Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,127 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! (3595 Views)

Rev. Father Mbaka Visits Buhari And Osinbajo (Photos) / Pastor Kumuyi Visits Ooni Ogunwusi (Photo) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by ijawkid(m): 1:28pm On Nov 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

You definitely think he was deluded then because you are certain that he didn't go to heaven and back, no?

He received a revelation that's why we are reading it from the scriptures......

Any visions outside that of the scriptures is invalid......learn to be content with the scriptures.......
Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 21, 2012
ijawkid:

Any visions outside that of the scriptures is invalid......learn to be content with the scriptures.......
SOLID POINT. SCRIPTURE DO SAY >>ECCLESIASTES 12 VS 12 People never stop writing books. Too much studying will wear out your body. SOME PEOPLE ACTUALLY BUY BOOKS FROM ASHIMOLOWO, BENNY HINN, ADEBOYE, OYEDEPO ETC WHICH TELLS THEM ABOUT THE BIBLE WHEN YOU HAVE THE BIBLE YOURSELF AND CAN READ IT. WHY NOT GO STRAIGHT TO THE SOURCE ? THIS IS CRAZINESS I TELL YA. YOU BUY A BOOK THAT WILL TELL YOU ABOUT A BOOK YOU ALREADY HAVE IS THAT NOT INSANITY
Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:53pm On Nov 21, 2012
ijawkid:

Definition :::::::

3. an experience in which a personage, thing, or event appears vividly or credibly to the mind, although not actually present, often under the influence of a divine or other agency: a heavenly messenger appearing in a vision. .......

So was it "a heavenly messenger" that appeared to Isaiah in the vision?
Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by chakula: 6:01pm On Nov 21, 2012
grin grin Even your brethren are exposing your lies Ola I laugh in Jesus Language! undecided
Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:24pm On Nov 21, 2012
ijawkid:

You need to read the revelation carefully and tell us what you've learnt from it. Does it not say that a person can go to the third heaven either with or without the body? Did Paul not say that he went to the third heaven? Here is it again, how do you read?

"It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord. I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knows; ) such an one caught up to the third heaven"
(2 Cor. 12:1-2).

Did he not say that he was caught up to heaven? If so why will it be strange if someone get's caught up to heaven today?
Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:27pm On Nov 21, 2012
obadiah777:

SOLID POINT. SCRIPTURE DO SAY >>ECCLESIASTES 12 VS 12 People never stop writing books. Too much studying will wear out your body. SOME PEOPLE ACTUALLY BUY BOOKS FROM ASHIMOLOWO, BENNY HINN, ADEBOYE, OYEDEPO ETC WHICH TELLS THEM ABOUT THE BIBLE WHEN YOU HAVE THE BIBLE YOURSELF AND CAN READ IT. WHY NOT GO STRAIGHT TO THE SOURCE ? THIS IS CRAZINESS I TELL YA. YOU BUY A BOOK THAT WILL TELL YOU ABOUT A BOOK YOU ALREADY HAVE IS THAT NOT INSANITY

This is from the horse's mouth, how do you read?

"It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord. I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knows; ) such an one caught up to the third heaven"
Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:34pm On Nov 21, 2012
chakula:

grin grin Even your brethren are exposing your lies Ola I laugh in Jesus Language! undecided

Why don't you study your Qu'ran and tell us whether Surah 2:65; 5:59-60; 7:166 is saying the truth when its states that Allah turned some Jews into rats, pigs and monkeys? shocked
Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:08am On Nov 22, 2012
Pastor Kun:

I am now convinced beyond reasonable doubt that olaadegbu has zero understanding of scripture. Imagine mistaking a vision for a physical visitation

Why don't you tell us the meaning of a vision, does it mean you don't see? Do you know what is called out of body experience?
Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by ijawkid(m): 8:48am On Nov 22, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

You need to read the revelation carefully and tell us what you've learnt from it. Does it not say that a person can go to the third heaven either with or without the body? Did Paul not say that he went to the third heaven? Here is it again, how do you read?

Did he not say that he was caught up to heaven? If so why will it be strange if someone get's caught up to heaven today?

Did you read verse 7 of 2 corinthians 12??....

Read it........

New Living Translation (©2007)
even though I have received such wonderful
""revelations"" from God. So to keep me from
becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my
flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me
and keep me from becoming proud.

It was all a revelation....just like the revelations JOHN saw and penned down in the book of revelations..........
Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:15am On Nov 22, 2012
ijawkid:

Did you read verse 7 of 2 corinthians 12??....

Read it........

New Living Translation (©2007)
even though I have received such wonderful
""revelations"" from God. So to keep me from
becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my
flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me
and keep me from becoming proud.

It was all a revelation....just like the revelations JOHN saw and penned down in the book of revelations..........

You seem to get hung up on the words visions and revelations. Did Paul and John see heaven or not? Seeing can either be in the body or in the spirit. You can either see with your physical eyes or see with your spirit eyes, seeing is seeing. Now tell me, did they see heaven or not?
Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by PastorKun(m): 9:23am On Nov 22, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

You seem to get hung up on the words visions and revelations. Did Paul and John see heaven or not? Seeing can either be in the body or in the spirit. You can either see with your physical eyes or see with your spirit eyes, seeing is seeing. Now tell me, did they see heaven or not?

Olodo there is a difference between seeing a vision of heaven and seeing God. Asides if you don't know the definition of vision, you shouldn't be here starting threads and commenting on what you don't know.
Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:27am On Nov 22, 2012
Before you all start tripping over yourselves over what you don't know let me help you out and that is if you've got the heart to receive it.

This is what Paul experienced:

And this is the exposition of respectable bible scholars on the quoted verse:

2 Corinthians 12:2
above fourteen years ago. This unique experience of Paul may have been when he was stoned to apparent death at Lystra, then recovered, possibly being miraculously resurrected from the dead (Acts 14:19-20). This is uncertain, however, and there is no other New Testament reference to this event.

in the body. Paul had already written about a future bodily rapture into heaven and also about the departure of the soul from the body into heaven (1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; 2 Corinthians 5:6-8 ), so both types of events are possible. In this case he was not sure which it was. Perhaps in His visit to heaven he had encountered both men in physical bodies (e.g., the Old Testament saints raised after Christ’s resurrection—Matthew 27:52-53) and also translated souls awaiting resurrection (see notes on 2 Corinthians 5:1-8 ), and he could not be certain of his own state at the time.

third heaven. The pagans in many cases believed in seven heavens, but there is no Biblical hint of any such thing. It is possible that Paul was translated in time to the future heaven—that is, the new heaven and new earth, the first having been destroyed by water, the second by fire (2 Peter 3:5-13). More likely, however, he was translated beyond the heaven of the stars and the heaven of the birds (Genesis 1:15,20) to the heaven where God’s throne is (e.g., Isaiah 14:13; Job 22:12), the heaven to which Christ ascended to the right hand of God at His throne (Mark 16:19; Ephesians 1:20).

I hope this will help those whose minds are not already made up in error and enable you to rightly dissect the truth of the word of God.
Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by plappville(f): 9:39am On Nov 22, 2012
All these doom days visionist of the end of age.
Satan is very trickish, He can makeup Himself to be seen like Angel/God......the Bible did not teach that anyman can see God and live. This Man must have seen Satan not God.
Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by plappville(f): 9:55am On Nov 22, 2012
The man said that God told Him he cannot cross to the other side, that He has to go back to finish the work He started. I thought Christ had finish it all for us
He claimed He stood face to face with God. What has never happend in scripture. No man has seen God. All the prophets saw Christ not Yahweh.
Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:24pm On Nov 22, 2012
plappville:

All these doom days visionist of the end of age.
Satan is very trickish, He can makeup Himself to be seen like Angel/God......the Bible did not teach that anyman can see God and live. This Man must have seen Satan not God.

Let me pull your legs a little bit. . .

"With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold . . . " (Numbers 12:8 ).

Who did Moses see, God or satan?
Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 22, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Let me pull your legs a little bit. . .

"With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold . . . " (Numbers 12:8 ).

Who did Moses see, God or satan?

Moses only saw the 'back parts ' of GOD , not his face !!!

"When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; [size=13pt]but my face must not be seen[/size]."" - Exodus 33:22

You are all over the place with this confusion !!
Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:01pm On Nov 22, 2012
frosbel:

Moses only saw the 'back parts ' of GOD , not his face !!!

"When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; [size=13pt]but my face must not be seen[/size]."" - Exodus 33:22

You are all over the place with this confusion !!

Who is talking about His face, is the back parts of God not God? This is what our Lord Jesus had to say:

"No man has seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he has declared Him"
(John 1:18 ).

When Moses requested to see God's glory, God told him,

"I will make all my goodness pass before you, ... [but] you cannot see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live"
(Ex.33:18-23).

If all of God's essence is shown to a sinner, he would instantly die.

But God came to a compromise with Moses and said,

"it shall come to pass, while my glory passes by, that I will put you in a cleft of the rock, and will cover you with My hand while I pass by"

The only way a man can live in the presense of God is to be hidden in the Rock of Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 10:4).
Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:43pm On Nov 23, 2012
plappville:

The man said that God told Him he cannot cross to the other side, that He has to go back to finish the work He started. I thought Christ had finish it all for us

He claimed He stood face to face with God. What has never happend in scripture. No man has seen God. All the prophets saw Christ not Yahweh.

If they have seen our Lord Jesus Christ they have seen Yahweh.
Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 23, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

If they have seen our Lord Jesus Christ they have seen Yahweh.

No !

They have seen and observed the character of Yahweh through JESUS , but they have not seen Yahweh face to face, you are getting all mixed up !!
Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by PastorKun(m): 2:25pm On Nov 23, 2012
frosbel:

No !

They have seen and observed the character of Yahweh through JESUS , but they have not seen Yahweh face to face, you are getting all mixed up !!

He is not mixed up, he is just being plain dis honest as usual.
Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:47pm On Nov 23, 2012
frosbel:

No !

How long will you continue to kick against the goads? This is a conversation of our Lord Jesus Christ had with His disciples:

"If you had known me, you should have known my Father also; and from henceforth you know Him, and have seen Him. Philip said to Him, Lord, show us the Father, and it suffices us. Jesus said to him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet have you not known me, Philip? he that has seen me has seen the Father; and how do you say then, Show us the Father? Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak to you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwells in me, He does the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me; or else believe me for the very works' sake."
(John 14:7-11).
Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 23, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

How long will you continue to kick against the goads? This is a conversation of our Lord Jesus Christ had with His disciples:

(John 14:7-11).

You just seem to have a real problem deciphering and analysing simple truths, it's becoming scary !!!

Jesus Christ is the express image of his father in action, purpose and intent but most importantly in character.

However he is not the Father.

The Father is Yahweh.

Jesus is the Son.

See what happens when you join a cult and adhere to it's teachings without question !
Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:10pm On Nov 23, 2012
frosbel:

You just seem to have a real problem deciphering and analysing simple truths, it's becoming scary !!!

Jesus Christ is the express image of his father in action, purpose and intent but most importantly in character.

However he is not the Father.

The Father is Yahweh.

Jesus is the Son.

See what happens when you join a cult and adhere to it's teachings without question !

I can understand that you think everyone else has a problem deciphering the Word of God except you but have you paused for a moment and consider that you might be wrong?

From verse 7 that I quoted our Lord Jesus Christ gave us the essential truth that validates the astounding claim He has just made in verse 6 where He rightly said that He is:

"the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by me"
(John 14:6)

Our Lord Jesus Christ rightly said the above words because He is one with the Father and to know Him is to know God, to see Him is to see God. We can now see that in our Lord Jesus Christ that which is impossible actually happens: we humans see God.

Jesus also has the names of God.

Let me repeat this exposition on this topic that I posted elsewhere.

Jesus Christ is God, not with inverted commas, but the very God of the very God. His name is Yahweh.

Jesus Christ possesses divine names—names that can only be used of God. For example:

Jesus is Yahweh.

Yahweh is a very common Hebrew name for God in the Old Testament, occurring over 5,300 times. It is translated Lord (all capitals) in many English translations of the Bible.

We first learn of this name in Exodus 3, where Moses asked God by what name He should be called. God replied to him, "I AM WHO I AM. . . .Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you" (verse 14). Yahweh is basically a shortened form of "I AM WHO I AM" (verse 15). The name conveys the idea of eternal self-existence. Yahweh never came into being at a point in time for He has always existed.

Jesus implicitly ascribed this divine name to himself during a confrontation He had with a group of hostile Jews. He said, "I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM" (John 8:58). Jesus deliberately contrasted the created origin of Abraham—whom the Jews venerated—with His own eternal, uncreated nature as God

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/nab2/is-jesus-god
Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by pastormustwacc: 7:10am On Nov 24, 2012
ijawkid:

Persons who go to heaven don't come back to tell stories....they stay there forever.....and until they are reSsurected from the dead no one goes to heaven...

Thank you!!!!....

So take these stories to the dustbin.....

The visions of heaven in the book of revelations is enough.....
O boy, you harsh no be small o. You harsh so tay i no sabi wetin i go write again. This op is one of the ones that reduced our Nigerian IQ level to 59!
Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by brainpulse: 8:07am On Nov 24, 2012
Chapter 7, verses 50-58
50 Didn’t my hand make all these things?’
51 “You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, you always resist the Holy Spirit! As your fathers did, so you do.
52 Which of the prophets didn’t your fathers persecute? They killed those who foretold the coming of the Righteous One, of whom you have now become betrayers and murderers.
53 You received the law as it was ordained by angels, and didn’t keep it!”
54 Now when they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed at him with their teeth.
55 But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
56 and said, “Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!”
57 But they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and rushed at him with one accord.
58 They threw him out of the city, and stoned him. The witnesses placed their garments at the feet of a young man named Saul.

Everything is possible by God.

How did Stephen knew it was God he saw? Simple He was filled with the Holyspirit and right there he saw what the people around him could not see. When God decide to do anything He needs no excuse excuse from anybody, religion or not, no law can stop him.
When you are filled with the Holyspirit from God, God Himself can show you anything and take you anywhere.
Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:36pm On Nov 24, 2012
brainpulse:

Chapter 7, verses 50-58
50 Didn’t my hand make all these things?’
51 “You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, you always resist the Holy Spirit! As your fathers did, so you do.
52 Which of the prophets didn’t your fathers persecute? They killed those who foretold the coming of the Righteous One, of whom you have now become betrayers and murderers.
53 You received the law as it was ordained by angels, and didn’t keep it!”
54 Now when they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed at him with their teeth.
55 But he, being full of the Holy Spirit, looked up steadfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
56 and said, “Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!”
57 But they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and rushed at him with one accord.
58 They threw him out of the city, and stoned him. The witnesses placed their garments at the feet of a young man named Saul.

Everything is possible by God.

How did Stephen knew it was God he saw? Simple He was filled with the Holyspirit and right there he saw what the people around him could not see. When God decide to do anything He needs no excuse excuse from anybody, religion or not, no law can stop him.
When you are filled with the Holyspirit from God, God Himself can show you anything and take you anywhere.

May God richly bless you my brother.
Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by ijawkid(m): 10:50pm On Nov 24, 2012
brainpulse:

Stephen was also given a revelation......

How possible is it for stephen to have seen Yahweh and his son sitting @ his right hand all the way from the earth if not through a vision or a revelation??.........eh??.....

OncÉ again I'll tell you guys:::::be content with the revelations and visions that are found in the bible and the bible alone........we don't need any extra visions from anonymous persons..........

Its because of not being content with the scriptures that many believe that in hellfire,satan is with a pitch fork stabbing the hell out of hellfire occupants and that MJ and pope john paul are roasting seriously under that condition.........

I'm waiting for the next hell fire story.....

I'll keep SMH!!!!!
Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:47pm On Nov 25, 2012
Man visits Heaven and meets God ! - (Part 2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJMUnTFsq4Q

Earthquake Kelly was medically pronounced dead and now talks about his experience in heaven. He speaks about abandoned children, aborted babies and a message for prosperity preachers.
Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by P4VS20: 10:09pm On Nov 25, 2012
mhen, its not new, thats normal sunday service @ my church. i do that every day. lol. am sure most of us stand before God n we dont even know it. hahaha
Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by brainpulse: 5:19pm On Nov 26, 2012
ijawkid:

Stephen was also given a revelation......

How possible is it for stephen to have seen Yahweh and his son sitting @ his right hand all the way from the earth if not through a vision or a revelation??.........eh??.....

OncÉ again I'll tell you guys:::::be content with the revelations and visions that are found in the bible and the bible alone........we don't need any extra visions from anonymous persons..........

Its because of not being content with the scriptures that many believe that in hellfire,satan is with a pitch fork stabbing the hell out of hellfire occupants and that MJ and pope john paul are roasting seriously under that condition.........

I'm waiting for the next hell fire story.....

I'll keep SMH!!!!!

I know you just do religion which i understand very well. You have no close experience with christ. So you are saying that God can not do anything He wishes to do to anyone He chooses.
Was it recorded that stephen was in a trance, seeing vision or revelation? You are not been truthful i tell you and you know it. The best of our thoughts are not near to God and He is an unquestionable God.The bible says His ways are not ours.
If God decides to do anything 100000000 Ijawkid can not stop Him. That is the reason why He is God or his your God stoppable?
Re: Man Visits Heaven And Meets God! by Nobody: 4:26am On Nov 27, 2012
O.M.E:
Meet God Hmm..haven't seen the video but I don't believe..

grin

I will watch the video as soon as my song ends.. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Marine Spirits, Stronger Than Witchcraft But.... / God, Creation and Miracles or Evolution? / Should Women Be Ordained To Head Churches And Mosques?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.