Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,553 members, 7,827,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) (9097 Views)

Nigeria Needs A Revolution - Pastor Tunde Bakare / Anambra industrial revolution pics / Fayose Openly Declines Omojuwa’s Invitation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by GARRIx7(m): 3:43pm On Nov 16, 2012
bubadaniel13: oya start the revolution lets see,is it not in Tunisia that somebody set himself ablaze for that course,what are u still waiting for?
MUMULICIOUS comment...... grin grin grin grin
Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by duni04(m): 3:43pm On Nov 16, 2012
cheddarking: I hate it when misguided and stup1d 'activists' make such Inciting comments.

If there is any Revolution in Nigeria, we would be utterly destroyed.

Somalia, Congo and Rwanda would be child's play compared to us.

This guy is such a retard.

What we need is good governance, not a bunch of cowboys running their mouths inciting people to destroy themselves.
Your father must be one of those thieves in Abuja angry
Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by Femzy24: 3:49pm On Nov 16, 2012
Murphy T: the saviour is here, i know exactly wot omojuju abi juwa wants, here is it...yeye boy...A BRAND NEW IPAD grin grin grin social media has really helped you...he dosent even no what he wants, i pity pple dat will follow him blindly...that's hw he did in d case of ipad, after fooling himself cos i wont say he fooled Nigerians, abusing arik, and gaining public sympathy, some follow follow ones joined in abusing arik, all of a sudden, after shaking hands with them behind close doors (dat same hand the streched to him initially), he stl came to social media and confess how flying with arik is d best and whoever says any thing concerning arik is strictly on his/her own..imagine d trash? and dat is the same thing he wants to do here, looking for sympathizers, i just pity him, when those playing the drums for him seize to play, then him eye go open.

you just know wot the yeye boy wants...*hisssss

Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by nlofficial(m): 3:49pm On Nov 16, 2012
cheddarking:

This is not about YOU

There are millions of people out there whose lives would be affected negatively by you and your fellow cowboys cavalier actions.

If you want to die , by all means Oblige YOURSELF.

But dont start something that could destroy other people's already miserble lives...

You must be part of the corrupt elites who are enjoying the loots.

Of course we have few millions who don't see anything wrong with the system because they don't go through what much more millions are going through.

If you are speaking for the government, clearly tell them that millions of Nigerians are suffering and being pushed to the wall.

To live, you have to fight. Before peace, comes war! Life has never been fair and that's part of the sh|ts we are going through.

YOU HAVE TO FIGHT!
Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by duni04(m): 3:52pm On Nov 16, 2012
rainbowman: Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, however, I'm tired of reading articles from some who possess an over inflated ego and who feel that they love this country more than others. Truth be told every right thinking Nigerian loves his country and wants the country to succeed, however, violent revolution has been proved over and over again not to be the answer to Nigeria's myriad of problems. Afterall, it was tried out in 1966 and look at where it got us. Rather, we should educate our people that they possess the power to vote out irresponsible governments and stand by their votes. Those who advocate violent change and are not adaptible to it will be first consumed by their demands. In a very heterogenous country such as ours violent change will only bring about bad blood and a very represive government determined by any means necessary to repress the conditions that brought about the change, while one would feel that its corruption, I say nay, its the freedom of speech and expression which allows us to say what ever we like without fear of being arrested that would be identified as the main problem. Be careful what you wish for Mr Omojuwa because you might very well get it and will regret it. A word is enough for the wise.
I totally disagree with you. Here people are not allowed to select the leaders of their choice because these same thieves we call politicians always rig themselves in. Are we supposed to continue watching while they rig themselves in and continue looting?
PS A revolution doesn't necessarily connote violent change. In the middle of the last decade, Georgians moved en mass to the Presidential palace, camped there and told the president except he resigned, they wouldn't leave. The same thing happened in Ukraine and so many other countries. No lives were lost. Please a revolution does not imply violent change. Yes we've practised the violent form of Revolution in this country and it didn't work. Its time to take the less violent approach.
Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by Truckpusher(m): 3:55pm On Nov 16, 2012
You really need to go back to your hIstory books and also take a critical look at the events that happened in the middle east and is still ongoing.The truth is Nigerians aren't pushed to the wall yet and may I remind you that even the most successfull of all revolution came from nowhere and the heads of kings and queens fell to the sword of the ordinary peasants....now I'm sending you a message for you to deliver it to your pay masters in Abuja....that message goes like this; a time will come when Nigerians would be united under one banner and their unity will not be shaken by religion , tribe, language , or region...so my friend while you and your criminal friends in Abuja continue to bask on the euphoria of our disunity to loot us blind do not fail to see that the people are tightening the noose on your neck for all of you to swing and die.
cheddarking:

And you think there is such a thing as "Nigeria's Younger Generation"?

What we have is Young Yoruba people

Young Hausa people

Young Igbo people

Young Christians

Young Muslims

Any Violence kicks off,and I can assure you that there can NEVER be a centralized push for better governance

All we will see are Tribal Militia's killing their own fathers, and raping their own sisters and subjecting their families into slavery in the name of "protecting their homeland".

Listen, I have no interest in trading insults, but in defusing the ticking timebomb such inciteful comments could create, and pouring sand on the embers of anarchy.

A violent revolution can NEVER solve Nigeria's problems. It can only make things a BILLION TIMES WORSE...

1 Like

Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by GARRIx7(m): 3:57pm On Nov 16, 2012
Truckpusher: You really need to go back to your hIstory books and also take a critical look at the events that happened in the middle east and is still ongoing.The truth is Nigerians aren't pushed to the wall yet and may I remind you that even the most successfull of all revolution came from nowhere and the heads of kings and queens fell to the sword of the ordinary peasants....now I'm sending you a message for you to deliver it to your pay masters in Abuja....that message goes like this; a time will come when Nigerians would be united under one banner and their unity will not be shaken by religion , tribe, language , or region...so my friend while you and your criminal friends in Abuja continue to bask on the euphoria of our disunity to loot us blind do not fail to see that the people are tightening the noose on your neck for all of you to swing and die.

The bolded part is one of our major challenges as a people

1 Like

Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by banki(m): 4:01pm On Nov 16, 2012
Idokojimmy: It is unfortunate that people with limited knowledge and understanding about workings of revolution are here ranting. Granted that Omojuwa is disenchanted with the present arrangement becos Elrufai isn't in the cabinet, let him start the revolutionary march. In a revolution, blood flows, whose child is he intending to sacrifice? Let him start by either burning himself, or killing himself, then others will follow.
This small boy is twitter drunk. He used his handle to discredit Arik because of IPad that he carelessly misplaced. Alas, today he is Arik's biggest fan, sympathizer, and model. He uses his handle to tell us how Arik is the best airline. Give his boss appointment now, and they will start telling people about efforts GEJ is putting to better this country. SSS follow Omojuwa? them no get work be that.

you guys arefunny when someone calls for action oor critizes this government you guys start to slander the person...

we are in a world where the social media is the in thing, nothing wrong in him critizsing the president or calling for a revolution because I and alot of nigerians are fed up with you and the people you support.

If Elrufai wanted a position in jonathans government do you honestly think he would not get it? the sooner you admit that GEJ is insincere and doesnt know about leadership the better, leadership is not luck!when other countries are advancing we are still here playing lip service.

El rufai left FEC as minister of fct in 2007 since then no other person can boast of the leadership qualities he showed as minister of FCT he has his faults though but GEJ was governor and deputy governor of bayelsa state and cannot boast of one single innovation or anything susbstancial achieved as in 8years in power people like you want us to let him do the same in nnigeria... God forbid
Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by edoyad(m): 4:26pm On Nov 16, 2012
solomonkane:

Try and apply the grey matter in that big cesspit stuck between your ears, it is not meant for decoration you know. What offence will it be classified as; treasonable felony, incitement to cause public disorder or what? SMH.

Even after the Expo you're asking me for the answer? I refuse to descend.
Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by Boss13: 4:52pm On Nov 16, 2012
solomonkane: Then the SSS must be a collection of even bigger idiots than I ever thought possible. I wait to see under what laws they will charge him; all he needs is a good lawyer, he will sue their backsides off and come out more popular and richer than ever. SMH.

You dey make noise. Just pray those guys don't come close to you (true experience)
Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by omosexy1: 4:56pm On Nov 16, 2012
I have been hearing about this guy (omojuwa). I don't know him nor understand him. What or who does he represent. If he thinks the president is inexperience and incapable of leading this country, he should kick start his campaign to run for president 2015. It is easier to criticise than to act. Perhaps the office of the president is too enormous and require a lot, he can run to become a chairman or councillor and teach the world how leadership should be. Calling for a revolution is a treason to the existence of the State and a criminal offence.
Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by cheddarking(m): 4:57pm On Nov 16, 2012
Truckpusher: You really need to go back to your hIstory books and also take a critical look at the events that happened in the middle east and is still ongoing.The truth is Nigerians aren't pushed to the wall yet and may I remind you that even the most successfull of all revolution came from nowhere and the heads of kings and queens fell to the sword of the ordinary peasants....now I'm sending you a message for you to deliver it to your pay masters in Abuja....that message goes like this; a time will come when Nigerians would be united under one banner and their unity will not be shaken by religion , tribe, language , or region...so my friend while you and your criminal friends in Abuja continue to bask on the euphoria of our disunity to loot us blind do not fail to see that the people are tightening the noose on your neck for all of you to swing and die.

Trash talk from a Trashy Mind...

Are you willing to mortgage the future of your kids(born or unborn) simply to 'Revolutionise'?

Do you know the extent of widespread Weapon proliferation in Nigeria today?

Every last raggamuffin these days is armed with an AK, and is not afraid to use it even with our incompetent National Security Apparatus...

What then happens when Law and Order as we know it breaks down as a result of your 'revolution'?

Who will stop the gang of armed robbers from using their hardware to gain control of your Neighboorhood?

What will stop the OPC from declaring themselves kings of Lagos?

Who will serve as buffer between Hausa/Fulani and the Berom?

Even here on NL we see countless incidents of tribal attacks daily...

Imagine a situation where people are free to attack without fear of consequence..

You id1ots just tend to spout such BS without actually THINKING....

2 Likes

Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by omosexy1: 5:01pm On Nov 16, 2012
cheddarking:

Trash talk from a Trashy Mind...

Are you willing to mortgage the future of your kids(born or unborn) simply to 'Revolutionise'?

Do you know the extent of widespread Weapon proliferation in Nigeria today?

Every last raggamuffin these days is armed with an AK, and is not afraid to use it even with our incompetent National Security Apparatus...

What then happens when Law and Order as we know it breaks down as a result of your 'revolution'?

Who will stop the gang of armed robbers from using their hardware to gain control of your Neighboorhood?

What will stop the OPC from declaring themselves kings of Lagos?

Who will serve as buffer between Hausa/Fulani and the Berom?

Even here on NL we see countless incidents of tribal attacks daily...

Imagine a situation where people are free to attack without fear of consequence..

You id1ots just tend to spout such BS without actually THINKING....

GOOD THINKING - GOOD POST. I think people requesting for this do not realise the breakdown of societal order and the hardship it would bring. Take a look at Egypt and Libya
Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by Joeadamu86: 5:04pm On Nov 16, 2012
omosexy1:

GOOD THINKING - GOOD POST. I think people requesting for this do not realise the breakdown of societal order and the hardship it would bring. Take a look at Egypt and Libya
The only revolution we need in Nigeria is to change our orientation and mindset,anything short of that will lead us to anarchy,those calling for revolution are still dreaming Nigeria must remain one.
Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by Joeadamu86: 5:10pm On Nov 16, 2012
Boss13:

You dey make noise. Just pray those guys don't come close to you (true experience)
Ahahaa....my experience with them when i was set up last year by my evil friend,changed my orientation abt them...no be joke them they for their office oh I fear die.
Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by omosexy1: 5:19pm On Nov 16, 2012
Joeadamu86: The only revolution we need in Nigeria is to change our orientation and mindset,anything short of that will lead us to anarchy,those calling for revolution are still dreaming Nigeria must remain one.

Perfectly said, we need to wake up from our slumber mentally and request for good governance not by violence but by the expression of our voting rights. Nigerians at the stage do not need a President that would come and start telling stories about building roads, provide water, housing and jobs without demonstrating how he would go about it and when he fails, he should think a second chance is automatically. Also Nigerians do not need to keep voting for a political party that they do not understand nor know what they represent. I also want to use this opportunity to challenge the Nigerian youths to step up and take their destiny into their hands by joining political parties and let their opinions be heard. OUR FATHERS HAVE FAILED US.
Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by lawyer(m): 5:38pm On Nov 16, 2012
Coming from a guy who abused Arik to infinity as thieves because of an ipad he negligently misplaced on an Arik flight and after 3 months + of wailing and throwing his toys out of the pram by rentlessly insulting Arik, the same Arik called him aside, gave him a new ipad and he kept quiet. He is even going as far as praising Arik! Lol If Romney was accused as a Flip Flopper, then Omojuwa should be Romney's dad in flip flopping. He is the biggest hypocrite on the planet.

Today he is talking about a revolution and thrashing GEJ to shreds but once they call him aside, give him a house, car and make him a special adviser on twitter matters, story will change. He is just an attention seeker and I stopped following him after the Arik hypocrisy. I feel sorry for his followers on twitter because he is just using them to achieve his selfish motive. He isn't an activist and shouldn't pretend to be one. Activism isn't about making noise and shaking the enemy's hands at the back, its about real change in leadership. Omojuwa is in it for material things especially if CPC does well. He doesn't care about you. He used his followers to get a new ipad and 3/4 of his followers am sure dont have one! So what did they gain joining him to abuse Arik? If he wants a revolution, he should start it and be at the front line and we would follow him. Shebi that's what activism is all about? Gani, oshimole, Falana, frank Kokori, Fasheun, Mko etc led the front line and we followed them, oya omojuwa, carry the gun and shoot first and we would follow you, rather than you leading a revolution from your bedroom via twitter.

1 Like

Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by seechris(m): 5:39pm On Nov 16, 2012
Omojuwa is not even within the shores of Nigeria.
Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by omosexy1: 6:06pm On Nov 16, 2012
seechris: Omojuwa is not even within the shores of Nigeria.
Where is he? I hear the guy gets paid to tweet, am I correct? Gosh, if this is true then I believe he must be high on something.
Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by lawyer(m): 6:18pm On Nov 16, 2012
omosexy1: Where is he? I hear the guy gets paid to tweet, am I correct? Gosh, if this is true then I believe he must be high on something.

Yes! He is so arrogant now that he believes he has the crowd! Someone was telling me the other day that he charges like N10,000 to mention your business via twitter! undecided

He is not even in power and he is collecting kickbacks for doing something charitable. The same people who follow him are the ones he is collecting tithes from to do pay per twit!

Can't wait for his revolution! Lol he is already giving us signs what his own definition of a revolution should be. Actually I care bout him but I feel sorry for his followers who are still so blind to see beyond his motives. Once he has used them thoroughly he will just abandon them to heir fate

1 Like

Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by mosunade(f): 6:23pm On Nov 16, 2012
All they do is preach revolution on the internet, but then cant take the steps. I bet his family is abroad.
Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 16, 2012
It seems the unintelligent folks on the thread think revolution means civil war, or they're just feigning ignorance because they benefit directly or indirectly from the corrupt government... Arab Spring in Tunisia and Egypt = revolution... Islamic revolution of Iran, French revolution, Cuban revolution etc. is the type of revolution Nigeria needs...

The death rate in Nigeria is more then 10,000 annually, so Nigerians shouldn't be scared of dying... The roads might be rough at the beginning, however, the end will always justify the means... Someone needs to break this vicious cycle of poverty, corruption, nepotism, filth, underdevelopment, death, destruction etc. Nigeria should be representing the future of the black race, not the rubbish it's right now... I guess that's why I post with anger on NL everyday because we're too blessed and we've too much potentials to be as messed up as we're right now, to be honest...

Smh at the ignorance of nlers... undecided
Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by obowunmi(m): 6:35pm On Nov 16, 2012
The pit-latrine smelling prick is in Europe.
Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by obowunmi(m): 6:39pm On Nov 16, 2012
lawyer: Coming from a guy who abused Arik to infinity as thieves because of an ipad he negligently misplaced on an Arik flight and after 3 months + of wailing and throwing his toys out of the pram by rentlessly insulting Arik, the same Arik called him aside, gave him a new ipad and he kept quiet. He is even going as far as praising Arik! Lol If Romney was accused as a Flip Flopper, then Omojuwa should be Romney's dad in flip flopping. He is the biggest hypocrite on the planet.

Today he is talking about a revolution and thrashing GEJ to shreds but once they call him aside, give him a house, car and make him a special adviser on twitter matters, story will change. He is just an attention seeker and I stopped following him after the Arik hypocrisy. I feel sorry for his followers on twitter because he is just using them to achieve his selfish motive. He isn't an activist and shouldn't pretend to be one. Activism isn't about making noise and shaking the enemy's hands at the back, its about real change in leadership. Omojuwa is in it for material things especially if CPC does well. He doesn't care about you. He used his followers to get a new ipad and 3/4 of his followers am sure dont have one! So what did they gain joining him to abuse Arik? If he wants a revolution, he should start it and be at the front line and we would follow him. Shebi that's what activism is all about? Gani, oshimole, Falana, frank Kokori, Fasheun, Mko etc led the front line and we followed them, oya omojuwa, carry the gun and shoot first and we would follow you, rather than you leading a revolution from your bedroom via twitter.

So on point my man, I feel utmost sympathy for his followers. To the fools paying 10k so that he can mention your businesses, how does this transition into real customers? Nigerians are extremely gullible.
Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by omosexy1: 6:41pm On Nov 16, 2012
shymexx: It seems the unintelligent folks on the thread think revolution means civil war, or they're just feigning ignorance because they benefit directly or indirectly from the corrupt government... Arab Spring in Tunisia and Egypt = revolution... Islamic revolution of Iran, French revolution, Cuban revolution etc. is the type of revolution Nigeria needs...

The death rate in Nigeria is more then 10,000 annually, so Nigerians shouldn't be scared of dying... The roads might be rough at the beginning, however, the end will always justify the means... Someone needs to break this vicious cycle of poverty, corruption, nepotism, filth, underdevelopment, death, destruction etc. Nigeria should be representing the future of the black race, not the rubbish it's right now... I guess that's why I post with anger on NL everyday because we're too blessed and we've too much potentials to be as messed up as we're right now, to be honest...

Where you in Lagos due the fuel subsidy protest? It was just a protest for 1 week and miscreants were having fun robbing, molesting and stealing. Now think of a REVOLUTION. I will give you a hints (looting, raping, killings e.t.c). Do you think miscreants possess a sound mind like you?
Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 16, 2012
omosexy1:

Where you in Lagos due the fuel subsidy protest? It was just a protest for 1 week and miscreants were having fun robbing, molesting and stealing. Now think of a REVOLUTION. I will give you a hints (looting, raping, killings e.t.c). Do you think miscreants possess a sound mind like you?

I wasn't in Lagos, however, don't you think something has to be done about Nigeria?

I was watching the documentary about the struggle of independence in Africa a couple of months ago - and the hopes of Africa/black race ever making it were placed on Nigeria.. Because it was the biggest(in terms of population and potentials at that time)... 52 years down the line, we're worse off - are you not ashamed and angry that Nigeria has failed the black race?? We're the pride of the black race, yet we continue to let everyone down!!
Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by cheddarking(m): 6:56pm On Nov 16, 2012
shymexx: It seems the unintelligent folks on the thread think revolution means civil war, or they're just ignorant because they benefit directly or indirectly from the corrupt government... Arab Spring in Tunisia and Egypt = revolution... Islamic revolution of Iran, French revolution, Cuban revolution etc. is the type of revolution Nigeria needs...

[b]Apart from the French Revolution, none of the other so called revolutions have left their citizens in a better state than they were earlier.However, that is besides the point...

Please see Demographic statistics below of the countries you've mentioned.

Tunisia: Some 98% of modern native Tunisians are from a sociological, historical and genealogical standpoint mainly of Arab and Berber descent. The constitution declares Islam as the official state religion and requires the President to be Muslim

Egypt: Egyptians are by far the largest ethnic group in Egypt at 91% of the total population. Approximately 90% of the population adheres to Islam and most of the rest to Christianity

Iran: 65% of Iranian are Persian. Religion in Iran is dominated by the Twelver Shia branch of Islam, which is the official state religion and to which about 90% to 95% of Iranians belong

France: At the time of the french revolution, France was full of FRENCH people

Cuba: The 2002 census figures supplied by the government claim that 65% of Cubans were white. Catholicism, which was brought to the island by Spanish colonialists at the beginning of the 16th century, is the most prevalent professed faith

All statistics courtesey of Wikipedia.

You will notice that in ALL the countries you mentioned, there is a Prevailing culture, ethnicity, and religion. Hence these people are able to work together towards a common goal.

Now see statistics for Nigeria:

Nigeria has more than 250 ethnic groups. According to a 2003 report, 50.4% of Nigeria's population are Muslims, 48.2% are Christians and 1.4% adhere to other religions. Among Christians, 27.8% are Catholic, 31.5% are Protestant and 40.7% belong to other Christian denominations

There is NO dominant Culture, there is no dominant Religion, there is no dominant Ethnicity. THERE IS NO COMMON GROUND.

Every tribe is looking out for its own.

Each child is a member of his tribe FIRST, and Nigeria SECOND.

With such a deep cultural and ethnic Divide, ANY sort of revolution is bound to end in Chaos and Anarchy.

The only way to change Nigeria is a slow and gradual process. Rock the boat, and we ALL sink....[/b]

2 Likes

Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 16, 2012
obowunmi: The pit-latrine smelling prick is in Europe.

Do I need to tell you that there's no "pit-latrine" in Europe? - and how do you expect me to take you seriously with a dumb handle like "obowunmi?"

FYI, I'm from Europe and I live here.... grin

However, I smell like money and lead a great and wonderful life as a young IT Professional... wink
Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by omosexy1: 7:02pm On Nov 16, 2012
shymexx:

I wasn't in Lagos, however, don't you think something has to be done about Nigeria?

I was watching the documentary about the struggle of independence in Africa a couple of months ago - and the hopes of Africa/black race ever making it were placed on Nigeria.. Because it was the biggest(in terms of population and potentials at that time)... 52 years down the line, we're worse off - are you not ashamed and angry that Nigeria has failed the black race?? We're the pride of the black race, yet we continue to let everyone down!!

Certainly I am not happy about the State of our Nation. Its potentials are enormous even a day old baby can smell it. I know certainly that Nigeria will not survive a revolution because there is so much hate. People will seize the opportunity to express this emotion (either to the rich, the police, landlords, ethnic groups, religious fanatics e.t.c). The revolution will become a useless one. Corruption is not our problem, a lot of people think corruption is. Nigeria's problem is its inability to produce pragmatic, creative, positive-thought/idea provoking leaders or one charismatic enough to surround himself with productive individuals. Also, the citizenry is yet to demand good governance by mounting pressure on the government. However, our awareness is increasing as this has been demonstrated during recent elections. What Nigeria needs are leaders who can harness the potentials in these country and not the ones telling us they will build roads and power (those issues should not be the core of your election campaign). Corruption doesn't stop our leaders to provide jobs or social amenities.

For 52 years our fathers have failed us, their generation think more of themselves than the nation. Their greed has drowned Nigerian in the bottomless pit of corruption and economic stagnation. I just believe they should give the younger ones the chance to take over and change things. This can be done by infiltrating political parties and not by typing on computer/browsing the internet. I am already a member and I can't just wait for 2015, 2019, 2023. Change is coming but slowly and surely it will come.

I think the notion of Nigeria being the greatest in Africa should be dropped. Some African nations (driven by responsible leaders) are taking decisive measures aimed at growing their economy and improving the standard of living of its citizens
Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 16, 2012
cheddarking:
[b]Apart from the French Revolution, none of the other so called revolutions have left their citizens in a better state than they were earlier.However, that is besides the point...

Please see Demographic statistics below of the countries you've mentioned.

Tunisia: Some 98% of modern native Tunisians are from a sociological, historical and genealogical standpoint mainly of Arab and Berber descent. The constitution declares Islam as the official state religion and requires the President to be Muslim

Egypt: Egyptians are by far the largest ethnic group in Egypt at 91% of the total population. Approximately 90% of the population adheres to Islam and most of the rest to Christianity

Iran: 65% of Iranian are Persian. Religion in Iran is dominated by the Twelver Shia branch of Islam, which is the official state religion and to which about 90% to 95% of Iranians belong

France: At the time of the french revolution, France was full of FRENCH people

Cuba: The 2002 census figures supplied by the government claim that 65% of Cubans were white. Catholicism, which was brought to the island by Spanish colonialists at the beginning of the 16th century, is the most prevalent professed faith

All statistics courtesey of Wikipedia.

You will notice that in ALL the countries you mentioned, there is a Prevailing culture, ethnicity, and religion. Hence these people are able to work together towards a common goal.

Now see statistics for Nigeria:

Nigeria has more than 250 ethnic groups. According to a 2003 report, 50.4% of Nigeria's population are Muslims, 48.2% are Christians and 1.4% adhere to other religions. Among Christians, 27.8% are Catholic, 31.5% are Protestant and 40.7% belong to other Christian denominations

There is NO dominant Culture, there is no dominant Religion, there is no dominant Ethnicity. THERE IS NO COMMON GROUND.

Every tribe is looking out for its own.

Each child is a member of his tribe FIRST, and Nigeria SECOND.

With such a deep cultural and ethnic Divide, ANY sort of revolution is bound to end in Chaos and Anarchy.

The only way to change Nigeria is a slow and gradual process. Rock the boat, and we ALL sink....[/b]

The ethnic/religious/cultural make up is beside the point here - it's the masses against elites, poor against the rich, and the downtrodden against the bullies... The power belongs to the people and the people make up more than 98% of the population... The voice of the masses is the voice of God - and this is the time to speak up and rock the boat....

Nigerians have waited for 52 years, and for 52 years the same thieving bastards have continued to destroy the people and the future of their unborn kids... It's either something drastic happens in Nigeria, or the country would end in an inevitable civil war... However, the only way to avoid a civil war is through revolution - the choice is yours!! People can't be docile forever, trust me - something must give way with time...
Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by obowunmi(m): 7:08pm On Nov 16, 2012
shymexx:

Do I need to tell you that there's no "pit-latrine" in Europe? - and how do you expect me to take you seriously with a dumb handle like "obowunmi?"

FYI, I'm from Europe and I live here.... grin

However, I smell like money and lead a great and wonderful life as a young IT Professional... wink

I know you love the attention but wasn't speaking to you - Omojuwa is in Europe.
Re: SSS On Omojuwa's Tail As He Calls For A Revolution (Pics) by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 16, 2012
omosexy1:
Certainly I am not happy about the State of our Nation. Its potentials are enormous even a day old baby can smell it. I know certainly that Nigeria will not survive a revolution because there is so much hate. People will seize the opportunity to express this emotion (either to the rich, the police, landlords, ethnic groups, religious fanatics e.t.c). The revolution will become a useless one. Corruption is not our problem, a lot of people think corruption is. Nigeria's problem is its inability to produce pragmatic, creative, positive-thought/idea provoking leaders or one charismatic enough to surround himself with productive individuals. Also, the citizenry is yet to demand good governance by mounting pressure on the government. However, our awareness is increasing as this has been demonstrated during recent elections. What Nigeria needs are leaders who can harness the potentials in these country and not the ones telling us they will build roads and power (those issues should not be the core of your election campaign). Corruption doesn't stop our leaders to provide jobs or social amenities.

For 52 years our fathers have failed us, their generation think more of themselves than the nation. Their greed has drowned Nigerian in the bottomless pit of corruption and economic stagnation. I just believe they should give the younger ones the chance to take over and change things. This can be done by infiltrating political parties and not by typing on computer/browsing the internet. I am already a member and I can't just wait for 2015, 2019, 2023. Change is coming but slowly and surely it will come.

However, how long are the people going to wait for, for things to change? Nigerians have waited for 52 years and for 52 years it has been the same vicious cycle of poverty, death, corruption, destruction etc. I don't think Nigerians want to wait any longer - and it's either we do something now, or the inevitable disintegration happens... Can't you see that all the different ethnic groups in Nigeria have started campaigning for autonomy? - and the longer things continue the way it's, the louder their voices are going to get...

We're more divided than ever and everyone has started aligning with their different ethnic groups and if things don't change, a bloody civil war would be inevitable...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Behind 2023 Posters Of Our Leaders — APC / Pregnant Woman Suffers Miscarriage In KAI Detention / Contract Scam: SGF Sets Presidency, Senate On Collision Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.