Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,690 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know (55627 Views)

Nigerian Celebrities You Never Knew Were From Kaduna State / Nigerian Celebrities You Didn’t Know Are From Royal Families (photos) / Celebrities You Didn't Know Originated From Kogi State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know by acidtalk: 9:30pm On Nov 15, 2012
FACTS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT NIGERIAN CELEBRITIES

Over the years I have the chance to work, socialize and be close friends with a whole lot of Nigerian celebrities from all sectors of the Entertainment Business. Be it Actors and Actresses, Musicians, Producers, DJs, Comedians, Fashion Designers, Producers and Directors, Models, Photographers, Writers and even Dancers.

When I am talking of celebrities, I am refering to the "A Class" who is who in their respective fields. As I am currently typing this, I can count nothing less than 186 of them I have on my BlackBerry contact and get to see at least 5 each week on a crucial business or social discussion as it maybe.

I have noticed that Nigerians have a very wrong perspective about their stars and as such also believe every single thing they read in the tabloids and hear on the news.

In order to cut a very long story short, below are some of the things Nigerians should know about their celebrities before getting envious or jealous of them.

* Even after coming from Grass to Grace so many of them still do thing that will take them back to Grass - How else can you explain when someone who barely has N2million in his account takes loan of N15million from a Finance lending us "on the ground of public figure" to acquire a single car of N8million, spends N3million to shoot his hit singles and in less than 2 months this same person is complaining of being extremely broke and looking for other means to collect another loan without settling the first.

Most of Nigerian celebrities live on VERY FAKE LIVES. They are only as rich as the car they drive and nothing else. There's this particular celeb that's stays in a uncles house in Lekki. This celeb made a public stunt claiming ownership of the house and the 2 exotic cars being used to cruise around. Unknown to the public, this celeb's uncle is the owner of the house and cars but because he is based overseas, he gave this particular celeb the keys to the house and car only for the celeb to paint a fake life claiming ownership of the properties.

There's this other young celeb who 2years back was a big name in the entertainment industry. This celeb was so big that under 6months of coming into limelight, was given several awards and toured different countries. This celebrity was so wasteful that he acquired a single automobile of N5.5million then while still squarting with a cousin. After he had a scuffle with his cousin, he moved in with a very good friend in his 2 bedroom apartment on the mainland. Neighbors had to report to the landlord of the house to evict the "main tenant" because as they put it, this particular celeb crawls night every single day and doesn't know the difference between night and day as a plays songs so loudly in the house and car that the effect is felt even 2 building away. When the main occupant was given the option of evicting the house or sending this celeb out, he chose the lather which saw the celeb moving into a room and parlour apartment in the outskirt of town. He was forced to go underground when he was being chased all over by people he owed and at a point, one of his close friends had to seize his only asset (the car) because he couldn't keep waiting on the promises of the day to be paid. Until other friends intervened before the car was given back to the Celeb.

This particular one is very handsome, a smooth talker and dresses very well. He is believed to be one of the richest in his field because he changes cars at least every other month. Unknown to the general public, all those cars except the very first car he bought which he gave to a friend to be using are all on lease. He was introduced by one of his girlfriends to a very big car dealer in town who agreed to always give him latest and exotic ride only on the condition that he will refer as many celebs as possible to come purchase their cars from the car dealer.

This is definitely going to shock a whole lot of people but it is a known fact to the "inner caucus" that 6 out of every 10 Nigeria reigning celebrities always act as Fronts for politicians, government workers and top rated fraudsters to help launder money overseas.
A lot of this celebrities (majority of them who are females) get between 5-15% of the toatal money to be laundered abroad. This explains why even when most of them have nothing to prove for their continuous travels overseas, they just never get to stop traveling. They always lie to the press they are on "tour" to about 6 countries at a go and people in those countries can't attest to them coming over for any performance. but the truth is they help this politicians and government workers stack away money.

Don't Be Glad You Have A Celebrity On Your Contact - If you have one notable celebrity on your Blackberry contant it is stressful enough most especially when the person is a musician or producer. Having more than one can be killing. Most of these celebrities are the worst broadcasters you can find on earth. A lot of them will send meaningless broadcast of shows they are not performing at or events they suggest you go to as early as 5:30am and as late as 2am. They usually don't know that even though their job keeps them on the road till that late at night, others with a different job type just will be sleeping at those odd hours.

There is this particular celeb that stays on a service flat on the Island and he particular told me he pays 6digits in DOLLARS per annum for the rent of his apartment. The sad thing is he NEVER allows his family members comeover to his apartment. His younger brother who earlier this year relocated to Lagos with the believe that he will wine and dine with his notable celeb of a brother was shocked to his marrows when the very day he came, his brother sent him to one of their other brothers place in the outskirt of Lagos with the excuse that his brother was going to be a distraction to his career. Whereas the truth his, he is trying to hide the extremely flamboyant lifestyle he is currently living. He basically gives his family a paltry sum in the name of upkeep whereas spends heavily on women, drinks, clothes (and hard drugs. Don't tell anyone I told you this).

......To Be continued

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know by acidtalk: 10:06pm On Nov 15, 2012
Before you pray or wish for the kind of lifestyle and wealth of that celebrity next time, just think and realize that "You Might Just Be Far Better and Happier Than Them Afterall"

3 Likes

Re: Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know by GenOrumov: 10:06pm On Nov 15, 2012
Acid, there is no use telling us all this if you can't/won't provide their names.

28 Likes

Re: Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know by acidtalk: 10:11pm On Nov 15, 2012
If I provide their names, you all will still go about calling me names and saying how am such a bad friend friend and a traitor.

Bet me, most people know the people I am talking about.

14 Likes

Re: Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know by Lawconfessor(f): 10:18pm On Nov 15, 2012
BRB sha

1 Like

Re: Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know by mrkels(m): 10:18pm On Nov 15, 2012
Who are you talking about? Say their names jare! Since you know so much about celebrities, lemme ask this one question...is Uti nwachukwu gayy?
Re: Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know by GenOrumov: 10:19pm On Nov 15, 2012
If you don't want to appear as a traitor, then you shouldn't be telling us about their lives unless if you want us to learn from their cases and that's understandable. But provide their names na... They won't know its you.

5 Likes

Re: Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know by acidtalk: 10:56pm On Nov 15, 2012
mrkels: Who are you talking about? Say their names jare! Since you know so much about celebrities, lemme ask this one question...is Uti nwachukwu gayy?

Truth be told, I don't roll with Uti. I have only met him on few occasions at events and I doubt if we have exchanged banters more than once. From people who are really close to him they certainly took that story to the press so who am I to confirm or deny the rumor.

1 Like

Re: Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know by Nobody: 11:33pm On Nov 15, 2012
Its not just naija celebs....celebs generally (worldwide). At the same time....you can't deny the fact that there are very successful ones....for instance omotola(the highest paid Nollywood actress) and genevieve (also highly paid Nollywood actress) are definitely not in this category. Celebs such as beyonce, Rihanna etc....are also not in this category of urs. Entertaining just like every other professions is made up of the rich and poor; the successfuls, upcomings& wretched!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know by acidtalk: 11:42pm On Nov 15, 2012
You are correct but note there was no where I said ALL of them.

Also being the highest paid doesn't mean the most successful. Haven't you seen people who earn N1million/month (go to KPMG, ACCENTURE, CGEVRON, NLNG and SHELL if you are in doubt) and yet still borrow money each passing month to meet up with their extremely high and wasteful lifestyle.

Amokachi once had a private jet.
Tyson once had over 200 automobiles in his garrage.
Michael Jackson Once had the biggest private ranch and musuem on earth.

All these men had wealth beyond their imagination but all ended up broke.

One of my best addage is "Show me a man who will taste poverty, wealth and then return to poverty and I will show you a man who got money he never dreamt of". Most people never imagined they will ever become rich that's why they treat money like their worst enemy.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know by mvwealth: 11:44pm On Nov 15, 2012
Pls I wil like to know more of dis celebrities cos d public is having a different view about them...help us pls..wat a world...
Re: Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know by acidtalk: 11:57pm On Nov 15, 2012
If by knowing more means revealing their names then I doubt if I would disclose that. The best I can do is give hints.

Only a very few of these people don't live a fake life. I would love to share my experiences with the ones who I have done business with and they are either still owing or practically refused to pickup my calls.

2 Likes

Re: Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know by nekaa(f): 12:03am On Nov 16, 2012
For reals? Wouldnt av guessed. If they stay broke that means am sure of ma entertainment..cause man must wack
Re: Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know by dangiwa09(m): 12:07am On Nov 16, 2012
acidtalk: You are correct but note there was no where I said ALL of them.

Also being the highest paid doesn't mean the most successful. Haven't you seen people who earn N1million/month (go to KPMG, ACCENTURE, CGEVRON, NLNG and SHELL if you are in doubt) and yet still borrow money each passing month to meet up with their extremely high and wasteful lifestyle.

Amokachi once had a private jet.
Tyson once had over 200 automobiles in his garrage.
Michael Jackson Once had the biggest private ranch and musuem on earth.

All these men had wealth beyond their imagination but all ended up broke.

One of my best addage is "Show me a man who will taste poverty, wealth and then return to poverty and I will show you a man who got money he never dreamt of". Most people never imagined they will ever become rich that's why they treat money like their worst enemy.

Since when did Michael Jackson end up broke?

3 Likes

Re: Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know by acidtalk: 12:07am On Nov 16, 2012
nekaa: For reals? Wouldnt av guessed. If they stay broke that means am sure of ma entertainment..cause man must wack

Come again please.
Re: Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know by acidtalk: 12:09am On Nov 16, 2012
dangiwa09:

Since when did Michael Jackson end up broke?

The dude was way broke few years before he died. A huge part of his earning and royalty fees were/will be used to offset debt before his family are given the rest.

2 Likes

Re: Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know by dabrake(m): 12:53am On Nov 16, 2012
If I'm to model my lifestyle after a Nigerian celebrity, I would do it like chioma chukwuka akpotha.

3 Likes

Re: Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know by slimyem: 1:30am On Nov 16, 2012
This Acidtalk...
Na im be pastor wey dey prophesy give us for Nairaland...
Na im get banker friend wey the wife pregnant for someone else..
Na im hin girlfriend father discover im id for Nairaland and cancel marriage things...
Na im them wan dash wife from the village..
Na im sabi every club wey dey Lagos..
Na im get fridge wey everthing wey dey supermarket full inside for house..
Na im get different experience wey 80 percent of Nairalanders nor get..
Na im come still get 186 celebrity contacts for BBM...
Na im be.......*in the next few posts or topics by him*watch out!
Na Acidtalk biko o!!!!

91 Likes

Re: Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know by MeGaStReEt: 1:35am On Nov 16, 2012
dabrake: If I'm to model my lifestyle after a Nigerian celebrity, I would do it like chioma chukwuka akpotha.

That village girl with water melon legs and bricklayer body #phewwwww

2 Likes

Re: Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know by dawoyo(m): 2:10am On Nov 16, 2012
MeGaStReEt:

That village girl with water melon legs and bricklayer body #phewwwww

grin grin grin O boy you bad well well ooooohhh shocked. By the way sha, the babe no get 1 level @ all.

1 Like

Re: Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know by acidtalk: 6:58am On Nov 16, 2012
slimyem: This Acidtalk...
Na im be pastor wey dey prophesy give us for Nairaland...
Na im get banker friend wey the wife pregnant for someone else..
Na im hin girlfriend father discover im id for Nairaland and cancel marriage things...
Na im them wan dash wife from the village..
Na im sabi every club wey dey Lagos..
Na im get fridge wey everthing wey dey supermarket full inside for house..
Na im get different experience wey 80 percent of Nairalanders nor get..
Na im come still get 186 celebrity contacts for BBM...
Na im be.......*in the next few posts or topics by him*watch out!
Na Acidtalk biko o!!!!

And what exactly is your point?
For you to memorize all my thhreads shows you are a very dedicated FAN of mine. *2 pako biscuit and half bottle of Tandi Guorana for you*

47 Likes

Re: Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know by whitedove1: 8:01am On Nov 16, 2012
Hehehehe! I tink say na only me knw this secret o!!! I personally has served d bad boy JIM IYKE coffee in my office in kaduna. My boss is a business to d core n he (JIM) taught he cud play a fast one on my boss but u knw wat dey say abt "wen theif jam theif Ω̴̩̩̩̥αђ!" Jim came wit one fake biz plan,he had contractors in aba that can imitate anytin as long as u show dem a sample of d original! Then was wen he was planing to start up his TAMED Boutique (no b me tell una say all d stuffs in his boutique na aba made O!) He wanted to do a collabo wit my Boss so that dos aba guys can produce wears for him and of course he wanted my boss to b his major sponsor!!! My boss just dey nod head dey lOok am wit smile!! Infact I vex serve him d blackest coffee he has eva tasted in his life!!! D guy jst dey form, he cudnt evn return d staffs greeting nor take pics! Least I frgt dat guys physique na apology...short, cock like shape head plus low self esteem dats why he is always wearing shades evn indoor!!! My boss loves cars, n JiM dint hesitate to use the cars as he pleased during his stay in KD he was driving d cars as if he owned dem. Plus na fr my boss how him dey eat plus crash sef (I guess). In short make I stop here I go send part two later...abt his family (sista's show of shame wen d finAlly visited d office) ....dey all live fake lives!!

5 Likes

Re: Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know by slimyem: 8:27am On Nov 16, 2012
acidtalk:

And what exactly is your point?
For you to memorize all my thhreads shows you are a very dedicated FAN of mine. *2 pako biscuit and half bottle of Tandi Guorana for you*
Remembering anything for me is effortless so don't get a hard-on cuz of that...
Just to remind you your e-reputation precedes you....figure!!

13 Likes

Re: Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know by acidtalk: 8:31am On Nov 16, 2012
Thanks for sharing.

The reality is MOST of this so called Celebrities are very inferior to the core set of people.

Lemme give you a brief hint.

Timaya : Always consoles in conversations about talking of his latest acquisation ride, belts and wrist watch. The dude is more concerned boring you with his material gains instead of normal discussion.

Omotola : carries her eyes and shoulders high and fails to return greetings from fans (I know she is only shy and fails to admit it because she is a very jovial person when with less crowd).

Klint the drunk : this dude is as shy and soft spoken as you can think of. Forget all the staggering on stage and the rest oh! The guy is humble in real life.

Chidi Mokeme : (bros, when next you wear that red shoe again, na slap I go slap you. Always on that red shoe and driving a red hummer, you be devil?) Truth be told, he is a very quiet person who is soft spoken in reality. Though he is a very bad sharp underground player.

Gordons : He is as lousy in reality like he is on stage. But there is always a story to learn from his. He doesn't try to form what he isn't. But I doubt if his fans and outsiders can say such.

Don Jazzy : Introvert to the extreme. Forget all the twitter noise. He loves his privacy to the chore and is always indoors sleeping. The guy humble and no get wahala at all.

Will continue later.

9 Likes

Re: Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know by acidtalk: 8:32am On Nov 16, 2012
slimyem: Remembering anything for me is effortless so don't get a hard-on cuz of that...
Just to remind you your e-reputation precedes you....figure!!

You just said that.
Re: Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know by Francheezy(m): 9:10am On Nov 16, 2012
Abeg, abeg, ÅÇ!DTÄLK, c0nt!nue, d!z thrEAd swEeT d!E

5 Likes

Re: Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know by Hardfact: 9:31am On Nov 16, 2012
Francheezy: Abeg, abeg, ÅÇ!DTÄLK, c0nt!nue, d!z thrEAd swEeT d!E
No be small.
@Acidtalk, Real talk man!

2 Likes

Re: Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 16, 2012
More plz... I luv Don jazzy personality. It's also applicable to mine

1 Like

Re: Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know by acidtalk: 10:02am On Nov 16, 2012
Aproko, na im una be.

There's this particular babe wey dey throw herself all over a particular guy I mentioned above some few months back.

This chick is fair in complexion, from the eastern part, chubby and very busty. Okay the gist is forget her 'creme' attitude oh! Once you have an SUV and dresses well and of course have a few dough to throw around, this girl will spread her legs 360 degrees for you without hesitation.

She is also very calm, not arrogant but have a few scuffles with her friends because of man wahala.

2 Likes

Re: Secrets About Nigerian Celebrities You Don't Know by acidtalk: 10:08am On Nov 16, 2012
honeypie311: More plz... I luv Don jazzy personality. It's also applicable to mine

I personally witnessed something in their house (while they were all still together with dbanj in lekki). I will forever respect jazzy with that single act. While I won't want to give details before Dbanj's suporters come and derail the thread, I must confess he showed me that age has got nothing to do with maturity. He is very matured unlike *lips sealed*

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage's Outfit To Toolz' Wedding In Dubai(Photos) / Picture Of Paul Okoye Chilling In His Sitting Room - Money Speaking / Efe Performs At AY Live: Fans Blast Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.