Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (793310 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (382) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 3:10pm On Nov 04, 2019
NIFES:

No stamp on their passports
Thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 8:45am On Nov 05, 2019
Call Wakanow for the cheapest flights. You get better prices when you call than booking on line.
quote author=Jesse777 post=83734839]Plss what flight can I get going to France at a cheap price [/quote]
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by crestking: 11:01am On Nov 05, 2019
my visa was processed and delivered to me by an agent... how do I verify if the visa on my passport is real or fake

help with ur advises pls.

how can one verify a real visa?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by jj17cv(m): 11:07am On Nov 05, 2019
@crestking
What kind of Visa do you go for biometric
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 7:43pm On Nov 05, 2019
Did you visit VFS during the course of this process?
crestking:
my visa was processed and delivered to me by an agent... how do I verify if the visa on my passport is real or fake

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 8:30pm On Nov 05, 2019
crestking:

Please thread cautiously with these agents

https://www.nairaland.com/4001717/8-things-need-know-new/31#83745338

Someone was duped on that thread by an agent, who gave a fake Visa
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by crestking: 10:16pm On Nov 05, 2019
yea I visited VFS and had my biometrics
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davide470(m): 10:52pm On Nov 05, 2019
crestking:
yea I visited VFS and had my biometrics
So if you visited VFS, had your biometrics and submitted your passport to the VFS representative for them to send to the French embassy, why are you now skeptical??

Anyways, i think you can use this link to confirm your visa number (6 months - 1 year):

https://administration-etrangers-en-france.interieur.gouv.fr/particuliers/#/vls-ts/demarches/etape/numero-visa
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by iamfelixy: 8:05pm On Nov 06, 2019
Please which school can I study french in France, affordable and good, because I would like to study French before starting my masters, I would be glad to get help on this.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 8:18am On Nov 07, 2019
There are French language schools in Nigeria. I think You stand a better chance getting admitted into a university for masters first then you can enrol to study french whilst you study. That's if your masters study is in English. If study Language is in french, then you have to study here first.

iamfelixy:
Please which school can I study french in France, affordable and good, because I would like to study French before starting my masters, I would be glad to get help on this.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by iamfelixy: 9:07am On Nov 07, 2019
Beverlyhills:
There are French language schools in Nigeria. I think You stand a better chance getting admitted into a university for masters first then you can enrol to study french whilst you study. That's if your masters study is in English. If study Language is in french, then you have to study here first.

Thanks for you reply
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 7:40am On Nov 08, 2019
Hello all.

I spoke with my account officer yesterday as regard Embassy verification or confirmation of Statement of Account submitted by applicants.

He said they sometimes do send an email to the head office for confirmation only, not about the balance or source of funds, but rather to be sure the SOA isn't fake (where they used someone else's content on applicant's name).

But in most cases, they don't do at all.

He said a customer service representative once doctored a SOA when the UK embassy sent one to them for verification. The customer service representative, printed the figures of someone else and manipulated the name to show that of the applicant.

Of course the bank staff was sacked immediately and Visa issuance denied

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by HRprof: 12:32pm On Nov 08, 2019
As a banker I can tell you what the guy said is true. Do you plan to doctor your statement of account ?
davodyguy:
Hello all.

I spoke with my account officer yesterday as regard Embassy verification or confirmation of Statement of Account submitted by applicants.

He said they sometimes do send an email to the head office for confirmation only, not about the balance or source of funds, but rather to be sure the SOA isn't fake (where they used someone else's content on applicant's name).

But in most cases, they don't do at all.

He said a customer service representative once doctored a SOA when the UK embassy sent one to them for verification. The customer service representative, printed the figures of someone else and manipulated the name to show that of the applicant.

Of course the bank staff was sacked immediately and Visa issuance denied
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Chike31(m): 2:15pm On Nov 09, 2019
[quote author=johnsonm2g post=82816593]My dear, you don't have to book an appointment, just walk in and submit your application either in Abuja or Lagos[/quote

Please I need your advice; I was born in France to both Nigerian parents, although I don't have my French passport, but I have my birth certificate that was issued to me by the French government when I was born.
What visa category can I actually apply for?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Chike31(m): 2:24pm On Nov 09, 2019
NIFES:
Hello house.
Please I feel so tensed right now. I assisted my sister to put together an application for tourist visa with her daughter. They submitted last week Thursday and exactly a week after, i.e today, she received a text to come for collection.
I feel it is too soon to process visa within 5 working days.
I prayerfully hope I am wrong. sad

Please I need your advice on the application procedure? I was actually born in France to both Nigerian parents. Although I don't have a French passport, but I have my original birth certificate issued to me by the French government. Please your advice is urgently needed. Thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Chike31(m): 2:29pm On Nov 09, 2019
davodyguy:

Well, there's nothing being anxious can do at this time. Its late and nothing can overturn the already made decision.

Maybe when you submitted, you pray for favour and if God says they'll get it, surely they'll.

No matter the outcome, God will still remain God.

But your faith shall make you whole

Please your advice is needed. I was born in France to both French parents. Although I don't have a French passport, but I have my original birth certificate that was issued to me by the French government when I was born. What Visa category can I apply for? And how do I go about it? Thanks for your response
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2019
Chike31:

Please I need your advice on the application procedure? I was actually born in France to both Nigerian parents. Although I don't have a French passport, but I have my original birth certificate issued to me by the French government. Please your advice is urgently needed. Thanks
Do presently have a NGR passport?
Have you ever traveled out of NIGERIA before?
Do you work as an employee or employer, or a student?

Are your parents based in France or in Nigeria.

If you provide more details, people may be able to advice you
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Jesse777: 2:35pm On Nov 09, 2019
I would be traveling to Paris on a long stay visa so I need any yellow card yellow fever vaccination just wanna know
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Chike31(m): 2:55pm On Nov 09, 2019
bibiliscious:

No i didn't pay for the Tour reservations - I used Dand P Travels Agent - They handled the Travel insurance, Tour reservation, Hotel & flight booking.

Once these documents were ready they sent them to me and i added them to my other documents and submitted.

Please I need your advise, I was actually born in France to both Nigerian parents, I don't have a French passport, but I have the my original birth certificate that was issued to me by the French government at the time I was born. Please how do I go about applying for a visa, and what category can I apply for?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Chike31(m): 2:58pm On Nov 09, 2019
davodyguy:

Do presently have a NGR passport?
Have you ever traveled out of NIGERIA before?
Do you work as an employee or employer, or a student?

Are your parents based in France or in Nigeria.

If you provide more details, people may be able to advice you
Yes, I currently have a Nigerian passport and have traveled yo some African countries. I am an employee and my parents are based here in Nigeria.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 3:11pm On Nov 09, 2019
Chike31:

Yes, I currently have a Nigerian passport and have traveled yo some African countries. I am an employee and my parents are based here in Nigeria.
You might need to apply for tourist visa First or approach the French Immigration on how you can get your French passport as a citizen.

But are you sure your birthday certificate is genuine and not a document made up by some desperate agents?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Chike31(m): 3:36pm On Nov 09, 2019
davodyguy:

You might need to apply for tourist visa First or approach the French Immigration on how you can get your French passport as a citizen.

But are you sure your birthday certificate is genuine and not a document made up by some desperate agents?

No brother, its very genuine. With official stamp on it. My mother has been in possession of it for years. I just got access to it few months ago. Even my birth certificate has birth registration number on it. As a matter of fact, I've never confronted any agent on this matter.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Chike31(m): 3:38pm On Nov 09, 2019
davodyguy:

Please how do I go about the tourist visa? What are the procedures?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 4:19pm On Nov 09, 2019
Chike31:

No brother, its very genuine. With official stamp on it. My mother has been in possession of it for years. I just got access to it few months ago. Even my birth certificate has birth registration number on it. As a matter of fact, I've never confronted any agent on this matter.
Read through this thread for details on tourist visa

Do you have up to N2million in your account?
Can you also get someone to sponsor you will about N8million in the account?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davide470(m): 10:17pm On Nov 09, 2019
Chike31:

Before you start thinking of French passport, read this:
If both parents are foreign, simply being born in France does not confer French citizenship at birth, except for children born to unknown or stateless parents. A child born to foreign parents acquires French citizenship automatically upon turning 18 if all of the following conditions are met:

The child was born in France;
The child resides in France on his 18th birthday; and
The child has had his primary residence in France for a total (but not necessarily continuous) period of at least 5 years since the age of 11

Did you meet these criteria? If No then you were only born in France and benefited from the French healthcare system.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davide470(m): 10:20pm On Nov 09, 2019
Jesse777:
I would be traveling to Paris on a long stay visa so I need any yellow card yellow fever vaccination just wanna know
It may not be asked of you, but it will be wise to have it.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by slim147(m): 12:02pm On Nov 10, 2019
Hello house, I’m about to apply for a France visa . I have a real estate company which has been registered 3years ago, but the balance is less than 300k. I’m thinking of having someone help me get a good bank statement .
Please can someone give me the best advice . And how best to go about it?
And which documents is best.
Thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 2:04pm On Nov 10, 2019
slim147:
Hello house, I’m about to apply for a France visa . I have a real estate company which has been registered 3years ago, but the balance is less than 300k. I’m thinking of having someone help me get a good bank statement .
Thanks
Except if that 'someone' wants to sponsor you, otherwise any house built on faulty foundation may not last

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by veek2(m): 2:36pm On Nov 10, 2019
Bros,

Your story is touching. I studied in Paris and didn't go through all these but I can understand you predicament perfectly.
We should see one of these weekends for a drink. Buzz me on +33758611217.

Cheers.

electromagnito:
my France people... it has been 2years now, i feel i should share my experience, well 2years ago i was here, got admitted to france to study theoretical physics Msc. at Universite de Cergy Pontoise 20km away from central paris, i dont know if i made a mistake going to france or i should have stayed in Nigeria, when i traveled to france september 17th 2017, without little or no help. I traveled with just 750 euros, this was money i had saved up from working, because i had no one to help me. When i got to france, i went straight to my university where i paid the inscription fee of 246 euros and also registered for french class for 210 euros, the money left with me was about 480euros, i had no place to stay because i was too late to get the CROUS, i started asking myself some question on how to survive in this harsh environment i cant speak the language, so i had to stay with a course mate for somedays, i was attending lectures and thinking of what next at the same time, my brain was unstable. I finally met a Nigerian who said i can share his place but i have to pay half the rent, i told him i have just 480 with me, i will pay you 400 for 2 month and if i get a job before then i will move, by december when it was very cold, i didnt getr a job and i couldnt pay the house rent, the Nigeria guy drove me out and i almost felt like giving up plus i was till going to school in all those harsh condition, then a close friend of mine yannick who happens to be french told me he was going to talk to his mom for me since i have helped him in programming exam and he scored 16/20. So his mum accepted me and i stayed with them throughout december then i got a night job in January, so i pleaded with my friend parent that they should give me just january to move out, Note i was working all night and still go to school, Feburary 2018 i left to my own rented appartment, now life was getting better but at the stake of my education, i was able to pull through the first year having a overall grade for M1 at 11.8/20 i felt bad knowing my result in Nigeria was a way better graduating with 4.43 CGPA. Because of my love for school i decided not to give up and registered for M2, most of my professor didnt like me though because they knew i was working overnight and i was still passing their exams despite not been stable, in france the hardest master is theoretical physics trust me. M2 started and i knew this was last chance of improving my grade so i could get a phD since that was my goal before i traveled abroad, M2 was still indifferent from M1 hate from professor plus i still had to work all night to pay my bills, my house rent was 300euros per month and i still support my family in Nigeria with any amount i have. after the first session of M2 i had 11.3/20, i was not too happy because my best friend in class got 14/20, although he got a phd now in lyon, so i went insearch of internship known as stage for my masters thesis, i got a good place at ESPCI CNRS paris, so i was going to my stage and still working at night. I finished my stage this month september 2019 and also defended my Master thesis on 6th of this month. at the end of the day i graduated with an aggregated of 12.5/20. I couldnt get a Phd cause most Phd proposal are taken since i finish late, presently now, i am seraching for a phd and also thinking of coming back home since i am just 26yrs old, i have option of changing my status and be working during the night but this is not a job one can di forever, i am grateful to everyone here and if you stay in paris and you need my help, i am always opening..... bonne journee
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by omotolanibaby(f): 4:35pm On Nov 10, 2019
slim147:
Thanks
with this your account balance they will not give you. except you get sponsor
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Godson1988(m): 7:01pm On Nov 10, 2019
like how much can someone have in his account to apply for tourist visa.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davodyguy: 7:17pm On Nov 10, 2019
Godson1988:
like how much can someone have in his account to apply for tourist visa.

Some people with ₦4m were even denied.

It's has more to do with intent and other supporting documents, plus the mood of Immigration officer

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (382) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: abbeysm and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.