Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Oil Workers Zone. - Career (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oil Workers Zone. (166834 Views)

2,000 Visafone Workers Fired As MTN Completes Acquisition / MTN, Etisalat And Glo: How They Pay Their Workers - www.NigerianBulletin.com / Oil Workers And Bankers Who Earns More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 17, 2013
anyway, its nl - stay on long enough, and all yanshes will eventually open
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kittykat1(f): 2:44pm On Jan 17, 2013
Oyb, I don't think u read all my posts before criticizing but anyway, I know that at this point its all about emotions. When next una temper cool u can allow job seekers have real info instead of chasing a rat in the wrong place.

I really hope we stay long enuf for my Okomu and adapalm nyansh to open.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 17, 2013
kitty kat: Oyb, I don't think u read all my posts before criticizing but anyway, I know that at this point its all about emotions. When next una temper cool u can allow job seekers have real info instead of chasing a rat in the wrong place.

I really hope we stay long enuf for my Okomu and adapalm nyansh to open.

Its very easy to get a job in d oil and gas industry. Just make sure u r studying something that u like. Cos anyone can work in the oil industry. Don't study a course just cos u want to get into the industry cos when u get in, u will finally become bored after u get used to all the money and gliterrati.

i wish anyone who decides to follow that bizarre advice the very best of luck cheesy cheesy cheesy

of course, there are security guards, cleaners, drivers 'in d oil and gas industry'

1 Like

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 17, 2013
You look at this thread and u wonder. Everybody knows someone who works in an oil company but funny enough dey cant get there themselves. Frm what i have read, kitty kat may be trying to get people to contact her so dat they can settle her offline. i dnt knw what bluediva, oyb and jarus have said that isn't true.
The oil company is so hard to enter. I am frm the Niger delta and i knw boys who work there but are average. It is true abt the quota thing because some top chiefs are very influental and have slots for themselves. They also get paid by this oil companies monthly so that peace can reign.I disagree with jarus that the original poster may not be a Shell staff maybe he too got in through connection frm the quota thing. My verdict is that kitty kat has not been able to prove anything and it makes u wonder if almost everybody on nairaland isn't a liar.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 3:14pm On Jan 17, 2013
hmmmm....
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kittykat1(f): 3:25pm On Jan 17, 2013
So an active poster since 2007 will suddenly come to start scamming pppl. SMH at how some ppl reason. Some ppl have contacted me offline from this thread, pls let them come here and say how much I requested from them. My brother if u have nothing to say pls park one side.

I cannot prove anything to u cos I don't want to reveal everything abt me on a public forum which can be googled from anywhere. I hv told u how I made it and have asked those who are still arguing to ask 2sexy from my CV. If u need anyother credentials, I can forward them to you. Why don't u actually request for my credentials and then verify them. If its fake, then u can come here and open my nyansh.

Let's be logical abeg. Only cos I told ppl that getting an Oil job is easy that's why u guys are beefing. I will say it again. Its easy. U guys shd stop thinking that u r too special and that's why u got the job. Anyone and I mean anyone can get in there if you are coached well.

I mentioned in one of my posts that I hv retired from helping ppl. So no one shd contact me. Read hard, prepare well, network and meet ppl that can point u in the right direction. Above all don't underestimate anyone and don't pay anyone a dime.

Aqva: You look at this thread and u wonder. Everybody knows someone who works in an oil company but funny enough dey cant get there themselves. Frm what i have read, kitty kat may be trying to get people to contact her so dat they can settle her offline. i dnt knw what bluediva, oyb and jarus have said that isn't true.
The oil company is so hard to enter. I am frm the Niger delta and i knw boys who work there but are average. It is true abt the quota thing because some top chiefs are very influental and have slots for themselves. They also get paid by this oil companies monthly so that peace can reign.I disagree with jarus that the original poster may not be a Shell staff maybe he too got in through connection frm the quota thing. My verdict is that kitty kat has not been able to prove anything and it makes u wonder if almost everybody on nairaland isn't a liar.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kittykat1(f): 3:30pm On Jan 17, 2013
Oyb pls don't get petty. How can u pick a post out without the question. Wow I am disappointed at the way u reason and how far u can go to prove a lie. I now understand what Swtlemon went thru on her thread. Some ppl just hate it when other ppl find good things easy in life. They wish everyone suffered like they did. Issokay Oy,I bear no grudGes. I know one day we might meet offline and probably laff about ur mudslinging.
oyb:

i wish anyone who decides to follow that bizarre advice the very best of luck cheesy cheesy cheesy

of course, there are security guards, cleaners, drivers 'in d oil and gas industry'
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 17, 2013
BlueDiva:

And who is discouraging you?
A smart person has a higher chance of getting employment anywhere in the world.

Typical Nigerians don't enjoy the truth.
You would rather i tell you how easy it is to get in and then you'll start asking for emails and my number.
Next thing I'll drop an account number and smile to to the bank.

Why not take the useful part of my advice? Nobody want's me to spoil the party.
The truth is that you have to have an extra edge over others. A mediocre is a day dreamer..
WRONG GRAMMAR! A mediocrity is a day dreamer. So according to BlueDiva's theory, she doesn't work in an oil firm herself...lol. So simplistic.
BlueDiva just needs the attention and she has successfully gotten it. It's easy to get attention and carve a niche on Nairaland; just disagree with the status quo and be extremely uncouth.
Kittykat, I will not advise you to play to the gallery by sending anybody your CV and payslip just to prove a baseless point. Be security conscious. Security awareness is taken seriously in the oil industry. We are not in an ego war.
I disagree with BlueDiva on some of her opinion on oil and gas jobs
1. It is not all firms that recruit on quota basis. And even when they do, they do it alongside the general and publicly advertised recruitment.
2. I do not agree that oil firms have 'special' candidates anointed by politicians and government officials. That's not true. It's highly exaggerated.
3. I agree that getting into the oil industry is very competitive and only the very smart chaps are recruited. That does not exclude the element of luck or favour. Even the indigenes employed are usually very smart. I work for an IOC and I am yet to see a staff who is not smart.
4. I will like to encourage all people seeking to work in an oil firm that IT IS POSSIBLE. But you must work hard...and smart. Be open-minded to other industries anyway.
Many, if not all the advice kittykat has given is very valid. Please do follow them.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 5:31pm On Jan 17, 2013
x-fire:

WRONG GRAMMAR! A mediocrity is a day dreamer. So according to BlueDiva's theory, she doesn't work in an oil firm herself...lol. So simplistic.
BlueDiva just needs the attention and she has successfully gotten it. It's easy to get attention and carve a niche on Nairaland; just disagree with the status quo and be extremely uncouth.
Kittykat, I will not advise you to play to the gallery by sending anybody your CV and payslip just to prove a baseless point. Be security conscious. Security awareness is taken seriously in the oil industry. We are not in an ego war.
1. It is not all firms that recruit on quota basis. And even when they do, they do it alongside the general and publicly advertised recruitment.
2. I do not agree that oil firms have 'special' candidates anointed by politicians and government officials. That's not true. It's highly exaggerated.
3. I agree that getting into the oil industry is very competitive and only the very smart chaps are recruited. That does not exclude the element of luck or favour. Even the indigenes employed are usually very smart. I work for an IOC and I am yet to see a staff who is not smart.
4. I will like to encourage all people seeking to work in an oil firm that IT IS POSSIBLE. But you must work hard...and smart. Be open-minded to other industries anyway.
Many, if not all the advice kittykat has given is very valid. Please do follow them.

Thank you...

The truth is that is how she has always pass her messages ever since I have known her. What she does not know is that the more you try to force people to accept you point of view, the more defensive they get.

One thing I have come to realise is that once you get experience, it becomes a lot easier to get job and for me, that is my major concern--Experience. I dont really care about pay for now.

I wonder what she gains by rubbish people and saying they know nothing... That is why Ben Carson, the world renowned nearo-surgeon and a Phd holder stated in his book that there is no point trying to prove that you are better than others.

If you read his book( Think Big) you will see where his classmates where hating him because he was just trying to prove to everyone that he knows so much, but when he got into Yale University, he realised that where he his brilliance stopped is where others started....

People are not blind nor silly. Respect is earned...
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jan 17, 2013
2sexy:

Thank you...

The truth is that is how she has always pass her messages ever since I have known her. What she does not know is that the more you try to force people to accept you point of view, the more defensive they get.

One thing I have come to realise is that once you get experience, it becomes a lot easier to get job and for me, that is my major concern--Experience. I dont really care about pay for now.

I wonder what she gains by rubbish people and saying they know nothing... That is why Ben Carson, the world renowned nearo-surgeon and a Phd holder stated in his book that there is no point trying to prove that you are better than others.

If you read his book( Think Big) you will see where his classmates where hating him because he was just trying to prove to everyone that he knows so much, but when he got into Yale University, he realised that where he his brilliance stopped is where others started....

People are not blind nor silly. Respect is earned...

i'm sure the world renowned ben carson adopted the lazy approach you people are promoting cheesy
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 5:35pm On Jan 17, 2013
oyb:

i'm sure the world renowned ben carson adopted the lazy approach you people are promoting cheesy
nope.. he worked hard...
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 17, 2013
x-fire:

You are a fool for saying i'm wrong.
Mediocrity is the state of being mediocre. Pick your brighter grammar you tool.

I didn't even bother to read the nonsense you wrote down there.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kokosheen(m): 5:41pm On Jan 17, 2013
I was the first person to point out that the OP is more like trying to scam people, because he never was and isn't a shell staff. I didn't pick it up at first when he posted his supposed shell email addy, because I'd advised him to remove it immediately but on a closer look I found the supposed official email addy is not in Shell email format.
I know the email address formats for Shell, Mobil, Addax, Total and a few other multinationals because it helps to clear your box of unwanted emails.

As for BlueDiva's (what a shame that she supports Chelsea) and Kitty-Kat's arguments, really there shouldn't be any. I remember in Kitty-Kat's earlier post when she said the gate-man thing was a one-off and she can't replicate that stunt again (I think I've been in the industry long enough to know that anything can happen, even in multinationals).

BlueDiva, please advise prospective employees how they can better brighten their chances of making it into the industry (since you know so much tongue).

After my initial clash with the OP, I'd decided to sit and watch how the drama plays out but was encouraged by Kitty_Kat and had decided to contribute later.

Now my advise to people wanting to get in:
1. You don't have to know anyone, but if you do, better for you because the person can coach you on what to do and how you do it too (Nice one Kitty_kat)
2. Do lots of sample test questions, SHL/Prometric/PSI/Advance Measurement professionals do have practice psychometric, personality assessments, and performance management tests that O&G majors look out for.
If you make it to 2nd stage of their tests, your attitude assessment has started from that point and anything you do or say might/might not work for you or against you, so watch yourself.
3. Don't be yourself, be who the company needs you to be. Practice on being this person too until it becomes you.
4. Be confident, dress well, talk well and don't be too argumentative (always pick your points! SMH @ BlueDiva)
For assessment/interview
5. Be good in your field/discipline but its also an advantage that you know a little bit of everything else (seriously not a little bit, you should know something about other fields, not just technical stuff if you're a technical person and vice versa for non-technical people too)
6. Be constructive in your points, don't just talk, make sure it matters to topic of discussion
7. Be smart and delegate (do it in a way the person working for you doesn't even know he/she is doing it and let them be glad to do it) - this is important, leadership things wink
8. Please, these questions have always come up in all the interviews I've attended: Give us examples of leadership roles you've held and how do you overcome challenges when they arise? think about them long and hard before going for any interview.
9. Manage your time

I know my post is a tad long but saw the e-missles flying and thought I better do this now or I never will. To all prospective O&G workers, Good luck in your quest for that eldorado job.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 17, 2013
Interesting!

Oil workers zone indeed!

The best title should have been how to get a job in O&G industry.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 5:48pm On Jan 17, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 5:50pm On Jan 17, 2013
Kokosheen... I get Kesisheen oooo grin grin grin grin.

Now,where in school is this taught?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jan 17, 2013
Seriously, I dived in here thinking I get to talk about the O&G industry in more technical terms but only met the job advert things.

It was worth the time anyway.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 17, 2013
BlueDiva:

You are a fool for saying i'm wrong.
Mediocrity is the state of being mediocre. Pick your brighter grammar you tool.

I didn't even bother to read the nonsense you wrote down there.

This will be my last reply to you since you can not be wise enough to dump Nigerian English and accept simple grammatical error. And you call yourself an HR personnel?
I rest my case on you.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 5:59pm On Jan 17, 2013
Vikin: Seriously, I dived in here thinking I get to talk about the O&G industry in more technical terms but only met the job advert things.

It was worth the time anyway.

At least, you shared something that could change a life... you told them how to find their way, how to open up to opportunity. That is what really matter in life, nothing more.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 17, 2013
Hilarious, see them spamming my box with emails.
The same people who are sharing experience on the job asking for a job.

I don't give people jobs, i don't have the power to. People should stop sending me emails. I can't even read it.
Consult kit kat or these other wannabes, abeg!
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 6:03pm On Jan 17, 2013
BlueDiva: Hilarious, see them spamming my box with emails.

I don't give people jobs, i don't have the power to. People should stop sending me emails. I can't even read it.
hahahahha.... na who be that?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kittykat1(f): 6:06pm On Jan 17, 2013
I thot aunty mi had left us ragtaG coconut oil workers in our jungle. Wwhy is she still here? Abg no one shd disturb Aunty o. I hv plans of her recommending me for a big contract in her coy.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 17, 2013
BlueDiva: Hilarious, see them spamming my box with emails.

You are going about it the wrong way. After all you stated in this thread that you are in HR with a multi national producing company, why won't they spam your email for job!

You even used a working email to open your nairaland account. So you know fully well that more emails are coming your way, make no mistake about it.

I wish you many more spammed mails, you deserve it! tongue
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 17, 2013
x-fire:

Where did u do your schooling. I've been watching from d fence and i must laugh at u at this point.A person is a mediocre and not a mediocrity. Mediocrity is the act of being mediocre. You don't say a mediocrity as a person. U rather call a person a mediocre. U are the one using a wrong grammar. Its only old poets that used such words in d past.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 6:12pm On Jan 17, 2013
Vikin:

You are going about it the wrong way. After all you stated in this thread that you are in HR with a multi national producing company, why won't they spam your email for job!

You even used a working email to open your nairaland account. So you know fully well that more emails are coming your way, make no mistake about it.

I wish you many more spammed mails, you deserve it! tongue

hahahhahaha.... smart and intelligent.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by kittykat1(f): 6:13pm On Jan 17, 2013
I am surprised that ppl in H.R who shd be more professional than palmoil workers use their official email to open an NLD acc. How does that conform to ur companies IT policy? So we palmoil workers are even more security conscious?
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 17, 2013
kitty kat: I am surprised that ppl in H.R who shd be more professional that palmoil workers use their official email to open an NLD acc. How does that conform to ur companies IT policy? So we palmoil workers are even more security conscious?

easy going babe, abeg tell me where bluedivas company email is on nl
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 17, 2013
kitty kat: I am surprised that ppl in H.R who shd be more professional that palmoil workers use their official email to open an NLD acc. How does that conform to ur companies IT policy? So we palmoil workers are even more security conscious?
U are still a suspect here. I still believe ur aim is to deceive and collect mny offline. U refused to prove ur case. all those other guys, oyb and co are just being realistic. Most of u are fraudsters seeking youngsters to deceive.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 17, 2013
double
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by 2sexy(m): 6:27pm On Jan 17, 2013
Aqva:
U are still a suspect here. I still believe ur aim is to deceive and collect mny offline. U refused to prove ur case. all those other guys, oyb and co are just being realistic. Most of u are fraudsters seeking youngsters to deceive.
with all due respect, she is NOT a fraudster. You are entitled to your opinions, but I am yet to see where she has asked anyone for money.
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 17, 2013
The N:

Where did u do your schooling. I've been watching from d fence and i must laugh at u at this point.A person is a mediocre and not a mediocrity. Mediocrity is the act of being mediocre. You don't say a mediocrity as a person. U rather call a person a mediocre. U are the one using a wrong grammar. Its only old poets that used such words in d past.
When people correct grammatical errors, take a few minutes to check the dictionary or google it. Don't be so lazy! You have access to the internet to write the above, why not check online before coming here to display your ignorance?

me·di·oc·ri·ty - /ˌmēdēˈäkrətē/
Noun:
1. The quality or state of being mediocre
2. A person of mediocre ability
Re: Oil Workers Zone. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 17, 2013
x-fire:

When people correct grammatical errors, take a few minutes to check the dictionary or google it. Don't be so lazy! You have access to the internet to write the above, why not check online before coming here to display your ignorance?

me·di·oc·ri·ty - /ˌmēdēˈäkrətē/
Noun:
1. The quality or state of being mediocre
2. A person of mediocre ability

mediocrity exist as a word no doubt. U dnt say a mediocrity. U say a mediocre. A mediocrity is going to go hungry is wrong English. U say a mediocre is going to go hungry. U were wrong in your use of the word. I need a neutral person who knows his English to come in at this point. im nt perfect but i'm positive i'm very correct here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (64) (Reply)

CBN Salary + Allowances - Who Actually Knows? / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants / Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.