Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (130) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (791550 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (382) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 17, 2020
akin2310:
Hi nairalanders, i am planning to apply for a schengen tourist visa. But i am stuck in between italy and France. I am 30, single but engaged, been to South Africa in the year 2017 and i have been to Ghana as well that same year. I registered my business as an enterprise in the 2018. So i will know to know what's my chances of getting a France tourist visa and is it advisable that i book a prepaid accommodation or an oridnary reservation will be okay.

A French tourist visa should not be too much of a challenge, for you, based on what you said. Go for what you can afford.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 17, 2020
Beverlyhills:
Kindly check the french student section nairaland.

Please what’s the link for that?

Thank you

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by HRprof: 11:28am On Feb 17, 2020
Please if someone is filling application for French visa on conference .
Where to indicate plan ; can he put official trip or tourism? Meanwhile, He is a registered member of the international organization.
Your contribution is needed. Thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by mikylon(m): 11:47am On Feb 17, 2020
Good morning brethren,
for a family vacation trip to Amsterdam in June, which accommodation type is preferable to present at the embassy. A hotel booking or Air BnB booking?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 12:36pm On Feb 17, 2020
Official trip

HRprof:
Please if someone is filling application for French visa on conference .
Where to indicate plan ; can he put official trip or tourism? Meanwhile, He is a registered member of the international organization.
Your contribution is needed. Thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 12:37pm On Feb 17, 2020
Verifable accommodation. Your choice

mikylon:
Good morning brethren,
for a family vacation trip to Amsterdam in June, which accommodation type is preferable to present at the embassy. A hotel booking or Air BnB booking?

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Cyberknight: 4:40pm On Feb 17, 2020
mikylon:
Good morning brethren,

That's it. "Verifiable" is the keyword.

You decide, and if you choose Airbnb accommodation, which is usually hosted by private individuals, I find it useful to drop your host a reminder that they might be getting a communication from immigration to verify that you have booked the place for the indicated dates.

P.S. Amsterdam banned Airbnb and short-term rentals in the main tourist areas last year, I think the ban is supposed to take effect this year.

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by HRprof: 10:09pm On Feb 17, 2020
Thanks but when I choose official trip it poop up on another section to choose if diplomatic mission.
I'm going for international conference. Registered conference.
Should I use tourist visa?

Beverlyhills:
Official trip

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by approvedxxx: 10:35pm On Feb 17, 2020
You can select others and write Conference .
HRprof:
Thanks but when I choose official trip it poop up on another section to choose if diplomatic mission.
I'm going for international conference. Registered conference.
Should I use tourist visa?

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by davide470(m): 10:58pm On Feb 17, 2020
Oke00700:

Could you please enlighten me about studying there? Is it worth it? In terms of getting a post graduate job & pursing residency after?

I’m looking to work part time jobs there to pay of my rent and expenses . I have money for tuition which is currently €3770 per year (Two years)

Is it easy to get a part time job without knowing how to speak french?

I’m already applying to enrol for a french programme here in Nigeria until I leave for studies.

I’m considering the U.K. and France but France because the tuition is cheaper.

Also what documents do I need for visa application?

Should I pay tuition fees before or after I arrive in France?

Can I use my brothers account with more than 10m?

I also have 2.8m in my account.

Also has anyone gotten a scholarship to study in France? How did you get it please

Please help

Thank you
Let me try and address your questions

1. Studying in a developed country and an European superpower is definitely worth it. After your Masters, you get a 1 year stay (called Carte de séjour - Recherche d'emploi/création d'entreprise or APS for short) and getting a job mostly depends on what you studied, skills and language (some international firms don't really care about the language but you need to have quality work experience from Nigeria). Once you a get a full time offer (CDI) you will be given a 4 year resident permit, afterwards you get a permanent residency (10 years permit)

2. You can get part-time English speaking jobs (Teaching, Babysitting, Tour Guides et al.. this site can help: https://job-in-france.babylangues.com/earn/job-description/)

3. Tuition in France is cheaper than the UK.. Yes, that is true.

4. On paying tuition fees; it depends on your school and the conditions to issue you an admission letter.

5. Yes, you can use your brother's account in addition to yours but it should come with a strong letter of support and commitment. On the documents needed, go through the thread.. it has been thoroughly dealt with.

6. On scholarships; PTDF & Total normally offer scholarships yearly to study in France. Also, there are scholarships offered by French Institutes (check this: https://www.campusfrance.org/en/bursaries-foreign-students)

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Nobody: 11:35pm On Feb 17, 2020
Thank you VERY MUCH .
I appreciate

davide470:

Let me try and address your questions

1. Studying in a developed country and an European superpower is definitely worth it. After your Masters, you get a 1 year stay (called Carte de séjour - Recherche d'emploi/création d'entreprise or APS for short) and getting a job mostly depends on what you studied, skills and language (some international firms don't really care about the language but you need to have quality work experience from Nigeria). Once you a get a full time offer (CDI) you will be given a 4 year resident permit, afterwards you get a permanent residency (10 years permit)

2. You can get part-time English speaking jobs (Teaching, Babysitting, Tour Guides et al.. this site can help: https://job-in-france.babylangues.com/earn/job-description/)

3. Tuition in France is cheaper than the UK.. Yes, that is true.

4. On paying tuition fees; it depends on your school and the conditions to issue you an admission letter.

5. Yes, you can use your brother's account in addition to yours but it should come with a strong letter of support and commitment. On the documents needed, go through the thread.. it has been thoroughly dealt with.

6. On scholarships; PTDF & Total normally offer scholarships yearly to study in France. Also, there are scholarships offered by French Institutes (check this: https://www.campusfrance.org/en/bursaries-foreign-students)
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by HRprof: 6:50am On Feb 18, 2020
No option for others. View the screen shots, to understand what I mean

approvedxxx:
You can select others and write Conference .

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 7:45am On Feb 18, 2020
if it conference pick business

HRprof:

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Champora: 11:38am On Feb 18, 2020
Yes, pick business. Business is the same thing as conference. When you're submitting your docs at VFS Lagos you'll be asked to fill a questionnaire. It costs 150 bucks to get inside VFS itself. On the questionnaire you'll also have to tick the business box if you're going for a conference.

I don't know if you can print that questionnaire on your own and fill, if possible, I don't know where it can be downloaded from. But nonetheless when you go to submit your documents you'll be asked to fill a complementary questionnaire for France visa.

HRprof:

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by HRprof: 1:56pm On Feb 18, 2020
Thanks

pufframmy:
if it conference pick business

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by HRprof: 1:59pm On Feb 18, 2020
Thanks to your responds.

Please is it right to tick accommodation prepaid on the application section of your stay, when its reserve without payment with the option to pay at the building ?

Thanks

Champora:
Yes, pick business. Business is the same thing as conference. When you're submitting your docs at VFS Lagos you'll be asked to fill a questionnaire. It costs 150 bucks to get inside VFS itself. On the questionnaire you'll also have to tick the business box if you're going for a conference.

I don't know if you can print that questionnaire on your own and fill, if possible, I don't know where it can be downloaded from. But nonetheless when you go to submit your documents you'll be asked to fill a complementary questionnaire for France visa.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Champora: 2:27pm On Feb 18, 2020
I don't remember seeing the prepaid option in my application. For accomodation I just wrote down the name of my hotel and contact details. If you're seeing the prepaid option then I guess it's okay to click that. If you go through the Schengen visa's guidelines: https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/france-visa/general-requirements/ — you'll notice that they themselves don't exactly advise people to fully pay for flight tickets or accomodations before their visas have been approved. You can check the link: https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/schengen-visa-application-requirements/proof-accommodation/

"Also, such Dummy Hotel Booking for Visa only, is a worthy alternative for Schengen Visa Applicants as you, because you DO NOT have to spend your money on paying the complete hotel stay before being sure you get a Schengen Visa in the first place. Otherwise, you would risk a lot losing your money spent in paying the hotel fee in case of visa denial."

HRprof:
Thanks to your responds.

Please is it right to tick accommodation prepaid on the application section of your stay, when its reserve without payment with the option to pay at the building ?

Thanks

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by emeldamicheals: 5:41pm On Feb 18, 2020
Hello everyone,
Please, does anyone know much about getting Maltese tourist Visa in Abuja. And if they give Visa's and requirements.
That's the Schenghen I want to visit but if not then I can apply thru any other Schenghen state then get to Malta. Also, is there fixed no of months given for Schenghen for first timers like one month, two months or three months.
Thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Cyberknight: 1:58am On Feb 19, 2020
emeldamicheals:
Hello everyone,
Please, does anyone know much about getting Maltese tourist Visa in Abuja. And if they give Visa's and requirements.
That's the Schenghen I want to visit but if not then I can apply thru any other Schenghen state then get to Malta. Also, is there fixed no of months given for Schenghen for first timers like one month, two months or three months.
Thanks

As at last year, the Italian Embassy was the Schengen embassy which issued visas for Malta.
Check and find out if this is still the case.

Schengen visas are generally issued for the duration of the proposed trip, sometimes plus a grace period, i.e. if you plan a trip of 10 days, they will either give you a visa valid for exactly 10 days, or may add a day or two for contingencies and give you one valid for perhaps 12 days, for example.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by CowbellY: 2:05am On Feb 19, 2020
Cyberknight:

That's it. "Verifiable" is the keyword.

You decide, and if you choose Airbnb accommodation, which is usually hosted by private individuals, I find it useful to drop your host a reminder that they might be getting a communication from immigration to verify that you have booked the place for the indicated dates.

P.S. Amsterdam banned Airbnb and short-term rentals in the main tourist areas last year, I think the ban is supposed to take effect this year.

Can one submit an Airbnb for France/Portugal applications ?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Cyberknight: 2:08am On Feb 19, 2020
CowbellY:

Can one submit an Airbnb for France/Portugal applications ?

Any verifiable accommodation is accepted.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ATPx: 5:45am On Feb 19, 2020
emeldamicheals:
Hello everyone,
Thanks

The Italian consulate in Lagos represents and issues visa on behalf of Malta. The requirement is the same as Italian tourist visa. If you are a first time traveler, you need to book appointment with the VFS center in order to submit.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Kevrod: 7:12am On Feb 19, 2020
approvedxxx:
Wow... Please what are the unnecessary questions . Share some few with us. Thanks

Going for sports

1) likely weather in April in vienna
2) I was given a blank map and told to identify Austria on the map. (This question swept off my feet...lol...I was blunt anyway... Returned it immediately that I don't know)
3) distance from airport to hotel. (This may be right anyway)
4) I told them I will visit museum of national history which I saw online active and selling tickets for people to come. One of the interviewer told me it's under renovations.....I smiled....that's a big lie.. and so on

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by approvedxxx: 12:12pm On Feb 19, 2020
Can you imagine .... Their Head nor correct . Have you heard from them ever since ?[Qquote author=Kevrod post=86772743]

Going for sports

1) likely weather in April in vienna
2) I was given a blank map and told to identify Austria on the map. (This question swept off my feet...lol...I was blunt anyway... Returned it immediately that I don't know)
3) distance from airport to hotel. (This may be right anyway)
4) I told them I will visit museum of national history which I saw online active and selling tickets for people to come. One of the interviewer told me it's under renovations.....I smiled....that's a big lie.. and so on[/quote]
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by approvedxxx: 1:36pm On Feb 19, 2020
PLEASE HOW CAN YOU TRACK YOUR APPLICATION FOR AUSTRIA VISA AFTER 15 DAYS OF SUBMISSION. THANKS
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Haywhey: 8:21pm On Feb 19, 2020
Hi everyone,
I am applying for a Netherlands tourist visa through VFS, who am i addressing my letter to? Netherlands Consulate or France? Thanks �
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by approvedxxx: 9:08pm On Feb 19, 2020
For quick and reliable reply , you can simply email VFS global for response. Or anyone with experience can help out here !!!!
The gurus in the house , over to you !!!!

Haywhey:
Hi everyone,
I am applying for a Netherlands tourist visa through VFS, who am i addressing my letter to? Netherlands Consulate or France? Thanks �
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Kevrod: 9:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
I have not heard from them since last week after the interview. My brother the interview was like they don't want to see my face... I swear.... One of the interviewer said yes I have certificates and they can see that I have been training outside Naija for a long time. I submitted satisfactory evidence based on my purpose of travel. That one kill dem but e be like dey no like my face. Let's see the outcome anyway cos their attitude might be strategy to put fear to check if i am real.

But na still because say I be African cos they can't open eye for a citizen of a country with good reputation.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by approvedxxx: 9:12pm On Feb 19, 2020
@ Kevrod
@ ATPx and other experienced fellow here.

Please I need your responds to the above request.
Thanks

approvedxxx:
PLEASE HOW CAN YOU TRACK YOUR APPLICATION FOR AUSTRIA VISA AFTER 15 DAYS OF SUBMISSION. THANKS
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Kevrod: 9:20pm On Feb 19, 2020
https://www.vfsvisaonline.com/Global-PassportTracking/
Check ur slip for reference number and last name.
What date did you submit at VFS?

[q equipmentuote author=approvedxxx post=86794448]@ Kevrod

Thanks

[/quote]
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ATPx: 9:23pm On Feb 19, 2020
Haywhey:
Hi everyone,

France
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by ATPx: 9:23pm On Feb 19, 2020
approvedxxx:
@ Kevrod

Thanks

Please send your LAGO number

(1) (2) (3) ... (127) (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) ... (382) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: Marcgrace and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.