Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,961 members, 7,810,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp (44352 Views)

Here Are Photos Of Corpers Being Punished In Camp / Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages / Picture Of Corpers (ladies) Fighting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 18, 2012
mko abiola: Lol.
Na normal tin b ds .
Sojas will alwys use force on u.
I xperience same tin,wen I was in d camp.
A colleague lost hs fone in my hostel,den I was d hostel marshal.
I repoted to d sojas,de didn't tak action dat day,d 3rd day,dey bursted our hostel wit their usual gra gra,dey ask for d hostel marshal,dey woke me up by 1am.
All corpmembers kneel down outside till d following morning,I search all d 99 bags in d hostel bt we cudnt see d fone.I will nva forget dat day.we no sleep dat day,lol
Bt dey pardon only me cos I was d hostel marshal checking all d bags.

bros whr u hide d missing fone? Badt guy
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by Jilo83(m): 5:46pm On Nov 18, 2012
Is Sok 09/10 BatchA in d house? Did u remember capt Kore? Take it up from here.
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by Coldfaya(m): 6:12pm On Nov 18, 2012
lekzwyc: Here in Delta state, we have been subjected to undeserve punishment from these so called soldiers. A girl lost her wedding ring in her hostel, she reported to OBS (orientation broadcasting service) before we knew it everybody were asked to kneel down under the sun like nursery school student. We call it "buying job". Every little offence here na frog jump we go dey do...ehhh!!! double! double!...I tire ooo

Hahahaha......dat is Saint Obi in d picture......my platoon commander dat year........iselluku camp bin brutal small sha buh fun.
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by bengunsman(m): 7:05pm On Nov 18, 2012
This is no big deal, in western countries and even egypt graduates are meant to serve in d military for 1 year and d training is unimaginable. Some are even deployed to Iraq for full combat so I see nothing wrong in what is going on in d pics
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by deolu2000(m): 7:23pm On Nov 18, 2012
Am in afikpo camp at Ebonyi state,we face worse treatment here.frog jumping,scoldwns and just diz afternoon we sat on d floor for several minutes.just don't know why,but am not taking offence.
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by Don4life: 7:26pm On Nov 18, 2012
kinggenesis: wahala dey ooo....... I can't just picture my self kneel down just because of one silly fellow.
den u will go home with one eye nao
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by searay2(m): 7:29pm On Nov 18, 2012
Please where is the punishment? This is just normal. Infact this is the fun about that.
During my time, by this time I would have fainted and my guys will take me to clinic and we'll stay there till the punishment is over.
@OP wise up!
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by QEFRAN6: 7:41pm On Nov 18, 2012
Super1759: Hahahahahha. This pix reminds me of the chaos I caused when I was in camp.
Normally,10pm is light out. So me and my guys were gisting and I suddenly gave a loud roar of laughter, I didn't even notice the commandant was at the hostel door.
"Quiet every one here" we were at the extreme,we ignored him(we thought he ws a mere soldier).
The next we had was " everyone jump out,on your knees"
At that point,people start trooping out kneeling down on the hard rock, I realised say wahala deh, I sneaked inbetween a ghana-must-go and a cupboard by my bedside,unseen. All other people went out,on their knees and asked to walk to the field, that's the highest punishment I have ever seen, people's knees were bruised and some were crying like baby(even my guy). when they got to the field,they were asked to produced the noise maker, one aboki volunteered to find me, he couldn't find me in the crowd. They were again asked to roll to the next post,until they produce me (they know me very well but can't say how I disappeared),I was peeping from the window. So when the commandant noticed their innocency, he said "that boy must be a crook,he must have sneaked away" he collected my name and platoon number.
To cut the story short,I was on the run till the camp fire night,when I went to him. I gave him a grEen bottle and we became cool friends(I still have his number now), my platoon commandant will always signal me when they come to look for me in the field. No be small thing, that's the highest fun I had.

Nice one bro.....fun indeed. My experience was woiw at fika in yobe state in 2007
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by saintgwizard(m): 8:01pm On Nov 18, 2012
hey do that knowing fully well you guys know not that you are not supposed to be punished that way. If u doubt me, when next a soldier want to drill u, just refuse to take his order and u will be surprise he will leave you alone. Don't even know why we still have NYSC. sad
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by gbengalite(m): 8:04pm On Nov 18, 2012
During my days @Agwu camp Enugu, while sleeping around 1:00am soldiers came to wake us up and we were forced kneel down outside.
While on the kneel we were pleading and asking what have we done to deserve this.. A soldier replied "shut up illiterate graduate fond of defecating around the hostel entrance "
....lol
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by Rhymez(m): 8:21pm On Nov 18, 2012
k2039: If I hear say I kneel down
guy stop blabbin. I said that too and I knelt down.
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by bigfrancis21: 8:21pm On Nov 18, 2012
Geez...and my posting comes up in february...got the chills... cry cry
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by elitejosef: 8:40pm On Nov 18, 2012
grin u never see something you they shout, go ask of bello, fada of selling job, abeg relax jor
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by lincoln08541(m): 8:41pm On Nov 18, 2012
lekzwyc: Here in Delta state, we have been subjected to undeserve punishment from these so called soldiers. A girl lost her wedding ring in her hostel, she reported to OBS (orientation broadcasting service) before we knew it everybody were asked to kneel down under the sun like nursery school student. We call it "buying job". Every little offence here na frog jump we go dey do...ehhh!!! double! double!...I tire ooo
bros wetin u dey do so u wan buy job.bello dey here 4 niaraland o
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by Dinmajudith: 8:43pm On Nov 18, 2012
Super1759: Hahahahahha. This pix reminds me of the chaos I caused when I was in camp.
Normally,10pm is light out. So me and my guys were gisting and I suddenly gave a loud roar of laughter, I didn't even notice the commandant was at the hostel door.
"Quiet every one here" we were at the extreme,we ignored him(we thought he ws a mere soldier).
At that point,people start trooping out kneeling down on the hard rock, I realised say wahala deh, I sneaked inbetween a ghana-must-go and a cupboard by my bedside,unseen. All other people went out,on their knees and asked to walk to the field, that's the highest punishment I have ever seen, people's knees were bruised and some were crying like baby(even my guy). when they got to the field,they were asked to produced the noise maker, one aboki volunteered to find me, he couldn't find me in the crowd. They were again asked to roll to the next post,until they produce me (they know me very well but can't say how I disappeared),I was peeping from the window. So when the commandant noticed their innocency, he said "that boy must be a crook,he must have sneaked away" he collected my name and platoon number.
To cut the story short,I was on the run till the camp fire night,when I went to him. I gave him a grEen bottle and we became cool friends(I still have his number now), my platoon commandant will always signal me when they come to look for me in the field. No be small thing, that's the highest fun I had.
badoooooooooosky grin
badoooooooooosky
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by Saraha1(f): 8:51pm On Nov 18, 2012
there is no big deal ,to them (corp member )is rubbish but I can tell you at your PPA you will have something or experience of these kind to share ,is just three weeks !!!(make na catch na fun b\4 3weeks go come oh!! or else you are on you own!!!!!! lol.
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by Sike(m): 9:00pm On Nov 18, 2012
This is serious o!
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by Mustay(m): 9:52pm On Nov 18, 2012
dabossman:

I'm not, but I did my primary assignment on a military base after the 3 weeks camp. We were afforded officers status because we were graduates and even old sergeants respected us. I often felt embarrassed when grandfathers called me 'sir' or served me at the officer's mess.

But in that one year I got to appreciate the discipline and the intricacies of the chain of command. Young Lieutenants who were my mates treated us as equals. Your graduate degree is actual respected in the military set up, but not when you are in training, be it short service or NYSC.

Oga, please tell me where in the bye laws that it's permitted for such treatments to be meted out to corpers? Don't equate the cantoment to the orientation camp. The soldiers are merely taking advantage of the corpers' ignorance. Even when you leave camp and you're still serving, you'd only be foolish to let any soldier 'frog jump' you - call it 'mouth' or warreva, but the ignorant person pays for his/her ignorance.

The state coordinator never allowed such a thing to happen. There are camps where things like this happens but there are also camps where the state coordinator reminds the corpers of their rights. Nobody flogs them bros!!!
We need to separate personal sentiments, anomalies in everyday Nigeria from the NYSC act here.

"Government shoe is not your size".

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by patwilly(m): 10:01pm On Nov 18, 2012
Seriously, this sh!t is getting out of hand. I'm a Batch C corper in camp @kebbi state and just this evening, a number of boys were forced to lie on the bare floor in the presence of everyone during our social night by a camp official. I mean their offence(if u call it an offence) wasn't even such a serious one...!-they were slow in standing up to sing the NYSC anthem(who isnt tired of that dull, monotonous, rythmless drag...) I find the punishment completly demeaning and if it were me, they'd have had a lot to contend with. Nobody says discipline shouldn't be enforced but certainly telling a full grown man dressed in white and white to lie down on the floor in the full glare of everyone is downright barbaric!The last time i was subjected to that sh!t was way back in Sec skul and Hell, it wasn't funny!

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by patwilly(m): 10:06pm On Nov 18, 2012
What in heck's name is "droppings"..? Seun, why u carry my tongue put where e nor belong? Na wao ooo
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by zikclassiq(m): 10:19pm On Nov 18, 2012
no kneel see na. Ur leg naim go sufaram
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by chessguru1(m): 10:20pm On Nov 18, 2012
Guy relax jor. I am a batch b copper in delta state. There is nothing there. Its all fun don't make it sound like a big ish.
We went thru even worse when a copper slapped a soldier in our batch. But even d punishment was done by us snaping pictures nd aving fun.
Consider it an initiation process. I see most of all those soldiers in dat camp in warri, ughelli nd dey pet any copper like no man business.
I hugged one in agofure park d other day because I was a copper. Quit whining abeg nd enjoy ur stay
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by chessguru1(m): 10:23pm On Nov 18, 2012
E clear say u neva serve yet
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by chessguru1(m): 10:29pm On Nov 18, 2012
Badt guy. For your mind u b despirado shey. Which boarding sch u go abeg. That kind dodging skillz is legendary
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by gidigbi(m): 10:48pm On Nov 18, 2012
I was platoon 1 parade commander while on camp in Bayelsa state...05/06 batch b...and I worry the military men die...won't forget the day the RSM used his stick on me on parade ground... where all corp members dey watch...I forget parade and raked for the man wella while the camp commandant watched...after parade, the commandant called forward all platoon parade commanders and stylishly apologized to us then asked the RSM to act orderly...we were friends afterwards though....for those who were there...I was popularly called KAPPA....
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 18, 2012
8- platoon shunnnn.......

That one na small thing o,
common kneel down una de complain, for my time we do frog jump round orientation camp because person wallet loss
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by bisi16(m): 10:58pm On Nov 18, 2012
dabossman: Na your mates dey do 1yr compulsory military train after college graduation for some foreign countries, you dey complain of frog jump and kneeling down.

NYSC scheme involves a bit of paramilitary training. It nothing to groan about.
Well said. And for those who are yet to pass thru it, I bet u, u'll laugh abt it at d end and be glad u experienced it.. Dats our Iselle uku camp.
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by jecca(m): 10:58pm On Nov 18, 2012
This was small to what I passed through at kaima camp bayelsa it was mean, we copper A̶̲̥̅®ε̲̣̣̣̥ afriad 2 offend or disobey order in any way 2 avoid making u̶̲̥̅̊ scape goat A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ a public stunt,kneeling down A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ lying flat Ȋ̝̊̅§ almost part of every day activity. One occasion that maveled M̶̲̥̅Ƹ was after lights out A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ the next hostel to our A̶̲̥̅®ε̲̣̣̣̥ making loud noise , the army came A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ brought all of them out A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ sat them down in swamp stinkin urine dump, its was wicked, our passing out day that we A̶̲̥̅®ε̲̣̣̣̥ already dressed in oour 7/7 wating for the governor , part of us were mobilized to pack all the foams littered around, the army guy had 2 carry stagnant water from the gutter A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ spray 2 our kaki 2 hasten the work , its was wicked, 1 guy u̶̲̥̅̊ decided to challange was subjected 2 serious humiliation OMG.
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 18, 2012
Y will i kneel down?she lost her ring so watsome of us our mama reach 70yearz she no wear ring wetin i go kum use ordinary corper ring do with.";-)so y is a topic?
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by ideylaff: 5:16am On Nov 19, 2012
www.nairaland.com/attachments/886909_Screen_20121117_20035_jpg5e6a0d2f3114f2272cefb21cd96cd83b

Thats so sad.. in my own opinion... ds is not the stone age. damn

Also why is the man in the pic wearing a ladies Top LOL..... who dash am.. thats pretty embarassing... to have a sky blue ladies top on and be feeling cool
Re: Picture Of Corpers Being Punished By Soldiers In Camp by Echepet(m): 6:45am On Nov 19, 2012
its a normal thing ooo,camping palava things.....the gudtin s after ds u wil bcm d past 2u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Change NYSC Date Of Birth During Online Registration / Burial Photos Of Corper Who Drowned In Bayelsa Boat Accident; Friends Mourn / Soldier Threatens To Lick A Corper Like Tomtom At Delta NYSC Camp (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.