 15, 2012
silica: this is the kind of news we celebrate in this country. this is the kind of news that find there way to front page within seconds. we accept this kind of report without questioning its basis and the credibility of the rating agency. however, if this was a positive report about the country, we will discard it, question it and critically scrutinize it. well done to all of us. we can feed our pessimism by project the worse about our country, may be if we try quite hard we may actually succeed in destroying it then we will rest. the truth is no country is perfect. the countries we envy and compare ourselves with didn't get to where they did folding their hands and blaming the govt for envy thing. we cheat ourselves, hike price at the slightest excuse, hoard product, fail in our own responsibility to the country and then, stand aloof and bad mouth the country.peddling and circulating negative reports about our country will do none of us any good. lets roll our sleeves and play our part. am just tired of talk talk and talk and nobody really doing anything to change the status quo. do something positive , then you can come here and criticize those who haven't done their part, otherwise...just shut u p.

Are you minding these buffoons? Save your breath. They're incurable. Meanwhile give any of them a position in govt and watch them rob the nation blind. Hypocritical, self-hating idiots.
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by Rossikk(m): 10:42pm On Nov 15, 2012
mikey2fin: I don't think any country are more Corrupt than Nigeria

That's because you do not read or study.

Transparency International's latest Corruption index rates about 50 countries as suffering MORE corruption than Nigeria.

http://cpi.transparency.org/cpi2011/results/

Oh, and TI's index is not based on any stup.id ''Gallup poll'' of ignorant citizens of a country like market women and vulcanizers who don't know their left from their right, but on the polling of actual international businesspeople who operate across all nations and have first hand experience of the way nations and their bureaucracies operate.
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by FreeGlobe(f): 10:52pm On Nov 15, 2012
Rossikk:

That's because you do not read or study.

Transparency International's latest Corruption index rates about 50 countries as suffering MORE corruption than Nigeria.

http://cpi.transparency.org/cpi2011/results/

Oh, and TI's index is not based on any stup.id ''Gallup poll'' of ignorant citizens of a country who don't know their left from their right, but on the polling of actual international businesspeople who operate across all nations and have first hand experience of the way nations and their bureaucracies operate.

you are an iddddiot, always thinking you are more Nigerian than everybody else. I will believe a gallup before a TI poll, you are the only ignorant stuuuupid citizen here.
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by Rossikk(m): 10:55pm On Nov 15, 2012
FreeGlobe:
you are an iddddiot, always thinking you are more Nigerian than everybody else. I will believe a gallup before a TI poll, you are the only ignorant stuuuupid citizen here.

Illiterate wastrel. A Gallup poll of ignorant dunces and failures like yourself? What do you know about the level of corruption in Nigeria? Nothing. How much has your state govt pilfered this year? Can you give us a figure? Of course not. YOU DON'T KNOW. Can you tell us if they stole more this year than two years ago? No you can't. YOU DON'T KNOW. What research have you conducted? Zero. 95% of Nigerians are actually NOT in a position to say if corruption has increased or decreased in the country over the last 5 years, because they lack the information to make that judgement, and that includes you.

A Gallup poll of ordinary citizens is near WORTHLESS for determining a nation's level of corruption.
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 15, 2012
A little known fact is that our very own Obasanjo is a founding member of Transparency International.

once you know this then you can realise that TI can not be relied on.
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 15, 2012
The video was made in 1995 and Abacha was in power at the time.

Corruption has been out of control since Obasanjo took over 1999, I very much doubt Farrakhan would defend PDP's Nigeria.

Horus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNA3JuGtaOs

Farrakhan Defends Nigeria
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by FreeGlobe(f): 11:05pm On Nov 15, 2012
Rossikk:

Illiterate wastrel. A Gallup poll of ignorant dunces and failures like yourself? What do you know about the level of corruption in Nigeria? Nothing. How much has your state govt pilfered this year? Can you give us a figure? Of course not. YOU DON'T KNOW. What research have you conducted? Zero. 95% of Nigerians are actually NOT in a position to say if corruption has increased or decreased in the country because they lack the information to make that judgement, and that includes you.
your iq must be running in the nagatives mo..ron. if we all begin to carry out research individually, what will the polling organisations do? the statisticians etc. If somebody has a resource for carrying out a research and does so and idddiotic primitive minded animals like you disagree with it, why not bring your own research/poll and prove to us Nigeria is the most corrupt free nation in the word other than attacking credible organisations dumbass!
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by FreeGlobe(f): 11:10pm On Nov 15, 2012
This Rossikk element is a fool, while Nigeria keeps going down and down, its these type of elements that will be acting as if nothing is happening, as ig even blind men cannot see corruption walking on its two legs in Nigeria. A Mentally deranged fellow
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 15, 2012
FreeGlobe:
your iq must be running in the nagatives mo..ron. if we all begin to carry out research individually, what will the polling organisations do? the statisticians etc. If somebody has a resource for carrying out a research and does so and idddiotic primitive minded animals like you disagree with it, why not bring your own research/poll and prove to us Nigeria is the most corrupt free nation in the word other than attacking credible organisations dumbass!

Illiterate. LET'S EVEN TALK ABOUT YOUR GALLUP POLL. WHAT exactly was the Gallup poll measuring? First, the title of the article is WRONG. The Gallup poll took a poll of Nigerians and 94% of them said there was corruption. 96% of Kenyans said there was corruption. HOW DOES THAT MEAN THAT KENYA AND NIGERIA are the ''most corrupt nations on earth''?

DUNCE DUNCE DUNCE.
Re: Nigeria 2nd Most Corrupt Nation —gallup Poll by mikron(m): 11:18pm On Nov 15, 2012
i know nigeria is a corrupt country but i dont know of the 2nd position thing,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN / Ita Enang Reveals Oil Blocks Owned By Northerners (2013 news) / Senate Opens Condolence Register For Ali Wakili (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.