Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,034 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (792573 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (382) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Suuz: 5:57am On Oct 26, 2019
Hello everyone, I have a valid uk visa and I intend on going to France first before going to the uk, so this is my question, should my flight booking be France - Uk or France - Uk -Nigeria?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 8:10am On Oct 26, 2019
Suuz:
Hello everyone, I have a valid uk visa and I intend on going to France first before going to the uk, so this is my question, should my flight booking be France - Uk or France - Uk -Nigeria?
Since your first point of stoppage is Paris(I presume) you can do
LOS-CDG-LHR-LOS

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Suuz: 9:09am On Oct 26, 2019
davodyguy:

Since your first point of stoppage is Paris(I presume) you can do
LOS-CDG-LHR-LOS

Thanks!
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by kaad: 10:10am On Oct 30, 2019
Hello Everyone.

I have read through the thread and still need help.
My sister will be going to France for her PhD and intend to go with her family.

We have searched the internet for info on French family visa requirement for a student but couldn't get any useful info.

Kindly enlighten us on the procedure or share a link where we can get the info required.

Many Thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Christycode: 9:37pm On Oct 30, 2019
I intend applying for a study permit to study in France next year. Please anyone who can help me with the complete procedures and requirements. I have a DELF B1 and am working on obtaining a DELF B2 by December. Thanks.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 3:51pm On Oct 31, 2019
Submitted my application today, with that of my family as group application.

We had some challenges, which bothers on discrepancies of information.

The French site says 'light'(not white) background of 45cm by 35cm.

The officer attending to us rejected the light grey background, despite being almost white.

We ended up taking another at the cost of ₦1500 per person, that's ₦4500

Also, we purchased a questionnaire which no one talked about on their site for another ₦150.

Total visa fee plus service charge ₦ 30,500 per adult, then for infant ₦10,000 Service Charge even though no Visa fee.

Lastly, one needs to hold cash, as they only accept cash and transfer or use of POS (so much for cashless economy. This people have their own rules in our country)

The ATM in front of Manor House will never dispense, as those boys would have withdrawn all available cash and then 'sell cash' to you at the rate of ₦500 per ₦10,000.

The staff that attended to us is mature and reasonable.

Just to share as this might help someone

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by NIFES(f): 9:35pm On Oct 31, 2019
Hello house.
Please I feel so tensed right now. I assisted my sister to put together an application for tourist visa with her daughter. They submitted last week Thursday and exactly a week after, i.e today, she received a text to come for collection.
I feel it is too soon to process visa within 5 working days.
I prayerfully hope I am wrong. sad
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 10:37pm On Oct 31, 2019
NIFES:
Hello house.
Please I feel so tensed right now. I assisted my sister to put together an application for tourist visa with her daughter. They submitted last week Thursday and exactly a week after, i.e today, she received a text to come for collection.
Well, there's nothing being anxious can do at this time. Its late and nothing can overturn the already made decision.

Maybe when you submitted, you pray for favour and if God says they'll get it, surely they'll.

No matter the outcome, God will still remain God.

But your faith shall make you whole
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by jj17cv(m): 11:01pm On Oct 31, 2019
@NIFES
Anything can happen any travel history?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by omotolanibaby(f): 11:35am On Nov 01, 2019
NIFES:
Hello house.
Tell us the details of the documents you submitted along
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 1:03pm On Nov 01, 2019
omotolanibaby:
Tell us the details of the documents you submitted along
Please permit me to ask

After submission, do they send you sms or mail to confirm that your application has moved from VFS to the embassy?

It's over 24 hours since submission, but no notification till now
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by jj17cv(m): 1:22pm On Nov 01, 2019
@davodyguy
Check ur email vfs also send notification to email address....
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 2:25pm On Nov 01, 2019
jj17cv:
@davodyguy
Check ur email vfs also send notification to email address....

I have been checking since yesterday, nothing dropped even to my wife or to my spam
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by jj17cv(m): 2:29pm On Nov 01, 2019
@davodyguy
Call them on phone
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by omotolanibaby(f): 2:44pm On Nov 01, 2019
davodyguy:

Please permit me to ask

After submission, do they send you sms or mail to confirm that your application has moved from VFS to the embassy?

It's over 24 hours since submission, but no notification till now
it depends. but they mostly send email. and you can also track it
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by NIFES(f): 3:03pm On Nov 01, 2019
jj17cv:
@NIFES
Anything can happen any travel history?

Visa refused for both of them. I feel so bad.
The daughter had an expired US visa.
The mum has been to the Republic of Mozambique just once
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 3:04pm On Nov 01, 2019
jj17cv:
@davodyguy
Call them on phone
I just did now
Apparently they used my wife's details as family correspondence link

They sent her two sms and email.

She received the sms, but not the email.

I'm suspecting they do not understand her email address as it's one of those 'funny addresses' that women like to use. Hence, they may not know letter difference.

I asked the guy I spoke with, he said they can't do anything about it, as that's how the sms works
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by jj17cv(m): 6:10pm On Nov 01, 2019
@NIFES
Wow this France ppl maybe they should try Uk
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 8:17pm On Nov 01, 2019
NIFES:

Visa refused for both of them. I feel so bad.
The daughter had an expired US visa.
The mum has been to the Republic of Mozambique just once
Wow.

They may think they want to abscond when they get there.

If the father/husband had applied with them, just maybe.

It was just too soon for you to get the pick up call
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 8:17pm On Nov 01, 2019
jj17cv:
@NIFES
Wow this France ppl maybe they should try Uk
Do they stamp refusal on Passport on Schengen visa application or it's just that paper that they mark?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Enculer: 12:13am On Nov 02, 2019
electromagnito:
my France people... it has been 2years now, i feel i should share my experience, well 2years ago i was here, got admitted to france to study theoretical physics Msc. at Universite de Cergy Pontoise 20km away from central paris, i dont know if i made a mistake going to france or i should have stayed in Nigeria, when i traveled to france september 17th 2017, without little or no help. I traveled with just 750 euros, this was money i had saved up from working, because i had no one to help me. When i got to france, i went straight to my university where i paid the inscription fee of 246 euros and also registered for french class for 210 euros, the money left with me was about 480euros, i had no place to stay because i was too late to get the CROUS, i started asking myself some question on how to survive in this harsh environment i cant speak the language, so i had to stay with a course mate for somedays, i was attending lectures and thinking of what next at the same time, my brain was unstable. I finally met a Nigerian who said i can share his place but i have to pay half the rent, i told him i have just 480 with me, i will pay you 400 for 2 month and if i get a job before then i will move, by december when it was very cold, i didnt getr a job and i couldnt pay the house rent, the Nigeria guy drove me out and i almost felt like giving up plus i was till going to school in all those harsh condition, then a close friend of mine yannick who happens to be french told me he was going to talk to his mom for me since i have helped him in programming exam and he scored 16/20. So his mum accepted me and i stayed with them throughout december then i got a night job in January, so i pleaded with my friend parent that they should give me just january to move out, Note i was working all night and still go to school, Feburary 2018 i left to my own rented appartment, now life was getting better but at the stake of my education, i was able to pull through the first year having a overall grade for M1 at 11.8/20 i felt bad knowing my result in Nigeria was a way better graduating with 4.43 CGPA. Because of my love for school i decided not to give up and registered for M2, most of my professor didnt like me though because they knew i was working overnight and i was still passing their exams despite not been stable, in france the hardest master is theoretical physics trust me. M2 started and i knew this was last chance of improving my grade so i could get a phD since that was my goal before i traveled abroad, M2 was still indifferent from M1 hate from professor plus i still had to work all night to pay my bills, my house rent was 300euros per month and i still support my family in Nigeria with any amount i have. after the first session of M2 i had 11.3/20, i was not too happy because my best friend in class got 14/20, although he got a phd now in lyon, so i went insearch of internship known as stage for my masters thesis, i got a good place at ESPCI CNRS paris, so i was going to my stage and still working at night. I finished my stage this month september 2019 and also defended my Master thesis on 6th of this month. at the end of the day i graduated with an aggregated of 12.5/20. I couldnt get a Phd cause most Phd proposal are taken since i finish late, presently now, i am seraching for a phd and also thinking of coming back home since i am just 26yrs old, i have option of changing my status and be working during the night but this is not a job one can di forever, i am grateful to everyone here and if you stay in paris and you need my help, i am always opening..... bonne journee

Interesting story.

You mean your family was heartless to still demand money from you?

Are you talking about your wifeand kids or other family members?

You sound very hardworking. Well done.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by 1blessing: 8:38am On Nov 02, 2019
Suuz:

I am so happy for you and I tap into your blessing.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by jj17cv(m): 9:24am On Nov 02, 2019
@davodyguy
No stamp just that paper
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Graceee: 9:38am On Nov 02, 2019
@jj17cv
so has Schengen stop stamping after refusals??
or is it just French embassy??
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by jj17cv(m): 10:09am On Nov 02, 2019
Yes they have stop
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davide470(m): 10:16am On Nov 02, 2019
kaad:
Hello Everyone.

I have read through the thread and still need help.
My sister will be going to France for her PhD and intend to go with her family.

We have searched the internet for info on French family visa requirement for a student but couldn't get any useful info.

Kindly enlighten us on the procedure or share a link where we can get the info required.

Many Thanks
Search for these visa category : “Passeport Talent” “Researcher”, or "Researcher - Mobility" depending on how the PhD is structured.

A PhD candidate is normally given a "passeport talent" visa which is 4 years and you will need to pay tax on your allowance/stipends, but the visa has its benefits. I only know of people in France that finished their MSc. on a student visa, got a PhD placement and applied for the 4 year "talent" visa which supports spouse migration.

https://france-visas.gouv.fr/fr_FR/web/france-visas/passeport-talents
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 12:55pm On Nov 02, 2019
jj17cv:
@davodyguy
No stamp just that paper
Thanks bro

Whatever the outcome, thank God no stamping of passport

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Suuz: 7:29am On Nov 04, 2019
1blessing:

I am so happy for you and I tap into your blessing.

My Nairaland friend! Thanks! Are you planning to apply for a French visa?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Jesse777: 11:46am On Nov 04, 2019
Just got my long stay visa from France embassy finally.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 12:02pm On Nov 04, 2019
Jesse777:
I applied for the France family reunion visa after submitting my visa application on August 2018 I got a message I’m December and was told to verify my documents with a law firm who represents the embassy after the verification the lawyers came to my house that same December ask a few questions and then left soo since January I haven’t gotten my passport back and it soo annoying cause it almost 8months since have been processing it despite that my mum has already done the necessary things in France around early last year .plss anyone done with France family reunion visa before

This means, it took over 1 year.

Congratulations
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Jesse777: 2:25pm On Nov 04, 2019
Plss what flight can I get going to France at a cheap price
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by NIFES(f): 2:58pm On Nov 04, 2019
davodyguy:

Do they stamp refusal on Passport on Schengen visa application or it's just that paper that they mark?
No stamp on their passports

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (382) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.