Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,690 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (131) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (786778 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (381) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by approvedxxx: 9:56pm On Feb 19, 2020
THANKS BOSS �

Kevrod:

https://www.vfsvisaonline.com/Global-PassportTracking/
Check ur slip for reference number and last name.
What date did you submit at VFS?

[q equipmentuote author=approvedxxx post=86794448]@ Kevrod
@ ATPx and other experienced fellow here.

Please I need your responds to the above request.
Thanks

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Kevrod: 10:03pm On Feb 19, 2020
Bro you are going to Netherland so why should you address your personal letter to France
Address it to Netherland embassy no matter which embassy is handling it

ATPx:

France
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by approvedxxx: 10:43pm On Feb 19, 2020
SUBMITTED ON THE 3 FEB. 2020, TODAY MAKES IT 16 DAYS. IM VERY HOPEFUL.

Kevrod:

https://www.vfsvisaonline.com/Global-PassportTracking/
Check ur slip for reference number and last name.
What date did you submit at VFS?

[q equipmentuote author=approvedxxx post=86794448]@ Kevrod
@ ATPx and other experienced fellow here.

Please I need your responds to the above request.
Thanks

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by approvedxxx: 10:46pm On Feb 19, 2020
PLEASE IM ASKING FOR SOMEONE , WHO WAS DENIED ENTERING BY THE OFFICIAL AT THE PORT OF ENTRY because OF ISSUFICIENT FUNDS FOR THE PERIOD OF STAY. CAN SUCH PERSON APPLY AGAIN AFTER MORE THAN 6MONTHS. THANKS
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by electromagnito: 3:02am On Feb 20, 2020
davide470:

Let me try and address your questions

1. Studying in a developed country and an European superpower is definitely worth it. After your Masters, you get a 1 year stay (called Carte de séjour - Recherche d'emploi/création d'entreprise or APS for short) and getting a job mostly depends on what you studied, skills and language (some international firms don't really care about the language but you need to have quality work experience from Nigeria). Once you a get a full time offer (CDI) you will be given a 4 year resident permit, afterwards you get a permanent residency (10 years permit)

2. You can get part-time English speaking jobs (Teaching, Babysitting, Tour Guides et al.. this site can help: https://job-in-france.babylangues.com/earn/job-description/)

3. Tuition in France is cheaper than the UK.. Yes, that is true.

4. On paying tuition fees; it depends on your school and the conditions to issue you an admission letter.

5. Yes, you can use your brother's account in addition to yours but it should come with a strong letter of support and commitment. On the documents needed, go through the thread.. it has been thoroughly dealt with.

6. On scholarships; PTDF & Total normally offer scholarships yearly to study in France. Also, there are scholarships offered by French Institutes (check this: https://www.campusfrance.org/en/bursaries-foreign-students)
i wish it was that easy with your reply ��� baba france is casted if you dont speak french for france cause the one year APS will go without you getting a job plus for the prefecture to even reason you; it means you have gotten a job related to what you study which can be difficult to get.. if france system frustrate you... you go begin speak french unknowingly.... my advise for the guy wey want hse 3770€ study.... safe another 3770€ go english speaking country.... no say i no warn you oh.. because last last na nettoyage, seveur or securite you go use your french diploma do if you get mind say job dey after school..... its just the bitter truth

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by electromagnito: 3:06am On Feb 20, 2020
approvedxxx:
PLEASE IM ASKING FOR SOMEONE , WHO WAS DENIED ENTERING BY THE OFFICIAL AT THE PORT OF ENTRY because OF ISSUFICIENT FUNDS FOR THE PERIOD OF STAY. CAN SUCH PERSON APPLY AGAIN AFTER MORE THAN 6MONTHS. THANKS
they hardly ask question at the point of entry, next time tell him to get a flight that land early in the morning..... ������ french people too lazy for money wahala, but he should have simply say he has credit card.... i never hear say france return person for POE cause of money. Cause france POE dey stressless

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Cyberknight: 5:00am On Feb 20, 2020
approvedxxx:

Was the person specifically banned for 6 months? If not, I don't think any cooling-off period is required.

And you tell them that if they do get a Schengen visa again (https://punchng.com/illegal-migration-we-may-impose-tough-visa-rules-on-nigeria-eu-warns/), they should always carry cash when travelling. Yes, they rarely check, but best not be on the "losing" side if they do. I always carry about 900 euro in cash for my trips, roughly 450 - 500 euro per week, irrespective of the monies in your accounts you can withdraw by card.

2 Likes

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Jimmyjax16: 7:13am On Feb 20, 2020
@cyberknight.....after your interview at Austrian embassy, how many days did it take your passport to arrive at the VFS (lagos or abuja) and what were their last words during the interview?

[1quote author=Cyberknight post=86686905]

Everyone's case might not necessarily be the same. If you've been invited for an interview, as usual, arm yourself with the truth. I had to go to Abuja to be interviewed for my first Austrian visa and in my case they concentrated on my travel history (I had previously consulted for an international organisation which required my making a couple of trips to some out-of-the-way places).[/quote]
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Jimmyjax16: 7:21am On Feb 20, 2020
@approvedxxxx.......
Its not even up to 15days yet and you only count working days. In my own case its a week like this i got an email to come for interview so just hope you hear from them today being Thursday or tomorrow being friday.... i got a notification via email so if you have not been checking your email pls go check now.

quote author=approvedxxx post=86796382]SUBMITTED ON THE 3 FEB. 2020, TODAY MAKES IT 16 DAYS. IM VERY HOPEFUL.

[/quote]
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Cyberknight: 9:11am On Feb 20, 2020
Jimmyjax16:
@cyberknight.....after your interview at Austrian embassy, how many days did it take your passport to arrive at the VFS (lagos or abuja) and what were their last words during the interview?

I think about 2 weeks , if I remember right.

After the interview, they just said "You'll hear from us".

The questions were general about Austria (do a bit of basic research, capital city, location in Europe, something about its history, etc.), then the rest focused on me (e.g. "why aren't you travelling with your wife?" Ans: Her annual leave is scheduled for later this year, etc.) and my travel history (e.g. "tell us a bit about so-and-so country you've been to, what did you go to do there", etc.). As always, arm yourself with the truth, and keep your composure.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by approvedxxx: 9:25am On Feb 20, 2020
IT WAS IN ITALY THEY RETURNED HIM, MILANO AIRPORT. NOT FRANCE. THANKS

electromagnito:
they hardly ask question at the point of entry, next time tell him to get a flight that land early in the morning..... ������ french people too lazy for money wahala, but he should have simply say he has credit card.... i never hear say france return person for POE cause of money. Cause france POE dey stressless
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Jimmyjax16: 9:37am On Feb 20, 2020
Alright thanks.... i did my interview last week Thursday anyway so am expecting a response anytime from now. I got crazy questions like what the weather will be and i was given a blank map to identify where austria is but i just Couldnt figure out so i returned it back immidiately. It was quite tough anyway.

Did you get most of the questions they asked about austria?

Cyberknight:

I think about 2 weeks , if I remember right.

After the interview, they just said "You'll hear from us".

The questions were general about Austria (do a bit of basic research, capital city, location in Europe, something about its history, etc.), then the rest focused on me (e.g. "why aren't you travelling with your wife?" Ans: Her annual leave is scheduled for later this year, etc.) and my travel history (e.g. "tell us a bit about so-and-so country you've been to, what did you go to do there", etc.). As always, arm yourself with the truth, and keep your composure.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Cyberknight: 12:54pm On Feb 20, 2020
Jimmyjax16:
Alright thanks.... i did my interview last week Thursday anyway so am expecting a response anytime from now. I got crazy questions like what the weather will be and i was given a blank map to identify where austria is but i just Couldnt figure out so i returned it back immidiately. It was quite tough anyway.

Did you get most of the questions they asked about austria?

I did. They were basic questions - capital city, expected weather, then briefly tell us what you know about the country, etc. Basically, in the days before VFS, BLS and the rest came up and non-appearance became standard and we generally had to attend interviews for visas, it was usual to do some little research into the place to which you were going and to expect such questions at the interview.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by emeldamicheals: 12:58pm On Feb 20, 2020
Thanks for your response.
So I guess I should plan for one month itinerary since I want atleast one month Schenghen visa. Pls, I need advice more on this and preferable Schenghen country to apply for though Malta is my proposed main destination.
I have every requirement excluding the fact I don't have a company statement of account. I usually use my personal statement of account for Visa's. Is this a problem?
I have had a Schenghen Visa b4 but that was in 2004 in the non-electronic passport to Sweden for just 2 weeks for a competition I represented Nigeria when I was still in my Teen age. That's why I assume it's my first time cos it's been long or do I need to mention it.
I have vast travel history to other countries over years like Dubai × 2, India, Ukraine, UK ×3, USA × 4 and Turkey (e-visa) × 3.
I still have a valid US Visa on my passport.
Thanks

As at last year, the Italian Embassy was the Schengen embassy which issued visas for Malta.
Check and find out if this is still the case.

Schengen visas are generally issued for the duration of the proposed trip, sometimes plus a grace period, i.e. if you plan a trip of 10 days, they will either give you a visa valid for exactly 10 days, or may add a day or two for contingencies and give you one valid for perhaps 12 days, for example. [/quote]
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by emeldamicheals: 1:00pm On Feb 20, 2020
Hello,
Please, should i plan for one month itinerary since I want atleast one month Schenghen visa. Pls, I need advice more on this and preferable Schenghen country to apply for though Malta is my proposed main destination.
I have every requirement excluding the fact I don't have a company statement of account. I usually use my personal statement of account for Visa's. Is this a problem?
I have had a Schenghen Visa b4 but that was in 2004 in the non-electronic passport to Sweden for just 2 weeks for a competition I represented Nigeria when I was still in my Teen age. That's why I assume it's my first time cos it's been long or do I need to mention it.
I have vast travel history to other countries over years like Dubai × 2, India, Ukraine, UK ×3, USA × 4 and Turkey (e-visa) × 3.
I Still have a valid US visa on my passport.
Thanks
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Cyberknight: 1:28pm On Feb 20, 2020
emeldamicheals:
Hello,
Please, should i plan for one month itinerary since I want atleast one month Schenghen visa. Pls, I need advice more on this and preferable Schenghen country to apply for though Malta is my proposed main destination.
I Still have a valid US visa on my passport.
Thanks

You can prepare any itinerary you want, but if its for tourism and/or business, one month is generally too long. A related short course or training program plus subsequent tourism would work better in that regard. So it's up to you to use your discretion.

Unfortunately the Schengen visa categories are what they are - not fixed the way those of the UK are for instance, so you have to take what you get.

If you have details of the previous Schengen visa in 2004, fill it in where requested.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 1:32pm On Feb 20, 2020
how much was the person holding?
approvedxxx:
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by approvedxxx: 3:30pm On Feb 20, 2020
Very true ..... Even if you specify 7 days ,Italy will give you one month visa and ask you to spend 10 days but you can stay longer as much as you don't exceed your visa validity .

Cyberknight:

You can prepare any itinerary you want, but if its for tourism and/or business, one month is generally too long. A related short course or training program plus subsequent tourism would work better in that regard. So it's up to you to use your discretion.

Unfortunately the Schengen visa categories are what they are - not fixed the way those of the UK are for instance, so you have to take what you get.

If you have details of the previous Schengen visa in 2004, fill it in where requested.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by approvedxxx: 3:32pm On Feb 20, 2020
He was planning to stay for three weeks and was holding about 1800 Euro or less but it was up to 1500 euro. When he was asked to call someone , he went to call his brother in Germany . I guess they suspected he was not going to return.

pufframmy:
how much was the person holding?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by approvedxxx: 3:35pm On Feb 20, 2020
Please were you able to track to your application..... I have not been able to .
Thanks

Cyberknight:

I did. They were basic questions - capital city, expected weather, then briefly tell us what you know about the country, etc. Basically, in the days before VFS, BLS and the rest came up and non-appearance became standard and we generally had to attend interviews for visas, it was usual to do some little research into the place to which you were going and to expect such questions at the interview.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 3:55pm On Feb 20, 2020
I dont think it has anything to do with his available cash. Something else went down.

approvedxxx:
He was planning to stay for three weeks and was holding about 1800 Euro or less but it was up to 1500 euro. When he was asked to call someone , he went to call his brother in Germany . I guess they suspected he was not going to return.

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by OmoBendel24: 5:18pm On Feb 20, 2020
Beverlyhills:
I dont think it has anything to do with his available cash. Something else went down.

My thoughts too. Maybe his itinerary's financial implication was crazy however!
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 5:29pm On Feb 20, 2020
Yes. Thats another angle. They tend to scrutinize the males more than they do the females.

From changes in purpose of stay to less funds to cancelled / unverifiable accommodation.

When these dont add up you are on the next flight.

OmoBendel24:

My thoughts too. Maybe his itinerary's financial implication was crazy however!
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 5:33pm On Feb 20, 2020
but 1500 euro is much na i only went with 1000 Euro when i was going to Rome and it was not even ask, only Hotel Booking was asked

approvedxxx:

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by UncleBryte: 8:10pm On Feb 20, 2020
Greetings,
What course do you think one can do that will be relevant?
Thanks

electromagnito:
i wish it was that easy with your reply ��� baba france is casted if you dont speak french for france cause the one year APS will go without you getting a job plus for the prefecture to even reason you; it means you have gotten a job related to what you study which can be difficult to get.. if france system frustrate you... you go begin speak french unknowingly.... my advise for the guy wey want hse 3770€ study.... safe another 3770€ go english speaking country.... no say i no warn you oh.. because last last na nettoyage, seveur or securite you go use your french diploma do if you get mind say job dey after school..... its just the bitter truth
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by UncleBryte: 8:14pm On Feb 20, 2020
All he needed to do was to go home and get the necessary cash and return.
It happened to someone I know. They returned to Lagos, got the money and bought another ticket and went back to France and they were allowed in.

approvedxxx:
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by UncleBryte: 8:18pm On Feb 20, 2020
Hello Sir,
Please advise me.
I'm 31, male, and have a 3rd class in the sciences.
What course can I apply for easily in france?
Thanks

davide470:

Let me try and address your questions

1. Studying in a developed country and an European superpower is definitely worth it. After your Masters, you get a 1 year stay (called Carte de séjour - Recherche d'emploi/création d'entreprise or APS for short) and getting a job mostly depends on what you studied, skills and language (some international firms don't really care about the language but you need to have quality work experience from Nigeria). Once you a get a full time offer (CDI) you will be given a 4 year resident permit, afterwards you get a permanent residency (10 years permit)

2. You can get part-time English speaking jobs (Teaching, Babysitting, Tour Guides et al.. this site can help: https://job-in-france.babylangues.com/earn/job-description/)

3. Tuition in France is cheaper than the UK.. Yes, that is true.

4. On paying tuition fees; it depends on your school and the conditions to issue you an admission letter.

5. Yes, you can use your brother's account in addition to yours but it should come with a strong letter of support and commitment. On the documents needed, go through the thread.. it has been thoroughly dealt with.

6. On scholarships; PTDF & Total normally offer scholarships yearly to study in France. Also, there are scholarships offered by French Institutes (check this: https://www.campusfrance.org/en/bursaries-foreign-students)
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by approvedxxx: 8:30pm On Feb 20, 2020
WITH SINGLE ENTRY VISA?

UncleBryte:
All he needed to do was to go home and get the necessary cash and return.
It happened to someone I know. They returned to Lagos, got the money and bought another ticket and went back to France and they were allowed in.

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 10:33pm On Feb 20, 2020
Valid Question. Please do the maths ( please how much does a return ticket cost again?)

approvedxxx:
WITH SINGLE ENTRY VISA?

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by approvedxxx: 10:46pm On Feb 20, 2020
What I mean is that, is it possible to travel again with the visa on a single entry visa permit.

Beverlyhills:
Valid Question. Please do the maths ( please how much does a return ticket cost again?)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Beverlyhills: 11:06pm On Feb 20, 2020
I was referring to the poster who said he needs to get to Nigeria , get some money and buy another ticket.

Technically , the person is yet to be stamped in on arrival into the schengen region but if the visa has been revoked by the border police then its a done deal.

approvedxxx:
What I mean is that, is it possible to travel again with the visa on a single entry visa permit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (128) (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) ... (381) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: hunee, sasho9ja(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.