Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,909 members, 7,810,501 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp (44350 Views)

Here Are Photos Of Corpers Being Punished In Camp / Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages / Picture Of Corpers (ladies) Fighting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by Biim: 1:31pm On Nov 18, 2012
Hahhaahhahhhaah,am not surprised anything can happen in Delta camp, during my time my hostel bought a job the army guys stormed my hostel in the night and ordered us to carry our mattress to d parade ground.some people were barely dressed, a girl had to use her mattress to cover herself,when we got to the parade ground they asked us to line up with our mattresses on our heads.The weather was very cold but they kept us there until someone fainted and we were asked to go back to our hostel.It didn't end there oh! We were asked to clean up our hostel that night. Op Iselu-uku camp is quite stressful but its fun towards the end. Camp was really an experience, I bought job die.
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by ashaju33: 1:33pm On Nov 18, 2012
joseph1832: As an Ex Corps member, I want to say that picture above is demeaning and insulting to all the corps members who knelt down! How can you ask them to kneel over something they virtually know nothing of! The girl who lost her wedding ring reported to OBS it is now left for NYSC officials and the soldiers to investigate. The hightest a soldier is allowed to do as punishment is to tell you to do frog jump or tell you to sit on the ground! When I was in camp by Batchcarried out an Aluta because of the oppressive ways our state cordinator was handling us and she was removed! Please corps members should stand for their self respect and image.
yes you are right. i remembered when i was serving too during our camping period, a soldier man harassed a corper and we all protested. the two soldiers were locked up and punished for that and the state coordinator apologized. but its a pity that most corpers dnt know their right while still in camp. believe me thats the only time 9ja govt caters for you....so enjoy ursef in camp to the fullest

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by lordGrad: 1:33pm On Nov 18, 2012
Common people this happens everytime, everywhere. Its one of the perks of NYSC camp, trust me after camp it would be laughed over. Sides a little discipline and martial law is always beneficial especially to young folks
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by Pakavy(m): 1:35pm On Nov 18, 2012
12 inches!:
All of you double up jare....Naughty corpers. Awon otondo...lwkmd. During my own camp I was a crook. I no dey go parade....My own 3 weeks na for maami market with a bottle of gulder....Na everytime I dey lie say I sick just to escape soldier.
the sojas call it malingering..u were lucky none of dem place a spot lyt on u
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by ghettodreamz(m): 1:37pm On Nov 18, 2012
Oga oooo..No doubt, soldiers are deadly animals...

Omo na serious offense ooooo, but is kneeling down the NEXT thing? She was being careless to have lost her wedding ring, must everybody pay for her carelessness?

@Soldiers.... Serious, abomination.. Yeepa! *SmdhSeriously* undecided undecided

@OP; Next time this kind of thing happens, tell the commandant you are not serving any punishment cuz your dad is a Lieutenant Colonel @ Nigerian Army and don't forget 2 holla @ me... grin grin grin grin
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by Pakavy(m): 1:38pm On Nov 18, 2012
Op,just zero ur mind and consider urself a bloody kurata instead of a graduate 4 d nxt 3weeks.gudluck
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by jamace(m): 1:41pm On Nov 18, 2012
A-J-U-W-A-Y-A!!! grin
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by roymary: 1:43pm On Nov 18, 2012
This is why the Military regime must NOT return.
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by hagma37yahoocom: 1:47pm On Nov 18, 2012
k2039: If I hear say I kneel down
u go knee down dole back in IMO state camp we all sat in a very dirty water in the name of punishment
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by Rastamann: 1:48pm On Nov 18, 2012
It is part of the fun
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by olu4life(m): 2:14pm On Nov 18, 2012
kneeling down na small thing for here o. Corpers wey dey here go happy if na d punishmnt b dat. For my side in kebbi state o,na yash up. Dis punishmnt is d worst u can ever do,presently in camp. I don vow say if dem tell me mak i yash up,i go just pretend faint. Dey wil force u to go to social nite,everytin na by force hea plus dos fuckin borin lectures. U wouldnt even imagine dem pourin u water in a very very cold mornin.
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by gp66(m): 2:18pm On Nov 18, 2012
no soldier hav the right to purnish any corper. It is neva constitutional even in the nysc by-laws. It seems some corps members dnt knw their rights. Read ur By-laws given to u. As graduate u shud read what ever given to u in the camp. Camp director or camp commandant is there in the camp. Report this mass purnishment to him or her. It is neva done anywhere in Orientation camps.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by chochoman: 2:19pm On Nov 18, 2012
Na the time for those boys to feel important.Towards Ūя̲̅ stay in camp,d rubbish go stop cos they knw U̶̲̥̅̊ can become a commissioner or even go on short service commission to become a superior officer.Just endure it.And by the way,Makelele dey?
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by omoobajeje1(m): 2:19pm On Nov 18, 2012
you are right ♍Ɣ brother its nothing seriuos and its J̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊t̲̥̅̊ 4 the fun of going 2 camp. If you've been there b4 you will understand what I'm saying and all will be unforgettable memories after the camping.
la furia: is just for 3 weeks, kini big deal. u will laugh about it after camp.
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by mayorcowboy: 2:21pm On Nov 18, 2012
After kneeling u guys down, did the soldier able to find the ring ?
or he just punished u guy without any further attempt to find the ring?
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by MissMab: 2:28pm On Nov 18, 2012
My husband is not use 2 hard life abeg... dey beta not try dat frog jump rubish on him. some help me tell dem dat.
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by ypzilanti: 2:31pm On Nov 18, 2012
During my NYSC days, we dislodged our camp commandant for flogging a corper. I'm not kidding, we rioted and took over the camp. State coordinator had to come and calm things down by redeploying the commandant..

After the 'coup' we had a fun filled experience in the camp. The soldiers were scared of us by that time. grin

Mass action is a wonderful thing. If only we could do same in Naija.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by robert2051(m): 2:36pm On Nov 18, 2012
@super1759; commandant ought to have bought u the green bottle, or at least give u a medal for civilian briliance. lol!
Dude.
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by elampiro(m): 2:37pm On Nov 18, 2012
This never happened during my time.

It is strange that graduates are dehumanised like this, it is even more strange that almost everyone here accepted this as normal. I served in Ipaja camp Lagos, those days the soldier gave us our due respects as graduates. They knew their limits. How did it degenerate to this level?

Perhaps the NYSC coordinators are no longer in charge lof their duties. We are talking of graduates here. I didn't for once heard anyone got flogged or did frog jump or made to kneel down for any reason. I knew corp members were summoned to the their the authorities offices, but non came to give report of corporal punishment.

I am so surprised that graduate are meant to kneel down and raise their hands under the sun. I am not sure the governors are aware of this. As far as my memory can take me back, no soldier came into our hall at night. We were never waken up at odd hours.

I think there is more to this these days. The soldiers are really having a field day.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by Horlawoomey(m): 2:37pm On Nov 18, 2012
If they try am wit me, the SOLDIERS go porge tire. They know where i bin dey come from.
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by GeneralGaricks: 2:37pm On Nov 18, 2012
mko abiola: Lol.
Na normal tin b ds .
Sojas will alwys use force on u.
I xperience same tin,wen I was in d camp.
A colleague lost hs fone in my hostel,den I was d hostel marshal.
I repoted to d sojas,de didn't tak action dat day,d 3rd day,dey bursted our hostel wit their usual gra gra,dey ask for d hostel marshal,dey woke me up by 1am.
All corpmembers kneel down outside till d following morning,I search all d 99 bags in d hostel bt we cudnt see d fone.I will nva forget dat day.we no sleep dat day,lol
Bt dey pardon only me cos I was d hostel marshal checking all d bags.

Isnt it si.lly that they are searching for an item that got missing 3days after

@topic, wedding ring may even be 2k model. Mtschew. Carelessness may be the reason for the loss.
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by skullz: 2:39pm On Nov 18, 2012
especially airforce MILITARY School Jos.
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by elampiro(m): 2:42pm On Nov 18, 2012
ypzilanti: During my NYSC days, we dislodged our camp commandant for flogging a corper. I'm not kidding, we rioted and took over the camp. State coordinator had to come and calm things down by redeploying the commandant..

After the 'coup' we had a fun filled experience in the camp. The soldiers were scared of us by that time. grin

Mass action is a wonderful thing. If only we could do same in Naija.

Good. During my time, we were gods to the soldiers. I can't believe what I am hearing now. The soldiers are taking advantage of the ignorance of these corp members. I am so surprised how the young people are celebrating it as normal.

Na who born the soldier those days. If the corp member should raise this issue up, there will be a drastic change in the attitude of the soldiers.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by delta1: 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2012
@kinggenesis u ll do more if u r in their situation.there's a place call Maritime Academy of Nigeria or NDA
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by maxproxl: 2:51pm On Nov 18, 2012
No big deal. Durin my days at iyana ipaja camp in lagos, we were forced to sit on bare floor for long hours under the hot sun. Soldiers flogged some corpers eating at the mammy market while parade was on.
I only used ten days on camp due to my business but that period was very unpleasant, l saw soldiers tearin trousers of female corpers with scissors on their body just because its a customised type. Some soldiers busted female hostels while they were bathing rushin them out for the mornin parade.

To me nysc is crap and shld be scrapd. Its just a means for the govt to embezzle funds. Do u know that the budget for each corpers uniform is 75,000 and all u get is a set of poor quality clothes. Not to mention the food and hostel condition. A soldier flogged a corper in one of the south eastern states few years ago and she later died. Its so sad and painful
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by wiegraf: 2:53pm On Nov 18, 2012
la furia: is just for 3 weeks, kini big deal. u will laugh about it after camp.

Typical suffering and smiling attitude. Do you wonder why we never go anywhere? It's mostly because people never use their heads and just blindly accept anything their masters dish out. Have you heard of critical thinking? What did the soldiers achieve with this eediocy? To be fair, you're probably happy as you are hence you're still smiling. You don't see the need to do anything about the situation in this $hitstorm of a country. Or you simply don't know you're suffering.

Don't take this rant personally btw, I'm venting at the general stoopid of the mentality. It seems to be ingrained in most nigerians, y'all gleefully encourage this behavior in all its shapes and forms. I'm sure you're a cool guy when not suffering and smiling, or perpetuating it

7 Likes

Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by elampiro(m): 2:58pm On Nov 18, 2012
Please people should stop saying these things are normal. This is dehumanizing, and it is abnormal. It is a shame to the corp member who cannot complain about this to the coordinator and the press.

Never, never and never did I see one single person treated this way during my time. Not one, and I mean it. The soldiers are really having undue power these days and taking advantage of corp members.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 18, 2012
wiegraf:

Typical suffering and smiling attitude. Do you wonder why we never go anywhere? It's mostly because people never use their heads and just blindly accept anything their masters dish out. Have you heard of critical thinking? What did the soldiers achieve with this eediocy? To be fair, you're probably happy as you are hence you're still smiling. You don't see the need to do anything about the situation in this $hitstorm of a country. Or you simply don't know you're suffering.

Don't take this rant personally btw, I'm venting at the general stoopid of the mentality. It seems to be ingrained in most nigerians, y'all gleefully encourage this behavior in all its shapes and forms. I'm sure you're a cool guy when not suffering and smiling, or perpetuating it
finally read something that made sense
we live in a democratic nation and supposed adults are still being treated this way and people say its ok,thats why police arrest anyone thet deem fit and they get sent to jail for offenses they did not commit but its ok cos its a part of the nigerian system

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by Fadenitan(m): 3:03pm On Nov 18, 2012
All this are not new at all,it is part of d fun and experience in NYSC camp.The military guys want you to know they are in control of d camp.My experienced in camp was like a military coup,we are bursted,drilled for more than five hours,our offence was that one of us mistakely step on d camp commander during d endurance works.I will not forget that day, but all d same it was fun.
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by Itoroetti(m): 3:03pm On Nov 18, 2012
kinggenesis: wahala dey ooo....... I can't just picture my self kneel down just because of one silly fellow.
u wont kneel down cos u never serve b4 or u bribed ur way out.
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by elampiro(m): 3:03pm On Nov 18, 2012
maxpro-xl:
No big deal nah. Durin my days at iyana ipaja camp in lagos, we were forced to sit on bare floor for long hours under the hot sun. Soldiers flogged some corpers eating at the mammy market while parade was on.
I only used ten days on camp due to my business but that period was very unpleasant, l saw soldiers tearin trousers of female corpers with scissors on their body just because its a customised type. Some soldiers busted female hostels while they were bathing rushin them out for the mornin parade.

To me nysc is crap and shld be srapd. Its just a means for the govt to embezzle funds. Do u know that the budget for each corpers uniform is 75,000 and all u get is a set of poor quality clothes. Not to mention the food and hostel condition. A soldier flogged a corper in one of the south eastern states few years ago and she later died. Its so sad and painful

Which year did you serve? I am sure these things are recently introduced. The soldiers are really taking advantage of corp members. Imagine 'tearing a female corp member trouser with scissors and bursting female bathroom'. The soldier are enjoying it and having a fied day.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by nusirat(m): 3:10pm On Nov 18, 2012
This is not a big deal, why someone call Him or her self graduate go and steal wedding ring is it a good thing? ILE Ni a ti keso rode, Bi elese ba un jiya olododo a pin nibe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Change NYSC Date Of Birth During Online Registration / Burial Photos Of Corper Who Drowned In Bayelsa Boat Accident; Friends Mourn / Soldier Threatens To Lick A Corper Like Tomtom At Delta NYSC Camp (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.