Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,065 members, 7,828,772 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... - Travel (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... (797671 Views)

Securing Visa To Italy / Hungarian Student Visa Application, Applying From Nigeria / I'm Afraid Of Applying For A Us Visa Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by talentarena(m): 10:06pm On Jun 01, 2022
Sorry bro pls is there anything like short tay stydy visa as i thought its business visa for short course, pls Kindly enlighten me as i am about to apply for a two weeks study and i was adviced to use business, and pls if u will be nice enough to share your cover letter

QuackZulu:
Hi everyone,

I applied for my short stay study visa last week Tuesday and got an update on Friday that it's with the embassy.

Today, my host University called the embassy and they said my passport was picked up yesterday but I am yet to get any update from vfs abuja (via email or text).

I paid for courier as well and I am to travel to France this Sunday.

Do you think my passport will get to me on time?

For those who have applied in the past, how long did it take to get your visa couriered from Abuja to you in states such as Rivers State?

I will also try calling vfs tomorrow, hopefully they will be willing to courier it on time.

Thank you for your help
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 10:16pm On Jun 01, 2022
congrat in advance ur passport my be in transit to you u can track it with the tracking number on the print out they gave you when submitting

what kind of short study bro mind if u share the school name
QuackZulu:
Hi everyone,

I applied for my short stay study visa last week Tuesday and got an update on Friday that it's with the embassy.

Today, my host University called the embassy and they said my passport was picked up yesterday but I am yet to get any update from vfs abuja (via email or text).

For those who have applied in the past, how long did it take to get your visa couriered from Abuja to you in states such as Rivers State?

I will also try calling vfs tomorrow, hopefully they will be willing to courier it on time.

Thank you for your help
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Donbaba123: 11:28pm On Jun 01, 2022
talentarena:
No boss, its not possible you booked appointments yesterday cos i have been trying abuja all along and have spent over 120k pls share your number and pls tell us how you paid.

Used chrome browser incognito phase, paid with Uba prepaid naira card.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Donbaba123: 11:32pm On Jun 01, 2022
QuackZulu:
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your help

We are on the same boat, applied on Tuesday as well Abuja VFS and it was sent to the embassy on Friday. I tracked is still saying it has been sent to the embassy. I called someone at vfs she said it hasn’t been dispatch to them. Hopefully we hear update tomorrow.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by QuackZulu: 12:23am On Jun 02, 2022
talentarena:
Sorry bro pls is there anything like short tay stydy visa as i thought its business visa for short course, pls Kindly enlighten me as i am about to apply for a two weeks study and i was adviced to use business, and pls if u will be nice enough to share your cover letter

Hey bro,

When I applied via VFS Abuja the only option when paying was the Long Stay/Short Stay visa (sort of a catch-all category), however, on the France Visas site I chose the short-stay visa; the plan is study and purpose, student/examination entry

I did not use a cover letter since it was not one of the requirements
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by QuackZulu: 12:27am On Jun 02, 2022
Donbaba123:

We are on the same boat, applied on Tuesday as well Abuja VFS and it was sent to the embassy on Friday. I tracked is still saying it has been sent to the embassy. I called someone at vfs she said it hasn’t been dispatch to them. Hopefully we hear update tomorrow.

Yeah bro,
I am really hoping we get some good news Today. I will place a call this morning
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by QuackZulu: 12:57am On Jun 02, 2022
pufframmy:
congrat in advance ur passport may be in transit to you u can track it with the tracking number on the printout they gave you when submitting

what kind of short study bro mind if u share the school name

Thanks, man.

Hoping for the best. I tried tracking it but it says it's sent to the embassy.

It is a summer school
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by talentarena(m): 7:30am On Jun 02, 2022
Please house kindly advice accordingly, for a 2 weeks summer course, which us best is it a business visa or short stay visa with tudies as main porpose?? Please i need advise on how to go about this, not i am applying from abuja

QuackZulu:

Hey bro,

When I applied via VFS Abuja the only option when paying was the Long Stay/Short Stay visa (sort of a catch-all category), however, on the France Visas site I chose the short-stay visa; the plan is study and purpose, student/examination entry

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by somebody02: 7:57am On Jun 02, 2022
Good everyone.
Does anyone know which is better between using a sponsor or money in your account for 3 months?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 11:07am On Jun 02, 2022
did u go tro Campus France or na direct apply to the school
QuackZulu:

Hey bro,

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Donbaba123: 11:33am On Jun 02, 2022
QuackZulu:

Yeah bro,
I am really hoping we get some good news Today. I will place a call this morning

Seems abuja now takes more times from just normal initial one week.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by musiklibrary: 12:26pm On Jun 02, 2022
Donbaba123:

Used chrome browser incognito phase, paid with Uba prepaid naira card.

Hello Bro.

Please, do you know anyone who was able to book again recently successfully ?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by QuackZulu: 2:48pm On Jun 02, 2022
pufframmy:
did u go tro Campus France or na direct apply to the school

Na direct
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 2:52pm On Jun 02, 2022
thanks
Hope u Gotten ur passport now

QuackZulu:

Na direct
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Maame4U: 4:03pm On Jun 02, 2022
mialate:
You should not book any Flights till you get the visa.

Use your cover letter to explain the benefits and breakdowns so the visa officer can understand better.

Hi! Got the visa. Thank you �

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 4:15pm On Jun 02, 2022
COngrat
help others too by droping document submitted are u first timer

Maame4U:

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by QuackZulu: 4:58pm On Jun 02, 2022
pufframmy:
thanks
Hope u Gotten ur passport now

Yeah baba,
I did and I got the visa, although with a note stating upon return I have to come to the Embassy in Abuja. Is this normal?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by QuackZulu: 4:59pm On Jun 02, 2022
Donbaba123:

Seems abuja now takes more times from just normal initial one week.

I think the public holiday impacted it and there was such a huge crowd last week Tuesday
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by QuackZulu: 5:08pm On Jun 02, 2022
For anyone who has been to France recently, is the covid test still required for fully vaccinated travellers?
Also, is the booster shot requirement enforced and is it true that it is to be taken nine months after the last covid vaccine shot?
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by meljoe: 6:29pm On Jun 02, 2022
Maame4U:

Awww congrats dear

1 Like

Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by meljoe: 6:29pm On Jun 02, 2022
QuackZulu:

Yeah baba,
I did and I got the visa, although with a note stating upon return I have to come to the Embassy in Abuja. Is this normal?
Congrats , I wasn’t given one though but you should go when you are back
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by meljoe: 6:30pm On Jun 02, 2022
QuackZulu:
For anyone who has been to France recently, is the covid test still required for fully vaccinated travellers?
Also, is the booster shot requirement enforced and is it true that it is to be taken nine months after the last covid vaccine shot?

I didn’t do any covid test and I also think it has to do with the airline , confirm from your airline too
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Donbaba123: 8:16pm On Jun 02, 2022
QuackZulu:

I think the public holiday impacted it and there was such a huge crowd last week Tuesday

The holiday was just one day
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Donbaba123: 8:17pm On Jun 02, 2022
musiklibrary:

Hello Bro.

Please, do you know anyone who was able to book again recently successfully ?

No bro
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by Donbaba123: 8:39pm On Jun 02, 2022
QuackZulu:

Yeah baba,

Hello bro, did you later get your passport to PH today cuz I applied on Tuesday as well, i tried tracking mine is still saying passport sent to french embassy on 27th..
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by QuackZulu: 9:58pm On Jun 02, 2022
Donbaba123:

Hello bro, did you later get your passport to PH today cuz I applied on Tuesday as well, i tried tracking mine is still saying passport sent to french embassy on 27th..

Hey bro, mine as well, till I received it was still saying sent to the french embassy (even now).

What I did was, I called VFS this morning and enquired about my passport.

I told them my host institution informed me that my passport was picked up from the embassy and sent to them on Tuesday this week.

They asked for my tracking number and tracked it.
They said it's been sent to Port Harcourt.

I then googled the UPS number in Port Harcourt. I called them and they said it was with the dispatch rider. I got his number and called the not so enthusiastic rider and insisted that I get it today.
That was how I received it in the afternoon.

My advice is:
Check your document and use the tracking number to track it.

If possible, add your number and email to the UPS tracking site to get updates (you will get the most detailed one via this method).

If what played out today is any indication of how things work, then VFS takes forever to update and you may have to do some things yourself and add pressure if you want your passport.

Hope this helps and sorry about the long winded response.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by QuackZulu: 10:00pm On Jun 02, 2022
Donbaba123:

The holiday was just one day

That is correct bro
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by QuackZulu: 10:00pm On Jun 02, 2022
meljoe:

I didn’t do any covid test and I also think it has to do with the airline , confirm from your airline too

Thank you, I will do that
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by QuackZulu: 10:01pm On Jun 02, 2022
meljoe:

Congrats , I wasn’t given one though but you should go when you are back

Thank you, yeah I will do so. It is just kinda weird
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by AskGod07: 10:06pm On Jun 02, 2022
Congratulations bro, you are trying to avoiding a question asked you about the school? Since you have gotten your visa bro leave the pass out nah? Also listed the documents you submitted abeg Biko …..lol.

That is what this family meant for to learn from ourself

QuackZulu:

Hey bro, mine as well, till I received it was still saying sent to the french embassy (even now).

What I did was, I called VFS this morning and enquired about my passport.

I told them my host institution informed me that my passport was picked up from the embassy and sent to them on Tuesday this week.

They asked for my tracking number and tracked it.
They said it's been sent to Port Harcourt.

I then googled the UPS number in Port Harcourt. I called them and they said it was with the dispatch rider. I got his number and called the not so enthusiastic rider and insisted that I get it today.
That was how I received it in the afternoon.

My advice is:
Check your document and use the tracking number to track it.

If possible, add your number and email to the UPS tracking site to get updates (you will get the most detailed one via this method).

If what played out today is any indication of how things work, then VFS takes forever to update and you may have to do some things yourself and add pressure if you want your passport.

Hope this helps and sorry about the long winded response.
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 10:30pm On Jun 02, 2022
WOW
u need to appear back to the embassy be that oo
they did same to me, so when u get back go back to the embassy for appearance
a letter there u will be told to write handwritten one that all
QuackZulu:

Yeah baba,
Re: Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... by pufframmy: 10:31pm On Jun 02, 2022
how many month was given to you and is it multiple entry
QuackZulu:

Yeah baba,

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (385) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2

Viewing this topic: icu4 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.