Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,096 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Oil Workers Zone. - Career (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oil Workers Zone. (166454 Views)

2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition / MTN, Etisalat And Glo: How They Pay Their Workers - www.NigerianBulletin.com / Oil Workers And Bankers Who Earns More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 17, 2013
Jarus: It is easy to believe Vikin. His aura is oil-esque.

I can talk more for Shell, and probably Chevron. My major concern here is the OP saying he is(or was) a Shell permananent staff and he can get people into Shell just like that!

If he is one of those with Oba of Oba land as community chief, it's possible....don't judge by the way he types his English. But in OP case what I see its someone with a contract position( not too experienced and knowledgeable) but to give him the benefit of doubt, even if he is in permanent position, it must be through the quota system of community.

Trust me, they never cross a certain point unless they go further to buy other certificate that will make them climb higher the ladder.

But you still find a way to sort them out.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kittykat1(f): 11:45am On Jan 17, 2013
Aunty we can do that offlin in private. Not on NLD.
BlueDiva:

grin grin

I need to know these companies o.
Name them na make we verify after all you have since 'retired' from active service.

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 11:48am On Jan 17, 2013
Vikin:

Oppps...looks like we are getting somewhere. This is what I have been trying to explain to you in all my previous post now you are turning it around to me? cheesy

As per halliburton, just like you know it's multi national, it's also an oil servicing. A per whether Kitty kat can get one a job there or not, I don't doubt that.

All she needs do is to take their CV to the HR during recruitment exercise, if the applicant meets the requirement, he/ she is called in for a test or interview. Now, I will also remind you that if she has a idea of how the question looks like, it might be an advantage to the applicant.

I see it happen but I don't involve myself to this.

Other times they even get an internal advert before making it public.

Trust me, am not talking about the one man oil company.

I should do the explaining.
I am in HR and have been for donkey years now and know how the system works.

Maybe you all are referring to mushroom companies or talking of unethical practices like sleeping with someone or bribing or whatever.
Professionally there are process for recruitment.

In every company there are some vacancies that are not advertized.
Those are reserved for qualified employees or employees can help push a qualified friend's cv.

Now, you have to be qualified first and not every employee can push a cv and it will be considered.
A lot of cv's go into the shredder. In telecoms companies etc you can drop your cv's with a gate man and a secretary and you will be called.

It's not like that for multinational oil companies where even most managers can't get their kids in.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 17, 2013
kitty kat: I moved from Lag to PH and I hv gotteen jobs for various ppl. When did Lng move to PH? Why do all those big edifices at sanusi fafunwa, lekki road, ikoyi and Vi still function. Has the total, chevron and other notable coys building been closed too. Why do top level meetings still entail flying down to lagos. I remember in my post I mentioned both online and offline CV dropping. Did seun delete the part I mentioned the online submission. All avenues must be explored. Do not underestimate d power of gatemen and cleaners in some coys. A cleaner mite be so nice to an Oga that a CV gvn to such a person will make it before one submitted online. When u talk abt man knoww man, how does it relate to online submission. I rememebr in 2009, I had to meet a company executive in a lounge in lag in order to secure a jod for someone. The person finally succeeded but do u know that out of the 5 recruits, 2 ppl were ppl who knew top executives ( my candidate included), 2 submitted to d gatemen, 1 submitted online. Pls o job-seekers don't feel that it must be on I'm levels o. In some compnaies the I M is almost zero. Especially the heavy multinationals. I still emphasize on Networking. Do not discard anyone. While a particluar contact might not get u d job, he mite give u the tips. Eg, I met a random babe at shell test some yrs ago, we became friends, later I gave her info on how to gate crash my company test, what to exepct intest and interviews and how to follow up. She was successful. Pls no one shd contact me for job seeking o. I hv since retired from that arena.

I went back to quote kitty-kat post, so maybe we could all look at it critically and see what she said exactly.

Firstly this thread started from sharing experiences, then it evolved into giving general information, and then it came to networking tips.
That was where this post came in,
So for those of you that lack basic comprehension skills maybe you should go back and see what she wrote.

The point is to use all available resources at your disposal,
Acquire new skills, focus on personal development, Network with both high and low

I honestly believe some of you simply respond without reading properly, or you have a problem with deductive reasoning.

Am on-line to gather information, what info i choose to work with is at my discretion.

Look at how petty some person's are, highlighting my use of English,
please look for more mistakes o.... grin grin grin grin
Please seriously go read my posts, do i come across as someone who cannot communicate in written and spoken English?
I bet if you want to be unbiased you would know the answer to that already.

Let me hear word about all this intelligent crap, Life is a lot more complex than that, and it takes a truly smart person to know that.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kittykat1(f): 11:52am On Jan 17, 2013
I can't throw lies around. U can meet me offline for facts. Hav u verified that I threw lies about as Blue Diva is accusing? Do u say something is impossible cos u hv not experienced it?

Don't u think that's a bit narrow minded? What do I hav to gain by decieving ppl? Pls be less emotional and more open minded. Thanks
Jarus: I am actually not against us discussing jobs in oil and gas industry in this thread. Networking is very good and can be helpful, not only in O&G but anywhere. In fact, I entered the thread with that aim. I came to share my insights and ideas. Of course, I can't guarantee anybody job, but I can offer useful tips. That was my intention from outset. But we should not throw lies around. I find that disgusting.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 17, 2013
kitty kat: Blue diva, pls take norvasc, lexotan or valium. I hv helped ppl get jobs in Multi-national OIL Company. You can't change it. They didn't have to sleep with anyone to get the job. For some, I provided vital recruiting info, told them how to get into test centers and for one case I mentioned, we had to meet a top executive. I don't know why u are taking it so personal.

Vikin, you are really good. I am suspecting u work for the Big Blue or the Red.

Typing English or engrish on NLD doesn't make or mar my career. I thot some very smart admin ppl on NLD would know that some ppl typ with fones and thus do not have d luxury of long grammar. I hv asked Aunty Blue Divalicious to view my credentials at Okomu and Adapalm Oil Company with International wok experience and offshore palm oil production. Pls aunty ask 2sexy to send it to you. Maybe one of these days, we can meet in ur office and gossip the ppl I helped. Since I now consult, u could help me with a contract in Total bi Exxon. I hope my experienc in palm kernel extraction is acceptable.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

nor kee mee oh.....
I don fall from my chair because of laughter grin grin grin grin grin

This is why i love machines, they are so easy to manage, and they don't give you all these intelligent crap.... grin grin grin grin
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 17, 2013
kitty kat: Aunty we can do that offlin in private. Not on NLD.

What's private about names?

I've worked with the then Elf and until a few years ago Mobil.
I wouldn't name where i presently work.

Name names since you are no longer there.
I can easily verify.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 17, 2013
kitty kat: Aunty we can do that offlin in private. Not on NLD.

Nothing like offline, it's been existing. Gate crashing for the major O&G company will work on 0.9% chance. This I mean SHell, Chevron, Mobil etc....they will just shred your CV or sell It to those groundnut sellers cheesy.

But for the other multi national that are oil servicing, like baker hedges, halliburton, Schlumberger, EXpro, etc,...it might work, but it's preferable if they tell you when the HR comes through the gate and you approach him/ her. The best the HR could do its get you when the next test is schedule but still you have to pass through the paper work. Gate crash only worked for me during my IT but it was the indigenous oil servicing not multi national, and I feel it was because I was a female and it's difficult to get female in that field.

An advice, if you are a male...you have little percentage that gate crash will work for you, you Berra not go there grin.. Dem go see you as mad man.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Jarus(m): 11:57am On Jan 17, 2013
Vikin:

If he is one of those with Oba of Oba land as community chief, it's possible....don't judge by the way he types his English. But in OP case what I see its someone with a contract position( not too experienced and knowledgeable) but to give him the benefit of doubt, even if he is in permanent position, it must be through the quota system of community.

Trust me, they never cross a certain point unless they go further to buy other certificate that will make them climb higher the ladder.

But you still find a way to sort them out.

There are a number of them here too. We even have Community Liaison Officers in all our local governments of operations.
These are indigenes of host communities, just to placate them, lest they mobilize to disrupt your operations.

I have been talking having in mind professionals (engineers, geologists, accountants etc) who are permanent staff, not these community guys.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jan 17, 2013
BlueDiva:

I should do the explaining.
I am in HR and have been for donkey years now and know how the system works.

Maybe you all are referring to mushroom companies or talking of unethical practices like sleeping with someone or bribing or whatever.
Professionally there are process for recruitment.

In every company there are some vacancies that are not advertized.
Those are reserved for qualified employees or employees can help push a qualified friend's cv.

Now, you have to be qualified first and not every employee can push a cv and it will be considered.
A lot of cv's go into the shredder. In telecoms companies etc you can drop your cv's with a gate man and a secretary and you will be called.

It's not like that for multinational oil companies where even most managers can't get their kids in.

You are in HR, no wonder!

You are probably working with the major oil producing company like total, Mobil and the rest....

I already stated that those ones seems to follow a quota, but the percentage is what am yet to find out. In my previous post, I focused on the other categories.

Permit me to tell you to step out from your shell...the other multi nationals don't follow the steps the other Producer company which you already knew.

And if Schlumberger, or halliburton, or EXpro, or baker judges etc are mushroom companies to you, then I think you have to check again. Go and find out what an expatriate in one of those companies earns per day and get back to me.

Thanks
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kittykat1(f): 12:04pm On Jan 17, 2013
Ok Vikin, u r now getting d flow. I met d gatewoman and walked into d test center. Its One of the names u mentioned. Abt 2 of my males friends did it too and where employed.

At the end of the day, what matters is that they were employed. Is it not the bone of contention? No matter the percentage, try all avenues!!! Shikena.
Vikin:

Nothing like offline, it's been existing. Gate crashing for the major O&G company will work on 0.9% chance. This I mean SHell, Chevron, Mobil etc....they will just shred your CV or sell It to those groundnut sellers cheesy.

But for the other multi national that are oil servicing, like baker hedges, halliburton, Schlumberger, EXpro, etc,...it might work, but it's preferable if they tell you when the HR comes through the gate and you approach him/ her. The best the HR could do its get you when the next test is schedule but still you have to pass through the paper work. Gate crash only worked for me during my IT but it was the indigenous oil servicing not multi national, and I feel it was because I was a female and it's difficult to get female in that feel.

An advice, if you are a male...you have little percentage that gate crash will work for you, you Berra not go there grin.. Dem go see you as mad man.

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 17, 2013
kitty kat: Ok Vikin, u r now getting d flow. I met d gatewoman and walked into d test center. Its One of the names u mentioned. Abt 2 of my males friends did it too and where employed.

At the end of the day, what matters is that they were employed. Is it not the bone of contention? No matter the percentage, try all avenues!!! Shikena.

Funny enough i wasn't even talking about gate crashing.
How did you get people the jobs? Anybody can gate crash anywhere, those things happen.

Some small HR boys even collect money and slot in peoples names and are called for test these days.
It's one thing to sneak into a test center but that doesn't equate to getting the job.

For you to get someone a job is to ensure you influence the appointment, that it what it means.
I'm curious to know how you got someone a job with all the gruesome processes the candidate will pass through.

This is not the civil service where a Council Chairman would give you a note and you begin work that same day.
It takes someone like an ED to do that in a multinational oil company and it isn't even that easy.

So please tell how you gave people jobs and where?
That is what started all these long grammar in the first place.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kittykat1(f): 12:21pm On Jan 17, 2013
Aunty, its called NTWKING maybe u shd have used less french in ur earlier posts and b less insulting. The message would have gotten home faster. My post is not about how I helped them. Its the fact that I helped. I doubt if posting the process on a public forum so that some ppl like u in H.R. Will go and block the way for other ppl is wise.

Remember u said I was in a relationship with a palmoil worker. So I bet after a fantastic nyashing session with the recruiting mgr, the man gave the job to my friends. grin grin =))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=))
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jan 17, 2013
kitty kat:
Its very easy to get a job in d oil and gas industry. Just make sure u r studying something that u like. Cos anyone can work in the oil industry. Don't study a course just cos u want to get into the industry cos when u get in, u will finally become bored after u get used to all the money and gliterrati. What country are u doing ur MSc? Also not some oil companies don't really send MSc like that o cos they train u from scratch while some over send it.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
kitty kat: Aunty, its called NTWKING maybe u shd have used less french in ur earlier posts and b less insulting. The message would have gotten home faster. My post is not about how I helped them. Its the fact that I helped. I doubt if posting the process on a public forum so that some ppl like u in H.R. Will go and block the way for other ppl is wise.

Remember u said I was in a relationship with a palmoil worker. So I bet after a fantastic nyashing session with the recruiting mgr, the man gave the job to my friends. grin grin =))º°˚˚˚°ºнaĦaнaº°˚˚˚°º‎​=))

Against all the insults and negative comments i held firm to the fact that you were being economical with the truth.
After all the long post you can't convince us that you gave people jobs.

Madam, I'm not envying your 'achievements', i just don't want young graduates to be deceived.
I'm through with the thread, i sign out by saying 'you gave nothing to nobody because you are incapable of doing so'.
oyb:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Double grin grin grin grin
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kittykat1(f): 12:36pm On Jan 17, 2013
Darling it was nice while it lasted. At least, I can go back to Okomu to extract palm oil. You must not make everything difficult for everyone. I live an optimistic life. I don't go about discouraging ppl. I have told them that apart from having good credentials they need to network. Joining the industry is not as tough as u ppl make it sound. It wasn't for me or my friends unless maybe I don't see difficulty in what ppl call difficult. I am a possibility thinker. I can never tell anyone that its difficult. If it was d period I was zealous about helping ppl job hunt, I would have taken a NLDer to prove u wrong. I no longer have that luxury.

Anyway Ciao and don't forget that we r now friends. U fit hlp me get consulting contract for ur office?
BlueDiva:

Against all the insults and negative comments i held firm to the fact that you were being economical with the truth.
After all the long post you can't convince us that you gave people jobs.

Madam, I'm not envying your 'achievements', i just don't want young graduates to be deceived.
I'm through with the thread, i sign out by saying 'you gave nothing to nobody because you are incapable of doing so'.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 17, 2013
going by kitty kat's post history 90% of which is in romance etal, i am inclined to assume this is a platinumnk type oil worker

there was a popular poster on nl known as plantinumnk, who told us she was employed in chase manhattan bank - long and short of it, we eventually found she was an intern

it may even be a case of sharing a flat with a genuine oil worker - there was a scandal like that a year or so ago thrashed out on nl where a babe got pregnant for an oil worker, only for the folks to find the guy was simply squatting with an oil worker - they guy didn't even have a degree

na today?

anyway, nigerians love all this shortcut breakthrough thinking - that there is some sort of magi trick that regular joes can use to get into oil companies

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 12:54pm On Jan 17, 2013
Jarus:

Honestly, I have stopped pitying Nigerians that fall for scam. This has only reinforced my position.

This guy is not a Shell staff for God's sake. This is not about short-hand or text, this guy cannot write simple English, nobody is asking for Soyinka-esque proficiency, this is about basic English. I have friends in Shell and have also undergone Shell recruitment process and I can tell a Shell staff from writing. Shell has perhaps the most rigorous recruitment process and half-bakeds will find it hard (impossible, actually) to scale it. There are Shell staff on Nairaland sef, and you hardly see them reveal it, rather, they code it.

This guy's aura is just lower than that of a Shell person, far lower.

I even doubt contract position with Shell sef. A number of my colleagues here are ex-Shell contract, and I know other Shell contracts.

At best, the guy worked for a servicing firm that had contracts/projects with Shell for months (or years)and know few internal things about Shell.

But if you don't believe and choose to fall for his scam, then good luck.

Sir Jarus, thanks for the way you presented your point. Brilliant and shows element of intelligence and diplomatic way of doing things. In order words, what he has done is against company protocol. Agreed.

I believe you have known BlueDIva for sometime now and possibly offline( just guessing).

I want to repeat something I said to her in the Total thread and here it is : Her intention is right but her approach is VERY wrong.

If she claim to be smart and intelligent as she has often announced, what happened to being diplomatic in handling issues? Why try to silent someone just because you want to heard?

Let's take a practical case study. Sir Jarus, imagine you are standing with someone and trying to educating him/her on something you know based on what as worked for you in life and I walk in, push you aside and tell whoever you are speaking to that you are lying blah blah just because I want to be heard and seen as more intelligent and smart individual. What will be your reaction and that of the person you stood with? What will you say about me and is that how intelligent and smart people behave? She even went as far as caling someone Anuofia not knowing the same person is an igbo lady. Is that how intelligent and smart professionals behave wherein the person she referred to has never had any fight with her either here of offline?

There are ways to pass across our messages and point without being silly.

Anything you believe in is what you get. If you believe you have to be an Einstein to get a job, good for you. There is no almighty formular for getting a job and that is what I believe. But what I have noticed in life is that everything does not have to be complex just to get it to work.

She may only succeed in turning people into what they are not but in the end what most HR dont like is FAKING what you are not. HR just want you to be YOU and real and how you can help their company grow. She says smartness and intelligence is the key but I have 2 friends who failed the interview at Total ( Elf) but are there now. If you can get the interviewers to develop interest in you during any interview session you are good to go, not someone coming to lie to them.

I know someone who isnt good with spoken English but very good with maths. During he interview with Total, he said he tried to speak just to impress them but later changed his mind and just be who he is and they asked him why he had F9 in English. He told point blank that he is from a very poor background and that they dont speak in English in their house or where he came from. He also failed some of the questions that was asked during interview BUT he is currently a staff there now.

Another one failed the interview questions BUT he did extremely well in reasoning test where he answered all questions in 7 minutes.

I know of someone who did well in the test and interview but medical tes failed him

I could go on and on like that. My point is there are various factors considered in getting a job. If anyone goes in trying to pretend, you would be doing yourself more harm than good. I learnt that in the same ELF she claimed to have worked in, they usually have someone among the interview panelist who does not ask a single question. He own work is just to take note of your body language and if you lie, that guy will gun you down.

Hmmm na wa ooo

2 Likes

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kittykat1(f): 1:09pm On Jan 17, 2013
U are in even funnier than Blue Diva. So posting in romance section has verything to do with my real life career. U are sooo funnny. Don't u think that NLD is also an entertainment center. I rarely come to career section. I actually came to this thread cos of 2sexy. I prefer to read d romance section cos its juicy with exciting gossips.after all the work wahala, should I still come to NLD to continue working? Don't I deserve some entrtainment.

Some ppl have been lucky in life. I have ben lucky and I lik to help others gget to where I got to. U can also contact m off NLD if u want my real credentials. Maybe I might b squatting with that gateman in ur villa whose brother works in an oil coy. =))º°˚˚˚°ºНAĦAНAº°˚˚˚°º‎​=))

oyb: going by kitty kat's post history 90% of which is in romance etal, i am inclined to assume this is a platinumnk type oil worker

there was a popular poster on nl known as plantinumnk, who told us she was employed in chase manhattan bank - long and short of it, we eventually found she was an intern

it may even be a case of sharing a flat with a genuine oil worker - there was a scandal like that a year or so ago thrashed out on nl where a babe got pregnant for an oil worker, only for the folks to find the guy was simply squatting with an oil worker - they guy didn't even have a degree

na today?

anyway, nigerians love all this shortcut breakthrough thinking - that there is some sort of magi trick that regular joes can use to get into oil companies
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by neyo2k7: 1:13pm On Jan 17, 2013
@scantee et al, i greet. . . .i av learnt nw things on ds thread vis-a-vis realities in d industries as opposd to the obtainable theoretical knwledge at d schl. Jst like brainwave's thread under careers. . .thanks 4 sharing ur experience. . . .@jerome84, am also studying Enviromental Management, Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta.400level, preparing for industrial training by feb. Pls kindly help me wt relevant oil&gas coys. I really want to gain experience.i wil be comin to over to phc. . . Thanks
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 1:15pm On Jan 17, 2013
oyb: going by kitty kat's post history 90% of which is in romance etal, i am inclined to assume this is a platinumnk type oil worker

na today?

Ah... that is were most people miss it. Should I tell you that there more people like that at the romance section? I even know of a nairalander who works for a multinational but he hardly comes around the career section.

This what many of you are missing. Must everything in life be hard? so because she does not post here that makes it a lie... if you care to know where she worked, PM me and I will tell you with PROVE....

From what I know about Kitty-Kat, she does not believe in all that everything has to be hard to make it work...

What you believe is what will work for you...
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 17, 2013
Thanks 2sexy,

You have taken time to explain alot of things out here,

People make it seem as if people who work in oil and gas industry have two heads

If i didn't have friends there it would be a different matter

Imagine a scenario where a graduate from a UK university passes through aptitude tests, scales interview, and get sent abroad for training
only to be sacked a year later after her training, just because she couldn't pass the on the Job training at the company's training facilities.

We have seen them, we live with them everyday, and there is nothing exceptional about them.
They are just people who got the right information at the right time.

The only thing i know is that, if you want to work for the best, then keep doing your best, and someday hopefully, you would get your chance to shine.

If madam smartness has come up, and put her point across like a professional, probably this whole deviation from the main topic wouldn't have come up,
but as usual she had to show she knew more than she didn't.

I have met a lot of intelligent people in my life time, and one thing they have in common is their respect for like minds.

Not the "you must notice me kind of personality"

End of the matter o jare.... lipsrsealed
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jan 17, 2013
Sir Jarus, thanks for the way you presented your point. Brilliant and shows element of intelligence and diplomatic way of doing things. In order words, what he has done is against company protocol. Agreed

You don't know nada.
You are just a school leaver and your duty should be to learn.

I've seen a lot of your post. You strike me as determined and ambitious but you talk too much about what you know too little about.
It's a faceless forum so i will oblige you. Majority of what you spew is what people tell you.

I got my first job in 1997. Where you dey that time?
Probably rolling tires in the neighborhood. Never in my history on NL have i put people down whom haven't put themselves down already.

I'm not here to advice or motivate anybody, i don't know you and neither do you know me.
I'm just here to make young people realize that they need to work hard and not daydream. Your pastors have taught you people to daydream more and work less. Life isn't like that.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 1:44pm On Jan 17, 2013
BlueDiva:

You don't know nada.
You are just a school leaver and your duty should be to learn.

I've seen a lot of your post. You strike me as determined and ambitious but you talk too much about what you know too little about.
It's a faceless forum so i will oblige you. Majority of what you spew is what people tell you.

I got my first job in 1997. Where you dey that time?
Probably rolling tires in the neighborhood. Never in my history on NL have i put people down whom haven't put themselves down already.

I'm not here to advice or motivate anybody, i don't know you and neither do you know me.
I'm just here to make young people realize that they need to work hard and not daydream. Your pastors have taught you people to daydream more and work less. Life isn't like that.
Like I said, you intention is right but how introduced yourself by calling someone a liar does speak well of you... I know you like hard work and that has always been your gospel but how you also preach it also matter.

Talking about what I know about anyone is based on my personal relationship with them which you have no knowledge of where is all started.

Just be diplomatic and not bossy. Hia no b offic madam grin
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Jarus(m): 1:49pm On Jan 17, 2013
2sexy:

Ah... that is were most people miss it. Should I tell you that there more people like that at the romance section? I even know of a nairalander who works for a multinational but he hardly comes around the career section.

This what many of you are missing. Must everything in life be hard? so because she does not post here that makes it a lie... if you care to know where she worked, PM me and I will tell you with PROVE....

From what I know about Kitty-Kat, she does not believe in all that everything has to be hard to make it work...

What you believe is what will work for you...

While I also wont say being an oil coy staff doesn't mean one shouldn't participate in romance discussions (Debosky is actually an IOC person, but catches fun in romance section, in those days at least. Ditto for Davidylan) but I think I understand what oyb is talking about.

Well, oyb himself is known to me as an ex-senior colleague and a manager in an O&G company, before anyone says he doesn't know anything about the industry.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Jarus(m): 1:51pm On Jan 17, 2013
While I also believe networking can be useful, I also find it difficult to ignore when deceit is flying around.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 1:54pm On Jan 17, 2013
Jarus:

While I also wont say being an oil coy staff doesn't mean one shouldn't participate in romance discussions (Debosky is actually an IOC person, but catches fun in romance section, in those days at least. Ditto for Davidylan) but I think I understand what oyb is talking about.

Well, oyb himself is known to me as an ex-senior colleague and a manager in an O&G company, before anyone says he doesn't know anything about the industry.
cool... this is what I like. we have to always reason from both side. AFter all, there are two sides to a coin.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Jarus(m): 2:02pm On Jan 17, 2013
In any case, let the followers of this thread read all the sides and go with whatever argument they find convincing. While I have a feeling that the OP is scam, I wish anyone that believes otherwise good luck.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kittykat1(f): 2:08pm On Jan 17, 2013
R we here to boast about where we have worked or encourage ppl? We seem to be loosing the whole aim of this thread. Pls all the Oyel and Ga workers issokay. Stop showing ur muscles.

I blv in working hard but playing harder. Job-seekers pls ignore the battle of egos and pick important useful points.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 2:12pm On Jan 17, 2013
Okay... I am out of here. It was nice having Blue Diva around... she always evoke an argument.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jan 17, 2013
if all we can see is bragging about 'i have an o&g job', and there is never anything else . . .

debosky, ajanlekoko, jarus, bluediva - at one time or another , you will have fond them posting serious material with respect to their fields of endeavour, maybe as arguments, maybe as guide to others.

one really has to wonder about the authenticity of kitty kat

no gadvice on what to read for tests, no this is how the interview is structured, no talk about training rigours. . .just empty braggadocio about how you don't have to work hard to get into an oil company.

that sounds like unadulterated bs

anyway, to each his own - if you want to believe that you can read agric econs get a 2'2 and enter an oil company without even studying for the test - good for you. we know those people - the same one who keep whining about how everything is man know man.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (64) (Reply)

CBN Salary + Allowances - Who Actually Knows? / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants / Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.